Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,116 members, 7,916,262 topics. Date: Friday, 09 August 2024 at 07:06 PM

What Did You Learn At Church Today? - Religion (15) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Did You Learn At Church Today? (41873 Views)

Women Working At Church Children's Chapel (Photos) / Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / Photos: Pastor Bakare's Surprise Birthday Celebration At Church And SNG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Nobody: 11:09am On Jul 16, 2007
@Papakanah

I equally received a copy of that testimony from a friend of mine, But something is missing, and i'm sorry to say this, i discovered that the man was held captive for days atleast 7 days.

My curiosity makes me to wonder how the battery of his phone wasn't dead for that long period of time. Such that he was able to make calls after his release. Well it could be another miracle, but ordinarily phone battery gets flat after some few days, but for more than 7-10 days

Pardon my curiosity. It could be a miracle as well.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Nobody: 10:57am On Jul 19, 2007
No Bible, No Breakfast
No Scripture, No Supper.

I was encouraged to reading the Bible first and last thing each day.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by hamabra(m): 12:32pm On Jul 19, 2007
my pastor taught us on forgiveness, he said for our destiny sake forgiveness is a must, cos that is only when our request recieves attention of the heavenly hosts.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by pilgrim1(f): 12:26pm On Jul 20, 2007
@OlowoTee,

Thanks for that up there. Although it's not an ascetic idea, I was greatly encourage in a recent Bible study as to the importance of digesting the Word in our hearts.

-------------------

@hamabra,
Very true, yours.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by wifeypenth(f): 8:52am On Jul 21, 2007
That Jesus paid the price of my sins,so anyman who be in Christ will av atonement of sin.so therefore if u believe in Him,u will neva be found wanting.
Twas a vigil,tho i slept smal bt i got d msg.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by software(m): 11:22pm On Jul 22, 2007
jesus is lord
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by wifeypenth(f): 1:23am On Jul 23, 2007
Rapture is real,explanation of d book of Revealation
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by pilgrim1(f): 11:29am On Jul 23, 2007
What it means to live honestly.

So many people talk about 'truth'; but honestly goes deeper - it reveals the motive of the heart.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Nobody: 11:45am On Jul 23, 2007
What i learnt,

Speak Evil Of No Man.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by pilgrim1(f): 12:05pm On Jul 23, 2007
OlowoTee:

What i learnt,

Speak Evil Of No Man.

Lol. . . but speaking the truth in love would necessarily have to include exposing evil. wink
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by otuwe(f): 12:30pm On Jul 23, 2007
pilgrim.1:

Lol. . . but speaking the truth in love would necessarily have to include exposing evil. wink

speak evil of no man period

condemn evil not the man
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by pilgrim1(f): 12:35pm On Jul 23, 2007
otuwe:

speak evil of no man period

condemn evil not the man

Just what have I said that is significantly different from what you're trying to whip up?

In exposing evil, you expose those who give themselves to that. If you want to start an argument over nothing, please bring it - and be ready with your Bible to hand.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Nobody: 12:38pm On Jul 23, 2007
that's true, You condemn sin and not the doer. In criticising also, you are to do it lovingly and constructively.  It makes a whole lot of sense.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by otuwe(f): 12:41pm On Jul 23, 2007
lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

i no fit shout
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by pilgrim1(f): 12:45pm On Jul 23, 2007
I don't suppose that I've mentioned "condemning" anyone.

What do you make of these verses:

2 Tim. 3:13 - "But evil men and seducers shall wax worse and worse, deceiving, and being deceived."

2 Pet. 2:1 - "But there were false prophets also among the people, even as there shall be false teachers among you, who privily shall bring in damnable heresies, even denying the Lord that bought them, and bring upon themselves swift destruction."

Let me remind you of what I said:

pilgrim.1:

Did that sound like I was asking anyone to start condeming others?  undecided
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Nobody: 12:51pm On Jul 23, 2007
otuwe:

lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed lipsrsealed

i no fit shout

@Otuwe
But you don't need to shout, just say your view and that's all. I understand what Pilgrim is driving at, and i know you do, Say on. cheesy
I'll get some tom-tom for you if you need to shout  grin  grin  wink  wink
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Nobody: 1:06pm On Jul 23, 2007
pilgrim.1:

Did that sound like I was asking anyone to start condeming others? undecided

No, lipsrsealed
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by pilgrim1(f): 1:07pm On Jul 23, 2007
God bless you O! No wahala again! grin
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by otuwe(f): 1:28pm On Jul 23, 2007
@olowotee
if its the pilgrim i know, if i tell her good morning, she wud ask me for biblical refernce to dat grin grin grin grin

dats y i said i no fit shout.

@pilgrim
girlfriend stop assuming everything i post here is directed at u.

i only used ur post as a refernce to my advise.

there really shouldnt be any clause.

speak evil of no man is simple enough

we only twist it to suit ourselves.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by pilgrim1(f): 2:09pm On Jul 23, 2007
@otuwe,

otuwe:

@olowotee
if its the pilgrim i know, if i tell her good morning, she would ask me for biblical refernce to that grin grin grin grin

E be like say you dey follow me around O! That's just what my b/f said to me this a.m.! shocked grin

otuwe:

that is y i said i no fit shout.
lipsrsealed grin

otuwe:

@pilgrim
girlfriend stop assuming everything i post here is directed at u.

I'm afraid I didn't assume it so.

otuwe:

i only used your post as a refernce to my advise.

No wahala.

otuwe:

there really shouldnt be any clause.

speak evil of no man is simple enough

I agree as to speak evil of no man; but me being "pilgrim", I no dey hear word! grin
That's why I made the teaser that speaking the truth means there's no way we can avoid exposing those who give themselves to it.

otuwe:

we only twist it to suit ourselves.

As they do so many things.

Enjoy. wink
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Nobody: 2:11pm On Jul 23, 2007
grin
grin
grin
Pilgrim is that true, that for every statement Otuwe makes, she must supply a Bible reference?.  grin  grin

I guess she didn't do much of CRK n school grin grin lol, Pls spare her.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by pilgrim1(f): 2:30pm On Jul 23, 2007
make una see wetin my girfriends dey do to me today! grin

No mind otuwe! We neva even greet finish before she asked me for Bible verse in anoda thread! grin
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by otuwe(f): 4:11pm On Jul 23, 2007
pilgrim dear

you know am learning from the best [size=15pt]u[/size]

i must ask for bible verse from now on
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Nobody: 5:16pm On Jul 23, 2007
**** laughing**** grin

thumb up for you dear(s). Guess i'm learning too.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Nobody: 9:48pm On Jul 23, 2007
learnt about prayers yesterday.
That God wants us to commune with him.
He loves us to draw closer and closer to him.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Nobody: 3:47pm On Jul 25, 2007
I learnt that I'm to be content with what I have. With reference from Proverbs 30:7-9
"Two things have i required of thee; deny me them not before i die:
Remove far from me vanity and lies: give me neither poverty nor riches: feed me with food convenient for me:
Lest I be full, and deny thee, and say, Who is the Lord? or lest I be poor, and steal, and take the name of my God in vain
."
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by toshmann(m): 8:46am On Jul 28, 2007
today no be church grin and the way the day is going, e be like say i fit miss church tommorow sef
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Oracle(m): 4:24am On Jul 30, 2007
Unfortunately, I didn't make to church yesterday
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by OLAADEGBU(m): 12:33pm On Jul 30, 2007
One of the things I learnt in church yesterday was about what I will call the 3 G's of our Christian journey:  Grace, Godliness and Glory.  Titus 2:11-14. 

G[/b]race gets us ready for [b]G[/b]odliness and [b]G[/b]odliness prepares us to partake of His [b]G[/b]lory.

11For the[b] grace
of God that bringeth salvation hath appeared to all men,

12Teaching us that, denying ungodliness and worldly lusts, we should live soberly, righteously, and godly, in this present world;

13Looking for that blessed hope, and the glorious appearing of the great God and our Saviour Jesus Christ;

14Who gave himself for us, that he might redeem us from all iniquity, and purify unto himself a peculiar people, zealous of good works.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Nobody: 1:00pm On Jul 30, 2007
@Olaadegbu
I love that passage of the scripture, "For the grace of God that bringeth Salvation has appeared unto ALL Men". hmmh, The grace of God that brings salvation, justification, healing, etc. Thank God for His Grace.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by pilgrim1(f): 4:12pm On Jul 30, 2007
On worship:

John 4:24 - 'God is a Spirit: and they that worship him must worship him in spirit and in truth'

Ours is a privileged generation because Christ has provided the basis for nearness to God such as was not known before His first coming.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by OLAADEGBU(m): 5:26pm On Jul 30, 2007
@OlowoTee,
I also learnt of the acronym of G.R.A.C.E:  [b]G[/b]od's [b]R[/b]iches [b]A[/b]t [b]C[/b]hrist's [b]E[/b]xpense, or [b]G[/b]od's [b]R[/b]edemption [b]A[/b]t [b]C[/b]hrist's [b]E[/b]xpense.

(1) (2) (3) ... (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) ... (23) (Reply)

How Nigerian Churches Are Taking Advantage Of Technology To Make Global Impact / SA Mob Beat Up Cele Pastor Accused Of Selling Drugs, Running Brothels (pics) / Healing Water Discovered In Nachi, Oji In Enugu State

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.