Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,177,418 members, 7,901,171 topics. Date: Friday, 26 July 2024 at 04:07 AM

I Will Vote For Jonathan In 2015. What About You? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / I Will Vote For Jonathan In 2015. What About You? (5190 Views)

Why I Will Vote for GEJ / Mrs. Buhari Will Vote For Jonathan - Obasi / A Picture Of President Jonathan In His Office (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

I Will Vote For Jonathan In 2015. What About You? by Afam4eva(m): 9:04pm On Aug 24, 2013
I won't delude myself thinking that Jonathan is the best thing to have happened to Nigeria. Far from it. I actually think a lot of unpalatable episodes have taken place during his tenure as president as he started off as someone who found himself in a a position that he didn't seem to have planned for and the odds seemed to against him and still is against. I have been one of his critics even though at some point before the 2011 elections, i remember opening a thread on this forum asking people to give him a chance by voting him in since he was the incumbent by the virtue that his boss died, even though i ended up not practicing what i preached at the time as my vote went to Buhari instead because i bought the whole "Man of Integrity" title placed on Buhari by a lot of people. Now back to jonathan. I still think he has a lot to do as he has barely started because his tenure has been marred by negative episodes like i alluded earlier and the most important factor that has militated against his person is the bokoharam sect that has given insecurity a new name. Despite all this and having examined Jonathan's performance from a selfish perspective, i think i will or may give him my vote in 2015 and i have my reasons.

My major reason is based on the fact that for the first time in a very long time, where i come from which happens to be the SE has received a lot of attention that it has not received in over 40 years since the civil war ended. We've had leaders both in military and civilian uniforms who have come and gone and have neglected the South-East and usually are unapologetic about it. That has given rise to the clamor by people from that region for a president of South-Eastern origin or Igbo origin. This clamor has gone on for so long that different Igbo groups have had to forfeit the presidency to one region or the other. Now, when Jonathan came on board, even though not an Igbo man, he seemed the closes thing to an Igbo man since Aguiyi Ironsi and a lot of Igbo leaders rallied behind him even leaders from opposition parties were solidly behind him because they felt this is a man that could help the quest for their region to be recognized as a part of the federation and Jonathan capitalized on this by even accentuating his Igbo sounding name(Ebele) and even added Azikiwe to his name and this even endeared him to even more emotional people from that region. Anyways, he campaigned in that region and promised a lot of things that a lot of Igbos could relate to and they gave him their support and the votes he got from the election especially from the SE spoke volume. Now, fast-forward a few years later, a lot of the promises he made to the SE and Igbos are beginning to manifest and i was happy when today the first commercial international airline landed at the Akanu Ibiam International Airport in Enugu amidst cheers from the locals who before JOnathan never believed that something like this could happen in their lifetime. The long and the short of the story is that, as an Igbo man, i will vote for anyone who i can relate with directly. I have always clamored for the government to pay attention to the east and i'm ready to support just about anybody that can do that and i think Jonathan has partially succeeded in doing that and he has promised to do more. My decision also stems from the fact that the kind of leaders and political movements that have been emerging does mot seem like the alternative that i want. That's why at the point i'll say "The devil you know is better than the Angel you don't know" and come 2015, i will vote for Jonathan as the president of the Federal Republic of Nigeria unless something happens but until then.

17 Likes

Re: I Will Vote For Jonathan In 2015. What About You? by Obinnau(m): 9:07pm On Aug 24, 2013
am not so sure
Re: I Will Vote For Jonathan In 2015. What About You? by PaulJohn1: 9:12pm On Aug 24, 2013
So?

If you like vote if you like no vote, person wey go win go win.
So far my governor dey do well, to hell with the presidency.

3 Likes

Re: I Will Vote For Jonathan In 2015. What About You? by otokx(m): 9:14pm On Aug 24, 2013
2015 is still some way off so lets all be patient.
Re: I Will Vote For Jonathan In 2015. What About You? by Nobody: 9:14pm On Aug 24, 2013
I'm also voting for Jonathan
Re: I Will Vote For Jonathan In 2015. What About You? by PrinceB1(m): 9:16pm On Aug 24, 2013
Me and my Family will Vote Jonathan come 2015

2 Likes

Re: I Will Vote For Jonathan In 2015. What About You? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:16pm On Aug 24, 2013
Altruth, I won't make my vote a waste like 2011.

1 Like

Re: I Will Vote For Jonathan In 2015. What About You? by RedMullet: 9:17pm On Aug 24, 2013
I hope you won't use your postion as a mod with this your publicly declare stand to harass those of us with opposing views...

2 Likes

Re: I Will Vote For Jonathan In 2015. What About You? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Aug 24, 2013
@Afam

It is a known fact Jonathan is the person your are voting for in 2015.

We are aware where your allegiance lies from day one.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Vote For Jonathan In 2015. What About You? by Nobody: 9:18pm On Aug 24, 2013
Red_Mullet: I hope you won't use your postion as a mod with this your publicly declare stand to harass those of us with opposing views...

You must be new here. He hs been doing his biases for a long time.

3 Likes

Re: I Will Vote For Jonathan In 2015. What About You? by CaptJHMiller: 9:20pm On Aug 24, 2013
Just watch this thread hit FP..
While... lipsrsealed lipsrsealed
Re: I Will Vote For Jonathan In 2015. What About You? by RedMullet: 9:21pm On Aug 24, 2013
This your stand is a legitimate call for some of us to call for your removal as a mod....

It's legitimate to conclude that there is no way you will treat people that are against GEJ objectively as a mod.

You should resign forthwith if you still have a shred of honor in you...

10 Likes

Re: I Will Vote For Jonathan In 2015. What About You? by Peinstein: 9:25pm On Aug 24, 2013
This is where Nigerian politicians are smart, they make big promises before election, if they win they use the first few years to play around, under the guise of correcting what previous administrations destroyed. When election time for the 2nd term comes they start fulfilling some promises so as to curry the favor of the masses. If they win, then back to square 1, the ugly mediocritic cycle continues.
Re: I Will Vote For Jonathan In 2015. What About You? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:26pm On Aug 24, 2013
Red_Mullet: I hope you won't use your postion as a mod with this your publicly declare stand to harass those of us with opposing views...
That's exactly what he will do. I rarely engage him, but do with another handle of his.
Re: I Will Vote For Jonathan In 2015. What About You? by Nobody: 9:26pm On Aug 24, 2013
You guys already know where I stand. I've been supporting GEJ from DAY ONE. I queued behind GEJ the very day he appointed Prof Jega as INEC chairman. I thought that only a sincere, purposeful, credible, firm and focused president would go for a round peg in a round hole in what is arguably the most powerful institution in the country.

Whether we admit it or not, the increased tempo in infrastructural development across the country (whether in PDP or APC states) can be traced directly
to the new improved INEC and better electoral process. Power now belongs to the people.

So far, its been a jolly good ride. My support for GEJ is objective, earned, asentimental and based on facts.

11 Likes

Re: I Will Vote For Jonathan In 2015. What About You? by RedMullet: 9:31pm On Aug 24, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: You guys already know where I stand. I've been supporting GEJ from DAY ONE. I queued behind GEJ the very day he appointed Prof Jega as INEC chairman. I thought that only a sincere, purposeful, credible, firm and focused president would go for a round peg in a round hole in what is arguably the most powerful institution in the country.

Whether we admit it or not, the increased tempo in infrastructural development across the country (whether in PDP or APC states) can be traced directly
to the new improved INEC and better electoral process. Power now belongs to the people.

So far, its been a jolly good ride. My support for GEJ is objective, earned, asentimental and based on facts.

You are just too lousy... undecided
Re: I Will Vote For Jonathan In 2015. What About You? by gramci: 9:32pm On Aug 24, 2013
Red_Mullet: This your stand is a legitimate call for some of us to call for your removal as a mod....

It's legitimate to conclude that there is no way you will treat people that are against GEJ objectively as a mod.

where were you when anti GEJ mods Jarus and OAM4J reigned supreme on this board? Shameless bigot

2 Likes

Re: I Will Vote For Jonathan In 2015. What About You? by Clerverly: 9:34pm On Aug 24, 2013
With this open declaration of support for a candidate who is yet to declare his ambition, Afam4ever's position as a moderator of the poltics section is no longer tenable.. I hereby call for his removal with immediate effect. If you share my stand, kindly hit the like button and lets press home our protest. Thank you

56 Likes

Re: I Will Vote For Jonathan In 2015. What About You? by Clerverly: 9:37pm On Aug 24, 2013
Red_Mullet: This your stand is a legitimate call for some of us to call for your removal as a mod....

Afam Must go!

19 Likes

Re: I Will Vote For Jonathan In 2015. What About You? by RedMullet: 9:37pm On Aug 24, 2013
gramci:

where were you when anti GEJ mods Jarus and OAM4J reigned supreme on this board? Shameless bigot

Jarus is no longer a mod here...

Show me a link to show OAM4J is anti-GEJ or keep your insinuation away to yourself...

1 Like

Re: I Will Vote For Jonathan In 2015. What About You? by OrlandoOwoh(m): 9:38pm On Aug 24, 2013
Clerverly:

Afam Must go!
Yes, Altruth must go.

1 Like

Re: I Will Vote For Jonathan In 2015. What About You? by RedMullet: 9:39pm On Aug 24, 2013
Clerverly:

Afam Must go!

Honestly...with this open display of where his interest lies...he has no business being a mod for one day longer in this section of the community....I have totally lose confidence in the guy impartiality...

2 Likes

Re: I Will Vote For Jonathan In 2015. What About You? by Clerverly: 9:40pm On Aug 24, 2013
This is what you get when we allow a kid play around as a moderator. No wonder all my posts he perceived were anti GEJ never made the Front Page. Afam your cup is full!

11 Likes

Re: I Will Vote For Jonathan In 2015. What About You? by Nobody: 9:42pm On Aug 24, 2013
Afam4ever has lost moral ground to be a moderator in politics section. Afam4ever declared himself to be a staunch supporter of Jonathan. There is no moral authority for a judge to preside over a case where he/she has interest in what the outcome of the case should be. There is no point letting Afam continue to lead as a moderator because there have been complaints about his actions against some members who have different opinions of Ibos and Jonathan administration. There have been several complaints against Afam4ever on this forum when it comes to adjudicating ban/penalty against members who have negative opinion of Jonathan. There is nothing wrong supporting Jonathan. It is his choice. Declaring himself as Jonathan supporter has breacehd the trust to be an impartial moderator.

There is no maral authority to let Afam continue moderating this section. We call know where his allegiance is.

19 Likes

Re: I Will Vote For Jonathan In 2015. What About You? by Nobody: 9:43pm On Aug 24, 2013
I have just given myself a target of getting at least 10 votes each from southwest and North-forget Nairaland, I have a lot of friends across Niger. grin grin.

No need of campaign in the East. In my village, going by the rate at which GEJ is performing, it may become a taboo to mention APC during the election grin.
Re: I Will Vote For Jonathan In 2015. What About You? by gramci: 9:45pm On Aug 24, 2013
Clerverly: With this open declaration of support for a candidate who is yet to declare his ambition, it no longer tenable for Afam to still remain as a moderator of this sensitive political section of nairaland. I hereby call for his removal with immediate effect. If you share my stand, kindly hit the like button and lets press home our protest. Thank you

OAM4J is APC, stop playing the ignorant card bigot.

2 Likes

Re: I Will Vote For Jonathan In 2015. What About You? by RedMullet: 9:48pm On Aug 24, 2013
gramci:

OAM4J is APC, stop playing the ignorant card bigot.

Can you please stop this attempt at damage control already....!

Prove to us that OAM4J is pro-APC or show us a link where he has openly declare himself as an APC apologist like a Mod is openly declaring here!

2 Likes

Re: I Will Vote For Jonathan In 2015. What About You? by plaindealer: 9:50pm On Aug 24, 2013
Another reason why this man shouldn't be a mod. You lack tact, leadership qualities and decorum.

This is one of your many conflict of interests especially once trying to ban people for calling Gej Jonathan ....

You are a tribal mod and a Gej apologist so it beats me why you posted this pointless and self serving essay ...

Gej is yet to declare his intentions and a whole mod on NL is staging his his own Gej rally on NL.

Very nigerian and pathetic..

10 Likes

Re: I Will Vote For Jonathan In 2015. What About You? by Nobody: 9:51pm On Aug 24, 2013
Clerverly: With this open declaration of support for a candidate who is yet to declare his ambition, it no longer tenable for Afam to still remain as a moderator of this sensitive political section of nairaland. I hereby call for his removal with immediate effect. If you share my stand, kindly hit the like button and lets press home our protest. Thank you
What then do we do to OAM4J, who is the commander-in-chief of APC on NL? Nonsense!
Re: I Will Vote For Jonathan In 2015. What About You? by gramci: 9:51pm On Aug 24, 2013
What is wrong with these shameless progressives? am not surprise, they play politics of bitterness and hate. They pretend as if they are not aware that OAM4J and Jarus are core APC supporters.

God is exposing your antics

2 Likes

Re: I Will Vote For Jonathan In 2015. What About You? by Nobody: 9:52pm On Aug 24, 2013
Red_Mullet:

Prove to us that OAM4J is pro-APC or show us a link where he has openly declare himself as an APC apologist like a Mod is openly declaring here!

They don't prove. They only attack. Talk about some brainless bunch! Afam supporting Gej? I've always felt he was limited and childish, but not retoorded as well. Seun, deport this guy asap from the poisition of mod and let him see how it feels to get your opinion snuffed.
Re: I Will Vote For Jonathan In 2015. What About You? by FreeGlobe(f): 9:53pm On Aug 24, 2013
Red_Mullet:

Also show us where GEJ has stated openly he will contest in 2015. We all know nairaland is ran by APC iwarriors including oam4j, unless Seun comes out openly to declare nairaland an APC site, Afam is in order

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Ghana Poise To Export Electricity To Nigeria, Ivory Coast, Others / Why Is Boko Haram Not Spreading Jihad Into Niger And Chad? / Reps Begin Probe Of $17bn Exported Undeclared Crude Oil, Liquified Gas

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.