Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,288 members, 7,887,846 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:05 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (414) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (457880 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 1:55pm On Jul 31, 2014
goldenchic: just got my Visa now. All glory to God of Bishop David Oyedepo.

Congrats, babe!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by steve4ever: 2:13pm On Jul 31, 2014
Pls aos dis is urgent b4 i submit my ds 160. I filled in ghana in d last ds 160 but cudnt travld down cus of time factor den. Pls do i nid to fill it in d new ds 160 since i wasnt able to trav. Nid ur advice pls
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by steve4ever: 2:19pm On Jul 31, 2014
ase65: I really love this thread. I'm glad I found it !

Guys pls I need ur advise. My visa interview is on the 20th but the resumption date on my I-20 is 11th august. What do u think I should do. Has anyone been in this situation and had gotten the Visa
i think u gat to mail the sch for an extension. If nt u av to defer d admision. Listen to wht oda gurus has to say
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 2:19pm On Jul 31, 2014
steve4ever: Pls aos dis is urgent b4 i submit my ds 160. I filled in ghana in d last ds 160 but cudnt travld down cus of time factor den. Pls do i nid to fill it in d new ds 160 since i wasnt able to trav. Nid ur advice pls

What do you mean exactly? Please be clearer.

I'll also add that if you used the previous DS-160 to go for an interview, then you better not change the information given to be on the safe side.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by steve4ever: 2:32pm On Jul 31, 2014
Rastaforce:

Congrats bro.
A046 is da lucky number.
That was my number when I got my visa approved on Monday 21st July .
so hap 4u blooda. Congrats. Welcome to obamaland. MAY GOD GO WITH You
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by steve4ever: 2:37pm On Jul 31, 2014
Graviton2:

What do you mean exactly? Please be clearer.

I'll also add that if you used the previous DS-160 to go for an interview, then you better not change the information given to be on the safe side.
ok blooda. Thx. Apreciate. I want to fil a new ds 160 form
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 2:39pm On Jul 31, 2014
steve4ever: ok blooda. Thx. Apreciate. I want to fil a new ds 160 form

Did you use the old one for an interview, bro?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by steve4ever: 2:43pm On Jul 31, 2014
Graviton2:

Did you use the old one for an interview, bro?
yes.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 2:45pm On Jul 31, 2014
steve4ever: yes.

Then don't alter the information, they have a record of your first DS-160.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 2:47pm On Jul 31, 2014
Stewee:

Stay and make me hate mysef.... Quit running around.
grin grin... shey u no dey fear ni? cry okay, I concur... cry cry
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 2:48pm On Jul 31, 2014
steve4ever: i think u gat to mail the sch for an extension. If nt u av to defer d admision. Listen to wht oda gurus has to say
Yes, he has to get a letter extending his date of arrival. It's usually one week or so, but in his own case, if he cannot get a date that can override his current date of interview at least 12 days from the university, it's better he doesn't go to the embassy, otherwise he would be denied based on insufficient time and of course POE hurdle. Better still, however, he can defer his application to Spring, get his visa and relax before going abroad. Wishing him the best of luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by steve4ever: 2:50pm On Jul 31, 2014
Graviton2:

Then don't alter the information, they have a record of your first DS-160.
oh thx .brodaly. Am grateful
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 2:52pm On Jul 31, 2014
steve4ever: oh thx .brodaly. Am grateful

Give God thanks. Best of luck.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 2:59pm On Jul 31, 2014
Amefrica:

cheesy

I'm thinking of deferring too.. Just scared winter would be at its peak when I land.

I personally wouldn't be considering deferment if not for some issues, but all the same, it's better to enter at a later date than entering unprepared.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 3:00pm On Jul 31, 2014
Saisbury10, how have you been, Sir?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:01pm On Jul 31, 2014
Graviton2:

I personally wouldn't be considering deferment if not for some issues, but all the same, it's better to enter at a later date than entering unprepared.
Ibo man at his best. Ride on brother smiley igbo kwenu!! grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:05pm On Jul 31, 2014
Graviton2:

That's the watchword! cheesy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 3:06pm On Jul 31, 2014
Joenice: Ibo man at his best. Ride on brother smiley igbo kwenu!! grin

Hehehe! Kwenu! I see this as an opportunity to make everything right. All things work for good for those who love the Lord!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 3:09pm On Jul 31, 2014
Amefrica:

That's the watchword! cheesy

I dey tells you oh! I honestly thank God for all these. I might have fallen out of status if I had travelled, I might have ended up in McDonalds. cheesy grin

Thank God for a second chance.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:14pm On Jul 31, 2014
Graviton2:

I dey tells you oh! I honestly thank God for all these. I might have fallen out of status if I had travelled, I might have ended up in McDonalds. cheesy grin

Thank God for a second chance.

Lmao!

You wouldn't have been the first nor last grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 3:15pm On Jul 31, 2014
Amefrica:

Lmao!

You wouldn't have been the first nor last grin

I'm destined for greatness, bruh.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Tohpeh(m): 3:17pm On Jul 31, 2014
repsin: Sat for my GRE today. Had 160 verbal and 161 quantitative. Guys hope I'm good to go
that's impressive, what gre materials did you use?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:18pm On Jul 31, 2014
Graviton2:

I'm destined for greatness, bruh.

Me too! cheesy

I been dey kid nii..

Them go hear am for North America!

#TeamPoliticalScience
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 3:21pm On Jul 31, 2014
Joenice: Yes, he has to get a letter extending his date of arrival. It's usually one week or so, but in his own case, if he cannot get a date that can override his current date of interview at least 12 days from the university, it's better he doesn't go to the embassy, [s]otherwise he would be denied based on insufficient time and of course POE hurdle[/s]. Better still, however, he can defer his application to Spring, get his visa and relax before going abroad. Wishing him the best of luck.
you can't be so sure... I went for an interview and got my visa approved 4 business days prior to my school's start date... I had no extension.

The person in question should know the courses he/she is gonna offer in school and should be ready for the question; "have u registered for classes?? Which courses are u gonna offer??

Goodluck to dat FAM!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:28pm On Jul 31, 2014
Amefrica:

Me too! cheesy

I been dey kid nii..

#TeamPoliticalScience
Canada tongue
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by saisbury10: 3:30pm On Jul 31, 2014
Been good and tryin to observe and u how is everytin?

Graviton2: Saisbury10, how have you been, Sir?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:33pm On Jul 31, 2014
slimmy05: Canada tongue

You can say that again! cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 3:33pm On Jul 31, 2014
Amefrica:

Me too! cheesy

I been dey kid nii..

#TeamPoliticalScience

Yeah, man. They will — I'm aiming for the very best. I won't relent.

#TeamPoliticalScience
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 3:36pm On Jul 31, 2014
saisbury10: Been good and tryin to observe and u how is everytin?

Well, I'm patching up — doing things differently and hoping on God for his favour and grace.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:41pm On Jul 31, 2014
Idazbawz: you can't be so sure... I went for an interview and got my visa approved 4 business days prior to my school's start date... I had no extension.

The person in question should know the courses he/she is gonna offer in school and should be ready for the question; "have u registered for classes?? Which courses are u gonna offer??

Goodluck to dat FAM!
grin And where are you rightnow?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by mandybaby2007: 3:44pm On Jul 31, 2014
domex007: Hello better people:
My school (UCO) sent me a mail that I should fill an application for a room so they can put me with a compatible room mate and also sign a contract,
Since I have not gotten visa yet, should I ignore the mail?? As the embassy have said not to make any arrangements before securing visa..
Do not make any arangement that involves monie b4 visa except u r ready 2start fighting for refund if God forbid... Also do not stay in d hostel, unlike Naija where hostel is 100times cheaper than offcamp, in yanke, d reverse is d case, hostel is more expensive than offcamp, wen school closes hostel also closes, where will u go? Except u have family. Even wen u have family 2b carying ur load around everytyme school closes is not easy. Certain hostels cooking is not allowed so wetin go hapen 2all d Naija food u r bringing? D few hostels dat alow cooking d rules r so stringent dat wen u go u must stand by d food dey pray, if d food too smell(like wen u boil okporoko) na wahala or small smoke comes out from d food like wen u wan fry stew or plantain d alarm wil go off nd campus police go land 2give u warning.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 3:44pm On Jul 31, 2014
Joenice: grin And where are you rightnow?
I deferred my admission after receiving my visa....

That option is better--i guess! cheesy

(1) (2) (3) ... (411) (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 38
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.