Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,183,595 members, 7,921,248 topics. Date: Wednesday, 14 August 2024 at 09:00 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (22) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (459838 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by shynepapin101: 10:12pm On Oct 25, 2013
Gurus and experienced ppl, I'll like to ask if I should print my gre score report for my account on gre for the embassy.

Also, does it matter if it's printed in black and white or coloured?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 10:20pm On Oct 25, 2013
shynepapin101: Gurus and experienced ppl, I'll like to ask if I should print my gre score report for my account on gre for the embassy.

Also, does it matter if it's printed in black and white or coloured?

Dont you have the ORIGINAL score report?

IF you havn't received the ORIGINAL score report sent to your home address, then you can make use of the online one printed out from your GRE account...

It doesn't matter if it is black and white or coloured.. Just print any type you want.. But if u ask me, i will choose the coloured.. It looks more presentable..

Whichever one is ok tho!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nomso27(m): 10:23pm On Oct 25, 2013
Bigfrancis, i holla! walspring, ricky, and all. . . . greetings!

abeg o!

was arguing with one of my uncle the other day about "pre-medical" under "biology" in universities

please is it a major or just a curriculum.

he said at interview when asked about intended major, one can just reply pre-med please house is this true ?

also can print out of SAT result be okay for interview, since official hasnt arrived ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by shynepapin101: 10:25pm On Oct 25, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Dont you have the ORIGINAL score report?

IF you havn't received the ORIGINAL score report sent to your home address, then you can make use of the online one printed out from your GRE account...

It doesn't matter if it is black and white or coloured.. Just print any type you want.. But if u ask me, i will choose the coloured.. It looks more presentable..

Whichever one is ok tho!

Someone told me they don't send to home addy again, though took the exam 3weeks ago.

I guess I'll have to go with coloured then. Thx
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:40pm On Oct 25, 2013
Walspring:

why wont you grab what i typed? No be u calculate Tfare?

I thought that was what u wanted to hear.. grin

godG:

Thanks bro. I removed it ni. Bless u. smiley

Hope you had fun?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 10:50pm On Oct 25, 2013
nomso27: Bigfrancis, i holla! walspring, ricky, and all. . . . greetings!

abeg o!

was arguing with one of my uncle the other day about "pre-medical" under "biology" in universities

please is it a major or just a curriculum.

he said at interview when asked about intended major, one can just reply pre-med please house is this true ?

also can print out of SAT result be okay for interview, since official hasnt arrived ?

If you're going for Biology, then say Biology. Pre-med includes studying all those 5 science courses in prep for a medical school. Biology is physical science or biomedical in some schools. Pre-med isn't a major.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ashigolo(m): 10:53pm On Oct 25, 2013
hello, thanks alot for the useful information u guys have been posting. Its my first time of posting here so pls your replies will be highly appreciated. I concluded my secondary school in 2002, graduated from college of education, acocoed and university, Lasu in 200(NCE) and 2012(BSC) respectively with very good grades and am presently a batch A corp member. Am currently applying to four schs, uni texas at austin, airlington, elpaso and texas a and m uni, college station (fall 2014) for my msc/phd program and moreso, my gre and toefl exams have been sceduled for nov 7th and 16th respectively.
Pls guys, what do think about these schools as regards my chances of being admitted?
Can I use GTB master card to pay for application on applytexas and embark website?
Can a scanned copy of a transcript be used temporarily to review my application?

Thank u for ur anticipated replies
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 10:56pm On Oct 25, 2013
Ashigolo:
Pls guys, what do think about these schools as regards my chances of being admitted?
Can I use GTB master card to pay for application on applytexas and embark website?
Can a scanned copy of a transcript be used temporarily to review my application?

First bold, you didn't state your CGPA but still, those schools are good and competitive. Second part, you can ask the schools about if they accept scanned copy or not as no one here can answer that.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 10:59pm On Oct 25, 2013
Walspring: My Family,

I need more clarification on these 2 words below ;

Tuition and Fee

Waiting for response......

Tuition is your school fees. Tuition totally depends on the number of courses you're doing and your total credit hours.

Fee refers to any other extraneous fees you're required to pay. Such as transportation fees, library fees, bus fees, etc.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ashigolo(m): 11:06pm On Oct 25, 2013
thanks imperrioux, sorry I dint include the CGPA. I graduated from AOCOED with a 4.42 in computer and 4.71 in mathematics. I graduated with a first class from Lasu (4.74). Pls can I have ur mail address?...i have some ish that need clarification.

Thanks again
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 11:07pm On Oct 25, 2013
Ashigolo: hello, thanks alot for the useful information u guys have been posting. Its my first time of posting here so pls your replies will be highly appreciated. I concluded my secondary school in 2002, graduated from college of education, acocoed and university, Lasu in 200(NCE) and 2012(BSC) respectively with very good grades and am presently a batch A corp member. Am currently applying to four schs, uni texas at austin, airlington, elpaso and texas a and m uni, college station (fall 2014) for my msc/phd program and moreso, my gre and toefl exams have been sceduled for nov 7th and 16th respectively.

All 4 schools are great. As for your chances of being admitted you'll need to tell us your CGPA, UG course and prospective MS/PHD course.

Yes you can use your GTB master card to pay your application fees. That card works wonders. I used it to pay for my own application fees during my time.

A scanned transcript copy is used/required only if the prospective school wants it. Some schools ask for scanned copies while some require the hard copy mailed to them physically. Hence, your usage of a scanned copy depends on the school's transcript requirement.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 11:10pm On Oct 25, 2013
Oh, I just saw your GPAs. They are wonderful. You do stand a chance. You should try acing the GRE and TOEFL exams to back up your application. Also, a stellar statement of purpose is paramount.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ashigolo(m): 11:28pm On Oct 25, 2013
bigfrancis, thank u so much for d advice...i'm doing my best on that. Pls can i get ur email address?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 11:31pm On Oct 25, 2013
Ashigolo: thanks imperrioux, sorry I dint include the CGPA. I graduated from AOCOED with a 4.42 in computer and 4.71 in mathematics. I graduated with a first class from Lasu (4.74). Pls can I have ur mail address?...i have some ish that need clarification.

Thanks again

Use the PM. When you click on someone's profile, you'll see email this person.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 11:38pm On Oct 25, 2013
Ashigolo: bigfrancis, thank u so much for d advice...i'm doing my best on that. Pls can i get ur email address?

Just as Imperiouxx said, visit my profile and send an email to me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by seeker88(m): 1:00am On Oct 26, 2013
shynepapin101:

Someone told me they don't send to home addy again, though took the exam 3weeks ago.

I guess I'll have to go with coloured then. Thx
Yea, I heard that too. ETS has stopped sending score sheet to home address. I heard they now upload it in d test taker's profile.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 1:18am On Oct 26, 2013
seeker88:
Yea, I heard that too. ETS has stopped sending score sheet to home address. I heard they now upload it in d test taker's profile.

After 15 days.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by shynepapin101: 1:21am On Oct 26, 2013
imperiouxx:

After 15 days.

Meaning.......! Pls explain, boss Imperiouxx.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 1:52am On Oct 26, 2013
shynepapin101:

Meaning.......! Pls explain, boss Imperiouxx.

GRE scores become available on one's profile 15 days after taken the test.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by shynepapin101: 2:02am On Oct 26, 2013
imperiouxx:

GRE scores become available on one's profile 15 days after taken the test.

Yeah, I know that but do I stil get posted to me?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 3:26am On Oct 26, 2013
Ashigolo: hello, thanks alot for the useful information u guys have been posting. Its my first time of posting here so pls your replies will be highly appreciated. I concluded my secondary school in 2002, graduated from college of education, acocoed and university, Lasu in 200(NCE) and 2012(BSC) respectively with very good grades and am presently a batch A corp member. Am currently applying to four schs, uni texas at austin, airlington, elpaso and texas a and m uni, college station (fall 2014) for my msc/phd program and moreso, my gre and toefl exams have been sceduled for nov 7th and 16th respectively.

@ the Bold. I can feel your passion for Lone star state -TEXAS grin grin Perhaps you have relations there. How come all the 4 schs are schs in Texas? This might be a Red Flag. I will advise you yank off some of the schools from the list and add some schools of equal standard from other state.
All in all, you've got a good profile and I see you making headways. Take care.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 3:40am On Oct 26, 2013
@ followed topics(419) cheesy cheesy cheesy I be think say I don enta one chance.

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:50am On Oct 26, 2013
lisadem: @ followed topics(419) cheesy cheesy cheesy I be think say I don enta one chance.

grin grin What a coincidence!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 4:06am On Oct 26, 2013
regby:

You have to send a photocopy of your certificate to them. Your transcript should be sent to them directly from your school.

The Basic course by course evaluation, which is required for graduate school application is $160. For each copy you want sent to a school its $30, then each delivery costs $7 (one copy will be sent to your home address, its standard)

The evaluation should take about 2 weeks. But your credentials will be sent back to your school for verification -this is where the problem lies. It took 2 months for my school to verify my credentials, and I heard all they have to do is send an email to WES.

I hope this helps.
WES Fee Schedule

Credential Evaluation Packages (7-DAYS)   Which should you choose?

WES ICAP (Transcripts + Evaluation + Storage)

Course-by-Course (with GPA & course-levels)

$205

Document-by-Document Evaluation

$145

CPA Board Evaluation

$305

Duplicate Reports

$30

WES Basic

$160

$100

CPA Board Evaluation

$260

Upgrade from WES Basic to WES ICAP Service

While evaluation is in progress

$45

After evaluation is completed

$80

Duplicate Reports

Ordered at time of application

$30

Ordered after completion of evaluation

First report (for every new or follow-up order)

$50

Each additional report

$30
NOTE: Below is the best option

$205
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 4:14am On Oct 26, 2013
UNIXLover: Hello fam,
Thanks for the helps u guys are offering here.

Quick One,I just discovered that the school i am applying to requires WES evaluation of my transcript. How long does it take WES to evaluate transcript? how much am i paying to WES? How do i get my transcript to WES?

Thanks guys
minimum of 2wks bro, I did mine in 2wks but make you go for WES ICAP (Transcripts + Evaluation + Storage)
Course-by-Course (with GPA & course-levels) $205, don't allow your school to send your transcript through regular mail, I beg of you use courier services like fedex n co and pls don't include copy of your certificate in your transcript when sending it. Make sure you send it separately. I hope this help
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 7:42am On Oct 26, 2013
lisadem: @ followed topics(419) cheesy cheesy cheesy I be think say I don enta one chance.

grin grin

If I stay away from nairaland for just a day, I get over 200(followed topics) and if I make that a week, it usually runs in thousands. Lols
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 8:45am On Oct 26, 2013
bigfrancis21:

grin grin

If I stay away from nairaland for just a day, I get over 200(followed topics) and if I make that a week, it usually runs in thousands. Lols
grin

Sure Boss!!! You are now the NEW MODERATOR, you now have a busy schedule here on NL. grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by regby: 9:08am On Oct 26, 2013
kunlebal:
WES Fee Schedule

Credential Evaluation Packages (7-DAYS)   Which should you choose?

$205

$145

CPA Board Evaluation

$305

Duplicate Reports

$30

WES Basic

$160

$100

CPA Board Evaluation

$260

Upgrade from WES Basic to WES ICAP Service

While evaluation is in progress

$45

After evaluation is completed

$80

Duplicate Reports

Ordered at time of application

$30

Ordered after completion of evaluation

First report (for every new or follow-up order)

$50

Each additional report

$30
NOTE: Below is the best option

$205

Well if you say the ICAP is the best option, its ok. I did the basic one because I had sent copies of my transcript to the school already. From my understanding the only difference between the ICAP and basic is that, in the ICAP your transcript will be included in package sent to the school and also stored for future use. But in the basic, just the evaluation is sent and stored for you. I might not be right, but like I said this is just my own understanding.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by nomso27(m): 10:32am On Oct 26, 2013
imperiouxx:

If you're going for Biology, then say Biology. Pre-med includes studying all those 5 science courses in prep for a medical school. Biology is physical science or biomedical in some schools. Pre-med isn't a major.

thanks bro... . .

So the major will be one of the biology courses abi ? Like "ecology" ?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by kunlebal(m): 10:43am On Oct 26, 2013
regby:

Well if you say the ICAP is the best option, its ok. I did the basic one because I had sent copies of my transcript to the school already. From my understanding the only difference between the ICAP and basic is that, in the ICAP your transcript will be included in package sent to the school and also stored for future use. But in the basic, just the evaluation is sent and stored for you. I might not be right, but like I said this is just my own understanding.
It depend on schools sha, But what if you need another copy of your evaluated transcript, how are you going to get it without storing you transcript with WES. It very important to store you transcript for future use.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by femmoy(m): 10:53am On Oct 26, 2013
imperiouxx:

Is this from a phone? It hurts eyes and hard to understand.

why are u abusive? u are full of ego,i've had a close look on u,being in the US doesn't mean u are better than someone. one needs ur advise and all u have to offer is an insult,u did dat to me as well.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:57am On Oct 26, 2013
femmoy:

why are u abusive? u are full of ego,i've had a close look on u,being in the US doesn't mean u are better than someone. one needs ur advise and all u have to offer is an insult,u did dat to me as well.
u need to know that pride goes before destruction so grow up and stop insulting people

FM! This is totally uncalled for nah.. You know this guy is one of the gurus here, he takes his time to visit here and you know how life in the lab can be so frustrating..

There are many people out there that can't comprehend posts without paragraphs. I also believed he was kidding.

Pls let's appreciate him, it aint easy at all.. I'm surprised to even see him around till now!!

Thanks for the cooperation!! Cheers!

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (19) (20) (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 62
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.