Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,531 members, 7,951,222 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 12:37 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (25) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (460971 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:03pm On Oct 26, 2013
I sight you Regby! How ya doing?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by vivysparkles(f): 11:16pm On Oct 26, 2013
Please o house, National open university of Nigeria graduates can they apply for a post graduate degree outside naija? As in is the degree recognized outside the shores of Nigeria?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 11:32pm On Oct 26, 2013
shynepapin101:

@Ricky Rozay, what happen if one says 3 schools, also tells the VO that they've got admission from 2 like you suggested. Then the VO asks to see the other admission letter?

This is a delicate question, one has to be careful what they say as not to inspire more question.

Yes, you are right, you have to be careful in whatever you say, so as NOT to encounter more questions from the VO..

But this case is different bro.. No matter what, pls NEVER tell the VO that you applied to Only One school, the VO will see you as someone who is NOT ready to study.. They will NAIL you DOWN with that!

They have a way of detecting the SERIOUS students from the UNSERIOUS ones.

Think about it this way, Assuming you were a VO for instance, and i walk over to the counter for my visa interview and you asked me how many schools did i apply to? And i relied you by saying i applied to Only one school.

And another student for example like Bigfrancis, walks up to the counter for his visa interview as well, and told you he applied to 12 schools,

Pls tell me, who looks more serious to study among the both of us?

I guess you will pick on Bigfrancis.. So u see for yourself.

Only few that say they applied to ONLY one school scaled through with luck on their part, but many others get DENIED...

This is what you will do; Example;

VO: How many schools did you apply to?

Your Response : 4 schools Sir/Ma.

VO: Mention them;

Your Response: Eastern Kentucky University, University of Maryland, University of Illinois, University of Washington.

VO: How many admits?

Your Response; 3 admits.

VO; Can i see the admission letters of the schools that admitted you?

Your Response; I only came wth my Desired school's admission letter, Since i have chosen the school as where i could accomplish my academic career, so i felt it wasn't necessary for me to bring the other school's admission letters along..

(Someone on here on NL, i cant remember his/her ID, but bck in previous pages, He/she used this response above and the VO understood once and the VO didn't make any remarks on that and she still got her Visa)

So you can see bro, No need to get nervous over Nothing. They hardly demand to see the admission letters of other schools.. They Know you will come along with what concerns you, which is the school's i-20 and admission letter you intend attending.

The VO that interviewed me asked me how many schools did i apply to?; and i replied - 4, and she said mention them, and i was mentioning them to her and was on the 3rd school and i was about to mention the last one, and she cut me off, (she wanted to Nail me down with that question, she asked that question to know if the schools i applied to: were all located in the same city or state in the US, which is a big RED FLAG)

But trust me, the 3 schools i mentioned, were all located in different states in the US...

So you see, the VOs DON'T care. They have just few minutes to make a Decision on your Visa application, and they dont have time to start scrutinizing unnecessary admission letters you came along with.

They only want to see your seriousness and Readiness to study..

Simple!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olarwarlay(m): 11:55pm On Oct 26, 2013
^^^ Ricky Rozay's Newspaper Article cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 11:56pm On Oct 26, 2013
bigfrancis21:

From hundreds of interview experiences so far, they rarely ask to see other admission letters. They don't even ask for the admission letter of the school you're going to, let alone the other ones.

Just saw this Now. Thank you for clarifying this out brother!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by shynepapin101: 12:02am On Oct 27, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

Just saw this Now. Thank you for clarifying this out brother!

Yeah, Bigfrancis did well to assure ppl, that such question never comes up.

You, Rozay, you try writing as a second career or part-time, though it could be freelance. I must meet you personally when I get there.

You did give a thorough explanation, bro. #teamrickyrozay

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by RickyRozay: 12:05am On Oct 27, 2013
olarwarlay: ^^^ Ricky Rozay's Newspaper Article cheesy cheesy cheesy

cheesy cheesy

Lol!!! Mr Olarwalay.. No mind me jare.. Just trying to make my post comprehensive enough so he doesn't miss out with useful tips and points..

Hw far u bro? Pls send me your BB pin bro, let's get familiar... BBM swagger.

Hope say no be Iphone you dey use oooo. because i fit use vex send virus go that phone..cheesy cheesy Iphone don turn bad market to BB users now.. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by shynepapin101: 12:20am On Oct 27, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

cheesy cheesy

Hope say no be Iphone you dey use oooo. because i fit use vex send virus go that phone..cheesy cheesy Iphone na bad market to BB users.. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

Even if na iPhone, him fit ping u knw too na. BB ppl no sharp, now even iPad go get him own bbm and ping sara, unlyk their playbook, wey stil the BB fone via BBbridge. What nonsence BB do demselves, daft management I guess.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by gbopee: 1:03am On Oct 27, 2013
Amefrica:

grin grin No mind am..

I'm doing good, how aboutcha?
I'm good also,except being really busy...ahahaha!its just a wishful thinking on his part to be a fellow mustang#tongue out#...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by femmoy(m): 3:03am On Oct 27, 2013
imperiouxx:

I can't be swayed by anyone. It's over.

I leave u to God
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 3:25am On Oct 27, 2013
@godG,

to you sir!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 5:00am On Oct 27, 2013
Amefrica:

grin grin What a coincidence!

yessssso grin Pretty sure you are good to go for your interview now. #GO_GET_IT! wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:03am On Oct 27, 2013
gbopee: I'm good also,except being really busy...ahahaha!its just a wishful thinking on his part to be a fellow mustang#tongue out#...

Lool grin Ok Sis! Wishing you the very best, don't hesitate to lemme know any question(s) you've got about our school.

See you at the TOP!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:07am On Oct 27, 2013
lisadem:

yessssso grin Pretty sure you are good to go for your interview now. #GO_GET_IT! wink

Yea bozz! Thanks man. Sharing the testimony soon!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:09am On Oct 27, 2013
Imperiouxx!! Na you dem suppose dey call insomnia itself. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 5:18am On Oct 27, 2013
Wow!!! so many eaten posts. i hate it when i miss such drama sad Well glad the altercation has subdued. This isn't an attempt to bring back the brawl, but i must still say the 'attackee' isn't someone to toy with and should be given some esteem. I know how hard it is to survive here and to now add other people's burdens back home. mehn! it's killing. RESPECT MAN! @i...x
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:23am On Oct 27, 2013
lisadem: Wow!!! so many eaten posts. i hate it when i miss such drama sad Well glad the altercation has subdued. This isn't an attempt to bring back the brawl, but i must still say the 'attackee' isn't someone to toy with and should be given some esteem. I know how hard it is to survive here and to now add other people's burdens back home. mehn! it's killing. RESPECT MAN! @i...x

Looool! You dey copy me. grin They have been eaten and we don drink water on top.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 5:26am On Oct 27, 2013
bigfrancis21:

grin grin

If I stay away from nairaland for just a day, I get over 200(followed topics) and if I make that a week, it usually runs in thousands. Lols

Francis, you know you've got an office on NL. so it's only logical you have so many files on your table to treat. God help you! I WILL CLOSELY WATCH YOUR OPERATIONS ON NL WHEN YOU RESUME SCHOOL IN JANUARY. grin grin grin How are you?Stay cool.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by lisadem: 5:30am On Oct 27, 2013
Amefrica:

Looool! You dey copy me. grin They have been eaten and we don drink water on top.

sorry o inventor. shey you no go sue me for plagiarism sha. cheesy cheesy funny boi
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 5:47am On Oct 27, 2013
Amefrica: Imperiouxx!! Na you dem suppose dey call insomnia itself. cheesy

An irony I guess. Why are you still up at 4am? Well, I go to bed at 11 pm or 12 am. My time is mountain time.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:23am On Oct 27, 2013
shynepapin101:

@Ricky Rozay, what happen if one says 3 schools, also tells the VO that they've got admission from 2 like you suggested. Then the VO asks to see the other admission letter?

This is a delicate question, one has to be careful what they say as not to inspire more question.

In addition to what others have said, I think you can simply say you declined the other admissions. End of discussion.

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:36am On Oct 27, 2013
imperiouxx:

An irony I guess. Why are you still up at 4am? Well, I go to bed at 11 pm or 12 am. My time is mountain time.

grin grin lool I dey always break my sleep in btw.

lisadem:

sorry o inventor. shey you no go sue me for plagiarism sha. cheesy cheesy funny boi

No, I don forgive you. Go and see no more!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by godG: 8:32am On Oct 27, 2013
Graviton: you leave for just a minute and this thread runs off at the speed of light.

Here's to a friend who just recently became more than a brother.

A brother, who didn't inform me of his birthday cry...I vex sha

godG, I wish you excellence in your endeavours, many more years and I really pray that I get to see you over at the U.S so I can extend my gratitude for your generous help to me these past weeks

Hip! Hip!! Hurray!!! grin...oga imperiouxx, help me with one of them champagne smileys

Hehe. Amen. Thanks Bro. Honored. God bless us all. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 8:44am On Oct 27, 2013
lisadem:

Francis, you know you've got an office on NL. so it's only logical you have so many files on your table to treat. God help you! I WILL CLOSELY WATCH YOUR OPERATIONS ON NL WHEN YOU RESUME SCHOOL IN JANUARY. grin grin grin How are you? Stay cool.

Lolz. grin

My having several followed topics used to happen even before I became a mod. Now, its doubled.

Hahaha...you need to watch me. My alter ego will take over from me. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by tmotmo: 9:21am On Oct 27, 2013
Wonderful tips.
Keep up with the good work.

Ricky Rozay: Hello guys, I just felt I should share with everyone preparing to go for interview soon some useful Tips about the US student Interview...

All spring 2014 US visa applicants, i hope you all are getting warmed up for the US Embassy..

HINTS, TIPS AND PREPARATIONS

1. Pay Sevis fee by relatives in the US OR in Lagos/Abuja. This is compulsory for
all students that will be going to the US for
studies. The payment receipt will be sent to you
and should be taken to the embassy as part of the supporting documents.

2. Look straight into the eyes of the interviewing
officer throughout when answering the questions
because this shows sign of confidence. However,
you are NOT to show over confidence.

3. Dress formally. If you are male, make sure to
put on shirt that will enable you stork-in and look
formal.

4. At the point of interview, make sure to salute
the consular office first and not allow him/her
salute you first.

5. At the interview section, make sure you listen
very attentively. This is because the American
English is twisted (queens English). You must hear what the officer ask you at once. This gives the sign that you as a student will cope with lectures. Don’t allow the officer ask one question twice before you get what he/she is asking. So, you have to be extra-ordinarily attentive.

6. Be formal at your answers. Straight to the point of the question asked and smile where necessary.

7. The interview takes very few minutes, not up
to 5mins but at most 5mins. The interviewing
officer will want to rush you up but you have to
pretend as if you are a slow talker in order to slow down the officer to answer the questions correctly and accurately.

8. Please, NEVER let poverty show on you or NEVER portray to the officer that you will not come back to Nigeria.

9. DON'Tgive answer that will generate other
questions. If you do, questions will be generated
from the answers you provide.

10. NEVER let the officer see traveling ambition or anxiety in you or on your face.

11. You MUST have taken int’l exams e.g. TOEFL,
SAT, GMAT, GRE etc. If your school doesn’t require it as prerequisite for admission, the embassy WILL DEFINATELY ask for it. Its important you have ONE or MOST or all of it.

Finally, when answering questions, please do not
answer as you have lectured to give ready-made
answers. Even though you already know answers
to most questions, you must try as much as
possible to answer as if you hearing the questions for the first time. Otherwise, your visa will be denied simply because you are giving ready-made answers.

Your composition. You must compose yourself at
the interview. No using of offensive language.
You can simply answer questions you are not sure of by saying you do not have full idea on it.

THE MAIN INTERVIEW QUESTIONS AND THEIR
RIGHT ANSWERS

What is your name?

VO: What are you going to do in the United States? OR what is your purpose of wanting to travel to the United States?

Answer: I want to go to the United States for
studies.

VO: What are you going to study in the US?

Answer: Tell him/her your major of study

VO: Which school are you going to study at?

Answer: Tell him/her your school name. Further
questions might be on the address of the school.

VO: How did you get to know about the school of
your choice?

Answer: I did a proper Research on the internet on schools that suit my academic career using some search tools like Princetonreview.com, usnews.com, petersons.com, and i came up with the school.

Please, NEVER tell the officer you got to know about your school through a friend or your relatives. They will assume your relative want to use it as a medium to bring you to the US, which will make you llok like a potential Immigrant and will alert a RED FLAG to the VO, and NEVER say you got it thru a Friend because they will also assume that if you DONT have a friend for example; then you will never go to school. This as thereby portrayed you as an Unserious Student who is NOT ready to do research on is own.

Furthermore, you can also say, after getting the
school, you then told your uncle about it and he accepted to pay the application fee and get the necessary information for you and also accepted to be your sponsor.

VO: How long are you staying in the US?

A: If your course is 2years, tell them 24months
and if its 3years, tell them its 36months

VO: Why did you choose this school?

Answer: I actually chose this school because this school offers a Well structured curriculum that aligns with my career aspirations with the aim of developing me with the technical, analytical and conceptual skills to become a globally attuned leader in my profession.

OR you can use this response; I chose this school because they have a well structured course curriculum that suits my career goal. (Go on your school website and find something unique about your school and build this point)

VO: Did you apply to only this school or why did
you applied to only this school?

Answer: No, I didn’t apply to only this school; I
applied to 3 schools altogether. You might be
asked to mention the rest. Just prepare to say the
name of any other existing school in the US but
please make sure all the schools you mentioned
are NOT in the same state. Because if they are all in the same state, it is a RED flag to the VO.. The VO will smell something fishy...and he will
assume a relative is using this medium as means
to smuggle you to the US.

VO: How many gave you admission?

A: Just mention 2.. If you tell them you applied to
4 schools, you mention 3 admits..

VO: Why did you choose you course of study OR why did you decide to study this course?

Answer: The prospect for my major (mention your course) is extremely high in Nigeria and there is lack of professionalism in the industry.(Do more research on your school's website about your Major, and build this point)

VO: When did you graduate from school: Either
secondary or first degree?

Answer: Tell him/her the year and date

VO: Since then up till now, what have you being
doing?

Answer: Never tell them you have being doing
something that is NOT relevant to your education. Find a suitable way to close the gap.. It is a RED FLAG if you tell the VO you have been doing Nothing (Idle) since you left school,

By this, the VO will simply assume that since you have nothing doing in your home country then when you get to the US, you will take advantages of every opportunities there and Never Return home anymore. And this will automatically cause your Visa been DENIED. So be Mindful!! And whatever you use to close the gap must be relevant to your intended major.

VO: What will you do after your studies in the US
OR what will you do with your degree after studies in the US?

This is the most technical aspect of your interview that makes them determine whether you wish to run to the US or you will come back to Nigeria.

Answer: I would come back home to do my Compulsory NYSC service in Nigeria, because without the possession of the certificate, i can neither be opportuned to get any suitable job Nor hold any position in my country. (You have demonstrated a strong home tie with that response)

OR you can use this response as well; I will come back to my country and introduce the modern technologies of my profession into the industry in order to contribute to the industrial development of my country.

OR; I plan to make use of the Education, knowledge and leadership skills i have achieved from my studies to better use here, as there is alot of competition in this Field in the US, whereas the course will be highly appreciated here in Nigeria.

VO: Where will you be staying in the US?

If you have no relatives in the US and have no where to stay, Give the VO this response below;

Your Answer: i will be staying in the school's campus hosuing.

VO: Have you made plans for that?

Your Answer: I have informed the school about it and they informed me that when i hopefully get my Visa, then i can proceed in making Campus housing bookings.

VO: Did you take any Standarlized test?

A: Yes I did. I took (mention the exams……..TOEFL, SAT, GRE, etc). You might be asked to produce the documents and they will definitely verify it to check the Authencity of the document.…… If it’s the online type you did.

Please, Never go to the Embassy without taking atleast ONE standarlized test. The VOs will definately ask for this document. And by NOT taking any standarlized test, you have shown signs of UNSERIOUSNESS. And the VO will assume you are NOT ready to study and this can cause your US student Visa application being automatically DENIED at the US Embassy.

Your sponsor and the bank statement.

Who are your sponsors? He is my uncle/father/stepfather/ aunty. It must have a very close relation for the person to have accepted to sponsor your education. Your sponsor can also give you other relevant vital documents that will support you, such as landed properties, company registration, shares investment or business investment and importantly, Tax clearance. However, if all of this is NOT available, Just go with the bank statement of your sponsor.

Going to the Embassy with your sponsor's Bank statement is veryy Important and MANDATORY.. Most VOs ask for this document!!! Which is your sponsor's Bank Statement. They use it in checking the financial capabities of your sponsor to know if he could afford to pay for your Tuition.

Note: NEVER show the Visa Officer any Document unless Requested!!! If you show the Visa Officer documents he/she didn't request for, You have appeared desperate to them (showing signs of a potential immigrant) which isn't good for you and that will hurt your chances of getting the Visa.

VO: What does he/she do for a living? Tell the
lucrative profession or business.

Your personal bank statement?
A: You must show them and the bank ID card
because its part of your ties to your country that
you will come back. Even though you don’t have
cash in the account, just print that statement of
account that looks like payroll showing your bank
transaction from the date the account was opened till the date of your interview. Its better that way.

VO: Have you ever traveled out of this country before?

You need to be mindful if you are being asked this question, DON'T just say "NO" that is if you have NOT traveled out of the country before. (Saying just NO, will make your response look vague and will hurt your chances of getting the Visa)

Your Answer: NO sir, Because i have Never had any reason to travel until after Now. And it's important i do now because of the program.

Your SEVIS fee, did you pay your SEVIS fee?

A: Yes. You must have paid and gotten the receipt
before you interview date otherwise the security
will not even allow you into the embassy. Give
them the receipt and they can confirm that online
and track it.

IF YOU CAN GET ALL QUESTIONS CORRECTLY TO
THE POINT THAT YOU ARE BEING ASKED THE
SEVIS FEE. BE REST ASSURED THAT YOU ARE
GETTING THE VISA BECAUSE, SEVIS FEE IS THE
LAST THEY USUALLY ASK AND THEY ASK THOSE
THEY ARE READY TO ISSUE VISA TO. ALTHOUGH
THEY KNOW IF YOU PAY THE FEE OR NOT.
THE NEXT STATEMENT YOU HEAR IS, PICK UP
YOUR VISA………. Usually two (2) business day
after your interview and the interviewing officer
will give you a pick up ticket that you will bring
when coming to collect the visa and he/she will
collect you international passport in place for the
Visa.

Hence, don’t rejoice in the presence of the Visa
officer. The best you can say is, THANK YOU SIR,
AM GRATEFUL. You can rejoice outside and make
merry, drink or shark up yourself to stupor if you
like. With all this instructions and all documents in place, I see your Visa in your hand. Kindly let me know how everything went thereafter.

GOOD LUCK AND CONGRATULATIONS in your anticipated APPROVED US Student Visa!!!!!!!

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by justwise(m): 9:43am On Oct 27, 2013
tmotmo: Wonderful tips.

Why do you have to quote the whole post?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 9:53am On Oct 27, 2013
godG:

Hehe. Amen. Thanks Bro. Honored. God bless us all. smiley
amen...it's well
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by gbopee: 12:46pm On Oct 27, 2013
Amefrica:

Lool grin Ok Sis! Wishing you the very best, don't hesitate to lemme know any question(s) you've got about our school.

See you at the TOP!!
sure I will..thanx .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by idalex: 1:03pm On Oct 27, 2013
imperiouxx: For those in need of simulated GRE online practice.

Register for free at http://www.kaptest.com/GRE/Home/index.html

Go to http://www.kaptest.com/booksonline.jhtml

GRE Premier 2011-2012
Question : What is the third word in the first paragraph of chapter 13?
Answer: questions

Kaplan New GRE Premier 2013 with 5 Online Practice Tests + DVD
Question : What is the final word in the explanation of question 4 on page 40?
Answer: pair

You'll get those materials for free for your online practice. Remember, kaplan is cheap but practice makes perfection.

Thanx for sharing this with d house.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:30pm On Oct 27, 2013
vivysparkles: Please o house, National open university of Nigeria graduates can they apply for a post graduate degree outside naija? As in is the degree recognized outside the shores of Nigeria?

They can and everyone else can. You just have to get/bring your original transcript and award certificate. I know for sure as I am going to Australia's Edith Cowan University,Perth for my Msc next February with my NOUN papers. Again am using them to get skill evaluation against PR.

Schools abroad know what we have, they accept it and see if you can pull through in the system.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 1:52pm On Oct 27, 2013
tmotmo: Wonderful tips.

Mind quoting only the first few lines?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:01pm On Oct 27, 2013
gbopee: sure I will..thanx .

wink wink wink wink (((hugs))) wink wink wink wink

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.