Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,332 members, 7,943,824 topics. Date: Monday, 09 September 2024 at 04:48 AM

The Preacher's Son!!! - Literature (35) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / The Preacher's Son!!! (510074 Views)

The Preacher's Son III: Diary Of A Player / The Preacher's Son II: The Other Side Of Life!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (154) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by Therock5555(m): 6:45am On Sep 17, 2013
@ritababe and aghagba- make i start now.

I dedicate my next update to both of una.

Typing.....
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by Spactacle(m): 7:15am On Sep 17, 2013
U for no update na,,,,i for just real big uncle make him go drill u:p....mawning........cheesy
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by Therock5555(m): 7:46am On Sep 17, 2013
I peeped inside expecting to see everyone gathered and waiting with huge canes at their front but i was suprised to see only my siblings watching television.

Abi them don change strategy, i tot as i summoned courage and entered.

They all gave me a weird look and i waited for the unexpected to happen but only my sister spoke.

"Uduak, since afternoon that you were sent to the market, is it now you are coming back, just look at the time"

i looked and it was 9pm, i started shievering again as she continued.

"When do you want us to start cooking now before their daddy come back"

As i heard that my parents were not around a huge relief washed over me and so my brain started functioning and i called my sister to one side.

"Abeg, no tell their mummy, na my money loss and i go find am before going to the market" i pleaded.

She looked at me intently and knew that i was lieing but she choosed to play along.

"So what would you give me now"

"Ehm, i raked my brain, i would give you my meat this night".

"Hahaha, you are not serious, i need your one week meat or i expose you"

"One week ke, abeg na, reduce am, abi you want me to die(i thought then that meat was the thing that kept someone tummy full). Ok make i give you two days own abeg"

We kept on negotiating until we agreed on three days meat, we went to the kitchen and prepared the food together, immediately we were through my parents came back and no-one told them a thing because it seemed my sister had informed my siblings that i have paid for my sins so they kept shut.

I was twice lucky and i could not believe it as i dance galala before going to bed that night but one issue remained on my mind which was to go back to that market and check out the ghost.
"We are offering a scholarship programme to all levels and degrees, our coporation helps students who cant afford their school fees"

A young dude kept on speaking that day on the assembly ground as we all listened attentively, i could not believe my ears because i never expected schorlaship in school as we all listened to the man attentively.

My eyes fell to his shoe and i saw that it looked just like a begger's own, i wondered why no-one suspected the guy to be a 419 or so i thought.

My fears were confimed when he told us that we were going to pay the sum of 200 naira that day as the scholarship fee.

Every one agreed so i could do nothing but also beg my parents for the money since big uncle and other teachers approved of the man and the scholarship.

The d-day reached and according to my count am sure that the whole school came to recieve scholarship because it took the school buses about four trips each to take every student to the center ground.

When we arrived there, i could not believe my eyes because the hall used was filled to the brim with students from all manner of schools, it seemed like that dude did a great work of walking round the city of Makurdi.

"Julian, you sure say person go see scholarship with all this students present" but the dude was busy feasting his eyes at the bottom and bossoms of all the fine babes present.

If na you wetin you go do, its not easy na, there were plenty of free panties view present because students were just jonxing around to find seat for them selves.

My heart was pounding as i imagined myself writting exams against all those students available, that means i would get position 3000 out 4500 or so i tot.

But i was wrong, there was no exams, some teachers just came and lecture about some boring stuffs while all the students available sat down in anticipation of their scholarships.

Atlast the lectrues and time for scholarship was announced as everyone started talking at once in relief, i sat down waiting for the miracle that would happen.

We were at the back but i manage to see the front students getting up and forming two lines, whereby they dipped their hands in a basket and very few were asked to stay behind while the rest kept on walking to the end of the table and collected something and went out while the few others waited.

One thing that i noticed on everyone's face that went out was that none of them were smiling again, they just put on a straight face and went outside.

It finally got to my school as we arranged ourselves in line, Julian picked before me and pass me, he gave me a sign to pick two.

My turn reach and i saw that they were carrying pieces of paper folded inside a basket, so na why this boy go say make i pick two, i form better christian for the first time in my life and picked only one paper because i thought that those people at my back would not get if everyone picked two.

I said a silent prayer and opened my paper to see the biggest joke of the centuary written on my paper, i almost stop but they pushed me forward as i walked to the man at the end of the table as he took a short look at my paper and gave me my original gift....

To Be Continued

1 Like

Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by Firstgentleman1(m): 8:06am On Sep 17, 2013
U don start ur suspense dis early morning again. E no pass mk dm giv u biro and book.

1 Like

Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by Mykhel10(m): 8:07am On Sep 17, 2013
Bro i must confess u'r a genius in writing..keep it up
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by Firstgentleman1(m): 8:09am On Sep 17, 2013
Gifteey100: Nawa oo.Ayaf missd diz story lyk quazy....M bck naw shaaaaa.....Una no miss me abi??sad
I miss u lyk kwayzy. Now that you are back, rock will always giv us 5 updates per day.
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by ritababe(f): 8:22am On Sep 17, 2013
@rock
no be only palm wine u go fall put u go fall for inside palm oil. LOL

if i be ur sista i for say give me meat for 2 weeks or forget....

More update please,

*IN OLIVER'S VOICE*
I NEED SOME MORE
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by Spactacle(m): 8:28am On Sep 17, 2013
Rock gift was a 2A exercise book....lols:p keep it up bro.and more MB to ya fone
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by Clemzy16(m): 9:02am On Sep 17, 2013
your original gift will be no gift i guess.

waiting for the next update.
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by lekinz(m): 9:34am On Sep 17, 2013
hmmmmm.......am waiting ooooo
in Patrick Obahiagbon voice.....The vidoletionaltical of ur biggitious write up is contifigirated ,so just stynomicate the stihunastific write up so it will be bobongirical
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by Therock5555(m): 10:04am On Sep 17, 2013
@Firstgentleman- suspense uh, but u are wrong with ur guess.

Concerning gitfteey and 5 updates, i think u are dreaming, na my former 1st lady be that sha but u knw say 5 too much for 1 day na.

Na only captain sinzu make me do am.

@mhykel- thanks 4 donating me a genius title

@ritababe- i thank God say u no be my sista i for don die.

If u say u want more ama give u more.

@spatacle- 2A book, u sef dey wrong, i wish i got that sha.

@clemzy-ur guess is also wrong.

@lekinz- i dey feel ya grammar.

It seems am alittle bit free today, so make i begin pour una updates.

Typing.....
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by Yettocome(m): 11:22am On Sep 17, 2013
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by captainsinzu(m): 11:25am On Sep 17, 2013
grin ;DI jst da chew ma chewstick since mawnin da wait...rock I stil da ur back..jst no wan tok since
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by Therock5555(m): 11:56am On Sep 17, 2013
I picked only one paper because i looked at the number of students still awaiting their turn and so i choose to do the right thing and picked only one.

I could hear people hissing at my front so i said a short prayer and opened my own to see two words written on my paper.

I could not belive that i spent 200naira to get this item, i aslmost stood there but someone from back tap me to keep moving forward.

I dragged my feet and a man looked at my paper and told me to keep on walking till i get to the man at the end and collect my gift.

As he mentioned gift i almost spat in his face but i controled myself and walked ahead to the man at the end who shook my hands and told me congratulations before giving me my so-called gift.

I walked miserably to the school bus and i saw Julian beaming wildly at me.

"Guy, wetin you get na"

I just left him and went to an empty seat, he followed me while laughing hard.

I looked around and almost every one had long faces, so i asked Julian what he got.

"You see i told you to pick two, maybe one is going to be better than the other you no gree, my first one no good but my second one i get mathset" he said while waving his mathset in front of my eyes.

I regretted not following his advice as i dipped my hands in my pocket and brought out the two sweets i won as my scholarship while he busted into laughter as i joined him.

"If say i know, i for just use my money buy 200naira sweet but now this 419ners come dash me two sweets say na scholarship things".

Almost everyone got either two sweets or a mathset it was just a few students who the sum of 2000naira were written on their piece of papers.

Everyone were grumbling, i wondered how common 2000naira would train someon to university.

We were insulting everything we could lay our thoughts on, we insulted big uncle for encouraging the 419 in his school maybe he was in on it sha

We blamed that fuccking 419 that dupe us of our money, we blamed ourselves for wasting our time, resources and energy because of two sweets.

We started singing 200, two sweets, till we all got to the school and dispersed home in anger.

I went and fell on my bed without talking to anybody untill a friend of mine came and told them what happened, when i woke up and opened my door eveyone started shouting 200-2 sweets as they laughed and jeered at me as my scholarship dream came to a halt, i threw for them the sweets and left the house.

No its time to face that ghost in northbank market that scared my pants off.

I walked till i got to those my twin wives shop, when they sighted me they left their food and came rushing at me with their soup hands, i bent and dodged while running for my life and shirt in order not to be stained again.

I went to the market and walked to the exact spot i slept, and i saw that the white object i saw was a woman's shop doors which were painted white.

I laughed at my foolishness and started going home when somebody called my name, i turned to see my economics teacher calling me.

The same man that loved shooting huge balls of saliva from his mouth while teaching was selling foodstuffs in market.

So this man na real economist sef, thats good sha, i walked to him and greeted him.

"How are you my boy" he said as one gland of saliva landed on my forehead.

"Am fine sir" i said with a clenched mouth to avoid any allowances from entering my mouth.

He kept on advicing me and stoning me different layers of saliva on my face.

When he was through with all his advice, my face looked like a little child had drawn saliva all over my face, i ran and bought a sachet of pure water which i used to wash my face.

I promised myself not to ever try to cross the man's path again except i want another baptism on my fine face.

I walked home as my two forcible wives chased me home, i went and sleep in preparation of my upcoming handball match the next day.

For the first time ever i dreamt a nice dream that i was playing for manchester united when i came face to face with didier Drobga, who played an acute shot to the top coner of the goal post.

I dived for the ball as my head crashed into the top coner of the post and i woke up with a heavy head.

Sh:t, i had hit my head on my room wall while diving for drobga's shot, i winched and pressed the place before going back to sleep.

To Be Continued....

3 Likes

Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by Therock5555(m): 12:05pm On Sep 17, 2013
Make i continue anoda update jare...
So that i go rest before evening.

Typing tinz....
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by Aleeyouchalawa(m): 1:03pm On Sep 17, 2013
Sure dis dude is doin gr8 job here
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by Karevwite: 1:11pm On Sep 17, 2013
Aleeyouchalawa: Sure dis dude is doin gr8 job here
ys o...d gui is 2daful
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by Karevwite: 1:34pm On Sep 17, 2013
Aleeyouchalawa: Sure dis dude is doin gr8 job here
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by Spactacle(m): 1:55pm On Sep 17, 2013
Ure really trying ROCK... Am patiently waiting for ur update,,,kudos cool
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by lekinz(m): 2:34pm On Sep 17, 2013
in Patrick Obahiagbon's voice...well the story line was syntichinaditionalistic but it was deonafitritional sha.....u re tuladitionshijutical

1 Like

Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by wisdomw(m): 2:52pm On Sep 17, 2013
Nice wok. Guy share me on 2go wit ur sister

Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by ninja4life(m): 3:14pm On Sep 17, 2013
Lmao na white door make u run like mad ok o
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by Skykid1208(m): 5:15pm On Sep 17, 2013
Nice one bro,but we wan't more
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by BRAINZBox(m): 5:29pm On Sep 17, 2013
Guy...#200...For two sweets...Dis ur story dn mak me replace ma rib cage over nd over again....Nice post man..bt u dn repent sha?
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by Therock5555(m): 6:49pm On Sep 17, 2013
I be wan update since, na my MB just run down.

Ok am back nowcheesy
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by Therock5555(m): 6:55pm On Sep 17, 2013
@Captain sinzu- u scarce bro.

@lekinz- na wetin this patrick do u na, *draws him away and wispers to his ears* abi him come toast ya sister.

@wisdom-w- when we meet for 2go, we go know.

@ninja4life- naso i see am o

@skykid-more is coming up

@brainz-box- abeg laf sofri o

update coming up....
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by funnysaint(m): 7:01pm On Sep 17, 2013
*JUST HAPPY*
well done the rock, true to ur name u rock. being Reading ur escapes since the past week i came across it & finally i catch up.
*time to comment*
ur story is over interesting and i can't do with out reading it despite my busy time. more brain to ur brain. keep it up, its trilling, captivating and suspence filled. i hail u
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by Nobody: 7:38pm On Sep 17, 2013
You are doin greatly boss!
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by seuncyber(m): 7:39pm On Sep 17, 2013
Hello
How is ur day going
Well I will like to inform you that u have a nice story here.
What I like is the way u write and the point,and the suspend,which is good and I will like to let u no that lot of kids are reading your story so try to add more educative flows in it,u are a good writter,but I just want u to no u have much bleep in ur flow,which will make u sell well,but not that much,I will be happy if u make it 100percent fun just like FLOW

Keep the good work going star is the limit for u

Good work from u
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by slimfredo(m): 7:54pm On Sep 17, 2013
the rock am sure u dont know dat for the past 2days av been busy reading dis ur story in my work place without concentrating on any work, am sure if my old boy still dey around him for giv me suspension now cos am so glue to my tab and barely look at d reports presented to me dis two days so leme go study my office report now ooo b4 wahala go dey for week end wen i go toe to toe with my old boy ooo...... but u are naratively enclined beleave me.... i feel u my boi... !!!
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by Karevwite: 8:12pm On Sep 17, 2013
seuncyber: Hello
How is ur day going
Well I will like to inform you that u have a nice story here.
What I like is the way u write and the point,and the suspend,which is good and I will like to let u no that lot of kids are reading your story so try to add more educative flows in it,u are a good writter,but I just want u to no u have much bleep in ur flow,which will make u sell well,but not that much,I will be happy if u make it 100percent fun just like FLOW

Keep the good work going star is the limit for u

Good work from u
al gud n wel u ve given him a gud encouragement...bt 4 d part of flow leave dt out lt rock be himslf...he's doin a gr8 job
Re: The Preacher's Son!!! by Therock5555(m): 8:21pm On Sep 17, 2013
I woke up early the next morning because we the players were asked to come early for a final training section.

I jogged to school until my principal stopped behind me and took me to school in his car.

"So you were the one that made teachers not to win the students in handball at the start of the term eh" he beamed with smile while talking.

I just smiled and noded my head as he looked at me with pride in his eyes and he asked to make the school proud, i just continue nodding my head like an Agama lizard while saying thank you sir.

We arrived at school as i thanked him and jumped down to join my teammates who were jogging pass us.

We jogged round the school twice before performing a light passing section as they shot at me in the post.

When the whole school finally came, some students were asked to come with us as supporters club, while some teachers followed us.

Joy also came as a supporter, she use the influence of her brothers to join us and she sat with me in the school bus while holding my hands and reassuring me to make them win.

She was saying some senseless talk so i turned to our reserve goal keeper and started gisting with him while she grudginly sat quiet.

We landed at the handball court of Aper Aku stadium and alighted from the bus, i sighted our opponents and my blood frooze.

I could not believe my eyes and i asked Joy brother wether it was our opponents or it was their trainers abi teachers.

"Na they boys o, they are professionals, abi you don dey fear"

Joy brother asked me while laughing while i shook my head but deep within me i was already looking at how my hands would be red with hot shots.

After we settled down and wore our jerseys we went into the handball court and shook hands with the opposition teams.

Their handshakes were enough to squeeze the blood out of my hands so i wondered how their shots would feel like.

Their main attacker shook my hands vigrously almost pulling it from the joint socket and he drew near and wisphered to me.

"Guy you don die".

He said with a baritone voice which shook me to my marrows, i walked misreably to my goal post as his words kept running through my mind.

"Uduak you don die, oya run or you die" voices kept running through my head as i blocked it out and did what i learnt in primary school.

Whenever we were asked to stay in the post and we knew that hot shots would be fired against us, we would apply saliva on our palms and rub it, i dont know if that works but we believe in it sha.

I did the same thing as the game started and my team began passing among themselves, suddenly one of them lost the ball and the opposition attacker collected the ball and unleashed a ferucious shot at me after coming near the posts but i kept it out with my legs and the babes or supporters hailed me own.

The dude that almost killed me with his shot just nodded his head at me which meant, oboy, this na just the beginning.

Shots after shots kept coming to my direction because those boys were just too much for our school team to handle.

The whole of my body was tweaking in pains but i proudly covered the pains up because i did not want to look weak after all the praise i was recieving.

The score line stood at 10 goals to my school team to 7 goals to the opposition, which made them more furious as shot after shots kept all path of my body busy.

I threw a ball to the last defender after i caught a hot shot but the boy was too slow.

He dropped the ball which the main attacker of the opposition team ran face to face to my direction.

I was practically shaking because before there was always a defender that guarded him to reduce the velocity of the shot on me but there was non now, it was between me and him.

One part of my mind was screaming 'run, run, run' but i composed myself and waited for the end to come or so i thought.

The dude raised his hands to stone me a hot shot so i closed my eyes to quicken the end process but nothing came.

"Nawao, so heaven sweet and quiet like this" i thought and opened my eyes.

The dude was still waiting for me as he thunder boted a hot shot to my midsection which i used my hands to block it.

The intense pain made me scream as i looked at my fingers which just got broken abi sprain, i did not know.

I signalled to be replaced as the other goalie warmed up and replaced me.

I cursed the fuccking dude who was busy smiling at me for a good job well done.

I went to the bench while holding my fingers and Joy came to console me, she gave a dry joke and i laughed.

"I have a suprise for you"

"Whats it" i asked suprised.

"Do you know that there is toilet around this place"

"So wetin come concern me with toilet now"

"Come and see na"

"Uncle, i want to go and wash our goalkeeper hand", she said as she dragged me up.

"But my hand is not dirty na, what are we going to do there".

"I think that you were jealous when sakar touched my chest eh, oya now is your turn"

I understand and i did gan gan in my mind....... Action time.

2 Likes 1 Share

(1) (2) (3) ... (32) (33) (34) (35) (36) (37) (38) ... (154) (Reply)

Literature/Writing Section's "Chat Central!" / Letting Go By Audrey Timms / Man Wey Dey Reason

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 119
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.