Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,632 members, 7,951,627 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 07:48 PM

You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? - Travel (13) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? (133729 Views)

Some Courses To Study In Nigeria Before Coming Over To America / I Finally Got To America-thanks Nairaland! / Diversity Visa Immigrant? Welcome To America (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (35) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Oct 04, 2013
chiboy1928: Guy u bad oh why u come dey open dose guys nyash for here some guys don they boil for here now oh u beta pick race b4 them hammer u!!!

Bwahahahahaha

I just had to quote that post when she said she lives in a house with swimming pool and she's only been there for four years. The woman in question is barely educated, so how the fecky fvck did she buy a house with swimming by being a road sweeper, or a cleaner? Most Nigerians lie too much, to be honest. I can't deal!! grin

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by manny4life(m): 9:13pm On Oct 04, 2013
biafranqueen: This December is going to be the bomb in Nnewi grin Are you married?

Married ke? Mba o...

I know, my mom keeps telling me how great it's gonna be... Besides, I want to meet up with my Umunna to discuss a whole lot stuff...

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by alaladakosta(f): 9:14pm On Oct 04, 2013
shymexx:

Bwahahahahahaha

This post had me laughing hysterically. Poverty is definitely a disease. Nigeria messed up so many people's mentality that every little thing better than what's attainable in naija automatically becomes paradise. Nigerians tell more lies than lucifer!! That's how a lot of them lie to those back home that they're balling in London, however, most of them are just existing in shared apartments, or married to women who boss them around like slaves. grin grin grin I can't deal!!! grin grin

Anyway, no place on this planet is perfect, you just have to make the best out of every situation you find yourself.

hey mr oga, u can Lol till eternity bout my post,the fact still remain u cant compare life in UK to that in America,so if ur dude dey lie give boyz back home u think na so everybody be?no be u wey no dey commot for nairaland be this?i doubt u get job for uk wey u dey self.come i don see how una the suffer for uk there cus i was there with my fam last year for summer Hols.im speaking for 98% of nairalander in yankee we no dey suffer here,though we have our reservations bout the system here but we still dey manage am. plus we go rather relocate back home to 9ja than to say we wan relocate to una foolish UK.wait i don hear countless pple wey dey uk wey say dem wan come yankee,but i never hear person wey say yankee tire am wey wan relocate to UK. PLEASE dont quote me again,else......

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by chiboy1928(m): 9:16pm On Oct 04, 2013
biafranqueen: This December is going to be the bomb in Nnewi grin Are you married? If not the babes going to follow you like flys on boo boo tongue Business opportunities are ripe in Nigeria my Dear but you need to go before everything shuts down December is holiday undecided
why are u asking him if he is married are u indirectly proposing online nne nwanyo nwanyo biko !!!
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by ozoemeka(m): 9:17pm On Oct 04, 2013
Now you are truly from Chicago, not that round the way guy who claims he has an mba from Loyola C

soul_glo:

Though I am happy that someone is letting people know that the roads are not paved with gold in the US I have to disagree with you on much of what you wrote. Most African Americans do not have it hard because they are African Americans. Some have it hard because many choose to have the mentality that because they are black they cannot make it. Many black immigrants come here and not being raised with that black American experience soon surpass their American neighbors (black and white). If you throw that attitude out the window and work hard you will be just fine. When things were slow for me it was not because I am black. It happened because with everything there is a process and I understood that. You keep saying that people in America are wishing to go back to Nigeria...... so let them go. Those in Nigeria wishing to come to America cannot come easily. Those here that want to go back home can go without restrictions. So when established lawyers and doctors say they want to go back and keep talking about it for years and do not go back then you should know that they do not want to go back. Human beings by nature will eventually complain even when they live better than most. There are black people in this country that are running things and many more of them that run businesses that employ people of all races and backgrounds. If you come to the US expecting to make a million dollars in your first year expect to be disappointed. You can eventually make that but expect to really work for it. As you should.

Also just to make a point on how people dress and talk. If you were ghetto in Nigeria you will be ghetto anywhere you go. If you behaved properly in Nigeria you will also understand the importance of carrying yourself with dignity and respect. So you can put lipstick on a pig but it is still a pig whether in Ajegunle or the south side of Chicago
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Nobody: 9:17pm On Oct 04, 2013
Get a degree whether associate, bachelors or whatever you'd be ok. Have your own business and watch everything fall in place.

Any kind of ish that will make me answer "yes sir" to a white man or foreigner God punish am
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by imperiouxx(m): 9:18pm On Oct 04, 2013
chiboy1928: my guy go and sit down not me and u abeg if u haven't been out of the country before that ur problem we are just advising u that it not dat sweet and honey as u taught ok!

lolzzz! You're just a clown. grin Who needs advice about the US here..... Me or you?? grin grin
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by centralgee: 9:18pm On Oct 04, 2013
Y'all should leave great America alone and let her breath biko. Come home, stay home and let's develop our our beloved Nigeria to a point where even the Americans would love to migrate here. We have to start from somewhere. It can and must be done!
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by biafranqueen: 9:18pm On Oct 04, 2013
manny4life:

Married ke? Mba o...

I know, my mom keeps telling me how great it's gonna be... Besides, I want to meet up with my Umunna to discuss a whole lot stuff...
hahaha becareful oo the best of the best will be chasing you your a hot cake. Don't go for the flashy one's that look Americanized it never works get you a serious village gal no Brizialian weave chicks or former beauty queens, or gals that look like they toning aka bleaching grin Be very careful and never think about marrying and leaving her there unless you plan on doing blood test on all ur pekin
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by ozoemeka(m): 9:19pm On Oct 04, 2013
Changed when?

I was in DC for the Delta Sigma Theta Sorority Centennial this July and that place is still looking like a GHETTO!

Reincarnated: shocked @OP have u seen DC recently? The place don dey change oh.. That Ghetto looking area near Howard University has changed tremendously. The ugly looking view of Shaw Howard metro is gone. New blocks of apartment were just recently built and there are now bars and restaurants around 6th street. Infact to my surprise, there's now a mixture of both civilized people and gangsta's roaming round the streets.
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by InvertedHammer: 9:19pm On Oct 04, 2013
/
No matter how bad US is, you can never compare it to Nigeria.

Hey for one, I can sleep better at night and go out anytime I want.

No country inhabited by humans is perfect. But Nigeria is not even a place.

Which is why I don't understand why Nigerians are religious...No Nigerian living in Nigeria should
ever be threatened with hell fire...I don't think HELL with be worse than Nigeria.

Life expectancy of 47?

Odds are stacked against you in Nigeria....Govt, police, military, agbero, politicians, education, women, bribery, corruption,
NEPA, road accident, air mishap, armed robbery, poison, uncle/aunt in the village, your peers, fraudsters, ASUU, doctors,
NASU, mechanics, judges, no clean water, no "FRESH AIR", mosquitoes, rent, omo onile...etc. Jeeeeeeeeeeesus Christ!

Every thing is a damn freaking problem of its own

5 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by manny4life(m): 9:19pm On Oct 04, 2013
chiboy1928: why are u asking him if he is married are u indirectly proposing online nne nwanyo nwanyo biko !!!

Haba, you heard the lady, she's married... Biko, don't disrespect her and her husband..

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by alaladakosta(f): 9:19pm On Oct 04, 2013
shymexx:

Bwahahahahaha

I just had to quote that post when she said she lives in a house with swimming pool and she's only been there for four years. The woman in question is barely educated, so how the fecky fvck did she buy a house with swimming by being a road sweeper, or a cleaner? Most Nigerians lie too much, to be honest. I can't deal!! grin

Lolzzz @ " the woman in question is barely educated" nna men, wetting person no go hear for here.me sleeper abi na cleaner u call am?see, cleaner in america fit drive range rover n live the best of life. i don see many africans without education self dey make meaning with thier life. i no say na the pool wey i mentn freak u out,bobo u need to open ur eyes. i no say 90% of yankee resident wey dey here go gladly tell u how its dey go for them 'cept some loser.
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by roxell120(m): 9:20pm On Oct 04, 2013
ozo_emeka: It is WAY better coming to America, KNOWING what you want to do AND having SOME Money to do so. Money answereth all things in America. If you come here with money, you will be treated like royalty (to a degree {you are still black} and to the level of your money) . Do research on what you want to do, see if it is feasible, get money, then come to america, achieve your goal and head the fuccckkk back out because this country will EAT YOU and YOUR PROFIT Up! Why do you think American billionaires all GO OUTSIDE america to invest? They are not stupid. So you who is NOT a billionaire should NOT BE either.

ur emphasis on this is truely with passion and u must ve spent a gud number of years over there.my question is this, when are u packing home ? this is because without hearing this many of us(novice) would definitely think ure decieving us for I've seem guys that went there with bare hand and came back very rich in my neighborhood. anticipating ur reply.
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by biafranqueen: 9:20pm On Oct 04, 2013
centralgee: Y'all should leave great America alone and let her breath biko. Come home, stay home and let's develop our our beloved Nigeria to a point where even the Americans would love to migrate here. We have to start from somewhere. It can and must be done!
That is our plan and trust me it is happening already not just back to Nigeria but back to THE EAST!!!! wink
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by ozoemeka(m): 9:20pm On Oct 04, 2013
That is NOT what you did. And if you read you would see that I ACKNOWLEDGE that Nigerians do well. However to BE ONE OF THOSE, Research properly and make an informed decision. Mr 5th class MBA

Lucasbalo: . Thank you my brother and God blessings on you . That was what I was trying to get across and the OP went ballistic.
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by samkizi: 9:21pm On Oct 04, 2013
is that so
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by roxell120(m): 9:22pm On Oct 04, 2013
ozo_emeka: It is WAY better coming to America, KNOWING what you want to do AND having SOME Money to do so. Money answereth all things in America. If you come here with money, you will be treated like royalty (to a degree {you are still black} and to the level of your money) . Do research on what you want to do, see if it is feasible, get money, then come to america, achieve your goal and head the fuccckkk back out because this country will EAT YOU and YOUR PROFIT Up! Why do you think American billionaires all GO OUTSIDE america to invest? They are not stupid. So you who is NOT a billionaire should NOT BE either.

ur emphasis on this is truely with passion and u must ve spent a gud number of years over there.my question is this, when are u packing home ? this is because without hearing this many of us(novice) would definitely think ure decieving us for I've seem guys that went there with bare hand and came back very rich in my neighborhood. anticipating ur reply.
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by roxell120(m): 9:22pm On Oct 04, 2013

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by manny4life(m): 9:22pm On Oct 04, 2013
biafranqueen: hahaha becareful oo the best of the best will be chasing you your a hot cake. Don't go for the flashy one's that look Americanized it never works get you a serious village gal no Brizialian weave chicks or former beauty queens, or gals that look like they toning aka bleaching grin Be very careful and never think about marrying and leaving her there unless you plan on doing blood test on all ur pekin

Unfortunately, my mom has this "arrangee", mu na my mom enwego nghotafio maka this same issue, so I decided, m jeluo, ma fu onye obu.
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Nobody: 9:22pm On Oct 04, 2013
alala dakosta:

hey mr oga, u can Lol till eternity bout my post,the fact still remain u cant compare life in UK to that in America,so if ur dude dey lie give boyz back home u think na so everybody be?no be u wey no dey commot for nairaland be this?i doubt u get job for uk wey u dey self.come i don see how una the suffer for uk there cus i was there with my fam last year for summer Hols.im speaking for 98% of nairalander in yankee we no dey suffer here,though we have our reservations bout the system here but we still dey manage am. plus we go rather relocate back home to 9ja than to say we wan relocate to una foolish UK.wait i don hear countless pple wey dey uk wey say dem wan come yankee,but i never hear person wey say yankee tire am wey wan relocate to UK. PLEASE dont quote me again,else......

Freshie, because I'm on the internet 24/7, that automatically means - I'm jobless - nah? Ever heard about IT security analyst? I doubt you have since you can barely out words together.

Lmao at life being better in America than the UK - bwahahahahahaha. grin grin grin grin grin Poverty is definitely an incurable disease!! If only most of you bums over there can afford the rent in London, then I'll probably rate you a little bit. Just a little bit. Anyway, who cares about where Nigerians move to? Heck, there are Nigerians in Malaysia, Kenya, Cambodia and all the shytehole of Europe a la Eastern Europe.

Just get a life and stop telling porkies!!

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by ozoemeka(m): 9:23pm On Oct 04, 2013
1 out of about 2 million who want to go to America. Let's say there are 100 000 more of your uncle, calculate that percentage

bootlegaz: My cousin came to the United States in the early 1980's . Dude worked as a janitor while attending college and later married a white lady for papers. He remained focus and went ahead to become a Surgeon. Part of his hobby now is to buy land from people that are in dying need of money in Owerri. I doubt he knows how many properties he has. Most of his secondary school pals in Nigeria are employed by him in Lagos. He owns a gigantic warehouse in Lagos.
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Ralphlauren(m): 9:23pm On Oct 04, 2013
alala dakosta:

Absolute rubbish.

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by ozoemeka(m): 9:24pm On Oct 04, 2013
I have learned
harsysky: No matter how people delibrate on this issue , the fact still remains that a wise person ll pick one or two things from it while a fool ll see it as nothing.*jst saying no offence*...dnt waste ur precious tym tryna change peeps choice of living dia precious lives..
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by chiboy1928(m): 9:24pm On Oct 04, 2013
I will neva wish ma enemy to travel to uk dat country is Bleep wit the population of nigerians here making it worst than hell so terrible!!!

1 Like

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by MsNas(f): 9:24pm On Oct 04, 2013
imperiouxx:

[size=15pt]Ta! Stop lying to the public.[/size]

Since you said America is a dead country, have you been to the US before liar?! angry angry
Lmaooo! Yaff die grin
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by Nobody: 9:24pm On Oct 04, 2013
Africans are the cause of their own problem,imagine someone created a thread openly for debate and is trying to open good points up for debate so that people can also debate on the issue ,but some people are already taking his point personally and are turning it into quarrel,@op good job jare,you are trying to make people coming to america to be prepared and not think america is just a place that u will just get to and become a millionaire,america also have its good and bad side so no one should think that america is a total paradise like they watch on movie,that is why I like holly-wood they always try to use their movie to promote their country in a very good way,they show the best and finest cities in their country,they make you see the love among americans even though it happens in movies and when people watching the movie sees all those things they feel eager to want to go to america,I remembered the day I was watching a documentary on cnn showing some areas at ikoyi I was like what the Bleep?so naija self fine like this?,I now imagined if an average american is always watching the documentary that is always showing the beautiful places in nigeria that will also make them to believe that nigeria is totally beautiful,let's talk about our country positively,just like a friend of mine in america said that an average american that has not even eaten,that do not even have money to eat will still be claiming "GOD BLESS AMERICA" but here in naija even the rich ones and the poor ones na swear dem dey always swear for this country.lol

7 Likes

Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by olahero(m): 9:24pm On Oct 04, 2013
Godson201333: I am living in Europe and i am starting to believe that this racism thingy can be favorable at times.You see that is why Europe is very cleaned and organized than USA.I know there too and when i say very clean i mean very clean but the racism here is higher than USA.

It is just because we black people some of us are violent,dangerous and some do not even have focus.If you see people fighting here they are blacks,If they organize a party they are gonna fight at the end,many of us are just bad..

The rate of blacks going to school here too is very low,we just wanna make quick money.
huh have you forgotten what lead some out of this country? it's Poverty, so now tell me, what are you expecting 90% of Nigerian stay abroad to be doing? please don't blame them, our leaders are our problem, at least they are going their always, or they blind? and you can NOT be expecting their back to black land to be begging again for money to sulf Garri, so please BLACKS IN OUTSIDE, WORK HARD, AND BE SERIOUS, DON'T BE A VAGABOND.
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by ozoemeka(m): 9:25pm On Oct 04, 2013
He is merely a Social worker and lives in a condo for $1950? And owns 2 cars? LMAO priorities or just silly Naija mentality

manny4life: My friend who got hit with a $20,000 + tax penalty and he's been crying foul since beginning of this year. Yes he makes $40.50/hr as a social worker for Fairfax County here in Virginia, he has more than 20+ years of experience, go ask him about savings, dude has NONE. Yes he has a great job, but as soon as he earns his money, it goes this way - Condo and fee ($1,950), Electricity ($150), Car Insurance ($280 for his two cars), and the list is ENDLESS. Abegi, I'm tired of this place jare...
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by imperiouxx(m): 9:26pm On Oct 04, 2013
Ms Nas:
Lmaooo! Yaff die grin

Na so, I see am oooo. Hear the guy saying America is a dead country. Chei! Ms. Nas, you're a zombie grin grin grin grin
Re: You want to COME TO AMERICA - Do You REALLY Know America? by ozoemeka(m): 9:26pm On Oct 04, 2013
chiboy1928: Do you wonder while americans and the british come to nigeria to invest example they don't pay tax here in nigeria as much as they pay in they own country and they have a lot of chances compare to wen they are back home so u see dat the opportunity they have and they come to our country make a lot of money because they see the opportunity we don't see!!!

(1) (2) (3) ... (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) (15) (16) ... (35) (Reply)

All About Banana Island Lagos State, History And Exclusive Pictures / Nigerians In Sweden, How Is The Economy And Life Generally / Thread For Nigerians In Other African Countries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 90
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.