Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,506 members, 7,885,134 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 12:25 AM

Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? - Religion (20) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? (32022 Views)

Confusion:was Jesus The First Person To Enter Heaven After His Resurrection??? / 14 Evidences For The Resurrection Of Jesus Christ / Jesus Did Not Go To Heaven Friday / Does Our "Spirit" Go To Heaven After Death? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by haibe(m): 9:01pm On Oct 09, 2013
ravgach:

God is both visible and invisible. That is why we call Him the Almighty - The El-shadai - The One who can do all things!

"Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power and riches and wisdom and might and honor and glory and blessing." And every created thing which is in heaven and on the earth and under the earth and on the sea, and all things in them, I heard saying, "To Him who sits on the throne, and to the Lamb, be blessing and honor and glory and dominion forever and ever." And the four living creatures kept saying, "Amen." And the elders fell down and worshiped." Revelation 5:12-14

Being visible or invisible does not reduce the Almightiness of the Godhead.

by visible I mean physical, anything spiritual is not visible.

So you are saying the father is also physical?

That wasn't your question btw, answer yours first.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by haibe(m): 9:04pm On Oct 09, 2013
ravgach:

I do not know what it is called. I do not believe in it. If you are asking me about the spirit of man which goes to God after death, then I will say the Bible calls it "spirit" or "soul" that is all.

I am not asking if you belief them or not, what are they called?

The spirit of the dead appearing to the living.

but seriously you are just too biased.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by haibe(m): 9:11pm On Oct 09, 2013
ravgach:

I do not know what it is called

But oga you lie pass devil oo, you don't know what the apparition of a dead person spirit is called in english? Even a second grade kid dare not tell me that.

Jesus! !

You are exposing yourself to me now, jeez..
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Nobody: 7:11am On Oct 10, 2013
ravgach:

So did JMAN say the so called disembodied spirit of the deceased can be seen physically like the disciples saw Jesus? Please answer this question.

I have said it repeatedly here that scripture does not support that your idea of spirit of dead people going up and down in the world.

Jesus was talking about evil spirit. He knows dead men do not walk about. You are deceiving yourself Haibe!

That you are rebelling against your church is entirely your business. The doctrines of the Bible are not hard to find. They are clearly there. It is the 'know-it-all' fellows who refuses to come under authority that wonder here and there acquiring false doctrines, that will not see them.

the bolded describes what you do so well. think about it some more.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Itsfacts: 7:32am On Oct 10, 2013
JMAN05:

God disembodied from which which body? all the angels disembodied from which body?

the bible says: there are earthly bodies and their are spiritual/heavenly bodies.

grab a dictionary close to you and learn. You are making me laugh
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Itsfacts: 7:37am On Oct 10, 2013
haibe:

Oo so now image means appearance abi?

I thought you said the image of the heavenly body doesn't mean appearance, lol.

If he is the exact image of the invisible God, how can he be visible?

hahahah don't you comprehend the English?
you are questioning the bible not me.

twice the bible says he is the exact image of the invisible God. Thank you full stop. Go and write your own bible and change that.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by haibe(m): 7:39am On Oct 10, 2013
Itsfacts:

grab a dictionary close to you and learn. You are making me laugh

I thought you said dictionary is wrong with the words DISEMBODIED SPIRIT and now you are asking someone to reference the wrong dictionary? lol
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by haibe(m): 7:43am On Oct 10, 2013
Itsfacts:

hahahah don't you comprehend the English?
you are questioning the bible not me.

twice the bible says he is the exact image of the invisible God. Thank you full stop. Go and write your own bible and change that.

no you are questioning the bible, the bible gave the perfect description of Jesus as a spiritual being in heaven and yet you still say Jesus is a physical man in heaven, you see yourself?
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Itsfacts: 7:44am On Oct 10, 2013
haibe:

I thought you said dictionary is wrong with the words DISEMBODIED SPIRIT and now you are asking someone to reference the wrong dictionary? lol
you never understand no be so. Disembodied means to exist without a body simple. If you say disembodied spirit you have to add "of the dead" it will tell the listener that you are talking about ghost of someone who died. See definition from longman dictionary

dis‧em‧bod‧ied

1 existing without a body or separated from a body:
disembodied spirits

2 a disembodied sound or voice comes from someone who cannot be seen

from the above angels exist with out a body they are wind, you cant see them.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Itsfacts: 7:48am On Oct 10, 2013
haibe:

no you are questioning the bible, the bible gave the perfect description of Jesus as a spiritual being in heaven and yet you still say Jesus is a physical man in heaven, you see yourself?

what verse?
and you still haven't said why job and Jesus have flesh when they resurrected. What about the other saints that resurrected and was seen by people when Jesus died? Were they with flesh or not? You say we will be invisible how come the town saw them.

thanks to the post from my friend benalvino
everything was explained, flesh and blood every single problem you have go and learn
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Itsfacts: 7:50am On Oct 10, 2013
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by haibe(m): 7:54am On Oct 10, 2013
Here there is no such word like disembodied spirit:
Itsfacts:

but spirits are disembodied. disembodied is a word on its own. no such word like disembodied spirit. you can say disembodied dead people but not disembodied spirit. it does not make sense and it is err.

Here there is a word like disembodied spirit:
Itsfacts:
you never understand no be so. Disembodied means to exist without a body simple. If you say disembodied spirit you have to add "of the dead" it will tell the listener that you are talking about ghost of someone who died. See definition from longman dictionary

dis‧em‧bod‧ied

1 existing without a body or separated from a body:
disembodied spirits

2 a disembodied sound or voice comes from someone who cannot be seen

from the above angels exist with out a body they are wind, you cant see them.

So you can see your contradiction?

You see how you are not willing to learn and thus going around with what you aren't sure of.

I don't just know what to say to you again
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by haibe(m): 7:58am On Oct 10, 2013
Itsfacts: https://www.nairaland.com/1471955/flesh-blood-resurrected-body-born

go and learn

I have read his post immediately he posted it yesterday, he was really going off point and assuming out of context, comparing flesh in Galatians 5 with flesh in Corinthians 15, this is purely out of context.

The same method people proving a physical ressurection use, all misconceptions.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by haibe(m): 8:03am On Oct 10, 2013
Itsfacts:

what verse?
and you still haven't said why job and Jesus have flesh when they resurrected. What about the other saints that resurrected and was seen by people when Jesus died? Were they with flesh or not? You say we will be invisible how come the town saw them.

thanks to the post from my friend benalvino
everything was explained, flesh and blood every single problem you have go and learn

Maybe you should start from page one to understand that Jesus was raised in a spiritual body but materialised in order to relate with his disciples, this question has been answered several times but you lack assimilation.

The question of job has already be answered but you are still going about disturbing yourself when you haven't answered my questions.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by haibe(m): 8:07am On Oct 10, 2013
haibe:

6 Who, being in the form of God, thought it
not robbery to be equal with God:
7 But made himself of no reputation, and
took upon him the form of a servant, and was
made in the likeness of men:
8 And being found in fashion as a man, he
humbled himself, and became obedient unto
death, even the death of the cross.
9 Wherefore God also hath highly exalted him, and given him a name which is above every name:

So this passage tells us Jesus is in the form of God, We know God is a spirit being, it means Jesus is also a spirit, Now my question is how can someone who has been a spirit being for eternity in heaven go back to heaven as a physical being?

How can a physical being dwell in a spiritual place? How will he see the spiritual beings in heaven? What is the assurity that he will nit die again since physical body wears out?

You refuse to answer this too.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Itsfacts: 8:08am On Oct 10, 2013
haibe: Here there is no such word like disembodied spirit:

Here there is a word like disembodied spirit:

So you can see your contradiction?

You see how you are not willing to learn and thus going around with what you aren't sure of.

I don't just know what to say to you again

look at meaning one. Tell me if disembodied did not stand on his own?

when someone die and the say disembodied spirit the next thing that follows is of the dead.

for argument sake.
disembodied = angels and every spirit because the don't require a body to exist.

disembodied spirit = dead person who left is body behind.
i ask jman again did Jesus become disembodied spirit? Who materialize and deceive his disciples saying i am not a spirit when he is a spirit. Did Jesus lie!!! Something they worry this guys o.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by haibe(m): 8:09am On Oct 10, 2013
haibe:

In order words Jesus is the odd one out in heaven right? Wow.

Also the bible is lying saying flesh and blood can't inherit heaven right?

The fact that Jesus has a hair like pure wool means he isn't in heaven with the physical body he died with or did he ressurect with hair like wool? No.

you can conpare his looks with the ancient of day ( a spirit being) in daniel 7:9.

King James Bible
His head and his hairs were white like WOOL, as WHITE AS SNOW; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; (Rev 1:14).

So tell me, this is how a physical being looks right? you are such a jerk.

Tell me he has grown old oo.

Compare with the ancient of days in Daniel 7:9.

I beheld till the thrones were cast down,
and the Ancient of days did sit, whose
garment was WHITE AS SNOW, and the hair of his head like the pure WOOL: his throne was like the fiery flame, and his wheels as
burning fire.

So can we also say the Ancient of days is also a physical being since He is like "physical Jesus"?

You guys won't kill me with laugh here gringrin

And this too, please answer.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by haibe(m): 8:12am On Oct 10, 2013
Itsfacts:

look at meaning one. Tell me if disembodied did not stand on his own?

when someone die and the say disembodied spirit the next thing that follows is of the dead.

for argument sake.
disembodied = angels and every spirit because the don't require a body to exist.

disembodied spirit = dead person who left is body behind.
i ask jman again did Jesus become disembodied spirit? Who materialize and deceive his disciples saying i am not a spirit when he is a spirit. Did Jesus lie!!! Something they worry this guys o.

But why are you a liar, you said no such thing as disembodied spirit and then you quoted a dictionary where disembodied spirit is used forgetting you have initially said no such thing like disembodied spirit.

Guy be truthful, you don't need to lie because of an argument.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Itsfacts: 8:12am On Oct 10, 2013
haibe:

You refuse to answer this too.

why should i answer? When you show ignorance and refuse to understand English. Ok let me analyze

he was in the form God.
he took the form human. Form has changed from spirit to humans. If you have seen me you have seen the father.

he died God exalt him.

so show me where the bible says he took a form again to i.e he took the form God again? Like the way he was before he came to earth?

benalvino answered it for you i mean Daniel you quote.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Itsfacts: 8:15am On Oct 10, 2013
haibe:

But why are you a liar, you said no such thing as disembodied spirit and then you quoted a dictionary where disembodied spirit is used forgetting you have initially said no such thing like disembodied spirit.

Guy be truthful, you don't need to lie because of an argument.

ohboy read my post. I said disembodied spirit are 2 words merge together and went on and say disembodied stands on his own.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by haibe(m): 8:21am On Oct 10, 2013
Itsfacts:

You are still assuming the word spirit Jesus meant is spiritual being, you don't just want to learn that spirit is a very complex word especially in archaic english and that is why modern translations use ghost in order to show the true intent of the word spirit in that verse.

the spirit Jesus says he was not is the "disembodied spirit of the deceased(ghost)", he wasn't saying he is not a spirit being like God and the angels.

Ok is the disembodied spirit of the dead(ghost) the same as the spirit being which God is?

Please answer. .
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by haibe(m): 8:24am On Oct 10, 2013
Itsfacts:

ohboy read my post. I said disembodied spirit are 2 words merge together and went on and say disembodied stands on his own.

Okay is the dictionary right by saying DISEMBODIED SPIRIT?
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by haibe(m): 8:32am On Oct 10, 2013
Itsfacts:

why should i answer? When you show ignorance and refuse to understand English. Ok let me analyze

he was in the form God.
he took the form human. Form has changed from spirit to humans. If you have seen me you have seen the father.

he died God exalt him.

so show me where the bible says he took a form again to i.e he took the form God again? Like the way he was before he came to earth?

benalvino answered it for you i mean Daniel you quote.

Is benalvino your god?

benalvino went off point, he didn't answer the question

Rev 1:14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; 1:15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

this is how john described Jesus, now is this how a physical beings looks like? the Jesus that was crucified is this how he looks like?

Can we also say the Ancient of days is a physical being since daniel described him like Jesus here?
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Itsfacts: 8:33am On Oct 10, 2013
haibe:

Okay is the dictionary right by saying DISEMBODIED SPIRIT?

lol it is 2 words merge together don't you get simple explanation?
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Itsfacts: 8:37am On Oct 10, 2013
haibe:

Is benalvino your god?

benalvino went off point, he didn't answer the question

Rev 1:14 His head and his hairs were white like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were as a flame of fire; 1:15 And his feet like unto fine brass, as if they burned in a furnace; and his voice as the sound of many waters.

this is how john described Jesus, now is this how a physical beings looks like? the Jesus that was crucified is this how he looks like?

Can we also say the Ancient of days is a physical being since daniel described him like Jesus here?

haha. He answered it. That is how the glorified body looks like. The body will change. No be you say the body will change? Compare it to the transfiguration of Christ.

no off topic benalvino nailed it. Not like your own god jman who seem to contradict him self and could not answer my question.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by haibe(m): 8:43am On Oct 10, 2013
Itsfacts:

lol it is 2 words merge together don't you get simple explanation?

Is it correct to say DISEMBODIED SPIRIT of the dead?
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by haibe(m): 8:45am On Oct 10, 2013
Itsfacts:

haha. He answered it. That is how the glorified body looks like. The body will change. No be you say the body will change? Compare it to the transfiguration of Christ.

Is this glorified body a physical body or a spiritual body?
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Itsfacts: 8:46am On Oct 10, 2013
Assignment for you. Open any dictionary and search the word disembodied spirit let me know if you find any.
and tell me what the dictionary writes as the meaning.

you cant spell a word like disembodied spirit on scrabble

if that is a dictionary word then you are saying spoilt car is a dictionary word when it is 2 different word brought together to form a meaning or explain the state of the car being spoilt.

there are words like handbag this are not 2 words but one dictionary word. You see the difference?
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by Itsfacts: 8:48am On Oct 10, 2013
haibe:

Is this glorified body a physical body or a spiritual body?

physical. Jesus says he has flesh. Job says he has flesh. Isaiah says dead corpses will arise.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by haibe(m): 8:51am On Oct 10, 2013
Itsfacts: Assignment for you. Open any dictionary and search the word disembodied spirit let me know if you find any.
and tell me what the dictionary writes as the meaning.

you cant spell a word like disembodied spirit on scrabble

if that is a dictionary word then you are saying spoilt car is a dictionary word when it is 2 different word brought together to form a meaning or explain the state of the car being spoilt.

there are words like handbag this are not 2 words but one dictionary word. You see the difference?

pronunciation(IPA): /ɡəʊst/(IPA): ghost

The disembodied spirit; the soul or spirit of a deceased person; a spirit appearing after death; an apparition; a specter.

The mighty ghosts of our great Harries rose. — Shakespeare.
I thought that I had died in sleep/And was a blessed ghost.— Coleridge

Is the dictionary right by saying THE DISEMBODIED SPIRIT?
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by haibe(m): 8:58am On Oct 10, 2013
Itsfacts:

physical. Jesus says he has flesh. Job says he has flesh. Isaiah says dead corpses will arise.

Wow really?

Rev 1:14 His head and his hairs were white
like wool, as white as snow; and his eyes were
as a flame of fire; 1:15 And his feet like
unto fine brass, as if they burned in a
furnace; and his voice as the sound of many
waters.

Was this how Jesus looked when his disciples saw him?

So Jesus eyes were like flaming fire and they could still behold him without dying? when even john who only saw it in a vision fell as dead.

So Jesus voice was like the sound of many waters and they could here him?

The bible says his feets were like fine brass, please where are the pierced holes here

lol gringrin this guys no go kill me for here.
Re: Do We Go Straight To Heaven After Death, Or After The Resurrection? by ravgach: 9:02am On Oct 10, 2013
haibe:

Haibe, why not first 'cure' yourself of this your inability to differentiate between "Spirit" and "spiritual". This will help you to be principled and become stable. All these 'floating' and 'chameleonic' contributions are becoming distractions I must confess.

(1) (2) (3) ... (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (Reply)

Prophetic Outlook For 2013 By Dr Olukoya D.K. / Controversial: Real-life Angel Fell From The Sky In London? (photos) / What Right Does A Pastor Have Disgracing Someone Openly During Service?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 66
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.