Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,188,938 members, 7,935,986 topics. Date: Friday, 30 August 2024 at 08:39 PM

Religion Section 'awards Night' - Religion (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Religion Section 'awards Night' (20145 Views)

Is It Me (logicboy) Or Has The Religion Section Gone Dead? / Religion Section Reference Library (sticky) / *~ Joagbaje Voted The Religion Section Poster Of The Year *~ Congratulations!!! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (27) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by AlfaSeltzer(m): 9:02pm On Oct 16, 2013
Strictly, how did Pagan become a panel member?
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 9:58pm On Oct 16, 2013
Alfa Seltzer: Strictly, how did Pagan become a panel member?

Um...by nomination??

I took a look at the 'panel thread' and noticed that there seem to be a tie and one decisive vote is needed to tilt the scale...I guess that's the reason for the question.

Well it seems to me that you guys have two choices:

1) Go find pagan 9ja and get him to know how important it is to turn up at the meetings (not just turn up to vote). He needs to be there to debate a position when there is need for it.

Or

2) Propose a motion in the 'house' to have him replaced and if it is fine by every other member, you guys can pick one more person from the initial list of 12 nominees. I can help get whoever you choose.

The ball is squarely in your court.
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by MrTroll(m): 10:06pm On Oct 16, 2013
^^^
Ok. I like this
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Boomark(m): 10:24pm On Oct 16, 2013
:
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Boomark(m): 10:25pm On Oct 16, 2013
Logicboy03:

1) There should be awards in different categories. Last year, I lost to Goshen because there was only one award- religion poster of the year award. Goshen is someone that can not comment outside christianity and last year was the year of atheism. Imagine how odd it is that someone like Goshen had that award. A christian like Anony should have won it at least- someone who could relate to both atheists and christians.

So an award for
-best sermon (christian)
-best christian poster (christian)
-best atheist/non-religious poster
-best non-religious sermon/thread
-Overall religion section poster.

2) The votes should have a limit. Seeing as last year, I would have won if the time limit was not stretched....giving Toba (Goshen's campaign manager) enough time to rally christians against an atheist winning. #butthurt.

Do you want to count about a thousand votes manually? That is what about 2 or more weeks can get you if the electipns are interesting and polarized

3 days is enough. The days for voting should be announced in advance

3) Ballot style elections. one person one vote

I gave you 5 years ban on all awards. You should start campaign for yourself by 2026. Calculate it, if it is more than 5 years, no problem, that is when you should be hopeful.
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 11:47pm On Oct 16, 2013
Can I replace pagan?? grin

embarassed
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by axion(m): 11:49pm On Oct 16, 2013
Wu Zetian: Can I replace pagan?? grin

embarassed
Seconded angry An agnostic is good for neutrality on the team angry
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 11:52pm On Oct 16, 2013

embarassed
c palace coup
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by MrTroll(m): 9:34am On Oct 17, 2013

embarassed
No!

tongue
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 1:03pm On Oct 17, 2013
Mr Troll: No!

tongue

Lol!!!

Be nice! I guess trolls don't know how tongue

embarassed

Very nice gesture and thanks for offering to help but sadly the position is not up for grabs. Anyways, if there is any event in the foreseeable future, at least we know you probably would be willing to help.

Thanks again and keep supporting the 'organising panel'.
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 1:07pm On Oct 17, 2013
Divepen:
c palace coup

Um...Divy....she volunteered.

Hardly qualifies for a coup d'état. tongue
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 1:23pm On Oct 17, 2013
striktlymi:

Very nice gesture and thanks for offering to help but sadly the position is not up for grabs. Anyways, if there is any event in the foreseeable future, at least we know you probably would be willing to help.

Thanks again and keep supporting the 'organising panel'.

Why??

I wasn't planing on helping, I just wanted to make all the decisions and tell people what to do angry

It's either I get the position or I win an award! Create an award just for me cool
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Mintayo(m): 1:26pm On Oct 17, 2013
Wu Zetian:

Why??

It's either I get the position or I win an award! Create an award just for me cool
shooo.na do or die thingy ni? Lolcheesy
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 1:29pm On Oct 17, 2013
Mintayo:
shooo.na do or die thingy ni? Lolcheesy

I'm too fabulous, I deserve to be awarded for being so 'fabulicious'.
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Mintayo(m): 1:40pm On Oct 17, 2013
Wu Zetian:

Lol,fabulous indeed,even your moniker and profile pix depict thatwinkcheesy,em...em...but from the look of things no award for being 'fabulicious':p
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by MrTroll(m): 1:47pm On Oct 17, 2013
Wu Zetian:

marry me then. That's the best award you deserve wink
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 2:04pm On Oct 17, 2013
Mr Troll: marry me then. That's the best award you deserve wink
You're wrong.

Marriage??.........Ain't nobody got time for that.
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 2:22pm On Oct 17, 2013
Hey guys,

Nice job you guys have been doing in the 'panel thread'. I am really grateful for the show of commitment and dedication in carrying out this task the section has given to you guys. I truly appreciate the effort.

I went through the 'Panel thread' again (the entire 5 pages) and I noticed that the level of participation is not exactly as I had hoped for. The Chairperson (Alfa) has tried repeatedly to encourage participation but it seems some members are satisfied with just casting their votes or agreeing to almost everything.

I am not against any member agreeing to a particular suggestion or the member looking forward to casting his or her vote, but my concern here is that the level of participation is a bit weak. By 'participation' I mean that every member of the panel owe it to the section to provide reasonable justification for any proposal/suggestion/motion he or she makes i.e every suggestion should be backed by some sought of justification.

In the same vein, if a member agrees with a suggestion or a motion made, that member should also give plausible reasons why he or she believes the suggestion is a good one. Same applies when a member opposes the suggestion or motion made. If Reason is provided for every action or inaction then the section benefits from the whole exercise.

I will give an example of what I mean in another post...

3 Likes

Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 3:03pm On Oct 17, 2013
Now before the panel was organized, I was really in favour of having more than 5 awards. My thinking then was that it would be fun to create as many categories as we can in order to recognize the effort put in by members in making the Religion Section what it is today but after reviewing some the comments in the 'panel thread', I noticed that some members were against this idea. The first question that popped up in my head was: WHY??

I couldn't understand why they were against it until some stated reasons like:

a) The awards will lose its meaning;
b) Voting will be too cumbersome for members;
c) There might be too many sticky threads if we have too many categories.
d) etc.

On first glance, I told myself that the above were not good enough reasons, so why should anyone take them seriously? Just as I was about scoffing at the idea, I asked myself the same question I asked those who are against it: Why do I want more than 3 awards?? I thought about it critically and the only answer I could come up with was:

a) It is fun.

Comparing my Reason with that of those who are against the idea, I could see readily why I should give up my personal bias for theirs. They had more reasons and their reasons are better than mine. Anyways, the idea of 5 awards has already been adopted and there is no going back but still some of the following category are far from desirable, imo:

1 - Best poster for the year
2 - Best christian poster
3 - Best Non-christian religious poster
4 - Best thread
5 - Best Irreligious poster

I can understand the need for (1) and (4) but the others:

2 - Best christian poster
3 - Best Non-christian religious poster
5 - Best Irreligious poster

I do not understand....

I will give my concerns in a separate post...
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Ishilove: 3:08pm On Oct 17, 2013
Wu Zetian:

Why??

I wasn't planing on helping, I just wanted to make all the decisions and tell people what to do angry

Lol
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Ishilove: 3:09pm On Oct 17, 2013
Mr Troll: marry me then. That's the best award you deserve wink
Wow...you badly need a woman, don't you? Are you too shy to toast a woman offline? undecided
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 3:14pm On Oct 17, 2013
...on second thoughts, I will hold on for now and see as events unfold.

Great job guys!
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by PAGAN9JA(m): 3:20pm On Oct 17, 2013

embarassed

you can replace me. All you have to do is convert to Traditional Religion.

are you ready?
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Nobody: 4:32pm On Oct 17, 2013
PAGAN 9JA:

you can replace me. All you have to do is convert to Traditional Religion.

are you ready?

grin
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by MrTroll(m): 6:26pm On Oct 17, 2013
Ishilove:
Wow...you badly need a woman, don't you? Are you too shy to toast a woman offline? undecided
er..no offence but aren't you the unmarried twenty plenty years old lady? undecided
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Ishilove: 6:53pm On Oct 17, 2013
Mr Troll: er..no offence but aren't you the unmarried twenty plenty years old lady? undecided
None taken. Since when did marriage define who a person should be like? I'm single... Kini big deal?? undecided
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:04pm On Oct 17, 2013
Ishilove:
None taken. Since when did marriage define who a person should be like? I'm single... Kini big deal?? undecided

No you aren't.
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Ishilove: 7:14pm On Oct 17, 2013
Alfa Seltzer:

No you aren't.
O really? I wasn't aware
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by axion(m): 7:16pm On Oct 17, 2013
Alfa why is Satan watching you, why not Mohammed angry
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by Ishilove: 7:25pm On Oct 17, 2013
axion: Alfa why is Satan watching you, why not Mohammed angry
Don't even go there undecided

Axion, you are an old member. What's your old moniker?
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:30pm On Oct 17, 2013
axion: Alfa why is Satan watching you, why not Mohammed angry

mohamed is dead. dead people don't watch.
Re: Religion Section 'awards Night' by AlfaSeltzer(m): 7:31pm On Oct 17, 2013
Ishilove:
O really? I wasn't aware

Yes you are.

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (27) (Reply)

My Open Letter To Pastor Biodun Of COZA : Tomorrow's Sermon Template / Sexism Or Feminism? Which Is Worse? / self-service Controversy: Pastors Blast Oyakhilome

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 47
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.