Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,529 members, 7,978,745 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 01:29 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (27) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (462263 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by godG: 11:47pm On Oct 27, 2013
dharmmy09: So i nid u beautiful guyz advices...should i go through an agent or rather register online myself?..what schools,precisely new york offer full scholarships 2 international students?

Well, if you can register yourself, PLEASE DO. Agents will only feed fat of your money. Schools that offer scholarships? Ace your SAT and be a friend of Google. For me, forget about scholarship now. Register for SAT, ACE it and start talking about scholarship.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:47pm On Oct 27, 2013
imperiouxx:

This can't happen in the past, during the time of the military. This is kakistocracy..... simple! angry

Exactly! Nothing but remnants...

imperiouxx: What about the private institutions? Are they also parts of this madness?

No, only State n Federal Schools.. cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by godG: 11:54pm On Oct 27, 2013
imperiouxx: What about the private institutions? Are they also parts of this madness?

Nope. There is this friend of mine whose sister got into the university when I was in Part 2 second Semester, She don grad now. Passed out from NYSC in Oct. Person wey no get money for Naija is doomed. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:55pm On Oct 27, 2013
uobot:

i am 26, going to tsu( Texas southern university) to study administration of justice. i didn't say i have written SAT

uobot: pls house, i need advice
1.the school i am applying to doesn't require toefl for Nigerian student, cos it is in the application instruction that we are excepted but they require SAT which i have already done.

cool
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 12:01am On Oct 28, 2013
Amefrica:

Exactly! Nothing but remnants...

No, only State n Federal Schools.. cry

This is going to dent Nigerian schools reputation soon when it comes to school ranking.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:07am On Oct 28, 2013
imperiouxx:

This is going to dent Nigerian schools reputation soon when it comes to school ranking.

No Nigerian University is in The Top 800 in the world.. cry Giant of Africa suffering from educational dwarfism!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 12:08am On Oct 28, 2013
godG:

Nope. There is this friend of mine whose sister got into the university when I was in Part 2 second Semester, She don grad now. Passed out from NYSC in Oct. Person wey no get money for Naija is doomed. smiley

Well, that's it in Nigeria.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 12:08am On Oct 28, 2013
uobot:

i am 26, going to tsu ( Texas southern university) to study administration of justice. i didn't say i have written SAT, i only said i have to write SAT but not TOEFL as per the school requirement. that is why i am asking how i can reg for SAT exam.

@bold...Adult undergraduate cases like yours aren't a pleasant sight to the visa officers. More often than not, its always a denial except in rare cases.

Instead of applying as a fresh undergraduate why don't you apply as a transfer undergraduate student since you already have a B.Sc degree? You'll need to send the transcript of your former B.sc degree and the school will place you around 3/4 or 4/4. That way you don't get to spend a whole 4 years again in school but rather 1 or 2 years, and maybe go in for masters right after.

Don't apply as a fresh undergraduate student, given your age. I know many adult fresh undergraduates applicants who were denied their visas not just once but twice. You wouldn't want to go down that road. The odds of acceptance is somewhat below 10%.

If only you'll listen to my advice, apply as a transfer student to TSU. Send in your transcripts and have the school place you on the penultimate level(3/4) or finals. To use this transfer option, ensure that you're applying to a course related to what you read in your former Bsc.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 12:09am On Oct 28, 2013
Amefrica:

No Nigeria University is in The Top 800 in the world.. cry Giant of Africa suffering from educational dwarfism!

May God help us..... I mean you and I.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 12:13am On Oct 28, 2013
imperiouxx:

May God help us..... I mean you and I.

Amen ooo!!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 12:14am On Oct 28, 2013
dharmmy09: So i nid u beautiful guyz advices...should i go through an agent or rather register online myself?..what schools,precisely new york offer full scholarships 2 international students?

Never patronize agents. You can do everything yourself starting from exam registration to flight ticket booking.

As for SAT registration, unfortunately you can do that online, as it is with the registration of most other international exams, and you cannot register by phone call means neither as you can call to register for GRE and TOEFL. This is the only part where you may register through a proxy. The fee is N15,000 approximately.

Visit my profile and send me an email and I'll respond to you with full details on how to register for the SAT.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by uobot: 12:16am On Oct 28, 2013
bigfrancis21:

@bold...Adult undergraduate cases like yours aren't a pleasant sight to the visa officers. More often than not, its always a denial except in rare cases.

Instead of applying as a fresh undergraduate why don't you apply as a transfer undergraduate student since you already have a B.Sc degree? You'll need to send the transcript of your former B.sc degree and the school will place you around 3/4 or 4/4. That way you don't get to spend a whole 4 years again in school but rather 1 or 2 years, and maybe go in for masters right after.

Don't apply as a fresh undergraduate student, given your age. I know many adult fresh undergraduates applicants who were denied their visas not just once but twice. You wouldn't want to go down that road. The odds of acceptance is somewhat below 10%.

If only you'll listen to my advice, apply as a transfer student to TSU. Send in your transcripts and have the school place you on the penultimate level(3/4) or finals. To use this transfer option, ensure that you're applying to a course related to what you read in your former Bsc.

thanks alot for your advice, but do you think based on my low cgpa, the school i am transferring to would accept me? my cgpa is 2.30 cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by seeker88(m): 12:25am On Oct 28, 2013
dharmmy09: House..in d wake of the ASUU ft FG tussle,av also cum 2 a compromise with ma parents to go abroad 2 study...U.s in particular..a part 2 student of d premier university..greatest uite..studyn biochem..plannin on taking d jan 25 sat exam..aw do i register?..or is it considerable 2 leave at dz period known fully wel dat T.B JOSHUA predictn ds strike 2 end by 2017..nid ur honest opinions
So TB Joshua actually made such prediction? Thought it was a joke wen I saw it on someone's bbm display pics. Na wa Oºº°˚˚˚°º☺
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 12:28am On Oct 28, 2013
seeker88:
So TB Joshua actually made such prediction? Thought it was a joke wen I saw it on someone's bbm display pics. Na wa Oºº°˚˚˚°º☺

I don't think it's true.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ajibsca: 12:55am On Oct 28, 2013
To the best of my knowledge , all of your schools are in Texas. Dont know how you see it , but if I were a VO ... I would see you as an intending immigrant who has ties in Texas . Suggestion- if asked do not mention all 4 schools located in TX.

Am currently applying to four schs, uni texas at austin, airlington, elpaso and texas a and m uni, college station (fall 2014) for my msc/phd program and moreso, my gre and toefl exams have been sceduled for nov 7th and 16th respectively.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 1:10am On Oct 28, 2013
ajibsca: To the best of my knowledge , all of your schools are in Texas. Dont know how you see it , but if I were a VO ... I would see you as an intending immigrant who has ties in Texas . Suggestion- if asked do not mention all 4 schools located in TX.

Am currently applying to four schs, uni texas at austin, airlington, elpaso and texas a and m uni, college station (fall 2014) for my msc/phd program and moreso, my gre and toefl exams have been sceduled for nov 7th and 16th respectively.

That's a good observation. He can mention two from TX and two others elsewhere to complete his list of 4 schools.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 5:10am On Oct 28, 2013
Why is it that some school websites are hard to navigate? This website is giving me headache angry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dharmmy09(m): 5:29am On Oct 28, 2013
Thanks 2 u all
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by harkynon(m): 6:16am On Oct 28, 2013
Good day my fellow NLders, can anyone tell me how to use GTB mastercard to pay for online application fees. I just got my token from the bank. Thank you
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 6:18am On Oct 28, 2013
Folks, did TB Joshua really predicted Nigerian schools re-opening on 2017?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 6:47am On Oct 28, 2013
^^
Please house let us drop all discussions about TB Joshua so that we don't turn this thread into a religious debate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 6:49am On Oct 28, 2013
harkynon: Good day my fellow NLders, can anyone tell me how to use GTB mastercard to pay for online application fees. I just got my token from the bank. Thank you

The GRE registration information is on the first page of this thread. Here's the link:

https://www.nairaland.com/1482362/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part5

Click on the link above and scroll down to my post. Success.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bigfrancis21: 6:52am On Oct 28, 2013
uobot:

thanks alot for your advice, but do you think based on my low cgpa, the school i am transferring to would accept me? my cgpa is 2.30 cry

Yes, they will. That's why we have the transfer option. For undergraduate students who are still in school and for those who have finished school but their UG CGPA isn't high enough to secure them direct masters admission.

When you go in as a transfer student instead, you spend fewer years in school, and still get to graduate with a US bachelors degree.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:45am On Oct 28, 2013
bigfrancis21: ^^
Please house let us drop all discussions about TB Joshua so that we don't turn this thread into a religious debate.

Ok moderator! grin grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 5:02pm On Oct 28, 2013
godG:

I chose not to answer your question. smiley And u also believe the prediction?! Abeg help me ask TB when Arsenal will win EPL. smiley The foregrounded phrase actually made me laugh. Whenever I see something like this, I remember why Jesus wept. cheesy

Bro leave that prediction cos e no concern u since u have intention to school abroad. Maybe his prophecy is a parable to FG, ASUU and Nigerian students to think wise who knows?. But am sure Arsenal will win EPL this season and i can give u reasons..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 5:08pm On Oct 28, 2013

Pls dont patronise agent/agents because u can do the processing yourself. Agents will chop ur naira
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Walspring: 5:10pm On Oct 28, 2013
Amefrica:

cry If you were to be a lady, I would have known where to start. cry I'm the minister for foreign women affairs on this thread grin

Firstly, you go search schools with usnews.com, petersons.com, studentsreview.com ati beebe lo..

Secondly, mail the schools directly. Check the application checklist, the requirements.

Thirdly, apply online/mail. Forward all ur documents through mail/scanned..

Fourthly, get the admission, receive ur I-20 n come back here..

I remembered what Kofsy said, when I came here.. Do not un-follow this thread

Start reading from at least part 3 to this part. You r going to get more than enuff..

Note: you r gonna do TOEFL and/or SAT..

Goodluck!!

I fear that you title... Shey nah Just da wise give u the title? Lol.....
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 5:21pm On Oct 28, 2013
Walspring:

I fear that you title... Shey nah Just da wise give u the title? Lol.....

grin Nah Lisadem dash me the title.. Lol

Do you hav any prob with that? cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 5:34pm On Oct 28, 2013
It seems someone applied to Loyola University here. I need some info please.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Chars1289: 5:57pm On Oct 28, 2013
imperiouxx: It seems someone applied to Loyola University here. I need some info please.

That shld be @foohard.got is visa around june or August dz yr.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Luvlydevin(m): 5:59pm On Oct 28, 2013
Am new here and I would like to ask some questions 1 am 21 year old and I would like to apply to some schools in the us, I wrote waec in 2007 I was got admitted to a polytechnic that same 2007 -2009 because of too much flexing in school I graduated officially in 2010, my question is this I would like to apply as a fresher student not a transfer student, considering the year I wrote my waec to now what are my chances of getting a visa, 2 for the university to issue me an l-20 form am I to pay my tuition fees first, or just show them my sponsors bank account, 3 can I pay my tuition fees per semester and lastly for me not using my Nd result won't they hold that against me.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperiouxx(m): 6:12pm On Oct 28, 2013
Chars1289:

That shld be @foohard..got is visa around june or August dz yr.

Ok, thanks. The school is asking for what seems impossible for me now. Getting my undergrad transcript in Nigeria and send it to ECE. angry angry

(1) (2) (3) ... (24) (25) (26) (27) (28) (29) (30) ... (501)

USA Fiancee (K1) Visa Thread / Travelling To Canada / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 50
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.