Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,794 members, 7,905,923 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 09:20 PM

Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law - Politics (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law (30566 Views)

Osinbajo And Malami In Turf War Over $1.3billion Malabu Scam - Premium Times / The Coming War Over Fulani / Odinkalu, Fani-kayode In Twitter War Over Hate Speech. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by evelynluv(f): 10:24am On Aug 28, 2013
Am not in support of abortion,but I want to ask what about this situation when a father molest his daughter and the bad girl got pregnant do you advice the girl to keep it? or advice the mother of the bad girl to accept that baby?
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by evelynluv(f): 10:26am On Aug 28, 2013
evelynluv: Am not in support of abortion,but I want to ask what about this situation when a father molest his daughter and the bad girl got pregnant do you advice the girl to keep it? or advice the mother of the bad girl to accept that baby?
sorry not bad girl but poor girl,thanks
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 10:26am On Aug 28, 2013
If I am rap.ed,I'll have an abortion
If I get pregnant legally and it poses a health risk to me probably endangering my life making it impossible for me to live and achieve my other life goals,I'll have an abortion
Very likely impossible but If I get pregnant for a man who doesn't care about me or the coming child.exposing me to emotional abuse and a life of suffering as a single mother with slim chances of ever finding love and my own man and building a normal family life,
I'll have an abortion
Pls forgive me.I'm a murderer cry
Yes.
But we forget who put the ladies is such difficult situations in the first place
I'm sure if men would stop molesting women
If men will start taking responsiblilty for the their fockery
If we don't have to be such hypocrites and understand that some things aren't worth ruining a woman's life over.
Maybe the rate of abortion will reduce
I'm wearing my steel armor right now. Judge me all you want,
We might still end up in the same department in hell. undecided

1 Like

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 10:29am On Aug 28, 2013
evelynluv: Am not in support of abortion,but I want to ask what about this situation when a father molest his daughter and the bad girl got pregnant do you advice the girl to keep it? or advice the mother of the bad girl to accept that baby?
.....and why should you call the girl bad? A father molested her daughter and you call the girl a bad person? Nothing wet pesin no go read for nairaland. cry
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 10:31am On Aug 28, 2013
lorretta u: If I am rap.ed,I'll have an abortion
If I get pregnant legally and it poses a health risk to me probably endangering my life making it impossible for me to live and achieve my other life goals,I'll have an abortion
Very likely impossible but If I get pregnant for a man who doesn't care about me or the coming child.exposing me to emotional abuse and a life of suffering as a single mother with slim chances of ever finding love and my own man and building a normal family life,
I'll have an abortion
Yes.
But we forget who put the ladies is such difficult situations in the first place
If we don't have to be such hypocrites and understand that some things aren't worth ruining a woman's life over.
I agree with you 80 percent!
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by mildteddy(m): 10:33am On Aug 28, 2013
When I said that humans are too selfish this was what I meant:
If I get pregnant legally and it poses a health risk to me probably endangering my life making it impossible for me [quote author=lorretta u] ...to live and achieve my other life goals,
lorretta u: I'll have an abortion
I'll have an abortion
Yes.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by easyfem(m): 10:34am On Aug 28, 2013
Everthing in nigeria it's about religion ... Legalize abort is the best for this country , not only south east. They are not mandatory it for pple . It's just an option... Think deeply about unwanted baby
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by ifebosco: 10:34am On Aug 28, 2013
Mr. Aladin:

what do u take God for??

He is the giver of Life n in his sight n d sight of man abortion is a grievious sin
the same mentality that is holding us back for 100years today,keep fooling your selve with that book bible.
our slave masters brought that book to us, and now there donĀ“t read it anymore.science and technology is the answer
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by biafranqueen: 10:35am On Aug 28, 2013
Mitch D Leo: SELLING A CHILD sad sad DOESN'T THAT MAKE MONEY MORE VALUABLE THAN THE CHILD. THIS COUNTRY IS bleeped UP, LATER PEOPLE WILL SAY MAY GOD SAVE US WHILE THEY'LL MAKE NO ATTEMPT TO SAVE THIER COUNTRY. AM AGAINST ABORTION BUT I STILL AGREE WITH THE FACT THAT ITS THE WOMAN'S DECISION TO MAKE. Let God be the One to Judge not the Catholic Church.
I agree with you 99.5 of the girls that were caught selling babies were abandon by the man they slept with. The Motherless baby home in my town is falling down but one so called business man went to build a brand new house for a freaking Bishop that cost 64Nmillion , and donated another 5 million to another Bishop ask me how much he has helped with motherless babies. Ask how many chicks he dashes millions a month angry
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by evelynluv(f): 10:35am On Aug 28, 2013
[quote author=berem].....and why should you call the girl bad? A father molested her daughter and you call the girl a bad person? Nothing wet pesin no go read for nairaland. cry[/quote) dear I made a mistake and I correct myself in the second comment read all before you conclude please.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 10:36am On Aug 28, 2013
mooregan:
It's obvious u didn't pass ur Biology in ur SS1. How can u say sperm r babies?? They sperm has to fertilise and egg and form a zygote b4 u can talk of babies.
But that is the catholic church's argument against using contraceptives. They believe sperms are babies.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Adek15(m): 10:36am On Aug 28, 2013
Maxymilliano:

The law is evil, what if he were aborted?
what is wrong with that law ehn? Cant u guys read between lines? D law has conditions, not just abortion at will. So u'll allow ur wife 2 endanger her life because of religion, Jeez. islam xplains this kind of abortions in details. Plz seek knowledge for ''my ppl perish because of lack of knowledge''
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by biafranqueen: 10:37am On Aug 28, 2013
mildteddy: When I said that humans are too selfish this was what I meant:
So I will see you in Nnewi to help rebuild the Motherless baby home end of November since you are so unselfish wink
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Greenslim: 10:39am On Aug 28, 2013
I DO NOT THINK THIS IS A GOOD IDEA.THIS WILL GIVE ROOM FOR INCESSANT TERMINATION OF THESE BABIES.END TIME!
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 10:39am On Aug 28, 2013
This is a democracy.It is about what majority of his people wants.If he does not comply he will get thrown out during the next elections
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by DeNoble1(m): 10:42am On Aug 28, 2013
I-B.:
For whichever reason, abortion is not an option. angry
Killing "nations"(babies) and calling it abortion for flimsy excuses. angry
Inasmuch as I do not support murder (abortion), there might be a serious case where abortion can be the only way out. e.g. Pregnancy complications, where the mother's life is seriously in danger. The only problem with this law is that people are really going to abuse it.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by mildteddy(m): 10:43am On Aug 28, 2013
Adek15: what is wrong with that law ehn? Cant u guys read between lines? D law has conditions, not just abortion at will. So u'll allow ur wife 2 endanger her life because of religion, Jeez. islam xplains this kind of abortions in details. Plz seek knowledge for ''my ppl perish because of lack of knowledge''
Grow up bro. When the law wasn't there do you know how many teenagers and adult females that abort babies daily? You're in Africa bro, don't be naive. This law to 'the people means that every Chy, Funmi and Aisha is free to get abortion at any time they want. Don't be deceived by the English in the NL page look at the real thing man.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 10:43am On Aug 28, 2013
A NATION FULL OF HYPOCRITES. FOR EVERY ONE AGAINST THOSE CONDITIONS GIVEN, MAY ARMED ROBBERS AND RAPIST RAPE YOUR CHILD, MAY YOUR WIVES HAVE COMPLICATED PREGNANCIES. WHEN IT HAPPENS PLS COME AND TELL US THE CHOICE YOU MADE.DATS ALL. LIKE THEY SAY, ONLY THOSE WHO WEAR THE SHOES KNOW WHERE IT PINCHES.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by oneeast4: 10:44am On Aug 28, 2013
This clown always trying to play to the gallery. Seeking cheap publicity..tufiakwa!!!!
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by mooregan(m): 10:47am On Aug 28, 2013
honey86:
But that is the catholic church's argument against using contraceptives. They believe sperms are babies.
Or if that's what they r saying, then in that case a Woman shouldn't menstrate na. All her eggs should be fertilsed till shed dies...Nonsense!!
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Dibiachukwu: 10:48am On Aug 28, 2013
berem: Do you know how many igbo foetuses have been aborted so far? Why do you wanna blame Okorocha? Am not in support of abortion, but it should be a personal decision of the pregnant woman.
No, pregnant women don't have the right to kill their babies, just like people don't have the right to kill their kids; just because it is their kids.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by mildteddy(m): 10:49am On Aug 28, 2013
biafranqueen: So I will see you in Nnewi to help rebuild the Motherless baby home end of November since you are so unselfish wink
You needn't check ma posts, but I see your point though... Thanks for your concern. I'll brief u on how it'll go down. Hope u'll be ready to carry the blocks for me come November.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by lilslick(m): 10:49am On Aug 28, 2013
chukwudi44: If okorocha does not handle this well,it will end very badly for him politically.Never underestimate the power of the catholic church in the south east especially in imo,anambra and enugu states.

cheesy cheesy cheesy
SUPPORTED!!
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 10:50am On Aug 28, 2013
mildteddy:
Grow up bro. When the law wasn't there do you know how many teenagers and adult females that abort babies daily? You're in Africa bro, don't be naive. This law to 'the people means that every Chy, Funmi and Aisha is free to get abortion at any time they want. Don't be deceived by the English in the NL page look at the real thing man.
will d girls be able to carry out the abortion without the consents of the medical practitioners?. The truth is if the doctors can choose not to perform the procedure on those who are not affected by the conditions listed above.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by ladenz(m): 10:53am On Aug 28, 2013
I'll have an abortion
Yes.

i wont judge you but i just looked at your profile pic and you are beautiful. you are going to have beautiful children. give them chance to live notwithstanding the circumstances around which they were conceived. Please sad
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Dibiachukwu: 10:54am On Aug 28, 2013
biafranqueen: how about those sold from baby factory? Just asking
Where did I ever say baby factories are desirable in IMO. Both are wrong, one is being sponsored by an elected official. Abortion is murder God please save our babies and our land, from this great wickedness..
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by crowntoro(f): 10:54am On Aug 28, 2013
Idi Amin: Seriously, catholics should stop this their "holier than thou" attitude. Why are they complaining when their so called Rev SISTERS are the major players in "ABORTION SECTOR". I just read the article in between the lines now and understood the content of the bill. Why would a woman keep a pregnancy for an armed robber/rapist or a pregnancy that might endanger her life? undecided
u must be very stupid to av utter such a statement#ONYIN ARA#

1 Like

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by biafranqueen: 10:58am On Aug 28, 2013
Amazondepth: As a Dr and a catholic I dsiagree with d position of d catholic Drs on this matter.some specific situations were espoused to justify d termination of pregnancy and it makes absolute sense!would any one allow a sibling,spouse,child or parent keep a pregnancy resulting from Rape or incest for example?nobody is promoting voluntary termination of unwanted pregnancies following wanton sexual escapades.we have to seperate d church from d state. D psycological burden of some pregnancy states are beyond d capacity of some individuals to handle.I have had a patient commit suicide cos she was made to keep a pregnancy that was as a result of rape
if I tell you how motherless school children are treated by school mates or how they ask how come they don't have parents what did they do to God to be abandoned these critics will think twice. Have you people ever sat down and spoken to these teens that never had parents. They are really in pain and they receive no mental health care. 4 women taking care of over 50 children. Where are they getting the closeness of adults. How do they build self esteem to make something of themselves. Sometimes it is so overwhelming that I can not do more. They need love, conversation time, hugs and encouragement. They need mentors they need to know that God has not forgotten them. But when they become teen the majority of them go into crime for lack of guidance. We need to do something to help these children. The Red Cross does not give money to these homes anymore for the past 15 years. Those babies and youths without parents need the community to stand up for them. Please if you can help your local motherless baby home in anyway possible. If we gave to them like we give to church see how Nigeria would change!
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 10:59am On Aug 28, 2013
APC and their packages to Nigeria more...........downloading

1 Like

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by biafranqueen: 11:00am On Aug 28, 2013
Dibiachukwu:
Where did I ever say baby factories are desirable in IMO. Both are wrong, one is being sponsored by an elected official. Abortion is murder God please save our babies and our land, from this great wickedness..
so I will see you at the end of November at the Nnewi np babies home they need more then tears they made it here but the majority don't even care about them. Which home do you donate and volunteer at?

1 Like

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Dibiachukwu: 11:00am On Aug 28, 2013
unmask: If some of you are so much against the abortion then create a charity that takes the kids in...... When she later gives birth to a child via molestation and calls the child useless, it is you people that will still come out to say if she didn't want the child why did she give birth..... Hypocrisy at the highest...... Do you even know what some of these molested girls go through everyday? Then to be reminded of their stigma with a child that's just cruel
Their are motherless babies homes in Nigeria. Take them there. Give the baby to your mother; do anything but kill the baby. Abortion is murder
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by crowntoro(f): 11:01am On Aug 28, 2013
thehomer:

Abortion is not murder.
shocked
thehomer:

Abortion is not murder.
so wat is meaning of abortion? Enlighten me pls

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Free Surgeries As Baba Returns! / Fayose: "I Chose Kolapo Olusola To Succeed Me In Line With God's Leading" / Why Are Nigerians In Diaspora So Bitter?

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.