Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,883 members, 7,872,903 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 03:46 AM

An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria (40106 Views)

See What An Indian Expatriate Wrote About Nigeria / Nigeria Decides: Presidential Elections Prediction With Indepth Analysis. / Real Cost Of Fuel - An Indepth Analysis (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by Nobody: 7:59pm On Aug 24, 2013
[b]I am doing everything in my power to get that permanent residency in Australia. Even Jesus didnt stay in Nazareth all his life. Neither did Mohammed die in Mekkah where he was born. My boss, the owner of the real estate firm where I work the other time doing some sick analysis, was advising his UK investors not to build any more properties since its too expensive, but to invest in Mortuaries and cementaries...he claimed death is the cheapest thing in Nigeria nowadays undecided undecided undecided. And he said it would get worse, with over 80 million youth in Primary, Secondary, and Uni with Zilch and absolutely nothing they'd be graduating to handle. Jesus! Is Nigeria even a phucken country!!! I went to for my construction management in the uni Bremen, and you wont believe, the incredible things I learn. Their is something for everyone. Most of those who could have been criminals are into sports (football, wrestling, boxing, hockey, rugby, soccer, tennis, swimming, name it), and here in Nigeria, there is nothing even for the brightest mind! Imagine, a LG chairman telling my boss he'd pocket 60% of the total amount budgeted for a drainage in Lekki, and urging my boss ..."...just do whatever you feel like, as long as it looks like a drainage....". I mean, the guy is gonna keep 60% for crying out loud, and the basturd lives just down the same lane the drainage would pass. And you come here, you see people saying OBJ was good. GEJ is the best. And I just want to pull out my hair reading all this miscreants especially one jerka$ called SincerelyNaria-Hustler! Mein Gotte!!!! And the only sh1t we know how to do is here just talk! I HATE This country!!!!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry
For phuck sake, why did God make me a DAMN Nigerian angry angry angry angry angry embarassed[/b]

3 Likes

Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by tosin2013: 11:22am On Aug 25, 2013
yemi313: [b]I am doing everything in my power to get that permanent residency in Australia. Even Jesus didnt stay in Nazareth all his life. Neither did Mohammed die in Mekkah where he was born. My bo[quote author=yemi313][b]I am doing everything in my power to get that permanent residency in Australia. Even Jesus didnt stay in Nazareth all his life. Neither did Mohammed die in Mekkah where he was born. My boss, the owner of the real estate firm where I work the other time doing some sick analysis, was advising his UK investors not to build any more properties since its too expensive, but to invest in Mortuaries and cementaries...he claimed death is the cheapest thing in Nigeria nowadays undecided undecided undecided. And he said it would get worse, with over 80 million youth in Primary, Secondary, and Uni with Zilch and absolutely nothing they'd be graduating to handle. Jesus! Is Nigeria even a phucken country!!! I went to for my construction management in the uni Bremen, and you wont believe, the incredible things I learn. Their is something for everyone. Most of those who could have been criminals are into sports (football, wrestling, boxing, hockey, rugby, soccer, tennis, swimming, name it), and here in Nigeria, there is nothing even for the brightest mind! Imagine, a LG chairman telling my boss he'd pocket 60% of the total amount budgeted for a drainage in Lekki, and urging my boss ..."...just do whatever you feel like, as long as it looks like a drainage....". I mean, the guy is gonna keep 60% for crying out loud, and the basturd lives just down the same lane the drainage would pass. And you come here, you see people saying OBJ was good. GEJ is the best. And I just want to pull out my hair reading all this miscreants especially one jerka$ called SincerelyNaria-Hustler! Mein Gotte!!!! And the only sh1t we know how to do is here just talk! I HATE This country!!!!!! angry angry angry angry angry angry
For phuck sake, why did God make me a DAMN Nigerian angry angry angry angry angry embarassed[/b]

Woo! Guy slow down! Naija is far from being d worst country in d world. As individuals we all want better living standards and leaving nigeria may yet not be d only means to achieve it.

See there is only one thing worse than corruption! It is d gradually incr hopelessness in d country!!!!!
Yes hopelessness arisen from d timidity n temerity of doing what needs to b done.

We want a beta naija but we all waiting for a messianic fellow to suddenly b president n transform nigeria. Was dis not d sentiment in voting gej?

Let's stop cutting corners in all affairs! D country needs transformation from down up! Everywhere in d world politicians will always be politicians.

In nigeria d people needs to start being THE PEOPLE!!!

1 Like

Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by chessguru1(m): 2:24pm On Aug 25, 2013
1st and foremost, many nigerians won't bother reading this even if their lives depended on it because it is too long.
2ndly, all nigerians are corrupt. The only determine factors are opportunity, situation, and God!
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by Bizibi(m): 2:25pm On Aug 25, 2013
All what he said is true no need saying this or that,the mentality of get rich quick by all means is affecting this country badly,we dont need to lie to ourselves all wht he said is true and bitter

1 Like

Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by Infoay: 2:27pm On Aug 25, 2013
Nigeria! Nigeria!! Nigeria!!!
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by collynzo2(m): 2:32pm On Aug 25, 2013
The only wrong thing about that article was the author suggesting a miltary government would have been better. He should have been in Nigeria in 1997

1 Like

Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by Dee60: 2:39pm On Aug 25, 2013
Let us pray.

We need leaders that will truly fight this greatest menace of our country: Corruption.

Left for the current crop of politicians, they will rather continue to promote it!

Our fate is in the hands of God. Please LORD, change our hearts and change our leaders.

To all true Nigerians, time is ripe for us to embrace change.

We cannot continue this way.
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by kstyle2(m): 2:41pm On Aug 25, 2013
@op r u sure d expatrait is nt a nigerian?d dude seems 2 knw all our problems 2 well...i weep in anccient greek...our biggest problem is nw nepotism...not corruption?wait o...y wud som1 sabotae pwr supplu meant 4 ova 160millin pple jst 2 enrich his bald headed family?well as 4 me,i promise 2 shun corruption n do wat is ryt...e go beta#sun 2 hot no mean say fowl go lay boiled egg
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by Dee60: 2:46pm On Aug 25, 2013
trillville:

Madam 99 cents, do you realize that Nigeria practically does not have a working judiciary, and that 99% of our judges are corrupt and 99% of our police men are corrupt.

Who do you expect to start enforcing laws?

Our youths have already been brainwashed into believing that only fools do not steal money, so what is the hope for the future?

The writer clearly started that the problem is that there are much more dick headed nigerians than well meaning ones so how should the minority go about convincing the majority that their actions are foolish and shortsighted?

Madam, Can you imagine a sitting president hosting an ex-convicts welcome home party and then announcing that the ex-convict is his campaign manager for the south west and yet the president still goes ahead to win the election based on popular vote?

This same president said on national TV that he does not give a damn about corruption and yet he may still win the next election.

This is the state of crisis we living in.

You are correct. But let us not despair. We have to stay in prayer and fight till we attain victory.

A bit of the history of the great nations that we have today showed they truly had to fight at some point.

We have a chance with the elections. We must now wake up and vote out corrupt leaders. In my own opnion the current crop at the centre appears the most corrupt that nigeria has ever seen. Abuja is filled with morally bankrupt and heavily immoral people.

The Oil ministry today is the epicentre of corruption. So also the people the people they are serving!

1 Like

Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by Bizibi(m): 2:49pm On Aug 25, 2013
ono:

I have said this before, and I will say it again: I am coming back for my country - and I will ruthlessly purge that country of EVERYTHING corruption - so help me God! I have travelled round the world and have seen how organized things can be. I am going to do all in my powers to make certain that we get that needed change to move forward as a nation.

Blood will flow. Many fat cats will die and they should be ready. Ono will not/never be gentle with corruption. Watch out for me guys.
i just hope you will be wise to handle the disappointment,the nigeria u see now can be solved with the same corruption to develop and it will reduce drastically over the yrs,the corruption in nigeria has gone down to shoe maker and tailor(lower class in the society) if u want to do anything for your country think of development first b4 u handle corruption,nigeria situation now is beyond corruption oxford dictionary will have to give it a name

1 Like

Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:50pm On Aug 25, 2013
ono:

I have said this before, and I will say it again: I am coming back for my country - and I will ruthlessly purge that country of EVERYTHING corruption - so help me God! I have travelled round the world and have seen how organized things can be. I am going to do all in my powers to make certain that we get that needed change to move forward as a nation.

Blood will flow. Many fat cats will die and they should be ready. Ono will not/never be gentle with corruption. Watch out for me guys.

Story story my dear friend. Thousands have said the same and as soon as that six figure job comes around, out goes the chest beating. What have you done starting from primary school to indicate you will change the country? People who have changed civilizations/countries did not just start "one day" after they graduated from school. It was in them from the start. THey did things right from when they were young and it grew on them. So my question to you is what have you done to indicate you will really change anything if/when you do go back?

If we count the number of times Nigerians have made your claim, we will be the richest and most developed nation in the world. Please don't come here telling me you will be different. I need examples of what you have done that will tell me you mean business. Avoiding to take the short-cut in that retail store in h-town doesn't count either. Refusing that bribe doesn't count either.
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by TheRealMrStan(m): 2:52pm On Aug 25, 2013
[size=14pt]Only in Nigeria where a frustrated expatriate that failed in exploiting our economy writes up a whole lot of jargons and some dumb self-hating Nigerians start concurring.

Why don't you all read what another foreigner from FORBES MAGAZINE had to say about Nigeria just days ago:[/size]
http://www.forbes.com/sites/hilarykramer/2013/08/21/nigeria-beckons-investors-fleeing-the-bric/
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by Nobody: 2:52pm On Aug 25, 2013

3 Likes

Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by Areaboy2(m): 2:53pm On Aug 25, 2013
Dee60: Let us pray.

We need leaders that will truly fight this greatest menace of our country: Corruption.

Left for the current crop of politicians, they will rather continue to promote it!

Our fate is in the hands of God. Please LORD, change our hearts and change our leaders.

To all true Nigerians, time is ripe for us to embrace change.

We cannot continue this way.

im guessing you didnt read the entire post. Everyday we all sit and say god will help us god will help us. I've never heard anytime in history where god actually came down to help anybody.

If we dont wake up and sort our problems out ourselves, our country will only get worse. Painful but true, Nigeria in its present form is a practical joke undecided
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by Areaboy2(m): 2:56pm On Aug 25, 2013
TheRealMrStan: [size=14pt]Only in Nigeria where a frustrated expatriate that failed in exploiting our economy writes up a whole lot of jargons and some dumb self-hating Nigerians start concurring.

Why don't you all read what another foreigner from FORBES MAGAZINE had to say about Nigeria just days ago:[/size]
http://www.forbes.com/sites/hilarykramer/2013/08/21/nigeria-beckons-investors-fleeing-the-bric/

will read the your link in a minute. Meanwhile, are you actually trying to tell me that everything that guy posted is not true

be honest to yourself my friend (thats actually part of the problem he pointed out; general and self honesty is lacking in every aspect of our society)

The first step to actually solving a problem is the admittance of such problem existing undecided

1 Like

Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by Bizibi(m): 2:57pm On Aug 25, 2013
collynzo2: The only wrong thing about that article was the author suggesting a miltary government would have been better. He should have been in Nigeria in 1997
even 1997 was not as bad as wht we are facing now,thn 50 naira was something u can hold and get something to eat for lunch,yes abacha was a terrible dictator but any time i remember the living conditionsin nigeria at time compared to now i just shake my head in pity,democracy in nigeria now means freedom to take whatever u can lay ur hands on not minding if people are watching,
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by SisiKill1: 2:58pm On Aug 25, 2013
esere826:

smiley great
almost sounds as messiahnic as Samson's tampering of the pillars and getting rid of a section of the Phillistinian elites

...the only problem like the oyinbo man suggested is that the next 100 legislators plus, might continue from where their elders stopped

Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!!! cheesy cheesy

Brilliant!

1 Like

Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by ceejayluv(m): 3:00pm On Aug 25, 2013
Rossikk:

Thank you. So because we have not turned to Japan or Germany, it means we've made no progress? For your information on many things you mentioned we have improved, such as infant mortality rates, poverty rates, and even access to clean drinking water. Evidence:

http://www.unicef.org/infobycountry/nigeria_statistics.html

Even the World Bank the other day admitted that poverty was reducing in Nigeria. What about the roads and rail? What about communications? Was it not under the military that all the infrastructure crumbled, something we're now fixing to great acclaim by Nigerians? Will your foreign visitor/writer know any of this? Afterall he just pops in and out and can write anything.

What rails?? Have we embarked on any major rail project since after independence?
Do we have the most basic of subway or high speed rail lines?
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by Nobody: 3:02pm On Aug 25, 2013
Nna men see dictionary.
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by ono(m): 3:02pm On Aug 25, 2013
A-town:

Story story my dear friend. Thousands have said the same and as soon as that six figure job comes around, out goes the chest beating. What have you done starting from primary school to indicate you will change the country? People who have changed civilizations/countries did not just start "one day" after they graduated from school. It was in them from the start. THey did things right from when they were young and it grew on them. So my question to you is what have you done to indicate you will really change anything if/when you do go back?

If we count the number of times Nigerians have made your claim, we will be the richest and most developed nation in the world. Please don't come here telling me you will be different. I need examples of what you have done that will tell me you mean business. Avoiding to take the short-cut in that retail store in h-town doesn't count either. Refusing that bribe doesn't count either.

Alright. Perhaps, you want to tell me what it will take to change Nigeria. I don't claim I alone can or will do it in one day. If you read my previous posts, you will see where I stated that these things will not be done with 100% perfection...and it takes time.

I take utmost pain to make sure there's nothing corrupt in everything I do. I like probity, accountability and the rule of law. This has always been in me right from my childhood days.....some of the characteristics that stood me out among the lot in Primary 6, which led to my being made the senior boy of my school at that time.
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by Bizibi(m): 3:04pm On Aug 25, 2013
TheRealMrStan: [size=14pt]Only in Nigeria where a frustrated expatriate that failed in exploiting our economy writes up a whole lot of jargons and some dumb self-hating Nigerians start concurring.

and u believe that,we here arent feeling any impact maybe u are nt in nigeria now,we need to feel b4 we believe such news
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by IKdImpeccable(m): 3:04pm On Aug 25, 2013
Wot a description. Nija, i hail thee!
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by ono(m): 3:06pm On Aug 25, 2013
Sisi_Kill:
Bwahahahahahahahaha!!!!! cheesy cheesy

Brilliant!

So what's funny? This is serious business o......we're in a sinking ship. We should be posting solutions o...
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by SisiKill1: 3:06pm On Aug 25, 2013
Katsumoto: The only folks who don't agree with the article are those who believe that life is good simply because they are in a very small group of Nigerians who are doing well. They believe that Nigeria is great or improving because they can get on the net, travel to places outside Nigeria, watch F1 races in Dubai, drive the best cars the world has to offer, drink 500k worth of champagne on Friday and 600k Hennessy on Saturday. All the while forgetting that there are millions who are worse of today than when OBJ started his civilian tenure. I remember going to a bar on the Island with friends a few years back and Linkin Park was playing in the background. I commented happily a bar in Lagos was playing Rock music and this chap took me up on my comment. Proudly boasting about how the latest global hits were in Naija even before places the UK. The idiot couldn't boast about the first class education, infrastructure, development, etc that should have been in Nigeria.

The level of injustice and extreme frustration in Nigeria is unprecedented anywhere else given the resources of the country.
God Bless you!!!!!
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by Chuksgeo: 3:08pm On Aug 25, 2013
This British 'expat' really understood the Nigeria situation, I give him 95% for his analysis, dont event think many analysts would have done better.I like the part that says that Nigerians are RELIGIOUS and yet UNGODLY!

2 Likes

Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by elohorayodele: 3:08pm On Aug 25, 2013
HotNaijaBabe: I had to drop my lunch when I came across this thread. And after reading, I had to hide my tears a few times cos I don't want to appear crazy.
The HOPELESSNESS of this whole NIGERIA-situation breaks my spirit over and over again..
What exactly do these Hopelessly-rich percentage of our society think about when they amass such wealth...Hey!!!!! Where Do We Go From Here? To the Embassies, to run AWAY from it all?

You cud nt av hit d nail on d head beta. Dats y wen u go to MMIA u see a large crowd of pple relocatin perm from naija, wit plenty family members sendin dem of wit d look of relief in dier eyes. Many dat r given jst visitin visas r advised neva to cm bk but sort demselves. Nothin wok well, progress is so slow, rate of decay is fasta dan d rate of improvement of infrastructure. In yrs to cm d xpatriate nigeria pop wil b larger dan d resident nigeria populatn.

1 Like

Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by Nnamdini(m): 3:12pm On Aug 25, 2013
The key factor in what the writer pointed out was that even if you change a nigerian to another in a position of authority you will get d same result.that is very true.corruption has eaten deep into the nigerian system.its everywhere
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by druid06(m): 3:13pm On Aug 25, 2013
Nigerians were morally inclined and disciplined till a military dictator decided to flood the country with oil money. That was the beginning of the end for Nigeria. There's no solution even if we embark on a revolution. Reason why I say so is because if we wipe out the corrupt leaders and bring in new leaders from the grassroot, once they get that taste of power, it would become abused. They themselves would become corrupt or even worse. The only plausible solution is if we were colonized again or all our affairs and governing should be done by the western world.. Just saying.
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by elohorayodele: 3:13pm On Aug 25, 2013
Evry sunday chuches are filled, on friday mosques r too. Durin d wk there r all types of activties for both religions bt wickedness n corruption r increasin cos new n sharper ways r bin devised evday. Wen pple call on sunday de ask 'hop u go chuch'? Lolsss, we pretend to b more religious dan d pple who exported both faiths to us sef. Don't get it twisted, am a xtian n its gd to go to chuch
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by bee444: 3:17pm On Aug 25, 2013
I would at any time accept any write-up from any country, but not the British punkers. They should be the least country commenting on any thing Nigeria.

They are bias, media-crazy and corrupt. They cook-up stories and hide their country's fault. More to say about these self-service*rs, but that would be in another topic.
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by MsSantaClaus(f): 3:17pm On Aug 25, 2013
Rossikk: A lot of what the guy says is wrong, such as that peoples' lives have not improved since the military, and that democracy has delivered no dividends etc etc. Typical shallow analysis by a person who's never lived in Nigeria, but is just a visitor who now thinks he knows everything.

Really? Ok please give us an analysis of what has improved, and I'm not talking about ikoyi, surulere, I'm talking about the lot of the masses!
Re: An Expatriate's Indepth Analysis Of Corruption In Nigeria by TheRealMrStan(m): 3:19pm On Aug 25, 2013
Area_boy:

will read the your link in a minute. Meanwhile, are you actually trying to tell me that everything that guy posted is not true

be honest to yourself my friend (thats actually part of the problem he pointed out; general and self honesty is lacking in every aspect of our society)

The first step to actually solving a problem is the admittance of such problem existing undecided

[size=14pt]My brother,what is 'the truth' about corruption in Nigeria that you can't find in any other country of the world? In the west,when you get an already paid for service from a luxurious hotel waiter,most of them indirectly ask you for a tip,is that corruption too?

Or I decide to ask my local chief for a favour and i bring a bottle of schnapps or wine with me as a gift, am i corrupt too?

Nigeria has serious corruption issues,no doubt but let us 'Nigerians' be the ones to define what is and what isn't-not a frustrated white dude.

Americans lied to the world about Saddam Hussien possessing weapons of mass destruction,we all know they lied about it,but are the Americans still beating themselves up over that grand deceit? Why do Nigerians then take pleasure in beating themselves up over issues that we've since acknowledged and are indeed tackling-in some areas at least?

My own opinion anyways.[/size]

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (15) (Reply)

Buhari And Osinbajo Wearing Caps In Support Of 'Change Begins With Me' / Photos As Rochas Okorocha Is Sworn In As Senator / Dino Melaye Flaunts His Car In Russia, Says My Passion Is My Personal Property

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 69
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.