Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,626 members, 7,921,339 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 11:19 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (459844 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 2:35pm On Oct 25, 2013
gbopee: Good afternoon NL!I've been following this thread,but decided to register today,..I was given an admission in SMSU(Southwest Minnesota State University)to have a degree in Culinology Science.toefl,gre and sat were waived for me(thank God),my i-20 was sent in august but didn't get to me,I went to d post office here in naija bt they were asking for d tracking number that I don't have,I lodged a complain to them in the school,and I received a mail immediately,that another one wld be sent thru fedex,..eventually,I received d 1st one they sent after 7wks,..I've nt received d fedex own,..my question is dis,how valid is d 1st one I received?I have all my documents ready,I'm just waiting for the i-20,so as to book my appointment @ d US embassy,and also,I'm a bit nervous! sadGood afternoon NL!I've been following this thread,but decided to register today,..I was given an admission in SMSU(Southwest Minnesota State University)to have a degree in Culinology Science.toefl,gre and sat were waived for me(thank God),my i-20 was sent in august but didn't get to me,I went to d post office here in naija bt they were asking for d tracking number that I don't have,I lodged a complain to them in the school,and I received a mail immediately,that another one wld be sent thru fedex,..eventually,I received d 1st one they sent after 7wks,..I've nt received d fedex own,..my question is dis,how valid is d 1st one I received?I have all my documents ready,I'm just waiting for the i-20,so as to book my appointment @ d US embassy,and also,I'm a bit nervous!

Is this from a phone? It hurts eyes and hard to understand.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 2:36pm On Oct 25, 2013
olupentane: I hail Gurus in the house
I will like more enlightenment on these points.
1. It is preferable to write the GRE before applying to schools
Ets is supposed to send one's score to four schools free of charge, will they accept the schools during registration or after the test result is out?
2. If one should get a scholarship for the whole MSc program is it compulsory the sponsor's statement of account should have the amount on the. I-20?
Thanks.

I think these questions have been answered before.

1) Yes. Its preferable to write the GRE first before applying to schools. However, you also need to have your chosen list of 4 schools you want to apply to which you'll give ETS on your exam day. Not during GRE registration. In other words, you'll have to enter the exam hall with your list of 4 schools ready which you'll enter that day either during or after the exam.

Note that, that you entered all 4 schools and GRE sends your report to all 4 schools doesn't automatically mean you MUST apply to all 4. In the end you might apply to 1 or 2 of the 4 schools you entered, or discover another good school later which you'd want to apply to(in this case you'll have to pay extra $25 to have ETS send your GRE score to this extra school).

2) Even if you get scholarship, you'll need to go to the embassy with a bank statement greater than the school's stipulated expenses for 1 year.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 2:37pm On Oct 25, 2013
bigfrancis21:

I'm glad you realized this on time. Please don't use them, Kaplans especially. The man solved rather too simple questions in his book which when you're solving will make you erroneously see yourself as a genius, only to enter the exam hall and be hit right on the head with the opposite stark reality of the exam.

To get the materials, send an empty email(empty as in no heading, no body content) to selfstudy360@gmail.com and you'll get an automatic email response containing the download links of Grubers and Barrons. Click on each link to download them.

And please take your time to prepare. Don't be in a hurry to go and write the exam. A good GRE score requires quality investment of your time and practice.

Cheers.

I think this is absolutely correct.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by seeker88(m): 2:38pm On Oct 25, 2013
imperiouxx: I got this for those in need of schools with their GRE scores ranges. Though, I don't know how accurate it is but it should be a good guideline.

http://www.msinus.com/content/gre-universities-486/
Really valuable!...thanks plenti!!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:39pm On Oct 25, 2013
Ms Nas:

Lool. Day just broke

When sun don dey do me wayo here!!! angry God sabi all of una wey dump us here.. angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 2:39pm On Oct 25, 2013
imperiouxx:

Soon, you'll have lot of time when school starts...... Ironically

Lolz...yea I can imagine. cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 2:40pm On Oct 25, 2013
Ms Nas:
Ajala travel! grin and you no gree come visit me o angry

My medical doctor says I shouldn't pay any lady visit in AR. grin I don't like to suffer from exsanguination.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:40pm On Oct 25, 2013
imperiouxx:

Is this from a phone? It hurts eyes and hard to understand.

grin grin I understood him.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 2:43pm On Oct 25, 2013
Amefrica:

grin grin I understood him.

Good for you. I'm poor in reading and understanding English words cry cry cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 2:43pm On Oct 25, 2013
gbopee: Good afternoon NL!I've been following this thread,but decided to register today,..I was given an admission in SMSU(Southwest Minnesota State University)to have a degree in Culinology Science.toefl,gre and sat were waived for me(thank God),my i-20 was sent in august but didn't get to me,I went to d post office here in naija bt they were asking for d tracking number that I don't have,I lodged a complain to them in the school,and I received a mail immediately,that another one wld be sent thru fedex,..eventually,I received d 1st one they sent after 7wks,..I've nt received d fedex own,..my question is dis,how valid is d 1st one I received?I have all my documents ready,I'm just waiting for the i-20,so as to book my appointment @ d US embassy,and also,I'm a bit nervous! sadGood afternoon NL!I've been following this thread,but decided to register today,..I was given an admission in SMSU(Southwest Minnesota State University)to have a degree in Culinology Science.toefl,gre and sat were waived for me(thank God),my i-20 was sent in august but didn't get to me,I went to d post office here in naija bt they were asking for d tracking number that I don't have,I lodged a complain to them in the school,and I received a mail immediately,that another one wld be sent thru fedex,..eventually,I received d 1st one they sent after 7wks,..I've nt received d fedex own,..my question is dis,how valid is d 1st one I received?I have all my documents ready,I'm just waiting for the i-20,so as to book my appointment @ d US embassy,and also,I'm a bit nervous!

Both I-20s are valid. They'll bear exactly the same information. Since you already have the first I20, go ahead and book your appointment. You have no problem. When the second one comes, you keep it with you.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 2:46pm On Oct 25, 2013
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 2:46pm On Oct 25, 2013
imperiouxx:

My medical doctor says I shouldn't play any lady visit in AR. grin I don't like to suffer from exsanguination.
Ha bros! You can lie oo. Wetin be exsanguination? U no write GRE abeg.

The cold wey dey here this morning no get Part two! cry it's 0 degree! Na 4shirts, two trouser I wear grin Come.make we enjoy the cold together na cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by gbopee: 2:49pm On Oct 25, 2013
At last!...someone I can relate with...any useful information,will be highly appreciated.. At last!...someone I can relate with...any useful information,will be highly appreciated..and pls what do u mean by standardised test?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 2:50pm On Oct 25, 2013
imperiouxx:

A good reminder.

It just came to my memory today.. grin grin because i didn't see him here anymore since he went for his interview!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by seeker88(m): 2:51pm On Oct 25, 2013
bigfrancis21:

I'm glad you realized this on time. Please don't use them, Kaplans especially. The man solved rather too simple questions in his book which when you're solving will make you erroneously see yourself as a genius, only to enter the exam hall and be hit right on the head with the opposite stark reality of the exam.

To get the materials, send an empty email(empty as in no heading, no body content) to selfstudy360@gmail.com and you'll get an automatic email response containing the download links of Grubers and Barrons. Click on each link to download them.

And please take your time to prepare. Don't be in a hurry to go and write the exam. A good GRE score requires quality investment of your time and practice.

Cheers.
Thanks for d advice, I will send d blank email now.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by webstradamus: 2:55pm On Oct 25, 2013
Ms Nas:

The cold wey dey here this morning no get Part two! cry it's 0 degree! Na 4shirts, two trouser I wear grin Come.make we enjoy the cold together na cheesy

fahrenheit or celsius shocked
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 2:56pm On Oct 25, 2013
Ms Nas:

Damn! Cuddling will be so sweet for you now kiss But dem say make I no go AR cry cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 2:56pm On Oct 25, 2013
webstradamus:

Degree na, she be scientist from Nigeria, it will take time to change. I'm still like that.

All my measurements are imperial measurements as used in science.

Temp..... oC
weight..... Kg
distance..... Km (I've quickly adapted to change on this)
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 2:57pm On Oct 25, 2013
imperiouxx:

lolz! It's also called inference in GRE. wink
...and in SAT and TOEFL too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 3:02pm On Oct 25, 2013
webstradamus:

Celsius. I'm used to Celsius in Naija grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:04pm On Oct 25, 2013
gbopee: At last!...someone I can relate with...any useful information,will be highly appreciated..

Nor pee man. Try to use the quote link to enable to know u r talking to me..

Standardised test? Try to do either TOEFL/SAT for undergraduate and eithe GRE/GMAT for post graduate..

Try to edit ur post wen here to avoid spe-rming spamming..

#TeamMinnesota #TeamMustang

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 3:04pm On Oct 25, 2013
Ms Nas:
Celsius. I'm used to Celsius in Naija grin

If you're not who else, former Ms. Physicist?! cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 3:05pm On Oct 25, 2013
imperiouxx:

Damn! Cuddling will be so sweet for you now kiss But dem say make I no go AR cry cry
Who talk say make you no come? Alfa sule? grin grin

imperiouxx:

Degree na, she be scientist from Nigeria, it will take time to change. I'm still like that.

All my measurements are imperial measurements as used in science.

Temp..... oC
weight..... Kg
distance..... Km (I've quickly adapted to change on this)
Yes o, I'm still used to my ol Naija imperial measurements. When I got my phone, the weather thingy was in Fahrenheit, na me change am tooC. The miles thing too messes up my head abeg. Gimme kilometers jor! angry grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:06pm On Oct 25, 2013
Ms Nas:

Arrgh! cry I'm sad i didnt follow up Southern Arkansas University.. cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 3:07pm On Oct 25, 2013
imperiouxx:

If you're not who else, former Ms. Physicist?! cheesy
Loool. My thermodynamics undergrad class had these stuffs na tongue tongue
Who says I'm former Ms. Physicist....mind yourself o. Once a Physicist always a Physicist. Lool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 3:07pm On Oct 25, 2013
Ms Nas:
Who talk say make you no come? Alfa sule? grin grin

Medical doctor! angry angry angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 3:09pm On Oct 25, 2013
Amefrica:

Arrgh! cry I'm sad i didnt follow up Southern Arkansas University.. cry

Abeg, leave the lady alone! angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 3:09pm On Oct 25, 2013
imperiouxx:

Medical doctor! angry angry angry
Na lie. Wetin do you? You get belle ni? grin
imperiouxx:

Abeg, leave the lady alone! angry
cheesy cheesy cheesy Iyaff die o. Looool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 3:12pm On Oct 25, 2013
Ms Nas:
Na lie. Wetin do you? You get belle ni? grin

exsanguination - drainage/total loss of blood as a result of AR love. angry angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 3:12pm On Oct 25, 2013
bigfrancis21:

I suspect he was denied. I think I saw it coming when he mentioned that he didn't include on his DS160 form that he's married but he intends to mention it to the VO as part of his evidence of strong home ties, which is inconsistency. My only problem was that I saw that his particular post late and replied late - I replied on his day of interview.

I suspect so too BOSS.. I remember him mentioning something here about him being married and peeps told him it was inconsistency since he didn't include it on his DS 160 form..

I just hope our guess is Wrong, but i know assuming his visa was APPROVED, he would definately have alerted us here out of excitement since peeps rendered him so much help here...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 3:17pm On Oct 25, 2013
imperiouxx:

exsanguination - drainage/total loss of blood as a result of AR love. angry angry
You no go lose blood na. Why you dey do like this? angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by gbopee: 3:19pm On Oct 25, 2013
Ooh ok,now I get it...thanx bro.

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 55
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.