Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,193,531 members, 7,951,214 topics. Date: Tuesday, 17 September 2024 at 12:33 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (24) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (460968 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 5:56pm On Oct 26, 2013
olarwarlay: @Walspring - Just replied you Sir.

I got it and also replied back
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 7:08pm On Oct 26, 2013
Imperiouxx,
Just let it go, ok?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ultrazone(m): 7:13pm On Oct 26, 2013
@House, I'm interested in a career in biomedical sciences especially virology though I hold a DVM here in Nigeria. What would you advise for an 'intending' immigrant; a Masters or PhD? the cost and duration implications, as well as scholarships and grants? What are the prospects of this career and the ease of getting job over there?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by olarwarlay(m): 7:18pm On Oct 26, 2013
Justwise was here.... I hail o grin grin cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 7:19pm On Oct 26, 2013
ultrazone: @House, I'm interested in a career in biomedical sciences especially virology though I hold a DVM here in Nigeria. What would you advise for an 'intending' immigrant; a Masters or PhD? the cost and duration implications, as well as scholarships and grants? What are the prospects of this career and the ease of getting job over there?

See this reply

imperiouxx:

It depends on which of the two admissions is easy for you to secure. PhD is more research base than MS. Duration of a PhD program is 5 to 7 years but you'll have to pass the qualifying exams for candidacy at the second year of starting the program. Cost of PhD program for science fields is almost $0.00 from your pocket and between $23,000 to $35,000 paid to you by the school. Getting job is the last stage you need to worry about for now but there are quite number of science jobs.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by seeker88(m): 7:21pm On Oct 26, 2013
imperiouxx:

Some people got no business here but to come and cause havoc. If a prospective student lacks sense of reasoning and full of bitterness, I wonder what such person is looking for in higher learning among other people with different cultural background.
Pls don't let such person deter you from doing d great work that you are already known for here.
The best thing is just to avoid commenting on posts relating to this issue (as you already said) and let it die off. Thanks for acting maturely...
Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 7:24pm On Oct 26, 2013
seeker88:
Pls don't let such person deter you from doing d great work that you are already known for here.
The best thing is just to avoid commenting on posts relating to this issue (as you already said) and let it die off. Thanks for acting maturely...
Cheers!

I can't be swayed by anyone. It's over.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 8:23pm On Oct 26, 2013
For those in need of simulated GRE online practice.

Register for free at http://www.kaptest.com/GRE/Home/index.html

Go to http://www.kaptest.com/booksonline.jhtml

GRE Premier 2011-2012
Question : What is the third word in the first paragraph of chapter 13?
Answer: questions

Kaplan New GRE Premier 2013 with 5 Online Practice Tests + DVD
Question : What is the final word in the explanation of question 4 on page 40?
Answer: pair

You'll get those materials for free for your online practice. Remember, kaplan is cheap but practice makes perfection.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 8:32pm On Oct 26, 2013
Amefrica: gbopee!! Howdy?!

I sight you mustang guru.... Shey do go for Owanbe according to sahara-reports.. LOL
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by MsNas(f): 8:49pm On Oct 26, 2013
Chao! embarassed embarassed I missed the brawl sha! Dammit! angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:49pm On Oct 26, 2013
Walspring:

I sight mustang guru.... Shey do go for Owanbe according to sahara-reports.. LOL

grin grin You wish you could switch to awa school.. That 'mustang' sweet for ur mouth hand. tongue.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:53pm On Oct 26, 2013
Ms Nas: Chao! embarassed embarassed I missed the brawl sha! Dammit! angry

You missed nor be small.. It was a great e-fight.. Lol between Randy Orton and John Cena
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 9:02pm On Oct 26, 2013
Amefrica:

grin grin You wish you could switch to awa school.. That 'mustang' sweet for ur mouth hand. tongue.

for your mind shey?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 26, 2013
This post has been eaten
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:55pm On Oct 26, 2013
Walspring:

for your mind shey?

O je je'wo l'ero.. grin OK! Oo
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by seeker88(m): 9:59pm On Oct 26, 2013
imperiouxx: For those in need of simulated GRE online practice.

Register for free at http://www.kaptest.com/GRE/Home/index.html

Go to http://www.kaptest.com/booksonline.jhtml

GRE Premier 2011-2012
Question : What is the third word in the first paragraph of chapter 13?
Answer: questions

Kaplan New GRE Premier 2013 with 5 Online Practice Tests + DVD
Question : What is the final word in the explanation of question 4 on page 40?
Answer: pair

You'll get those materials for free for your online practice. Remember, kaplan is cheap but practice makes perfection.
Bros, you re so on point....this is great!
Thankx boss!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 9:59pm On Oct 26, 2013
Amefrica:

O je je'wo l'ero.. grin OK! Oo

hmmmmmmm
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by shynepapin101: 10:03pm On Oct 26, 2013
Ricky Rozay:

VO: Did you apply to only this school or why did
you applied to only this school?

Answer: No, I didn’t apply to only this school; I
applied to 3 schools altogether. You might be
asked to mention the rest. Just prepare to say the
name of any other existing school in the US but
please make sure all the schools you mentioned
are NOT in the same state. Because if they are all in the same state, it is a RED flag to the VO.. The VO will smell something fishy...and he will
assume a relative is using this medium as means
to smuggle you to the US.

VO: How many gave you admission?

A: Just mention 2.. If you tell them you applied to
4 schools, you mention 3 admits..

VO: Why did you choose you course of study OR why did you decide to study this course?

Answer: The prospect for my major (mention your course) is extremely high in Nigeria and there is lack of professionalism in the industry.(Do more research on your school's website about your Major, and build this point)!

@Ricky Rozay, what happen if one says 3 schools, also tells the VO that they've got admission from 2 like you suggested. Then the VO asks to see the other admission letter?

This is a delicate question, one has to be careful what they say as not to inspire more question.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by gbopee: 10:42pm On Oct 26, 2013
Amefrica:

hiya....how u doing?ahahahah!too bad he can't join the mustang league cheesy
Amefrica:

hiya....how u doing?ahahahah!too bad he can't join the mustang league
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton(m): 10:46pm On Oct 26, 2013
you leave for just a minute and this thread runs off at the speed of light.

Here's to a friend who just recently became more than a brother.

A brother, who didn't inform me of his birthday cry...I vex sha

godG, I wish you excellence in your endeavours, many more years and I really pray that I get to see you over at the U.S so I can extend my gratitude for your generous help to me these past weeks

Hip! Hip!! Hurray!!! grin...oga imperiouxx, help me with one of them champagne smileys
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 10:53pm On Oct 26, 2013
shynepapin101:

@Ricky Rozay, what happen if one says 3 schools, also tells the VO that they've got admission from 2 like you suggested. Then the VO asks to see the other admission letter?

This is a delicate question, one has to be careful what they say as not to inspire more question.

From hundreds of interview experiences so far, they rarely ask to see other admission letters. They don't even ask for the admission letter of the school you're going to, let alone the other ones.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:57pm On Oct 26, 2013
gbopee: hiya....how u doing?ahahahah!too bad he can't join the mustang league cheesy

grin grin No mind am..

I'm doing good, how aboutcha?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 11:00pm On Oct 26, 2013
gbopee: hiya....how u doing?ahahahah!too bad he can't join the mustang league :Dhiya....how u doing?ahahahah!too bad he can't join the mustang league

For una mind? Abi moti join ni?

(1) (2) (3) ... (21) (22) (23) (24) (25) (26) (27) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 29
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.