Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,289 members, 7,887,850 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:12 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (415) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (457882 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:44pm On Jul 31, 2014
Graviton2:

Yeah, man. They will — I'm aiming for the very best. I won't relent.

#TeamPoliticalScience

May the force be with you! wink

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by juntod: 3:45pm On Jul 31, 2014
goldenchic: just got my Visa now. All glory to God of Bishop David Oyedepo.

I dey dance Sekem for u so.. grin

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:48pm On Jul 31, 2014
Idazbawz: I deferred my admission after receiving my visa....

That option is better--i guess! cheesy
cheesy You see that? cheesy You're like a tiger. Very smart. But I'm telling something to someone who doesn't have the lionheart. smiley

Take a look at his interview date and I-20, the VO may not show him the kind of love he showed to you. This is the problem. smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 3:51pm On Jul 31, 2014
Joenice: cheesy You see that? cheesy You're like a tiger. Very smart. But I'm telling something to someone who doesn't have the lion heart. smiley

Take a look at his interview date and his I-20, the VO may not show him the kind of love he showed to you. This is the problem. smiley

You're on point! smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 3:57pm On Jul 31, 2014
Joenice: cheesy You see that? cheesy You're like a tiger. Very smart. But I'm telling something to someone who doesn't have the lionheart. smiley

Take a look at his interview date and I-20, the VO may not show him the kind of love he showed to you. This is the problem. smiley

If NL paid salary for using the Smileys and Emoticons, Joebelly would be earning the most. grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bimbola85(m): 3:59pm On Jul 31, 2014
stevecrun: I left ikeja with my cousin and his wife at about 5.30am to victoria island.
The journey has not been easy only those that know me will attest.
I thank God for his mercies and unending favour.
Walspring,is a good friend and brother,God will make u smile
Gre8ever,your calls and words of encouragement
Graviton
Bimbola,thanks for correcting my mistakes before i headed to the consulate
Slimmy,God will make you smile soon
Teddyrain,not forgetting u bro...your prayer lines helped too.
If ive not mentioned you no vex,my brain full now.

And my mother,without her i won't be here..I love you mom..she's the happiest mom now in the world..

All those who are headed there soon,be steadfast and commit your needs to God.
I cut off with my girlfriend cos of american visa,am sorry babe,cut off sex,cut off drinking.I was closer to God..
More testimonies sha abound here.

Its being a long journey..THANK GOD WE MADE IT TO AMERICA

Bro, I'm the happiest person on earth right now.

WITH GOD ALL THINGS ARE POSSIBLE

Congratulations fellow Criminologist.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:05pm On Jul 31, 2014
Amefrica:

You're on point! smiley
American wonder cheesy, my friend

I recall one day, my brother, cousin and I went somewhere to drink, coming back it was a little dark and we were strolling home, suddenly my brother jumped and then I jumped too, but unfortunately my cousin did not and his feet went slightly into the puddle. My cousin was like, why didn't we tell him there was a puddle in there, I was like why didn't you jump. I actually didn't see it but because my brother jumped, I had to jump too. cheesy Do I live there to know there was a puddle. cheesy cheesy grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:10pm On Jul 31, 2014
Joenice: American wonder cheesy, my friend

I recall one day, my brother, cousin and I went somewhere to drink, coming back it was a little dark and we were strolling home, suddenly my brother jumped and then I jumped too, but unfortunately my cousin did not and his feet went slightly into the puddle. My cousin was like, why didn't we tell him there was a puddle in there, I was like why didn't you jump. I actually didn't see it but because my brother jumped, I had jump too. Do I live there to know there was a puddle. cheesy cheesy grin

Hahaha!

As a man wey sabi.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperioux: 4:12pm On Jul 31, 2014
stevecrun: Thank God we made it to America.

Visa granted,@Lagos consulate..transcript coming soon.

Cheers!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 4:13pm On Jul 31, 2014
mandybaby2007:
Do not make any arangement that involves monie b4 visa except u r ready 2start fighting for refund if God forbid... Also do not stay in d hostel, unlike Naija where hostel is 100times cheaper than offcamp, in yanke, d reverse is d case, hostel is more expensive than offcamp, wen school closes hostel also closes, where will u go? Except u have family. Even wen u have family 2b carying ur load around everytyme school closes is not easy. Certain hostels cooking is not allowed so wetin go hapen 2all d Naija food u r bringing? D few hostels dat alow cooking d rules r so stringent dat wen u go u must stand by d food dey pray, if d food too smell(like wen u boil okporoko) na wahala or small smoke comes out from d food like wen u wan fry stew or plantain d alarm wil go off nd campus police go land 2give u warning.
at the bold: not all schools.... my school's dorm accommodates students even during summer holiday
I'm living a full residence life cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:14pm On Jul 31, 2014
Graviton2:

If NL paid salary for using the Smileys and Emoticons, Joebelly would be earning the most. grin
Hahahaha yes, my brother. And your Igbo sense won't stop me from laughing. cheesy

Igbo KWENU once again! smiley
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by mandybaby2007: 4:16pm On Jul 31, 2014
Amefrica:

Mandybaby, what's up? It's been forever oo..
Hi Amefrica, am good, had phone issues and sometimes wen u miss somedays catching up with the thread is always more than a herculean task.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:19pm On Jul 31, 2014
Amefrica:

Hahaha!

As a man wey sabi.
yes. life is like jungle, only the niggas survive cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperioux: 4:21pm On Jul 31, 2014
Idazbawz: at the bold: not all schools.... my school's dorm accommodates students even during summer holiday

It's true for most schools/dorms. When the school closes, dorms and cafeterias closed except for some expensive dorms, which allow year round tenancy and personal cooking. This expensive dorms mostly house the grad students (MS and PhD) or couples.

Sometimes, cheap dorms open for a price, which is different from what you paid at the beginning of the semester. They usually use break periods for the maintenance of the dorms such as fumigation, painting, renovation, replacement of broken bed etc. However, .
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:21pm On Jul 31, 2014
mandybaby2007:
Hi Amefrica, am good, had phone issues and sometimes wen u miss somedays catching up with the thread is always more than a herculean task.

I guess you missed my success story.. cheesy
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 4:21pm On Jul 31, 2014
Joenice: Hahahaha yes, my brother. And your Igbo sense won't stopped me from laughing. cheesy

Igbo KWENU once again! smiley

Igbo boys look at situations and see opportunities to make money — it's genetic. Lol.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 4:22pm On Jul 31, 2014
Hello friends.
When filling ds160, that part where they ask edit US point of contact,
Whose contact should be there??
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:23pm On Jul 31, 2014
Joenice: yes. life is like jungle, only the niggas survive cheesy

#Gbamest!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by mandybaby2007: 4:24pm On Jul 31, 2014
Idazbawz: at the bold: not all schools.... my school's dorm accommodates students even during summer holiday
Summer is not a holiday becos many pple take summer classes. Does ur hostel remain open at d end of fall semester? I.e between end of fall semester in Dec nd begining of spring semester in january. If yes, are u sure?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:25pm On Jul 31, 2014
Graviton2:

Igbo boys look at situations and see opportunities to make money — it's genetic. Lol.
but i prefer yoruba guys. if an igbo man is friendly to you, it means he wants something from you. i like yorubas joor.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bimbola85(m): 4:29pm On Jul 31, 2014
Can I carry about 15kg of Garri so far my box doesn't exceed the 23kg per box rule?

I be confirmed Ijebu Boi and can't do without my Ijebu Garri ooooo. cheesy

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by imperioux: 4:30pm On Jul 31, 2014
bimbola85: Can I carry about 15kg of Garri so far my box doesn't exceed the 23kg per box rule?

Tuwale baba Ijebu!

It's been a long time sir. How are you doing?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 4:32pm On Jul 31, 2014
mandybaby2007:
Summer is not a holiday becos many pple take summer classes. Does ur hostel remain open at d end of fall semester? I.e between end of fall semester in Dec nd begining of spring semester in january. If yes, are u sure?
most def
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 4:34pm On Jul 31, 2014
mandybaby2007:

I think booking off campus is better.
In my case my school asked me to pay $8k when I resume sch and to bring additional funds for living expense..
If I book off campus, I will have to look for more money to pay for accomodation offcampus..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:35pm On Jul 31, 2014
bimbola85: Can I carry about 15kg of Garri so far my box doesn't exceed the 23kg per box rule?

Haba! Wetin nah? grin

10kg don dey ok joor..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 4:35pm On Jul 31, 2014

Are you staying on campus and have you heard the students review of your hostel??
You have to be sure and prepared bro..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 4:41pm On Jul 31, 2014
Joenice: but i prefer yoruba guys. if an igbo man is friendly to you, it means he wants something from you. i like yorubas joor.

I disagree with you bro (not because of the fact that I am igbo)
I believe in personality not tribalism..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 4:46pm On Jul 31, 2014
Joenice: but i prefer yoruba guys. if an igbo man is friendly to you, it means he wants something from you. i like yorubas joor.

I don't want to start a tribal e-war. wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by mandybaby2007: 4:46pm On Jul 31, 2014
Amefrica:

I guess you missed my success story.. cheesy
Serious??!!! Ha, lemme rewind and check o! I had 2skip many pages cos I just tire, d more I was trying 2catchup d more d thread was flying adding more pages
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 4:49pm On Jul 31, 2014
mandybaby2007:
Serious??!!! Ha, lemme rewind and check o! I had 2skip many pages cos I just tire, d more I was trying 2catchup d more d thread was flying adding more pages

LOL!

Lemme save you the stress... www.nairaland.com/1482362/general-u.s.a-student-visa-enquiries-part5/317#24784726
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 4:49pm On Jul 31, 2014
domex007: Hello friends.
When filling ds160, that part where they ask edit US point of contact,
Whose contact should be there??

Your international student advisor. Infact, the name and address signed on your i-20.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 4:49pm On Jul 31, 2014
Graviton2:

I don't want to start a tribal e-war. wink

Nwanna, if the yorubas too show theirselves, we ggo start the war ooo..
#igbo man till I die..

(1) (2) (3) ... (412) (413) (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 41
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.