Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,199,455 members, 7,971,648 topics. Date: Thursday, 10 October 2024 at 01:19 PM

S-west Governors Consider Yoruba As Language Of Instruction - Politics (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / S-west Governors Consider Yoruba As Language Of Instruction (15770 Views)

I Regret Not Having A Yoruba As Speaker. Jonathan / Mimiko Absent As South-west Governors Converge In Ibadan / Open Advice To South West Governors On Housing (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: S-west Governors Consider Yoruba As Language Of Instruction by Olaolufred(m): 9:57am On Aug 31, 2013
asha 80: what is algebraic equation in yoruba?or h.c.f in yoruba?
You register for the class and if you won't know d answeR.
The classroom is not nairaland.
Re: S-west Governors Consider Yoruba As Language Of Instruction by Olaolufred(m): 10:04am On Aug 31, 2013
Ngwakwe: It's a good initiative and very commendable.
Notwithstanding, they should leave Lagos out of their Western Nigeria Protectorate or Regional integration.

Because Lagos came from heaven like Aba. And they are both "no man's land" abi?
Re: S-west Governors Consider Yoruba As Language Of Instruction by juvewalex(m): 10:19am On Aug 31, 2013
plasmadocument:
Obviously you are one of those thought in Yoruba. You can not comprehend the simple comment i made above. Sorry.
Olodo, check ur English before u bash on sm1, it seems u don't knw wat thought(taught) means in ur constructed sentence above... Na u we cum dey sorry for now
Re: S-west Governors Consider Yoruba As Language Of Instruction by juvewalex(m): 10:32am On Aug 31, 2013
oturugo: What an idiotic idea. I don't know why this people are not capable of bringing good ideas.
Anyway, the south west has other languages aside Yoruba. What about Egun speakers found in Lagos and Ogun, how about the Ijaw spoken in ondo state?. Will you now impose Yoruba on them?.
What a senseless idea.
ur comment shows d level of ur IQ , sm of u we just sit behind ur computer and strt typing rubbish without proper understanding of d article due to ur poor education background grin
Re: S-west Governors Consider Yoruba As Language Of Instruction by Dopestfiend: 10:37am On Aug 31, 2013
The same peeps that their language is going extinct. Trying to get back at their gods. we have colonize you guys so hard y'all tried so hard to learn yoruba but my peeps don't give two cent about your stone age lingua.
Re: S-west Governors Consider Yoruba As Language Of Instruction by Nobody: 10:37am On Aug 31, 2013
eye4eye: If introduction of Yoruba Language as sole teaching language drives out Ibos out of our schools and SW in general, then I am all for it.

they just hate competition.
Even in schools.
Dont worry, igbos everywhere understand every language around dem, so they wont leave off the competition cos of language.
So, bring it on.
Yoruba language in Lagos schools bah?
We go still outshine una, and na dis type of 'outshining' go vex una pass.
Then FFK will cum and say,'aargh argh, yoruba language belongs to yorubas not igbos'
Re: S-west Governors Consider Yoruba As Language Of Instruction by talktimi(m): 10:39am On Aug 31, 2013
agbameta:

I was expecting an answer, not you playing dumb.
smh... Please figure out who sets and regulates the policies & curricular of all educational institutions in Nigeria. If the ministry should agree then fine if not on to the next policy. I have always been an advocate of regional integration but policies must be enforced in a legal way. Ok
Re: S-west Governors Consider Yoruba As Language Of Instruction by Nobody: 10:44am On Aug 31, 2013
XereX:

The investments of Aliko Dangote and Alhassan Dantata is greater than that of whole ibos put together. Dangote alone employs more people than all ibo business men in Lagos.

Tell me one contribution the ibos are bringing to Lagos other than leeching and sucking? Your so-called economic prowess can only fly in the minds of deluded goats like yourself. Or you think spare parts and pirating CD is what is progressing Lagos?

u cant be yabbing spare parts biz when u cant do beans business , can u?
Ngwa, begin to list yoruba man enterprises in lagos...
Re: S-west Governors Consider Yoruba As Language Of Instruction by Okeikpu(m): 10:46am On Aug 31, 2013
XereX:

I presently live in a multiethnic setting in Nigeria, Abuja to be precise and I speak atleast four local languages with slight understanding of ibo language. If you really want know who ibos are and the level of hatred they harbored for anything Yoruba or south west or other Nigerians just enter into discussion with any ibo man without giving him a hint of your background. Ibo man will call Hausa goat, Yorubas dirty, South South lazy, and so on.
u no dey shame atol ?
Re: S-west Governors Consider Yoruba As Language Of Instruction by bayulll01(m): 10:49am On Aug 31, 2013
oneglobe: Very nice development from the yoruba nation. I hope they didnt involve Lagos as part of this primitive move. It doesn't have to anyway.
And that lagos is in south east of nigeria,una go hear am,shebi una no wan develop una father land
Re: S-west Governors Consider Yoruba As Language Of Instruction by Italiano1: 11:03am On Aug 31, 2013
ngozievergreen:

u cant be yabbing spare parts biz when u cant do beans business , can u?
Ngwa, begin to list yoruba man enterprises in lagos...

Ngozie is here again grin grin

Do you wake up looking for Yorubas under your bed?

the profits of Globacom, Oando, Eleganza is double the budget of the whole of the SE (BTW those are all Yoruba owned firms)

All Top Investment firms in Lagos turning out billions every year are Yoruba owned. The profit of ordinary Elizade is double all the money made in Alaba market every year.

Ibos control the primary sector while secondary and tertiary sectors are controlled by educated Yorubas.

Our young men do not drop out of school at 10-12 years old.

The summary is if you and your brothers and sisters want to come to the SW, your children will have to be educated in Yoruba Language,

4 Likes

Re: S-west Governors Consider Yoruba As Language Of Instruction by Okeikpu(m): 11:07am On Aug 31, 2013
ngozievergreen:

they just hate competition.
Even in schools.
Dont worry, igbos everywhere understand every language around dem, so they wont leave off the competition cos of language.
So, bring it on.
Yoruba language in Lagos schools bah?
We go still outshine una, and na dis type of 'outshining' go vex una pass.
Then FFK will cum and say,'aargh argh, yoruba language belongs to yorubas not igbos'
grin grin
Re: S-west Governors Consider Yoruba As Language Of Instruction by Ngwakwe: 11:19am On Aug 31, 2013
I believe in reality and never believed that heaven is up and above only. Wisdom, vision and pragmatism are not dependent on challenging every opposing comment(s).

For every successful venture or initiative, effort should be made to avoid any setback to its successful start-up. Yoruba in not a homogenous language in Western Nigeria if Lagos State should be included.

In Nigeria today, policy makers come up with numerous landmark visions and then weigh the limitations which lead to exclusive (leaving out) clauses that would have been destructive to a well intended initiative.

On another note, I listened to Fashola's 60 minutes on recent developments in Lagos State and I understood according to him that some over zealous Yorubas are acting against his well intended initiatives and that most unsolicited comments by his cabinet do not represent the Lagos State Govt. stands.

I believe a lot of water has passed under the bridge since after the civil war and both tribes have come a long way in partnership and have become inseparable in today's Southern Nigeria.

Just this week, Fashola and Kalu sounded diplomatic and are calling for unity as Stakeholders in Lagos State and beyond.

On my part, I enjoin every forumite to tune down and moderate his/her rhetoric/comment(s) that encourages enmity, sabotage, bloodshed or genocide at large.

Olaolufred:

Because Lagos came from heaven like Aba. And they are both "no man's land" abi?

1 Like

Re: S-west Governors Consider Yoruba As Language Of Instruction by Nobody: 11:35am On Aug 31, 2013
Italiano1:

Ngozie is here again grin grin

Do you wake up looking for Yorubas under your bed?

the profits of Globacom, Oando, Eleganza is double the budget of the whole of the SE (BTW those are all Yoruba owned firms)

All Top Investment firms in Lagos turning out billions every year are Yoruba owned. The profit of ordinary Elizade is double all the money made in Alaba market every year.

Ibos control the primary sector while secondary and tertiary sectors are controlled by educated Yorubas.

Our young men do not drop out of school at 10-12 years old.

The summary is if you and your brothers and sisters want to come to the SW, your children will have to be educated in Yoruba Language,

which one be globacom? Una no dey get tnz independently.
Yorubas control 2ndry n tertiary sectors?hahahahahaha.
Let me finish washing watching this movie first, and we will discuss d 2ndry n tertiary sectors of yoruba. U think we are here to discuss stolen oil wealth
Re: S-west Governors Consider Yoruba As Language Of Instruction by funnyx(m): 11:35am On Aug 31, 2013
plasmadocument:
Obviously you are one of those thought in Yoruba. You can not comprehend the simple comment i made above. Sorry.

Olodo! grin grin o ri aye e lode? U don see ya life as im open like fowl yansh wey wind blows grin grin
If I may ask what language were you thoughted in school? Lwkmd grin grin
Re: S-west Governors Consider Yoruba As Language Of Instruction by funnyx(m): 11:37am On Aug 31, 2013
ngozievergreen:

Let me finish washing watching this movie first, and we will discuss d 2ndry n tertiary sectors of yoruba. U think we are here to discuss stolen oil wealth
Happy washing my sister, make I come join you?
Re: S-west Governors Consider Yoruba As Language Of Instruction by Dopestfiend: 11:40am On Aug 31, 2013
ngozievergreen:

imbe... Na washing machine dey use watch the movie abi.
Re: S-west Governors Consider Yoruba As Language Of Instruction by AnanseK(m): 12:19pm On Aug 31, 2013
They Civilian JTF are fighting with the Nigerian security in a war zone and they have helped a lot with local content. The Niger Delta Militants were fighting the government and are now earning huge salaries. The difference is that Civilian JTF are mainly Northerners and therefore second class citizen in present Nigeria .
For real progress however I will advise the government to create ant train a volunteer force out of the CJTF . They should be carefully screened and trained to fight the insurgency in many fronts and can be discharged when the last BH resistance is crushed.
Re: S-west Governors Consider Yoruba As Language Of Instruction by funnyx(m): 12:24pm On Aug 31, 2013
AnanseK: They Civilian JTF are fighting with the Nigerian security in a war zone and they have helped a lot with local content. The Niger Delta Militants were fighting the government and are now earning huge salaries. The difference is that Civilian JTF are mainly Northerners and therefore second class citizen in present Nigeria .
For real progress however I will advise the government to create ant train a volunteer force out of the CJTF . They should be carefully screened and trained to fight the insurgency in many fronts and can be discharged when the last BH resistance is crushed.

What is this one saying? You don miss road cheesy cheesy
Re: S-west Governors Consider Yoruba As Language Of Instruction by Oildichotomy(m): 12:50pm On Aug 31, 2013
Adm. Yamamoto:

Stop pretending! The reptilian creatures who like to act as friends (fair weather friends that is) when they are serpentine dangers is what I am talking about. You and your type of hegemonists, feudalistic and insecure seccessionists is what I am talking about - SNAKES! Oh just pack your bags already, we the Yorubas will advance by all means!
Ore mi.... Ke kwanu?
Anu ma like e yi rara
Go figure?
Re: S-west Governors Consider Yoruba As Language Of Instruction by Sagamite(m): 1:33pm On Aug 31, 2013
Senator James:
kudos to you....... Try these:
1. Calculus
2. Exponential
3. Logarithm
4. Surd
5. Indices
6. Latitude and Longitude
(#200 recharge card).

@topic. Its a very good initiative, but they must involve all categories of citizen to be a success; Traditional council, Religion leaders, student bodies, Legal practitioners, teachers, NGO.

Please must we tribalize everything? I reason with Ngwakwe about exempting Lagos. Its because of the heterogenous nature of the residents which has been aiding the development of Lagos state. On the other hand, if Lagos is exempted, it will look as if we Yoruba had sold our inherittance. If implemented, other tribe will have no choice than to dance to the tone of the music.

God bless Yorubaland, God bless Nigeria

1. Calculus - Kakulosi
2. Exponential - Eponekia
3. Logarithm - E jo, ki lo so? Oga, er tun pe!
4. Surd - Sodi soke!
5. Indices - Inshisi
6. Latitude and Longitude - Lati tunde ati Longe tunde

Bros, wey my recharge card?

3 Likes

Re: S-west Governors Consider Yoruba As Language Of Instruction by agbameta: 1:49pm On Aug 31, 2013
talktimi: smh... Please figure out who sets and regulates the policies & curricular of all educational institutions in Nigeria. If the ministry should agree then fine if not on to the next policy. I have always been an advocate of regional integration but policies must be enforced in a legal way. Ok

And the federal government dictates curriculum and teaching methods in elementary school right?

I know people in your side of the country think the FG is the beginning and the end of life and you can not breath without the federal government's help and say so, but we don't roll like that on our side, we do what's best for us.

FCUKKK your FG..

7 Likes

Re: S-west Governors Consider Yoruba As Language Of Instruction by icon8: 4:31pm On Aug 31, 2013
Itoroetti :

Why do u use english to write dis?why not use yoruba?
See them proposing what d can't allow for their children for other people's children.
None of their children is schooling in nigeria,yet they are proposing this for other people's children.
Why not equip ur schools with modern facilities and ensure students are properly taught what they are suppose to be taught?
How will the use of yoruba or any indigenous language helps this?
Wicked people

Pele Itoro, been behind the wheel from Lagos to Ogbomosho all day, hence my late response!
My earlier comment in English which you suggested I type in Yoruba is hereby reproduced below (I doubt if you're capable of reading a single word therein though!):
"O see se gan! Bawo ni o ro wipe awon omo ilu Jamani, Faranse, Esipanyo, Italo, Saina, Japanu, abbl se n ko isiro ni ile iwe won gbogbo?"

"Ati wipe ewo ni ti ede Geesi ninu isiro?"

3 Likes

Re: S-west Governors Consider Yoruba As Language Of Instruction by DunteMM(m): 4:57pm On Aug 31, 2013
[quote author=Ngwakwe]It's a good initiative and very commendable.
Notwithstanding, they should leave Lagos out of their Western Nigeria Protectorate or Regional integration.[/quote
Who is this silly person?Does this look like a forum full for clowns?this is a serious topic and not a joke.
Re: S-west Governors Consider Yoruba As Language Of Instruction by Nobody: 5:12pm On Aug 31, 2013
Dopestfiend:

imbe... Na washing machine dey use watch the movie abi.

looooz!
I meant washing clothes and watching a movie.
Re: S-west Governors Consider Yoruba As Language Of Instruction by tarano: 5:32pm On Aug 31, 2013
It's just too late in the game to do that now. We should have done that in the sixties not now.
Re: S-west Governors Consider Yoruba As Language Of Instruction by Italiano1: 5:38pm On Aug 31, 2013
ngozievergreen:

looooz!
I meant washing clothes and watching a movie.

Hahahahaha Ngozie you no go kill us o
Re: S-west Governors Consider Yoruba As Language Of Instruction by Ndkings1(m): 5:51pm On Aug 31, 2013
Kai!!! Dis one na non sense
Re: S-west Governors Consider Yoruba As Language Of Instruction by skyfall: 6:18pm On Aug 31, 2013
Many people seem not to be getting the message. Yoruba leaders have realized that the Nigeria project may eventually fail afterall and are already focusing their long-term plans on self-determination. I hope leaders from other regions are also learning from this and act before it's too late.

2 Likes

Re: S-west Governors Consider Yoruba As Language Of Instruction by tlops(m): 6:39pm On Aug 31, 2013
ILIDEFI: Many Yoruba graduates are terrible in English (both in their accents and d use of verbs), despite being taught in schools with English language. Can somebody now imagine how it would b in a couple of years time if dis new plan is implemented?
Let's face facts, dis move is anti-Nigerian. [b]How would a child from another region whose parents come to settle down in d southwest for wateva reason, b expected to cope wen enrolled in primary schools in d southwest, [/b]in d event of implementation of dis plan? Are we saying dat ppl must b restricted to their regions? Yorubas, think for Nigeria, for once.

Well, you have a valid point but nonetheless there will be schools (private) that will gladly attend to such need. Non Germans who live in Germany have to send their children to German speaking schools, the student may take extra hours in english class or send them to private schools where they use English.

But, nomatter what, english will still be taught and will still be a second language. Ipinle Eko is still part of SW and the hospitality of the people of Eko should not be taken for granted.

3 Likes

Re: S-west Governors Consider Yoruba As Language Of Instruction by Nobody: 7:26pm On Aug 31, 2013
Italiano1:

Hahahahaha Ngozie you no go kill us o
django,wat am i killing u with?
Re: S-west Governors Consider Yoruba As Language Of Instruction by MayorofLagos(m): 8:00pm On Aug 31, 2013
agbameta:

And the federal government dictates curriculum and teaching methods in elementary school right?

I know people in your side of the country think the FG is the beginning and the end of life and you can not breath without the federal government's help and say so, but we don't roll like that on our side, we do what's best for us.

FCUKKK your FG..

Yeah, why is that? Why is it the Igbos are the only ethnic group in Nigeria that tie their survivability to the unitary center?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Ambode, Lai Mohammed, Omotola, John Mahama At Lagos Tourism Summit / IPOB Autopilot Reacts To The BBC Article About Biafra / Stop Using APGA's Logo To Campaign For Jonathan, PDP Warns APGA

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 72
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.