Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,823 members, 7,942,082 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 07:35 PM

Is My Wife The Devil's Agent? - Family (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Is My Wife The Devil's Agent? (11213 Views)

Having Sex With A Lactating Wife-the Implications / I Can Deal With My Wife The Way I Please--chidi Odiah[soccer Star] / Wigwe (Beaten Ambassador's Wife): The Other Side Of The Story (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Is My Wife The Devil's Agent? by princessk1: 6:34pm On Jul 14, 2008
wifepalava:

Now that this is all out in the open my wife knows about it and she is standing by me. We have prayed that this bad period should blow over and I already promised God I will never cheat again no matter what my wife does.
She also feels bad because she realises that I would not have lefy home if she did not start the shouting again. We are hoping that we can start our lives anew.
Thanx to those who had harsh words for me because I deserve it. For those who think I should not have gone to marry an uneducated woman I can only say if you meet my son you will not be able to say such a thing again. He is the best boy in the world and I don't think it would have been good to make him a product of a broken home. On the whole I have regrets for going to a woman who is now trying to get me into trouble but I have no regrets for deciding to marry my wife.
I am awaiting a possible court appearance but I don't believe that I can be found guilty of something that I did not do. God is in perfect control.

you are not serious, so you are saying you are living a life of sacricice for your son,well done martyr. of course she will stand by you, what choice does she have? you think she will want to come back to naija being illiterate and all? so even if she is killing you you will stay because your son cannot come from a broken home well i hope he doesnt grow up thinking its normal for women to shout at men, better a broken home than him becomin a sissy

2 Likes

Re: Is My Wife The Devil's Agent? by tpia: 8:01pm On Jul 14, 2008
wifepalava:

Now that this is all out in the open my wife knows about it and she is standing by me. We have prayed that this bad period should blow over and I already promised God I will never cheat again no matter what my wife does.
She also feels bad because she realises that I would not have lefy home if she did not start the shouting again. We are hoping that we can start our lives anew.
Thanx to those who had harsh words for me because I deserve it. For those who think I should not have gone to marry an uneducated woman I can only say if you meet my son you will not be able to say such a thing again. He is the best boy in the world and I don't think it would have been good to make him a product of a broken home. On the whole I have regrets for going to a woman who is now trying to get me into trouble but I have no regrets for deciding to marry my wife.
I am awaiting a possible court appearance but I don't believe that I can be found guilty of something that I did not do. God is in perfect control.

Its good she's being supportive, since what's done cant be undone. The main thing now is to find a solution to the current problem.

People fight- its no big deal unless the couple wants to make it so.

I think the main issue about your wife's lack of education is you have to go the extra mile in accomodating her, and also get her started in that area. Lack of education is something that can be remedied any time as long as there is commitment.After all, you saw other qualities that made you marry her.

People were criticizing the education aspect because that's how you presented it- as if its something you regret. However, you were most likely just speaking in annoyance. I'm sure by now you're aware when there's marital problems, most times the man will get way more support than the woman. Especially in a Nigerian setting, where the woman will always get the blame regardless if its justified or not. Its what you say about your wife that people will use to attack her.

Anyway, hopefully you'll never experience this kind of trouble again.
Re: Is My Wife The Devil's Agent? by chika98: 4:41am On Jul 15, 2008
And it is the woman who ends up with the short stick! Men I swear eh you lot cannot handle emotional issues at all! Anyone who says they can should come out and say it now. A good woman is the one who actually holds a home together. I feel so bad for your wife! I do hope you learn from this experience.
Re: Is My Wife The Devil's Agent? by WendyRao: 11:17am On Jul 15, 2008
FGHDGDGH
Re: Is My Wife The Devil's Agent? by bixqo3: 3:41pm On Jul 17, 2008
It seems you're very proud of her lack of education, after all you married her. Let me guess you thot you could oppress an uneducated girl but it backfired, She's oppressing YOU!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Is My Wife The Devil's Agent? by wifepalava: 6:31pm On May 11, 2009
bixqo3:

It seems you're very proud of her lack of education, after all you married her. Let me guess you thot you could oppress an uneducated girl but it backfired, She's oppressing YOU!!!!!!!!!!

no thank you. we have actually resolved it now
Re: Is My Wife The Devil's Agent? by wifepalava: 6:33pm On May 11, 2009
Thank you to everyone who gave some thought to my plight.

The case was thrown out of court without going to a jury trial today because there was insufficient evidence for a trial. Life has been almost unbearable for the past year or so. I will try and move on with my life now.
Re: Is My Wife The Devil's Agent? by JustGood(m): 1:59pm On May 12, 2009
congratulations. I pray things work out well for you
Re: Is My Wife The Devil's Agent? by joinnow: 10:24pm On Nov 02, 2011
Never “Allow Place for the Devil”
1 Since humans are imperfect, it may not be easy to maintain a peaceful home. For instance, external pressures may result in stress that could rob the home of peace. But applying Paul’s counsel at Ephesians 4:26, 27 can contribute to the tranquillity of our homes. Paul wrote: “Be wrathful, and yet do not sin; let the sun not set with you in a provoked state, neither allow place for the Devil.” Even if a husband or a wife justifiably becomes angry on occasion, neither of them should ever let this angry state become a sin by remaining in a provoked state and harboring animosity. May we never let the peace disturber, Satan the Devil, rob our Christian homes of peace!—1 Peter 5:8.
2 For domestic peace, of course, each marriage mate must apply Bible counsel. If a problem causes some disruption, praying together for God’s spirit can result in the displaying of its fruitage and the restoration of domestic peace. (Luke 11:13; Galatians 5:22, 23) Yes, even under the most trying circumstances, this course will help to make the home a place of rest and peace.
Re: Is My Wife The Devil's Agent? by joinnow: 10:32pm On Nov 02, 2011
Husbands and Wives—Conquer Conflict With Communication
THE FAMILY—Haven of Peace?
The weapons are words aimed with chilling precision to pierce weak spots in one another’s emotional armor. Even ranting, screaming, hitting, and throwing things are the daily fare of families that have declared open warfare. Other families, though, have ceased battling openly and have withdrawn behind barriers of silence and tearful frustration. Yet for the most part these are family members who care about their relationships with one another. What prevents them from getting the warmth they desperately want from their homelife? How can conditions be improved? The following articles provide some realistic answers.
JOAN and Paul had what many felt was a “perfect marriage.” Paul, however, became emotionally involved with his work. ‘When I came home, all I wanted to talk about were the exciting challenges on my job. Though I would give Joan a perfunctory kiss and hug, my mind was on something else,’ confessed Paul. Joan did not share this enthusiasm for his work. Struggling as a young mother, she felt neglected and left out. This bred resentment, since Paul was insensitive to her emotions.
After a while Joan no longer cared. When Paul poured out his problems, she responded with callous indifference. She had ‘walked out’ emotionally. Despite his being an able provider and she a capable mother, they had deprived each other of a basic need and a most significant gift—intimacy of heart. They became strangers emotionally, and this lack of personal communication was slowly destroying their marriage.
A Need of the Heart
A “fundamental function of marriage,” according to counselors Marcia Lasswell and Norman Lobsenz, may be “getting and giving . . . [emotional] support to each other.” Because of the assaults from the world around us, such support from those we love is vital. Lack of it deeply hurts, and “because of the pain of the heart there is a stricken spirit.” (Proverbs 15:13) One’s self-confidence and spirit can be shattered.
When the heart is pained because of the insensitivity of one’s spouse, anger often flares. “When he just sits there telling me I’m too emotional, I get so mad,” stated one wife. “I wind up crying and feeling terrible.” Or as Paul felt: ‘I noticed that when we were alone together, Joan showed little enthusiasm, but as soon as someone called or visited, she was so excited with them, ignoring me completely. I was crushed and at the same time angry because I felt as if I was being used. I provided for her, and yet she acted as if she preferred the company of others.’
Some couples choose to suffer in silence, becoming, in effect, “great pretenders,” as if all is well in their marriage. But the body feels what the brain chooses to ignore. Chronic pain, headaches, a knotted stomach, depression, frigidity, and impotence are reported to doctors by people with unresolved marital conflicts. Often, the increasing hostility culminates in a split. Researchers estimate that one half of first marriages now taking place in the United States will end in divorce.
But what can be done to conquer conflict and develop intimacy? The secret: Apply Bible principles. God, who made the heart and the mind, knows our emotional needs. Therefore, the Bible, which contains his counsel, provides the finest guidance. A couple must not only know but sincerely try to apply this inspired advice. If applied, the Bible can help a couple to meet each other’s emotional needs adequately.—Ephesians 5:22-33.
“I Don’t Know What She Wants”
It is not easy to recognize the emotional needs of one’s spouse. A person may hesitate to spell out his or her needs to others because of fear of rejection, further hurt, or disillusionment—or may not know what such needs are. “I swear, I don’t know what she wants,” admitted one husband. “She keeps saying we have to talk, and then when we do, it always turns out I’m saying the wrong thing. . . . So I get worried about it, and I don’t say anything.”
The Bible, though, shows that, rather than clamming up like this husband, you need to show discernment. “By wisdom a household will be built up, and by discernment it will prove firmly established,” states Proverbs 24:3. Therefore, try to discern what is behind your mate’s actions or remarks. Ask yourself: Why is he or she telling me this? What does he or she really want or need?
At times, a wife may perplex the husband with her volatile emotions. But “a man of discernment is cool of spirit” and seeks to ‘draw up’ from her the real problem. (Proverbs 17:27; 20:5) Is she struggling with some oppressive emotional load? (Compare Ecclesiastes 7:7.) Is her hostility concerning the time you get home from work really an outcry against your indifference and lack of affection? Or have you hurt her by some thoughtlessness? Is extra effort—and time—needed to smooth matters over? Discerning the need, however, is only the first step.—Proverbs 12:18; 18:19.
Building Intimacy
In the Bible, Job stated that the words of his mouth would strengthen the listener. (Job 16:5) This applies also in marriage. Sincere expressions that enhance the self-worth of your spouse are reinforcing. “You husbands,” commands the Bible, “continue dwelling in like manner with [your wives] according to knowledge, assigning them honor [viewing as precious; especially dear] as to a weaker vessel, the feminine one.” (1 Peter 3:7) When you make your wife feel precious, her hostility often melts.
Of course, according to custom, couples are emotionally closer in some lands than in others. Yet, regardless of the local traditions, husbands who apply the Bible in their marriage see the value of getting emotionally closer to their wives. Knowing that she is cherished by her husband makes it easier for any wife to bare to him the depths of her heart, and this increases their happiness.
“A good listener,” states the book The Individual, Marriage, and the Family, “has the capacity for making the other person feel that he is especially valued and what he is saying is of concern and significance.” Therefore, couples who wish to cultivate intimacy should pay attention to how they listen. An active listener gives his mate full attention and attempts to understand what that one is saying without interrupting, arguing, or changing the subject. Empathetic listening, as well as the cultivating of an unselfish personal interest in the matters of your mate, is the lifeblood of intimacy.—Philippians 2:3, 4.
To improve intimacy, marriage counselors further suggest: (1) Learn to confide in your spouse rather than in someone else. (2) Create some quality time each day, or at least weekly, without distractions, when you can pour out feelings and thoughts. (3) Share small everyday happenings with each other. (4) Regularly show affection in little things—giving a small but unanticipated present, doing a chore the other dislikes (without being asked), leaving a loving note in the lunch box, or giving an unexpected touch or hug.
However, even devoted couples will still disagree at times. The suggestions in the box shown above can help to prevent such arguments from escalating into marriage wreckers.
Even if disagreements become serious, refuse to give up on your marriage. One couple, whose conflicts had led to a separation, reconciled by reading together the Bible’s counsel on marriage at Colossians 3:18, 19 with the determination to apply this. When straightforwardly discussing the feelings that caused resentment, both asked: “Why didn’t you tell me before that you felt that way?” They listened and tried to see the other’s point of view. Now, after their being back together for nearly a decade, the husband acknowledges: “Things have only got better, thanks to the beautiful counsel in Jehovah God’s Word. Our happiness was worth the effort.”
[Box on page 4]
Emotional Support—How Important?
“Most couples who have an enduring marriage have a deep appreciation of the emotional security of that marriage.”—Dr. April Westfall, Marriage Council of Philadelphia.
“This inability to apprehend the logic of emotions lies at the root of much of the discontent between the sexes, and helps to make marriage the most difficult of all relationships.”—Worlds of Pain—Life in the Working-Class Family, by Lillian Rubin.
“Men’s confusion and consequent lack of responsiveness to their wives’ emotional needs is both a cause and an effect of unhappiness in many marriages.”—Psychology Today, October 1982.
[Box on page 5]
Resolving Arguments
• Set a mutually acceptable time and place to talk.
• Pinpoint the issue and stick to it.
• Have attitude of problem solving, not winning.
• Focus on the present, not on unrelated past events.
• Have only one person talk at a time.
• Try not to attack personally nor hold grudges.
• Be specific, yet sensitive to spouse’s feelings.
• Avoid mind reading. Ask for clarification.
• Be open to giving and receiving feedback.
• Avoid sarcasm and name-calling.
• Be willing to compromise for the sake of your marriage.
Re: Is My Wife The Devil's Agent? by Nobody: 7:23am On Mar 19, 2016
Op i am in the same shoe with you. Infact i dont even know what to do again. My own wife sits and instigate troubles everyday of my life. In as much as i try to ignore her troubles, the more she does it to get at me. She says words like i married her to suffer nd what not. Infact my brother i cant write all the bullshit she says.

1 Like

Re: Is My Wife The Devil's Agent? by GboyegaD(m): 7:46am On Mar 19, 2016
coolier:

If I may ask what's the level of your education? You've been abroad for seven years, went home and the only lady that is attracted to you and you chose to marry as huge as Nigeria is, is the "uneducated". That speaks volumes about yourself.

When did it become a crime to marry an uneducated woman?
Re: Is My Wife The Devil's Agent? by tpiar: 7:52am On Mar 19, 2016
I remember this thread, one of the scripts for the plethora of rape accusations afterwards.
Re: Is My Wife The Devil's Agent? by Dheartless: 8:07am On Mar 20, 2016
pogolowa1:
Op i am in the same shoe with you. Infact i dont even know what to do again. My own wife sits and instigate troubles everyday of my life. In as much as i try to ignore her troubles, the more she does it to get at me. She says words like i married her to suffer nd what not. Infact my brother i cant write all the bullshit she says.
this is 2016, the best way out is a divorce.
Re: Is My Wife The Devil's Agent? by Nobody: 1:19pm On Mar 20, 2016
My brother divorce and let my children suffer from broken home. Fact i dont know what to do am so helpless. I feel like my energy is draining.
Re: Is My Wife The Devil's Agent? by yvelchstores(f): 4:17pm On Mar 20, 2016
princessk1:

you are not serious, so you are saying you are living a life of sacricice for your son,well done martyr. of course she will stand by you, what choice does she have? you think she will want to come back to naija being illiterate and all? so even if she is killing you you will stay because your son cannot come from a broken home well i hope he doesnt grow up thinking its normal for women to shout at men, better a broken home than him becomin a sissy
just let peace reign will u!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Mums Help!! Drinking Cold Water After Delivery / Marriage : Define A Wrong Person? / Staying With Someone: How Long Is Too Long

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.