Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,299 members, 7,887,888 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 03:48 PM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (417) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (457887 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by prettyprettywow: 8:55pm On Jul 31, 2014
you can give the lecturers the 3 forms from the schools at once. Because they are likely to write the same thing. They must not all be professors. you can have 2 professors and one junior lecturer. But they should be able to know you well in case
godG: O Beautiful People,

Please, those who applied to more than one school for graduate admission, how did you go about getting Letters of Recommendation? If you applied to 3 schools for instance, was it that you disturbed each lecturer on three different occasions? I can't imagine stressing all those old ogas in Ife o.

Also, must the lectures be all Profs.? Meanwhile, my profound gratitude to imperiouxx and bbdd. Sirs, you are lifesavers.

Graviton2, whatever your decision, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Keep walking tall. Nna mehn, it will end in praise. A jara for you: may the almighty keep delivering the scalps of your enemies to your bedroom door!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by godG: 9:06pm On Jul 31, 2014
slimmy05: Hmmm godG, hope you're not living the married life. A whole 19800 shocked cheesy. Don't worry. You'll scale through. Just arrange yourself first.

The allowee na peanuts o. If not for some kind side package wey I dey do, I for dey call home o. cheesy I can't remember the last time I did that. Manning up, man. Okay, ermm, I been dey reason one yarinya like that. wink
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by godG: 9:07pm On Jul 31, 2014
prettyprettywow: you can give the lecturers the 3 forms from the schools at once. Because they are likely to write the same thing. They must not all be professors. you can have 2 professors and one junior lecturer. But they should be able to know you well in case

Thanks, dear. God bless you real good. +May none of your children resemble your neighbor!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by godG: 9:09pm On Jul 31, 2014
godG:

One more thing, is To Whom accepted for WES evaluation? But brother, this WES thing na money o, allowee don finish choi! sad grin
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Faraidi(m): 9:23pm On Jul 31, 2014
Does any one know the sevis price at Cotonou in naira?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:26pm On Jul 31, 2014
godG:

The allowee na peanuts o. If not for some kind side package wey I dey do, I for dey call home o. cheesy I can't remember the last time I did that. Manning up, man. Okay, ermm, I been dey reason one yarinya like that. wink
Koboko for ya back. You're almost done.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by McKinzie: 9:28pm On Jul 31, 2014
Idazbawz: how do I enroll bro?

It's easy bro.. Just follow the process..

http://www.emirates.com/account/us/english/light-registration/index.aspx

Once you join, go through the instructions.. you can always start adding flights immediately after your first flight..

Keep earning miles bro..

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 9:28pm On Jul 31, 2014
Has anyone here sat for the ACT exams — Please indicate.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jul 31, 2014
Graviton2: Has anyone here sat for the ACT exams — Please indicate.

the ACT exam is not administered outside US and Canada.................. SAT all the way
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 9:37pm On Jul 31, 2014
Idazbawz: grin grin... shey u no dey fear ni? cry okay, I concur... cry cry

I didn't hear that... Concur with what?

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 9:49pm On Jul 31, 2014
cryptography:

the ACT exam is not administered outside US and Canada.................. SAT all the way

You are wrong.http://nigeria.thebeehive.org/content/346/2151 — There are centres in Ghana, Nigeria etc.

Back to the matter, has anyone taken the ACT exam here?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 9:57pm On Jul 31, 2014
mandybaby2007:
Do not make any arangement that involves monie b4 visa except u r ready 2start fighting for refund if God forbid... Also do not stay in d hostel, unlike Naija where hostel is 100times cheaper than offcamp, in yanke, d reverse is d case, hostel is more expensive than offcamp, wen school closes hostel also closes, where will u go? Except u have family. Even wen u have family 2b carying ur load around everytyme school closes is not easy. Certain hostels cooking is not allowed so wetin go hapen 2all d Naija food u r bringing? D few hostels dat alow cooking d rules r so stringent dat wen u go u must stand by d food dey pray, if d food too smell(like wen u boil okporoko) na wahala or small smoke comes out from d food like wen u wan fry stew or plantain d alarm wil go off nd campus police go land 2give u warning.

LWKMD!
You guys won't kill someone.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:00pm On Jul 31, 2014
Graviton2:

You are wrong.http://nigeria.thebeehive.org/content/346/2151

Back to the matter, has anyone taken the ACT exam here?

Not too many people take this exam bro..Why do u want to tow this path?

Is this required by your school?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 10:00pm On Jul 31, 2014
Graviton2:

Igbo boys look at situations and see opportunities to make money — it's genetic. Lol.

Bless You!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 10:09pm On Jul 31, 2014
Datanonymous: Mehn... This 13hours nah wah ooo!!!

Pele!
My own is worse.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 10:13pm On Jul 31, 2014
stevecrun: Not too many people take this exam bro..Why do u want to tow this path?

Is this required by your school?

Yes, It's very necessary.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 10:33pm On Jul 31, 2014
Graviton2:

Yes, It's very necessary.
okay
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Faraidi(m): 10:36pm On Jul 31, 2014
Does anyone know tha amount of SAVIS fee now? I mean total amount if one has to pay it in Cotonou
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 11:02pm On Jul 31, 2014
phemix: @AMEFRICA,

YOU'VE GOT A PM, PLS RESPOND SIR

Responded!
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 11:22pm On Jul 31, 2014
domex007:

Are you staying on campus and have you heard the students review of your hostel??
You have to be sure and prepared bro..
been done dat... my has several residence hall... there are some that closes during d hols.... while other don't close during hols....
Intl student are only eligible to stay in dorms that opens during hols, like mine
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 11:22pm On Jul 31, 2014
Faraidi: Does anyone know tha amount of SAVIS fee now? I mean total amount if one has to pay it in Cotonou
just go with about #42k...
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Idazbawz(m): 11:25pm On Jul 31, 2014
imperioux:

It's true for most schools/dorms. When the school closes, dorms and cafeterias closed except for some expensive dorms, which allow year round tenancy and personal cooking. This expensive dorms mostly house the grad students (MS and PhD) or couples.

Sometimes, cheap dorms open for a price, which is different from what you paid at the beginning of the semester. They usually use break periods for the maintenance of the dorms such as fumigation, painting, renovation, replacement of broken bed etc. However, .
this is where I belong sir
Idazbawz: been done dat... mine has several residence hall... there are some that closes during d hols.... while other don't close during hols....
Intl student are only eligible to stay in dorms that opens during hols, like mine
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bbdd: 11:34pm On Jul 31, 2014
godG:

Gracias, brotherly! One more thing, is To Whom accepted for WES evaluation? But brother, this WES thing na money o, allowee don finish choi! sad grin

Ehn to whom how??
Man the only thing worse than wes fees is having your docs trashed by wes
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by godG: 11:37pm On Jul 31, 2014
bbdd:

Ehn to whom how??
Man the only thing worse than wes fees is having your docs trashed by wes

As in, is the To Whom issued by schools before the original certificate get printed acceptable by WES?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Dot1(m): 11:39pm On Jul 31, 2014
godG: O Beautiful People,

Please, those who applied to more than one school for graduate admission, how did you go about getting Letters of Recommendation? If you applied to 3 schools for instance, was it that you disturbed each lecturer on three different occasions? I can't imagine stressing all those old ogas in Ife o.

Also, must the lectures be all Profs.? Meanwhile, my profound gratitude to imperiouxx and bbdd. Sirs, you are lifesavers.

Graviton2, whatever your decision, my thoughts and prayers are with you. Keep walking tall. Nna mehn, it will end in praise. A jara for you: may the almighty keep delivering the scalps of your enemies to your bedroom door!
It depends on u and how u wanna go about it. When I did mine I made sure I called all of them & told them that I would be applying to 2 schools. After they all agreed to be my recommenders, I submitted their details sameday to both schools. I knew the schools wud send the recommendation form (immediately) after submitting their details. So that made it easy for them (recommenders) to do, i.e filling similar recommendation forms subsequently. That saved all of us (involved) lots of stress.
U can decide to do that too, filling d recommenders form for the 3 schools at d same time
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by godG: 11:42pm On Jul 31, 2014
Dot1:
It depends on u and how u wanna go about it. When I did mine I made sure I called all of them & told them that I would be applying to 2 schools. After they all agreed to be my recommenders, I submitted their details sameday to both schools. I knew the schools wud send the recommendation form (immediately) after submitting their details. So that made it easy for them (recommenders) to do, i.e filling similar recommendation forms subsequently. That saved all of us (involved) lots of stress.
U can decide to do that too, filling d recommenders form for d 3 schools at d same time

I love this! Holistic approach. God bless you, Mr. Dotun.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Dot1(m): 11:49pm On Jul 31, 2014
godG:

I love this! Holistic approach. God bless you, Mr. Dotun.
Amen and u too
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bbdd: 11:53pm On Jul 31, 2014
godG:

As in, is the To Whom issued by schools before the original certificate get printed acceptable by WES?

Please send just your cert or statement of result and transcript.
Any other doc is a potential complication.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Dot1(m): 11:55pm On Jul 31, 2014
Congrats to everybody; those that got their visas approved, those that got their passports back with visa, those that av travelled already, those that got denied but believe they will retry & get it, those waiting for spring & those that aced GRE. Been lagging behind for long, cos of work. Back now grin

2 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by godG: 11:55pm On Jul 31, 2014
bbdd:

Please send just your cert or statement of result and transcript.
Any other doc is a potential complication.

I know that. Now that I know that To Whom/Statement of Results (how we call it in Ife) is OK, I think I'm good. Thanks, bro.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bbdd: 11:59pm On Jul 31, 2014
godG:

I know that. Now that I know that To Whom/Statement of Results (how we call it in Ife) is OK, I think I'm good. Thanks, bro.

Oh ok.
It is.

The recommendation thing though. Im doing 7 schools. Now tell me about that stress.

One thing is this and I've told myself over and over.
I don't care if the lecturer can't press a keyboard.
Im getting my recommendation.
Simple and short.

Get like 5 lecturers and disperse it among them
They hardly say no to these things.
So if you have like 5 you can just share if among them so they don't feel like you're disturbing them or something.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by godG: 12:05am On Aug 01, 2014
bbdd:

Oh ok.
It is.

The recommendation thing though. Im doing 7 schools. Now tell me about that stress.

One thing is this and I've told myself over and over.
I don't care if the lecturer can't press a keyboard.
Im getting my recommendation.
Simple and short.

Get like 5 lecturers and disperse it among them
They hardly say no to these things.
So if you have like 5 you can just share if among them so they don't feel like you're disturbing them or something.

7? As in s-e-v-e-n? grin Wow! God help us. smiley

(1) (2) (3) ... (414) (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part4

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.