Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,178,793 members, 7,905,919 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 July 2024 at 09:14 PM

Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law - Politics (7) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law (30561 Views)

Osinbajo And Malami In Turf War Over $1.3billion Malabu Scam - Premium Times / The Coming War Over Fulani / Odinkalu, Fani-kayode In Twitter War Over Hate Speech. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Dibiachukwu: 11:55am On Aug 28, 2013
Okija_juju:

So if the baby will kill the mother, let her die.. grin
The baby cannot commit murder. It is trying to survive, just like the mother. God forbid anybody dies. But if their is going to be any death, let it be without fault.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 11:56am On Aug 28, 2013
koastar: When you kill a life in the womb, they call it ABORTION but when you kill a life born out of the womb, they call it MURDER. Same act but different terminologies. ABORTION = MURDER
No, it's not. What gives you the assurance that the foetus is human being? Had it been the CT scan shows that the supposed foetus has severe mutation and has turned into a monster, would you still have the baby? Reason people!!! don't be dogmatic!
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by LookGud: 12:01pm On Aug 28, 2013
chukwudi44:

Because either way humanm life is involved.It is like an armed man shooting an armed robber to death for self defence,then it is not murder but when you shoot an unarmed man it becomes murder.

By the way even when the mothers life is threatened she still has the option of scrificing herself to save her baby.People have done it in the past.

I know a particular catholic saint in italy who did that.She offered to die to have her baby.

If you were a woman, would you sacrifice your life just save your baby?
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by jadarmani(f): 12:02pm On Aug 28, 2013
Itoroetti :

Don't mind that I'd.iot.
He thinks he owns the whole wide world.

pls b careful on the words u use on my Governor.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Anyigala(m): 12:02pm On Aug 28, 2013
In every country where abortion has been legalised for whatever reason, it has always been abused. In UK, abortion was legalised in the late 60s and the law says that it can only be carried out when a woman's life is in danger or in the case of rape etc. The fact is that more than 5 million abortions has been carried out since then and only a fraction was due to any of the reasons the law stipulates.
It is a scientific fact that life begins at inception, to take that helpless, defenseless life is murder. Lets not coat the raw detail with fancy words like "reproductive rights" invented by abortion lobbyist.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Iyanusele(m): 12:08pm On Aug 28, 2013
What's the big deal in abortion when 80% of nig. female students have done it once or . Ask ur female frnds....
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by ladenz(m): 12:10pm On Aug 28, 2013
adeaugustus:
No! Because she could have aborted the baby. She has not only punished her self by carrying an unwanted foetus, she has successfully created a problem by giving birth to a child that would probably not be well taken care of. See?

right. and our point is that aborting the baby then and throwing the baby in the garbage can now amount to one and the same thing. getting rid of an UNWANTED human. you are only thinking about the woman who has "punished herself by carrying an unwanted foetus". dont forget that the same woman who now sees the baby as an "unwanted foetus" was also a foetus herself at a stage in her life but she lives today because her parents wanted her
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Bigsteveg(m): 12:12pm On Aug 28, 2013
3ace: I am surprised at this comment particularly coming from a lady. Are you saying a female should keep a pregnancy for a ràpist? I pray it doesn't happen to you.
Wot if d lady in particular looses her life in the process, she committed abortion of an unborn baby and murder or herself.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 12:16pm On Aug 28, 2013
ladenz:

right. and our point is that aborting the baby then and throwing the baby in the garbage can now amount to one and the same thing. getting rid of an UNWANTED human. you are only thinking about the woman who has "punished herself by carrying an unwanted foetus". dont forget that the same woman who now sees the baby as an "unwanted foetus" was also a foetus herself at a stage in her life but she lives today because her parents wanted her
You would have had a valid argument by not being emotional, the lady that gave birth had no choice when her mum gave birth to her, the same thing applies to the "dumped" baby, he has no choice!
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Isiterere(m): 12:19pm On Aug 28, 2013
A child that will live will sure live;abortion or not ?

Btw using of condom as well is a form of preventing life.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Okijajuju1(m): 12:24pm On Aug 28, 2013
Dibiachukwu:
The baby cannot commit murder. It is trying to survive, just like the mother. God forbid anybody dies. But if their is going to be any death, let it be without fault.

[b]Heheheheee

Dibia Nwannem! Before we start, Ka'm bulu godi uzo, kene gi, both as a fellow Dibia and Nwafor Ala Igbo.. De'me o!

Preamble..Well!! We can't say that the death of a mother as a result of complications from a Pregnancy is murder as indeed a baby cant commit murder. Infact, a baby cant commit any crime. #LAW101..

Now technically, like ichie Adeaugustus rightly said, a baby is a parasite (DefinitionAn organism that grows, feeds, and is sheltered on or in a different organism while contributing nothing to the survival of its host.[/color], the Mother is the primary individual in this equation because its her body that has been invaded. Its her bodies nutrients that this 'parasite' is feeding off of. Its her who gets inconvienienced and ends up dying in the end.

Now! If a Baby the Parasite is so troublesome that it has been medically ascertained that the continued stay of this baby inside the murder would lead to the death of the mother, you are of the opinion that we allow the mother die?! WOW!!

Okay! Lets play Law a bit since everyone seems to be a lawyer today... grin

If we are to consider the fetus as a person, with full rights to life, then by outlawing abortion, we'd be supporting slavery Which is a crime.. . Because if the woman who wants the abortion is forced to take care of another person, to carry it, feed it, and cater to it, for 9 months, against her will then that's slavery. #SIMPLE & SHORT!

Heres another perspective...

So if we charge a mother who aborts a baby That may have medically killed her with 1st degree murder, then can we please charge every woman who miscarries a baby with MANSLAUGHTER...

heheheheeeee...

Heres one more;

If we determine at birth that a baby was responsible for the mother dying during delivery, can we then charge the baby with either MURDER or MANSLAAUGHTER?! grin

The Gods are wise..
[/b]

3 Likes

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by collynzo2(m): 12:26pm On Aug 28, 2013
People are always quick to talk about räpe, but if we check the number of Nigerian girls who have aborted babies only about 1% percent will be a result of rapè, most are products of consentual sex.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by airfinance(m): 12:29pm On Aug 28, 2013
No need for passage of the law mr governor,much as I am not in support of it,majority of ladies have had abortions these days,even if the law is against abortion,I tell you nigerians would always have their ways.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by jaja1212: 12:30pm On Aug 28, 2013
Itoroetti :

Don't mind that I'd.iot.
He thinks he owns the whole wide world.
abortion is a Sin
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 12:31pm On Aug 28, 2013
collynzo2: Report all you like, I did nothing wrong. Your sins will contine to haunt you.
smh
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by sofadj(m): 12:34pm On Aug 28, 2013
Legalising abortion will reduce drastically the number of deaths that are recorded in Nigerian from unsafe abortion.

1 Like

Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Anyigala(m): 12:42pm On Aug 28, 2013
Abortion is not murder.[/quote]

Disagree! It is murder!
Its all depend on your Geograghical location.
UK and France are anly few hundred miles apart, if you abort a baby after 28weeks in UK you are going jail, in France and you haven't committed any crime of murder.
Science told us that life begins at inception, to abort is to kill!
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by airfinance(m): 12:43pm On Aug 28, 2013
Xplodes2700: When i read some people's comment here am disapointed the way they think, i'm in support of the bill, pregnancy as a result of molestation or rape can be aborted, if you know the psychological and emotional pain the mother go through, plus the stigma attached to her from the society, if She's a student, her education is affected, and who will easy marry a single mum? Please lets not allow religion affect our sense Reasoning
Hey!let me inform you that religion is the complete ways of life if you must know,your reason for being in this world by the glory of God and you it is a must for you to worship him,certainly rules and guidance about the way you live it are clearly illustrated in religion.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by inosend: 12:44pm On Aug 28, 2013
[quote author=Garri the 1st]

Much as I do not want to bandy words with you, I still want to maintain that God has a much higher understanding than humans and decrees everything for OUR OWN good.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 28, 2013
tpacalipse: If a pregnancy is as a result of molestation or rape, it should be aborted. If it will endanger the life of the woman. it should be kicked out. Period. Bloody hypocrites.

i want to ask u all dat is supporting d abortion law...y shld an innocent unborn baby b punished ova the crime of his/her father of mother.
Pls do nt encourage wot ll bring doom on u.anybody can b dat unborn baby..
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 12:45pm On Aug 28, 2013
berem: If you don't, i will report to the mods for them to remove it!

why do you want that image removed? does it violate any of nairaland rules? this image is a clear fact that abortion is immoral and wicked.Just imagine that innocent kid in that picture that has just been ruthlessly deprived of life.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Bonapart(m): 12:47pm On Aug 28, 2013
Okorocha you will rot in hell! You and your supporters, including nairalanders in support of this killings of God's children... You will all burn in Hell
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 12:50pm On Aug 28, 2013
Bonapart: Okorocha you will rot in hell! You and your supporters, including nairalanders in support of this killings of God's children... You will all burn in Hell
After you. *That, am very sure of*
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by gogodaye(m): 12:51pm On Aug 28, 2013
First & foremost I'm glad at the bold steps taken by the Imo state government and fervently pray that the requisite environment & regulatory framework are put in place to ensure full implementation of the law to the benefit of all.
@ Reptyle....I guess it wouldn't sound strange to you what the fuss is all about...This law is a homegrown solution to a nagging wahala. It was arrived Imo state without attached to its apron the hypocritical strings of a sanctimonious approval from the Pope in Rome.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Atk01(f): 12:52pm On Aug 28, 2013
I-B.:
For whichever reason, abortion is not an option. angry
Killing "nations"(babies) and calling it abortion for flimsy excuses. angry
hmmmm, someone went to Bible Study. grin
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 12:53pm On Aug 28, 2013
Bonapart: Okorocha you will rot in hell! You and your supporters, including nairalanders in support of this killings of God's children... You will all burn in Hell

before he goes to hell we will start by dealing with him during the 2015 elections.Okorocha as if his party APC is not bad eneough he wants to add fuel to the burning fire by irking the catholics of imo state.
Re: Okorocha, Catholic Doctors At War Over Abortion Law by Nobody: 12:59pm On Aug 28, 2013
chukwudi44:

why do you want that image removed? does it violate any of nairaland rules? this image is a clear fact that abortion is immoral and wicked.Just imagine that innocent kid in that picture that has just been ruthlessly deprived of life.

must he post the picture to tell us abortion is bad? does the picture not look offensive to you? haven't you heard of the phrase 'viewers discretion' ? oh please!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (12) (Reply)

Buhari Appoints Malami, Fashola, Others To Engage Twitter Over Ban [FULL LIST] / Google Earth Pictures Of Locations In Nigeria / Uche Chukwumerije Buried In Abia [photo]

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.