Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,972 members, 7,873,124 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 08:25 AM

What Did You Learn At Church Today? - Religion (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / What Did You Learn At Church Today? (41631 Views)

Women Working At Church Children's Chapel (Photos) / Homeless Man Inspired Me To Go To Church Today (Photo) / Photos: Pastor Bakare's Surprise Birthday Celebration At Church And SNG (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (23) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by pilgrim1(f): 9:56am On Aug 12, 2007
Heb. 10:24 & 25
"And let us consider one another to provoke unto love and to good works: Not forsaking the assembling of ourselves together, as the manner of some is; but exhorting one another: and so much the more, as ye see the day approaching."

Enjoy Church today. Seek to do something special for someone. . . perhaps, even a warm handshake and an assuring smile could go a long way to encourage someone. wink
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by darfur(m): 10:31pm On Aug 12, 2007
i no go church
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by aloib(f): 1:02am On Aug 13, 2007
darfur:

i no go church
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by darfur(m): 7:24am On Aug 13, 2007
@aloib
wetin?
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by aloib(f): 8:56am On Aug 13, 2007
lol, was to lazy to type so i just quoted u
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by pilgrim1(f): 9:16am On Aug 13, 2007
Church was beautiful. We had a guest speaker; his message was simple, concise and the service was shorter than normally used to be. . and I personally wished it would have lasted a bit more, lol.

Jesus demonstrated His love to us as a matter of His heart. For the many centuries to the present, His love is still offered freely, richly,. It is not something to merely carry us through the week; but His love is constant - and will continue all through our eternity with Him.

". . . having loved His own which were in the world, He loved them unto the end" - John 13:1.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by chiegemba(f): 9:54am On Aug 13, 2007
@ topic; In church yesterday learnt about God's Gift and 1 of his gifts might b him callin u 2 do his work. He could actually use d things dat r most irrelevant to the eyes of men and make it very significant in other 2 Glorify his "Name".
Besides dat the love of God is so overwhelming dat if we put our whole trust in him hewould neither leave us nor forsake us although we might b chastised because its still d process of our growth in Christ. smiley
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by somze(f): 3:26pm On Aug 14, 2007
The Lord is my Shepherd
I shall not want
He makes me to lie down in green pastures
He leads me besides still waters
He restores my soul
He leads me in the path of righteousness so the glory would be He's
Yes, though i go through life and ultimately die, i'll not be afraid.
Because YOU are with me.
You're chastising and leading let me know You care.
You become my servant, attending to my needs even when enemies are jealously around.
You make me royalty and give me things i do not deserve
Surely goodness and mercy shall follow me everyday that i leave
and I will remain with you forever and ever
Amen

Psalm 23, paraphrased by moi
Stay blessed ya'll
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by OLAADEGBU(m): 8:27pm On Aug 16, 2007
I learnt the concluding part of our expository study of God's Word (this week) from Matthew 6:9-13

9 Pray, therefore, like this: Our Father Who is in heaven, hallowed (kept holy) be Your name.

10 Your kingdom come, Your will be done on earth as it is in heaven.

11 Give us this day our daily bread.

12 And forgive us our debts, as we also have forgiven (left, remitted, and let go of the debts, and have given up resentment against) our debtors.

13 And lead (bring) us not into temptation, but deliver us from the evil one. For Yours is the kingdom and the power and the glory forever. Amen.

The study was on the Divine Guidance and Protection Through Prayer vs. 13
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by pilgrim1(f): 8:41pm On Aug 16, 2007
Wow! I watched that last night on a Christian channel while on evening shift! I had the tele on in the lobby visitor's and guest's room as I half-watched and half-busied myself. cheesy
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by OLAADEGBU(m): 9:24pm On Aug 16, 2007
I missed that broadcast yesterday.  The channel must have been on "sky" satellite channel 765 Revelation TV showing from 20:00 on Wednesdays. 

Nevertheless, this is the summary of what I learnt at this week's bible study.  Matthew 6:13

"And lead us not into temptation"  Jesus was here cautioning us against self-confidence and over confidence as He teaches us to pray like this.  If He had to pray who are we not to.  He teaches us to pray that God will prevent us and protect us from the path and power of temptation.   Matthew 6:13; 26:41; 1 Cor. 10:13; Jas. 1:13-16

"deliver us from evil"  He teaches us that our safety and security is in our God who has all power to deliver us from evil.  He is able and willing to deliver us from evil.  This petition is a prayer of deliverance from all evil of whatever kind, not only from sin but from all its consequences- fully and finally.  Ps 121:7; Jer.15:21; Jn 17:15; Gal 1:4; Heb 2:14,15; Job 28:28; Prov 4:23-27; Deut 13:1-5. 

"For Thine is the kingdom, and the power, and the glory, for ever.  Amen".   This doxology gives us unshakeable assurance to expect the answer to our prayer, and this can be summed up in the words of Adam Clarke; "God is the eternal, independent, and self-existed Being whose purposes and actions spring from Himself.  He is absolute in dominion; the most pure, the most mighty and powerful, infinitely benevolent, beneficent, true and holy, the Creator and upholder of all things; infinitely perfect and eternally self-sufficient; illimitable in His immensity and indescribable in His essence; known fully only to Himself.  He is infinite in wisdom; He cannot err or be deceived and from His infinite goodness, can do nothing but what is eternally just, and right and kind".  This God is our Father and to Him we pray.  From eternity past till eternity future with the present time in between our God is the King of power and glory.  Matt.6:13; Ps.10:16;47:2,7-9;145:10-13; 72:18,19.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Nobody: 12:09pm On Aug 17, 2007
@Olaadegbu

Real expository study.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by wwwpastor1: 10:48am On Aug 18, 2007
Let us always pray that the word of the Lord will always be available. If His word is available, then those seeking Him in truth and in truth will be edified.

Pray for preachers also, that they will be useful in His Hands.

Men ought always to pray and not to faint says the Master.

God bless you.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by somze(f): 7:22pm On Aug 18, 2007
ola adegbu
Nice station, nice word.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Nobody: 8:49pm On Aug 21, 2007
On the recent Bible study i attended, the topic was on Christ's Teaching on Prayer and Fasting. I learnt that we experience supernatural power when we pray with fasting. Our fasting throws a challenge to God to answer our prayers!! wink

The Scripture reading was from the book of Matthew 6:19

16Moreover when ye fast, be not, as the hypocrites, of a sad countenance: for they disfigure their faces, that they may appear unto men to fast. Verily I say unto you, They have their reward.

17But thou, when thou fastest, anoint thine head, and wash thy face;

18That thou appear not unto men to fast, but unto thy Father which is in secret: and thy Father, which seeth in secret, shall reward thee openly.

The study was summarized into 3 sub-topics

1. SCRIPTURAL PATTERN OF PERSONAL PRAYER AND FASTING
Matthew 6:16-18; Psalms  35:13,14; 69:9,10; 109:21-27; Nehemiah 1:4-6; Jeremiah 36:6,7; Daniel 9:3,4,20-23; Acts 9:8,9,15-20; 10:1-6,30-33,44

2. SUPERNATURAL POWER THROUGH PURPOSEFUL PRAYER AND FASTING
Matthew 17:19-21; Luke 4:1,2,14-21,32; Deuteronomy 9:18-20; 34:10-12; Psalm 68:35; Acts 13:1-12; 14:23; 2 Corinthians 6:1-7; 1 Corinthians 2:4,5; Isaiah 40:28-31.

and lastly,

3. SURPASSING POSSIBILITIES OF PREVAILING PRAYER OF FAITH
Mark 11:22-24; James 5:15-18; Ephesians 2:8-10; Acts 15:9; 26:18; 3:16; Ephesians 6:16; Matthew 9:29; Mark 9:23; Romans 4:17-21; John 14:12-14; Hebrews 11:5,11,17-19,29.30,32-34.

There's power when we as Christians Fast and Pray, we shouldn't just fast for the sake of it, but purposefully and prayerfully, It shouldn't be a dry fasting, wherein NO FOOD, NO SCRIPTURE READING, NO DRINK etc. Cos, Reading of the Scripture while fasting makes a whole lot of difference, we hear Him speak to Us.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by pilgrim1(f): 1:06pm On Aug 27, 2007
And so it's another week. I trust we all had a very good weekend. Is there anything during the week you'd have wished to change if it was up to you? Are there things you'd have loved to do? Here's another week: and after it's spent, would you have testimonies. . or regrets?

Romans 14:6-8
"He that regardeth the day, regardeth it unto the Lord; and he that regardeth not the day,
to the Lord he doth not regard it. He that eateth, eateth to the Lord, for he giveth God thanks;
and he that eateth not, to the Lord he eateth not, and giveth God thanks. For none of us liveth
to himself, and no man dieth to himself. For whether we live, we live unto the Lord; and whether
we die, we die unto the Lord: whether we live therefore, or die, we are the Lord's."

It's not too late to make plans for a very good week. Do it to the glory of the Lord.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by cgift(m): 2:01pm On Aug 27, 2007
Jol 2: 28-29 with reference to Prov. 29:18. to emphasize the import of VISION in the journy of a christain.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by bigfred(m): 10:40am On Aug 28, 2007
The sunday service was wonderful,the message was titled "WINNING THE WAR AGAINST SIN'' i learned that i need the help of the holy spirit (my convenant purifier) to overcome satan and his bag of tricks. Also, that i need to put on the whole armour of God i.e truth, righteousness and faith to win the war over sin,Ephesians 6:10-19
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by ssRhino: 1:43am On Sep 03, 2007
That i shuold not see my God via the eyes of people but with my own eyes, and the seasons of blessing is near.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Nobody: 10:05am On Sep 03, 2007
I learnt that Great things happen when we prayerfully endure trial and persecution with Gracious attitude.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by larriederm(m): 10:53am On Sep 03, 2007
THANKS FOR THIS QUESTION!
we read psm 65 vrs 11. the word of god said: HE CROWNETH THE YEAR WITH GOODNESS AND ITS PATH TO DROP FATNESS! meaning that this remaining months ''ber'' is going o be for the beliver months of remember. not month of calamity as pple use to say. halleluyah.

pls how can i raise question to pple in these forum? thanks
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by awarun(f): 12:38am On Sep 06, 2007
What I learnt on sunday "The power of life and death is in the tongue" (1 king 17 vs 10-17). We atimes prophesy evil and death for ourself and others when we are in difficult situations or are confused.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Nobody: 1:37pm On Sep 06, 2007
larriederm:

please how can i raise question to people in these forum? thanks

Since you're a registered member, all you've got to do is to locate the section wherein your question'd be appreciated, Religion, Education, Career, Job etc click on the "New Topic" Button found on the Page, you might need to scroll down to the end of the page to get this button or rightly above you!, it's beside the "Mark as read" and "Notify" button. Give the question an appropriate title   wink thereafter, you move into the "editable" column and write your full question. lipsrsealed Do i really make sense to u?! I hope so grin

All the best.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by cgift(m): 3:04pm On Sep 07, 2007
larriederm:

THANKS FOR THIS QUESTION!
we read psm 65 vrs 11. the word of god said: HE CROWNETH THE YEAR WITH GOODNESS AND ITS PATH TO DROP FATNESS! meaning that this remaining months ''ber'' is going o be for the beliver months of remember. not month of calamity as people use to say. halleluyah.

please how can i raise question to people in these forum? thanks

larriederm, which church do you go to. We used that sam scripture in church on Sunday.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by 9ja4eva: 3:15am On Sep 10, 2007
Walking in Dominion over Sicknesses and Diseases 1
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by cgift(m): 8:45am On Sep 10, 2007
Gen. 2 : 23 - 24.

Adam was satisfied with wife when God brought her to him.
He namd the woman herself.
Yet he blaMED God for giving her to him when he was supposd to admit his mistake.
Eve was very submissive despite allegations; she uttered not a word.
We men behave same way today. The woman we saw, loved, and claimed to be the best woman in the
world and took to the altar, is the same woman we now say is good for nothing. Did she chang ovrnight and what caused the change?

Summary;
Singles, LOOK BEFORE YOU LEAP.
Married, THINK BEFORE YOU TALK.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Bosdem(f): 9:39am On Sep 11, 2007
To pay my tithes and sow seeds
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by lateefah79: 12:07pm On Sep 11, 2007
our TONGUE was the sermon,we are to mind the way that we use our Tongue.
to reward good for evil,neva take arevenge,
leave am all for baba God.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Infidel: 6:06am On Sep 16, 2007
Church is boring! Used to go there when i was a kid. Slept all through. The same belloni every sunday and they could not just explain the most important thing. Does God exist? Everytime, some wise guy would come and start quoting things from the bible to prove god exists, but the main question, where is he? Some would say in my heart, but all i see are arteries and ventricles. Some would say in my soul, but yet again, what is a soul? some would say is around me, but all i see are tables, chairs and objects. Others would go a lil bit far and say am spiritually blind but yet again, what is a spirit? Have you seen one? and if they is, why does it choose to roam about in a lifeless form which then begs the question, where is god?

So if you can't answer this simple question of how he exists, then you shouldn't say you learnt anything in church because what you dont see, you dont profess and you don't expansiate on grin
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by Reverend(m): 8:54am On Sep 16, 2007
To celebrate the human body and pleasures that we can bestow on each other.
Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by darfur(m): 5:53pm On Sep 16, 2007
sorry guys for going a little bit off topic. . . . . .please may i use this opportunity to raise the awareness that there is an inhuman but man made disaster going on in the world in a place called darfur. please let us call on God to intervene as it is getting more obvious that human beings are not able to stop that disaster

remember, when you hear that 200,000 are dead. . . they are 200,000 human beings, just like you and me, created in the image and likeness of God and also loved by God, let us take 2 seconds or more to ask God to help out in that region and restore peace and humanity in Jesus name . . .AMEN.

Re: What Did You Learn At Church Today? by atutupoyo(f): 10:01pm On Sep 16, 2007
Topic: Don't run with ur anointing, we should not say we want to die or run from one church to another looking for solution God is available where u are.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (23) (Reply)

Saint Dikeji Miyerijesu Receives Lexus Jeep As Birthday Gift From Church Members / German Church Opens Doors For Muslim Worshippers During Ramadan / Pastor Enenche Leads Prayer Walk For Nigeria In Abuja

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 75
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.