Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,175,601 members, 7,895,380 topics. Date: Saturday, 20 July 2024 at 09:29 AM

African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread - Foreign Affairs (968) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Foreign Affairs / African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread (6079095 Views)

African Militaries Strictly Discussions Thread. / African Militaries - Discussed And Dissected / What Countries Have The Weakest Militaries In Africa? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (965) (966) (967) (968) (969) (970) (971) ... (2859) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 4:02pm On Feb 16, 2017
Patchesagain:

Separate OPS, confrence and flight rooms, big hangar, flex-deck, davits, 13 000 km or 40 day range. However, unlike in these picks it seems from the Defweb article that ours will have the Axe-bow (straight edge), which is neato...

Its a really nice package.

Obviously we will have to wait and see what the final design is, but all in all it should be pretty hard to fvck it up.

Hopefully they can complete the technical negotiations timorously.

So it's this one with an Axe-bow wink

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 4:16pm On Feb 16, 2017
africaken254:
Kenya army Panhard AML

Hrmnn, are these the ones upgraded by the Israelis?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 4:56pm On Feb 16, 2017
Henry240:
**** it also seems the Nigerian Navy is interested in a Naval helicopter from Airbus helicopters. The Nigerian Navy might procure the Panther helicopter from France. This helicopter. I guess we would all wait and see.
*adjusting seat and filling mug with tea*

Henry should I be excited?
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 5:11pm On Feb 16, 2017
ActivateKruger:

Do you think the Armed Forces Day parades would go on, Durban could get soaking wet this weekend.
You guys are having cyclones down south while drought is raping us dry .. fu(king global warming

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:14pm On Feb 16, 2017
Henry240:

It's not mainstream source, the same place I sourced the Ocea photo from.

It might be possible, that's why I'm saying we should wait and see. Me might or might not. It is my belief that we might.

Let's wait and see.

What I can say is that we are strongly interested and have tested the helicopter in Marsielle, France. That is, April, 2016.
Okay I think I know what you're talking about... grin
March and April 2016, airbus helicopters testing.
Roger.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Odunayaw(m): 5:17pm On Feb 16, 2017
Fidha254:
You guys are having cyclones down south while drought is raping us dry .. fu(king global warming
shocked is that a cow or a diagram
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:26pm On Feb 16, 2017
Scenes from the temporary camp in Durban for Armed Forces Day 2017.

6 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Fidha254(m): 5:28pm On Feb 16, 2017
Odunayaw:

shocked is that a cow or a diagram
That is a cow about to be eaten by that cop staring at it, he's like "am not gonna let you suffer like this, its me or you boi"

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:32pm On Feb 16, 2017
frumentius:

Hrmnn, are these the ones upgraded by the Israelis?
there is a night vision device clearly seen mounted in the rear of the barrel
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 5:34pm On Feb 16, 2017
Fidha254:

It's becoming a strange world... However it is the season of the Southern Hemisphere cyclones although South Africa hasn't gotten an extreme cyclone since the year 2000.

As for droughts, governments should invest in mega water-capture infrastructure to soften the impact. When it rains (because it does) the water should be captured and stored for extreme droughts... Also, there should be infrastructure to move water from surplus regions to regions in need.... Mostly no fresh water should ever go to the sea.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 5:47pm On Feb 16, 2017
Fidha254:
That is a cow about to be eaten by that cop staring at it, he's like "am not gonna let you suffer like this, its me or you boi"
kenyan pastoralist communities need to change their cultural practices of roaming around with cattle or livestocks,over grazing their land and then invade other people ranches who managed their grazing land well and still have grass to feed their livestocks during drought period.this phenomenon of extreme weather patterns is something ,we have to live with in the coming year.but considering the dumb idiots(Africans who can't change their stupid cultural practices,because their think ancestors will curse them) we have around,its just going to get worse

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 6:02pm On Feb 16, 2017
frumentius:
Scenes from the temporary camp in Durban for Armed Forces Day 2017.

Frumie, you beat me to it... Someone had just WhatsApped me the aerial pics.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by ActivateKruger: 6:09pm On Feb 16, 2017
africaken254:
kenyan pastoralist communities need to change their cultural practices of roaming around with cattle or livestocks,over grazing their land and then invade other people ranches who managed their grazing land well and still have grass to feed their livestocks during drought period.this phenomenon of extreme weather patterns is something ,we have to live with in the coming year.but considering the dumb idiots(Africans who can't change their stupid cultural practices,because their think ancestors will curse them) we have around,its just going to get worse

Over grazing is one common issue non commercial farmers have... We have the same problem with non commercial cattle keepers in the rural provinces like the Eastern Cape and KwaZulu Natal. There's too many cows overgrazing these lands and no one is selling.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:13pm On Feb 16, 2017
Moroccan Navy

1 - Sigma 9813 version class corvet

2 - FREMM frigate Mohammed VI

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:24pm On Feb 16, 2017
Northrop F-5E Tiger III moroccan air force

4 Likes 1 Share

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:36pm On Feb 16, 2017
Algerian air force , Sukhoi 30 MKA

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DLMN80VGSqs
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by lionel4power(m): 6:39pm On Feb 16, 2017
chkil:
Northrop F-5E Tiger III moroccan air force
f 16s kid brother

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 6:52pm On Feb 16, 2017
8th Mi 26 T2 spotted in italy in his way to algeria .

look at the man next it , so big grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:01pm On Feb 16, 2017
CONTINUATION OF BUDGET DEFENCE: Chief of the Air Staff, Air Mshl SB Abubakar today appeared before the House Committee on Air Force to highlight the performance of 2016 NAF Budget and defend the 2017 Budget.

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:01pm On Feb 16, 2017

2 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:03pm On Feb 16, 2017
Photo news: NAF conducts 2-day medical outreach for IDPs at Gwoza, Borno State. The latest program is a continuation of its humanitarian support to victims of Boko Haram insurgency in the North East.

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:04pm On Feb 16, 2017
Kilo 636M submarines , Algerian navy

3 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:06pm On Feb 16, 2017
Breaking News

Nigerian Air Force MI-17 comes under attack.

Fighter aircraft and attack helicopter scrambled. Boko-Haram Terrorist toasted. Mission successful. Like a boss cool

PRESS RELEASE
GWOZA: BOKO HARAM TERRORISTS ATTACK NAF HELICOPTER CONVEYING MEDICS ON OUTREACH PROGRAMME
A Nigerian Air Force (NAF) helicopter conveying personnel on medical outreach programme at Gwoza yesterday came under attack by members of the Boko Haram Terrorist (BHT) group. The Mi-17 helicopter was shot at severally by the insurgents however there was no casualty except for an airman that sustained bullet wound. The helicopter had departed from Maiduguri enroute the venue of the 2-day medical outreach programme in Gwoza when it came under attack by the insurgents. Nevertheless, the pilot was able to fly the helicopter safely to and from its destination to enable the outreach programme continue uninterrupted.
Following the attack, the NAF immediately scrambled a fighter aircraft and helicopter gunship to the location between Bama and Gwoza to neutralise the threat. Intelligence report by ground troops confirmed scores of BHTs were killed, signifying that the air attack on the threat location was successful.
Recall that the NAF has been conducting medical outreach in the North East as part of its humanitarian support to Internally Displaced Persons. The latest of this effort was in Gwoza. This follows a similar effort undertaken recently for IDPs in Lagos area.

4 Likes

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:07pm On Feb 16, 2017
chkil:
8th Mi 26 T2 spotted in italy in his way to algeria .

look at the man next it , so big grin

What a thing of beauty!

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:14pm On Feb 16, 2017
Patchesagain:

Lol, and add yet another variant to your fleet?

I doubt your staff would do such a thing.

I don't know, I'm not a policy maker. There is also no evidence of an order.

What I can say with confidence is, the Nigerian Navy evaluated the Panther helicopter in April 2016. I have proof of this.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:15pm On Feb 16, 2017
Odunayaw:
*adjusting seat and filling mug with tea*

Henry should I be excited?

I guess we would have to wait and see. Possibly by 2018.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:16pm On Feb 16, 2017
jakeporeshenko:

Okay I think I know what you're talking about... grin
March and April 2016, airbus helicopters testing.
Roger.

My man, I know you would know. grin grin
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by tdayof(m): 7:31pm On Feb 16, 2017
Henry240:

My man, I know you would know. grin grin
I guess crew onboard made the mi-17 fly unarmed in such area.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 7:44pm On Feb 16, 2017
tdayof:

I guess crew onboard made the mi-17 fly unarmed in such area.

I cannot say. In a humanitarian mission, I don't think they are usually armed.
Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by DaV8King(m): 8:07pm On Feb 16, 2017
I have seen the Beryl video Henry240 was on about, and it is truly not the easiest to share sad

However, the lack of recoil or obvious barrel heat and rate of fire shocked shocked

Good luck (not) to any BHTs facing one on full auto wink undecided grin grin

1 Like

Re: African Militaries/ Security Services Strictly Photos Only And Videos Thread by Nobody: 8:17pm On Feb 16, 2017
Namibia
15th Recruit Training Intake during the 100km route march "Exercise Long Walk to Freedom."

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (965) (966) (967) (968) (969) (970) (971) ... (2859) (Reply)

Kenya Is Ahead of Nigeria In All Aspect (Facts Don't Lie)

Viewing this topic: kabe1, kemicalreact and 10 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 56
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.