Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,527 members, 7,978,741 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 01:19 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (16) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (462262 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 11:48am On Oct 24, 2013
godG:

Ur International Passport, Confirmation Receipt and Pencil. For your second and third questions, do u expect any change in the format ni? Nothing aside the normal RLSW sections. However, your test center has a lot to do with ur test experience. All the best.
Amefrica:

1. Int'l passport.
2. Writing materials(optional).
3. Exam ticket.
4. ETS registration confirmation.
5. Prayers.
Goodluck!
thanks

Might I add, this thread dey run like wild fire o! shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lentywilly: 12:45pm On Oct 24, 2013
Passport Collected... The thing dey like dollar.
Maybe one day my face may be on $1000 dollar print. grin

3 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 1:50pm On Oct 24, 2013
lentywilly: Passport Collected... The thing dey like dollar.

You can say that again.. grin grin This is the same thing i said when i picked up my visa too..

It looks so much like the US dollar...

Your sexyy looking visa.. grin grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:38pm On Oct 24, 2013

Hmmmmmmmmmm. I'm felting you..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 3:47pm On Oct 24, 2013
Walspring, I see you!...how you dey?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 3:57pm On Oct 24, 2013
My profound gratitude goes to the Almighty God for the success of my SAT exam october edition. Also to my loving nairalanders family I say a big thank you and am sorry if i dont mention names.

This is my SAT score below;

Critical Reading 470 41%
Math 560 65%
Writing 540 68%
Multiple Choice 58
Essay 6

Still counting on God for a greater things! Thanks to God and thanks to you all in this thread. I hope this SAT score is okay for me to get scholarship?

4 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 4:01pm On Oct 24, 2013
Walspring: My profound gratitude goes to the Almighty God for the success of my SAT exam october edition. Also to my loving nairalanders family I say a big thank you and am sorry if i dont mention names.

Critical Reading 470 41%
Math 560 65%
Writing 540 68%
Multiple Choice 58
Essay 6

Still counting on God for a greater things! Thanks to God and thanks to you all in this thread. I hope this SAT score is okay for me to get scholarship?
cheesy grin well done, brother

Walahii, GOD don use you ginger my swaggergrin...I go ace my own too, you did a great job
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 4:04pm On Oct 24, 2013
Graviton: Walspring, I see you!...how you dey?

BRo i dey gentle with my lips full of thanks to GOD
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 4:09pm On Oct 24, 2013
Walspring:

BRo i dey gentle with my lips full of thanks to GOD
your score dey very okay, I must confess God has done it and yes, there are schools offering scholarships to applicants with SAT scores around that range, 1800-and something, if I'm correct

But bro, you gats pray for me o!, make the GOD wey do am for you also do am for me, as I dey bust my behind dey prep, I no even dey sleep again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 4:46pm On Oct 24, 2013
Walspring: My profound gratitude goes to the Almighty God for the success of my SAT exam october edition. Also to my loving nairalanders family I say a big thank you and am sorry if i dont mention names.

Critical Reading 470 41%
Math 560 65%
Writing 540 68%
Multiple Choice 58
Essay 6

Wow!!!! Congrats bro! Thats a good score.. You really prepared hard for the test and your hard work paid off!!! See nailing......

I see you getting the Visa this second time.. because you took the SAT and you have a good score as well. This score is almost similar to mine as well..

This also goes out to all prospective undergraduate students wishing to study in the US. Please take the SAT. It will help you alot.

@Walspring is a perfect example of a serious student!!!! This is someone who has even left high school since 2004, and he still Aced the exam. So if he can do it, you too can do it as well. Nothing is impossible!

So pls you all should do the same as well...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Gbenge77(m): 6:02pm On Oct 24, 2013

Critical Reading 470 41%
Math 560 65%
Writing 540 68%
Multiple Choice 58
Essay 6

Terrific job,considering that the average score for each section is roughly 500.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Gbenge77(m): 6:13pm On Oct 24, 2013
Those gearing up for the SAT should adopt a method called“ skimming“in tackling the Long passages.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iykedancastro(m): 6:27pm On Oct 24, 2013
AT ricky rozay and Imperiouxxx..... oga dem fnx 4d Info. Much appreciated. . Trying to put my sef 2geda 4 fall msc 2014 so I ll b asking more questions in dis forum.. is it a red flag to use ur dad n uncle as sponsors? Also hope my cgpa of 3.74 is fairly ok n within 3.3/4 range wen converted.. fnx once again 4 ur efforts on dis forum . I hope to b on d contributing end very soon.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:34pm On Oct 24, 2013
iyke dan-castro:
AT ricky rozay and Imperiouxxx..... oga dem fnx 4d Info. Much appreciated. . Trying to put my sef 2geda 4 fall msc 2014 so I ll b asking more questions in dis forum.. is it a red flag to use ur dad n uncle as sponsors? Also hope my cgpa of 3.74 is fairly ok n within 3.3/4 range wen converted.. fnx once again 4 ur efforts on dis forum . I hope to b on d contributing end very soon.

1. Aint no red flag(s) whatsoever. As for Uncle, find a cogent reason why he'd be sponsoring you when he has wife n kid(s) to cater for.

2. Good stuff.. Nice GP! You aint got no worries..

See you at the TOP!!! cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iykedancastro(m): 6:43pm On Oct 24, 2013

Baba i tap from your blessings.. all d best over there... deducted frm ur testimony that we attended same uni n same dept i believe must b diff gradge yr thou.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lentywilly: 8:51pm On Oct 24, 2013
iyke dan-castro:

Baba i tap from your blessings.. all d best over there... deducted frm ur testimony that we attended same uni n same dept i believe must b diff gradge yr thou.
Which year did you graduate?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by seeker88(m): 9:39pm On Oct 24, 2013
iyke dan-castro:

Nice thread! Very informative!
Read thru d thread and it seems you, lentywilly and I graduated frm d same schl, though I graduated frm PET dept.

@Lentywilly, please I need your advice n tips on getting a good score as urs in ma GRE. I'm preparing for fall 2014 intake. Pls what preparatory materials are very good for d GRE?
@others, pls your advice n opinion will be so much appreciated.
Thanks all.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iykedancastro(m): 10:14pm On Oct 24, 2013
Amefrica:

1. Aint no red flag(s) whatsoever. As for Uncle, find a cogent reason why he'd be sponsoring you when he has wife n kid(s) to cater for.

2. Good stuff.. Nice GP! You aint got no worries..

See you at the TOP!!! cheesy
Noted sir n thanks a lot
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by iykedancastro(m): 10:15pm On Oct 24, 2013
lentywilly: Which year did you graduate?
2012...ll b done with nysc by feb n u?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 10:22pm On Oct 24, 2013
Gbenge 77: Terrific job,considering that the average score for each section is roughly 500.

Thanks for the lovely comment.... My plan was to score over 500 in all the 3 aspect but i still give thanks to God because is not by my power. Nah God do am for me!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 10:24pm On Oct 24, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Wow!!!! Congrats bro! Thats a good score.. You really prepared hard for the test and your hard work paid off!!! See nailing......

I see you getting the Visa this second time.. because you took the SAT and you have a good score as well. This score is almost similar to mine as well..

This also goes out to all prospective undergraduate students wishing to study in the US. Please take the SAT. It will help you alot.

@Walspring is a perfect example of a serious student!!!! This is someone who has even left high school since 2004, and he still Aced the exam. So if he can do it, you too can do it as well. Nothing is impossible!

So pls you all should do the same as well...

Thanks bro and by the special grace of God i will get this VISA and all i want now is God's favour and mercy on the day of my interview. As far as this result is concern but i still give thanks to God because is not by my power. Nah God do am for me!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by realshel: 10:54pm On Oct 24, 2013
@Ms Nas You are right . I'm thinking of changing my school to Devry University NY campus. what you think about this all d gurus in da house
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:15pm On Oct 24, 2013
iyke dan-castro:

Noted sir n thanks a lot

Sir bawo Nor talk am again oo. grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lentywilly: 11:20pm On Oct 24, 2013
iyke dan-castro:

2012...ll b done with nysc by feb n u?
I finished 2011, I'm sure your course advicer was Osama...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 11:20pm On Oct 24, 2013
godG:

Dear sir,
To some of us who are learners, decoding your heightened use of language is a war. sad Help us understand you sir so that we don't die in the course smiley God's best.

Signed by: ^_^ on behalf of learners

grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lentywilly: 11:29pm On Oct 24, 2013
seeker88:
Nice thread! Very informative!
Read thru d thread and it seems you, lentywilly and I graduated frm d same schl, though I graduated frm PET dept.

@Lentywilly, please I need your advice n tips on getting a good score as urs in ma GRE. I'm preparing for fall 2014 intake. Pls what preparatory materials are very good for d GRE?
@others, pls your advice n opinion will be so much appreciated.
Thanks all.
What a small world, welcome on board Bro. Fall 2014 is ok. But you need intensive preparations right now, be committed and serious, concentrate more on quantitative for the GRE. I'll advice you to write TOEFL too as to be at the safer side when the VO asks for standardized tests. Lastly make researches on schools that best suites your career path, usnews.com can help. Hit me a PM.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 11:44pm On Oct 24, 2013
vitus101: Pls I'd like to know which of the standardized test is required for Msc because I ve seen forumites recommending TOEFL and GRE..

My question is can one take (TOEFL and GRE) Or( TOEFL or GRE) for Msc

Can one substitute for the other?

Both exams are used for masters admission but not all schools demand both of them at a time. Some demand for GRE only and waive TOEFL from Nigerians. You could find schools that don't demand for any of the two.

However, it is RECOMMENDED that you take at least one standardized exam, and that should be GRE.

vitus101: Thanks.. Pls when is the next exam (GRE and TOEFl) Pardon my incessant inquiries.. I seldom have time to find these infos.. Just help a brother out abeg unu..

I'm starting my( Msc) application afresh so I want you guys to be with me each step of the way..

Which do I do first, write exams or look for schools that ll accept my cgpa of 2.8

GRE and TOEFL are written daily every week of the month. Its all left to you to choose a convenient date of your choice. Both are computer tests which can only be taken in Lagos and Abuja. You can register for any or both by yourself by simply calling ETS. Please never patronize agents. Whatever they do you can do it, even better.

For details on how to register visit the first page of the part 5 thread and read how to go about it.

Direct link to the first page or page 0: https://www.nairaland.com/1482362/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part5

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 11:48pm On Oct 24, 2013
Amefrica: This post has been hidden grin

grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 11:51pm On Oct 24, 2013

Critical Reading 470 41%
Math 560 65%
Writing 540 68%
Multiple Choice 58
Essay 6

Congratulations bro! I was so happy for you when I got your text in the afternoon. Cheers.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 12:00am On Oct 25, 2013
iyke dan-castro:
AT ricky rozay and Imperiouxxx..... oga dem fnx 4d Info. Much appreciated. Trying to put my sef 2geda 4 fall msc 2014 so I ll b asking more questions in dis forum. is it a red flag to use ur dad n uncle as sponsors? Also hope my cgpa of 3.74 is fairly ok n within 3.3/4 range wen converted.. fnx once again 4 ur efforts on dis forum . I hope to b on d contributing end very soon.

@Bold...you're welcome fall 2014 prospective. Welcome to the brotherhood. I don't mean Ogboni brotherhood o grin grin

Any which way, you're welcome. smiley

Where other fall 2014 prospectives? Where y'all at?

No. It isn't a red flag to use both dad and uncle's accounts. However its advisable that you stick to one. Pick one and stick to it. And make sure that the one you're picking has his account balance equal to or greater than the total expenses stipulated by your school for one year.

3.74/5.0 will land you above 3.35/4.0. My friend converted his 3.73/5.0 CGPA to the US 4-point scale and got 3.38/4.0. That is if you use WES. ECE is a well-known GPA slicer. cry

You sound intelligent. I'm quite assured that you'll share with us your successful interview experience here in less than a year's time. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:01am On Oct 25, 2013
bigfrancis21:

grin grin

tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 12:06am On Oct 25, 2013
bigfrancis21:

Congratulations bro! I was so happy for you when I got your text in the afternoon. Cheers.

Thanks bro! I really appreciate all your support and efforts.. May God reward you and bless you

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (13) (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) ... (501)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Travelling To Canada / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 58
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.