Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,608 members, 7,944,804 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 04:34 AM

Travelling To Canada Part 5 - Travel (157) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Travelling To Canada Part 5 (627251 Views)

Travelling To Canada Part 9 / Travelling To Canada Part 8 / Travelling To Canada Part 7 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by justicia: 12:53pm On Nov 25, 2013
Hello House! Abeg does anybody knw the best College in Canada for a PGD in Law or the top 5 Colleges in Canada for PGD in Law. Thanks!
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Oluwarote: 12:54pm On Nov 25, 2013
kclexa:

Please follow the normal procedure Recomended by the embassy to wait for medical instruction before undertaking your medicals.

Any medical money paid is at applicant's risk

Thanks Bro.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Oluwarote: 12:59pm On Nov 25, 2013
ChriGo: .....yes its possible...but not advicable.....

Thanks ChriGo
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by funnyem: 1:17pm On Nov 25, 2013
NasdaQ:
She shld if she can, after all it shld b refundable. But if she's lookin 4 an alternative, she can look 4 accommodation outside campus, where most landlords give a 1yr contract and you only have to pay for the first and last month of d contract. Thats what I did. This system makes more sense cos she can get a 1yr contract without havin to pay for the full year. I hope this info helps

Thank u very much! Did u have anybody dere that spoke wif the landlords on ur behalf or how were u able to get the 1year contract?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by marycosmas: 1:20pm On Nov 25, 2013
I need reply oh oga Chrigo, Fhemmy and other advanced nairalanders am a newbee here oh how do I handle this delay from D embassey its 4months now since I submitted my application still to be contacted
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by kike100: 1:26pm On Nov 25, 2013
I posted er for the first time yesterday and discovered u guys a a bunch of great but naughty people who has taken serious matters lightly for sanity sake!!! Thank you for cracking up my morning!!!! U rock!!!!

Please is it possible for myself and hubby to apply for student visa separately so that both of us are together in the cold(abi Ruth oo..lol) not necessarily the same school but the same state?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Euopal(m): 1:37pm On Nov 25, 2013
marycosmas: I need reply oh oga Chrigo, Fhemmy and other advanced nairalanders am a newbee here oh how do I handle this delay from D embassey its 4months now since I submitted my application still to be contacted
I advise u go 2 d cdhc 2mao. fill the enquiry form so that they can locate your file immediately and work on it.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 1:47pm On Nov 25, 2013
kike100: I posted er for the first time yesterday and discovered u guys a a bunch of great but naughty people who has taken serious matters lightly for sanity sake!!! Thank you for cracking up my morning!!!! U rock!!!!

Please is it possible for myself and hubby to apply for student visa separately so that both of us are together in the cold(abi Ruth oo..lol) not necessarily the same school but the same state?

Over to Chrigo and miss bon..

Ghost mode! cool
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 1:58pm On Nov 25, 2013
miss bon: lol@harmattan, am good, hope u gud too? smiley

Yea, I am do-pe. Enjoy yourself!

Ghost mode! cool
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by linus27(m): 2:04pm On Nov 25, 2013
I want to ask a question? to all those that are already in canny,do you guys bath at all ? grin just wondering with that kind of weather grin please tell us how you guys dey manage bath or una no dey bath? cos this weather you are talking about is far far below freezing point grin please o no yab me o na question i ask o
Fhemmmy:

Get yourself a nice jacket (Dont be too fashion minded for now oh), a winter boot that could withstand -40 weather and wear an underpant, and the rest is all golfs and socks and get a winter hat, you will be good.
In one word, wrap yourself like a xmas present . . . . cheesy

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ajokyjoky: 2:24pm On Nov 25, 2013
@ Chrigo,Don Siga or Oga Phemmy kindly help to retrieve the post on Canadian Institutions and their tuition fees for international students or post the link. I could recall that it was posted in Part 4 but can't remember the exact page.

Thanks in advance
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by edunwanegbo: 2:29pm On Nov 25, 2013
Pals please is their anybody that have idea of Housing... accommodation price in Toronto?
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ajokyjoky: 2:30pm On Nov 25, 2013
linus27: I want to ask a question? to all those that are already in canny,do you guys bath at all ? grin just wondering with that kind of weather grin please tell us how you guys dey manage bath or una no dey bath? cos this weather you are talking about is far far below freezing point grin please o no yab me o na question i ask o

The houses are usually warm with the heating on...most houses use firewood heating to reduce electricity costs though ...the firewood heating is always extremely hot...you will only have to worry when you step out of the house to go to school. Houses and classrooms have heating 24/7 and if NEPA takes light due to snow storms like we are experiencing in some places now (usually 1-2 days maximum) then u go burn firewood to heat up your house and boil bathing water too. Remember, you feel warmer when you bath.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by greatheights: 3:10pm On Nov 25, 2013
kclexa:

Omo na 500 dollars a month o! Abeg no try do the conversion to naira That na money for better 3 bedroom flat plus gateman wey go dey wash my motor for naija.

This Canada investment done dey pass handshake, kneeshake done join.

Omoh! Owo tabua niyen o. *drops mic*
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by rilly2000: 3:15pm On Nov 25, 2013
marycosmas: Pls Nairalanders any one with idea on what to do next should pls reply me my application has been submitted since 24th july and I hav not been contacted or Email
Na to storm CDHC now... Canadain Deputy High Commission
Address : 4, Anifowoshe street, Victoria Island, Lagos
Inquiry time : 6:00am to 9:30am every Tuesday and Thursday
grin
HOPE THIS HELPS
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by greatheights: 3:23pm On Nov 25, 2013
ChriGo: ...lwkmd.. cold no dey look uche face ooo...when cold begin slap am...greatheights go change to lowheights grin.....

Cold aint beans o, u go c cold to move mouth talk sef go b indian seasonal film.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by rilly2000: 3:26pm On Nov 25, 2013
Abegi... This one weh una dey fear -10, -15 degrees temp, wetin you want me weh dey go SASKATCHEWAN do..., Our own dey reach -40 deg *Temp Tabua* (in @chrigos voice) angry angry cheesy

Abeg, I need Bigtime Orientation from My Oga's or anybody that's already in Regina or Saskatoon Sharpally, because I no wan run back inside plane if I don reach Saskatoon for January o cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Siga: 3:26pm On Nov 25, 2013
linus27: I want to ask a question? to all those that are already in canny,do you guys bath at all ? grin just wondering with that kind of weather grin please tell us how you guys dey manage bath or una no dey bath? cos this weather you are talking about is far far below freezing point grin please o no yab me o na question i ask o
....Taps run both hot and cold water.... houses are always heated and anywhere u go is heated... na only outside be the wahala....
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Siga: 3:27pm On Nov 25, 2013
.... I sight u oo... u know urself... grin

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by rilly2000: 3:31pm On Nov 25, 2013
@Chrigo and @MissBon
This una LOVE STORY na season film oo...
And e go make sense if it happens for real 'cos na all nairalanders go dey present for the wedding!

We go even pick Nairalanders Aso Ebi grin grin grin

LOL

2 Likes

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 3:35pm On Nov 25, 2013
kike100: I posted er for the first time yesterday and discovered u guys a a bunch of great but naughty people who has taken serious matters lightly for sanity sake!!! Thank you for cracking up my morning!!!! U rock!!!!

....Hmmm!! Apply seperately?....When u're not ChriGo and Miss bon grin....Anyway i would like to ask who really wants to study?....You or ur hubby?.....Cuz if na for u and ur hubby to collabo inside cold its not a big deal...Either u or ur hubby should apply for the student visa then The other spouse can join not via the student route but better route(Student spouse unification tinz with work permit)....

1 Like

Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by ChriGo(m): 3:40pm On Nov 25, 2013
rilly2000: @Chrigo and @MissBon
And e go make sense if it happens for real 'cos na all nairalanders go dey present for the wedding!

LOL
....LWKMD....Bad guy grin...
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by apple08(m): 3:46pm On Nov 25, 2013

Na only outside cold.. If ur inside ur house or malls or skool, u fit wear shorts self no wahala, but outside na the main issue. Especially outside when u dey wait for bus for bustop.. Na there u go hear am.
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by rilly2000: 3:49pm On Nov 25, 2013
ChriGo: ....LWKMD....Bad guy grin...
TRUE TALK MY BRO cheesy
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by missbon(f): 3:49pm On Nov 25, 2013
LOL@nairalanders aso ebi, e go make sense grin
rilly2000: @Chrigo and @MissBon

LOL
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by greatheights: 3:49pm On Nov 25, 2013
claycares: Please how do I write a very good statement for my LLM? I need a sample please. Secondly, uCalgary says 2nd Class upper or 3.0 of 4.0 grading system but I grad with a 3.7 of 5.0 grading, what are my chances of securing a spot. Thank you peeps.

2nd question, frm my interpolation das a 3.75 on a scale of 4,
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 3:51pm On Nov 25, 2013
Omo I don dey fear! Me wey be say, nah Ibadan cold dey deal with me. How I go manage for Canny?! *thinking aloud*

Ghost Mode! cool
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by Nobody: 3:53pm On Nov 25, 2013
miss bon: LOL@nairalanders aso ebi, e go make sense grin

I'm in esp the best man smiley
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by rilly2000: 3:54pm On Nov 25, 2013
miss bon: LOL@nairalanders aso ebi, e go make sense grin
YES NOW!
ME, MYSELF AND I WILL SEW AGBADA grin grin
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by rilly2000: 3:57pm On Nov 25, 2013
Amefrica: Omo I don dey fear! Me wey be say, nah Ibadan cold dey deal with me. How I go manage for Canny?! *thinking aloud*

Ghost Mode! cool
WHICH SIDE YOU DEY FOR IBADAN
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by NasdaQ: 3:59pm On Nov 25, 2013
funnyem:

Thank u very much! Did u have anybody dere that spoke wif the landlords on ur behalf or how were u able to get the 1year contract?
Yea i did, my bro. He handled everything 4 me. Knowing someone there that can help out makes it more easy. Ask her to discuss other options for accommodation with the school and also ask for assistance in gettin one outside school
Re: Travelling To Canada Part 5 by decision01: 4:00pm On Nov 25, 2013
ChriGo: .....pls visit the embassy in person to make inquiry....Tue and Thur only.....God aint sleeping...
i got this from them 'thank you for writing to VFS Global Canada Nigeria.your application is not yet ready for collection;it is still under processing at the Deputy High Commission of Canada.
ojo
customer care
canada visa application centre'.
this came in via reply to my mail to them.do i still need to go there to enquire abt my application?

(1) (2) (3) ... (154) (155) (156) (157) (158) (159) (160) ... (501)

Living In The Uk-life Of An Immigrant (part 3) / General German Student Visa Enquiries Part 6 / Nigerian Nurses And Midwives With The Dream Of Working Abroad Let's Meet Here.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 42
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.