Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,168,908 members, 7,872,943 topics. Date: Thursday, 27 June 2024 at 04:55 AM

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 - Travel (418) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 (457008 Views)

General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 8 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 7 / General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part 6 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) ... (501) (Go Down)

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by ridimic1: 12:06am On Aug 01, 2014
are u guz saying d sch one intendiing applying to wil send recomendation forms to u for ur profs to fill..?

i tot d recommendation letter is usually a letter written and printed by d recomenders
or is der a diference between it and letter of reference
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by bbdd: 12:13am On Aug 01, 2014
godG:

7? As in s-e-v-e-n? grin Wow! God help us. smiley

Err.... In my field that's common
Because admission is tight.

Ppl do up to 10. No kidding.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by goldenchic(f): 12:39am On Aug 01, 2014
Mjseun:

Congratulations gal. Collected mine 8:48am today. Which State you heading to?
Virginia. Congratulations dear. See you at the top!

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 1:21am On Aug 01, 2014
bbdd:

Oh ok.
It is.

The recommendation thing though. Im doing 7 schools. Now tell me about that stress.

One thing is this and I've told myself over and over.
I don't care if the lecturer can't press a keyboard.
Im getting my recommendation.
Simple and short.

Get like 5 lecturers and disperse it among them
They hardly say no to these things.
So if you have like 5 you can just share if among them so they don't feel like you're disturbing them or something.

God is our strength! I'll be applying to 6 schools. It wouldn't be easy but with God, we will all get there.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 1:26am On Aug 01, 2014
godG:

I love this! Holistic approach. God bless you, Mr. Dotun.

I'm having an even harder situation, all the schools I found are requesting for professor and school official recommendations — the annoying part is, I'm very far away from my secondary school.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Dot1(m): 4:45am On Aug 01, 2014
ridimic1: are u guz saying d sch one intendiing applying to wil send recomendation forms to u for ur profs to fill..?

i tot d recommendation letter is usually a letter written and printed by d recomenders
Recommendations come in different forms depending on school. Some schools do online recommendations whereby forms are sent to your recommenders to fill. Others require you to print the form online and give to ur recommenders to fill, then either scanning and send to the school or you send it with ur application package. Some schools only receive letters written by ur recommenders and submitted to them using either their commercial or official email addresses
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mjseun(m): 6:45am On Aug 01, 2014
Saw this on US embassy website this morning and read thus:
The Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs is currently experiencing technical problems with our visa system.  We are operating at a significantly reduced capacity and will be until we clear the document backlog.
This issue is worldwide and is not specific to any particular country, citizenship document, or visa category.
We are working urgently to correct the problem and expect our system to be fully operational again soon.  We will be posting updates to Travel.State.Gov as more information becomes available.
The U.S. Department of State is currently experiencing technical problems with its visa system, which are affecting global operations.  This issue is worldwide and is not specific to any particular country or visa category.  We recognize and deeply regret the inconvenience to travelers.  We are doing everything possible to return passports with visas as soon as we are able to complete processing.  We regret that we are currently unable to predict how long the delay will be.

Applicants who interviewed with the U.S. Embassy/Consulate after July 21 and would like their passports returned to them without the U.S. visa may contact the call center at  014406295 or by email at support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com with their name and passport number.

Applicants who have an urgent need to travel to the United States may contact the call center at 014406295 or by email at support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com with their name, passport number, and nature of the emergency.  Please understand that only true emergencies of an extraordinary humanitarian nature can be considered for exceptional handling.

I had my interview that same day at the bolded and I was actually thinking of cancelling it for later day. Thank you Jesus I didn't listen to the thought.

As for you still waiting for your visa to be issued God will touch the system on time and it will begin work perfectly in Jesus name.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:40am On Aug 01, 2014
Mjseun: Saw this on US embassy website this morning and read thus:
The Department of State Bureau of Consular Affairs is currently experiencing technical problems with our visa system.  We are operating at a significantly reduced capacity and will be until we clear the document backlog.
This issue is worldwide and is not specific to any particular country, citizenship document, or visa category.
We are working urgently to correct the problem and expect our system to be fully operational again soon.  We will be posting updates to Travel.State.Gov as more information becomes available.
The U.S. Department of State is currently experiencing technical problems with its visa system, which are affecting global operations.  This issue is worldwide and is not specific to any particular country or visa category.  We recognize and deeply regret the inconvenience to travelers.  We are doing everything possible to return passports with visas as soon as we are able to complete processing.  We regret that we are currently unable to predict how long the delay will be.

Applicants who interviewed with the U.S. Embassy/Consulate after July 21 and would like their passports returned to them without the U.S. visa may contact the call center at  014406295 or by email at support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com with their name and passport number.

Applicants who have an urgent need to travel to the United States may contact the call center at 014406295 or by email at support-nigeria@ustraveldocs.com with their name, passport number, and nature of the emergency.  Please understand that only true emergencies of an extraordinary humanitarian nature can be considered for exceptional handling.

I had my interview that same day at the bolded and I was actually thinking of cancelling it for later day. Thank you Jesus I didn't listen to the thought.

As for you still waiting for your visa to be issued God will touch the system on time and it will begin work perfectly in Jesus name.
did you get this mail today or the old mail?

So,its this going to affect those that got their visas approved this week?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by repsin(m): 7:46am On Aug 01, 2014
Dot1:
Recommendations come in different forms depending on school. Some schools do online recommendations whereby forms are sent to your recommenders to fill. Others require you to print the form online and give to ur recommenders to fill, then either scanning and send to the school or you send it with ur application package. Some schools only receive letters written by ur recommenders and submitted to them using either their commercial or official email addresses
True. From my own lil research about 90% of graduate schools require online recommendation, this is because most schools don't wanna deal with papers either your transcript, recommendation letters, SOP, resume, writing samples will be uploaded. Sothe applicant will provide the names and emails of two or three recommenders depending on your school and a link will be sent for them to most times upload or copy n paste the recommendation letter and u waive the right to view the letters. 7% will require you to mail the letters to them and they will provide you with their address. I always beg guys to contact there schools ask questions about anything. Like some schools will prefer u address the letters to ur intending department will others tooffice of Admissions. This kinda schools they like papers gan they will even tell u to mail ur transcript directly to them 3% u just scan and send the letters by email.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 7:59am On Aug 01, 2014
This is August ist,the first day of another great month.
May this month bring smiles unto the faces of those heading to the consulate/embassy.

Long live the USA Student Visa thread.

6 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 8:04am On Aug 01, 2014
Idazbawz: been done dat... my has several residence hall... there are some that closes during d hols.... while other don't close during hols....
Intl student are only eligible to stay in dorms that opens during hols, like mine

Nice.. Enjoy bro.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 8:05am On Aug 01, 2014
stevecrun: This is August ist,the first day of another great month.
May this month bring smiles unto the faces of those heading to the consulate/embassy.

Long live the USA Student Visa thread.

a thunderous AMEN!..

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 8:07am On Aug 01, 2014
stevecrun: did you get this mail today or the old mail?

Try not to bother about this!
Pls, just place your fears to God.
You have gotten your visa already..
Congrats once more bro and goodluck
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 8:07am On Aug 01, 2014
Whenever its our turn to be approved visa,the machine will not fumble in jesus mighty name.
Happy week ahead

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by decreamaster(m): 8:10am On Aug 01, 2014
domex007:

So because he has gotten his means he shouldn't care about the rest who r yet to get theirs?
Abeg o just answer d question
Is it new or old?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 8:15am On Aug 01, 2014
AUGUST 2014.
I release this word of prophesy on this trend to those going for visa interview:
May the Lord send His angels to make our path smooth, amen
May He grant us safety and preserve us from any accident.
May He show us Mercy as he show David in Ps51.
May He lead us from every denying VO.
May He protect us from our enemies and bad wishes with the prayers of ps 91.
May He cover the Embassy with the Blood of His son Jesus..
May He give us testimonies now and forever more, AmEN, AMEN, AMEN..
Happy new month and goodluck..

8 Likes

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Nobody: 8:16am On Aug 01, 2014
domex007:

Am less than bothered bro.
Thanks broda.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 8:18am On Aug 01, 2014
decreamaster:
So because he has gotten his means he shouldn't care about the rest who r yet to get theirs?
Abeg o just answer d question
Is it new or old?

Pls don't misunderstand me bro,
I didn't say he should care less about those who are yet to get theirs,
We are mere Humans and can't do anything about situations like this but can only look upon the Lord, worrying will only cause more problems..
Goodluck bro
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 8:21am On Aug 01, 2014
decreamaster: Whenever its our turn to be approved visa,the machine will not fumble in jesus mighty name.
Happy week ahead

Amen!
God is in control.

1 Like

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dsemondlizzy: 8:37am On Aug 01, 2014
Happy new month house! I need urgent answers to the following questions please. I've applied for US visa twice with denial. Am a busy businessman so I applied through agents both times I was denied. A friend introduced me to dis thread and asked me to reapply as a graduate cos I have my Bsc already. Now, I need to know if I can start all over again with a new Ds160. The previous applications were meant to attend a seminar in d states. Can I still reapply as a student? What are the necessary things I also need to know before I start applying for admissions?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 8:57am On Aug 01, 2014
dsemondlizzy: Happy new month house! I need urgent answers to the following questions please. I've applied for US visa twice with denial. Am a busy businessman so I applied through agents both times I was denied. A friend introduced me to dis thread and asked me to reapply as a graduate cos I have my Bsc already. Now, I need to know if I can start all over again with a new Ds160. The previous applications were meant to attend a seminar in d states. Can I still reapply as a student? What are the necessary things I also need to know before I start applying for admissions?

You need to search for schools (universities) of your choice on the internet using usnews.com, google.com etc
Contact them and ask them for their requirements.
Prepare for standard tests like GRE and TOEFL since you r going for Masters.
Goodluck Sir
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dsemondlizzy: 9:05am On Aug 01, 2014
domex007:

You need to search for schools (universities) of your choice on the internet using usnews.com, google.com etc
Contact them and ask them for their requirements.
Prepare for standard tests like GRE and TOEFL since you r going for Masters.
Goodluck Sir
I've filled a DS 120 before. Won't I encounter any problem if I fill another DS160 hopefully after getting the admission?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by honeyad(m): 9:08am On Aug 01, 2014
dsemondlizzy:
I've filled a DS 120 before. Won't I encounter any problem if I fill another DS160 hopefully after getting the admission?

No you won't.. As long as you will not be making unnecessary changes or lie.. If an agent filled it DS120 earlier, kindly ask him questions to be sure so you won't shoot yourself..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by domex007: 9:19am On Aug 01, 2014
dsemondlizzy:

No, the formal ds160 was for visiting, this one is for studies.. Honeyad has said it all, contact your formal agent to ask him specific questions and do not tell him you are going to apply for a visa..
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Stewee(m): 9:27am On Aug 01, 2014
dsemondlizzy: Happy new month house! I need urgent answers to the following questions please. I've applied for US visa twice with denial. Am a busy businessman so I applied through agents both times I was denied. A friend introduced me to dis thread and asked me to reapply as a graduate cos I have my Bsc already. Now, I need to know if I can start all over again with a new Ds160. The previous applications were meant to attend a seminar in d states. Can I still reapply as a student? What are the necessary things I also need to know before I start applying for admissions?

Bros,we hail!
First you desperately seem like an intending immigrant. (No offence)
I believe a B1 visa is what you need.

Student visa's require a lot of work and you don't even seem like you really wana go there to study so you don't risk another refusal.

Posting the transcripts of your previous interview won't be a bad idea... Let's start from there. Remember you already have a history so you can't be too careful.

How long ago where your previous refusals?
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by dsemondlizzy: 10:04am On Aug 01, 2014
Stewee:

Bros,we hail!
First you desperately seem like an intending immigrant. (No offence)
I believe a B1 visa is what you need.

Student visa's require a lot of work and you don't even seem like you really wana go there to study so you don't risk another refusal.

Posting the transcripts of your previous interview won't be a bad idea... Let's start from there. Remember you already have a history so you can't be too careful.
Thanks bro! Am not as desperate as I sounded, just that time is on no man's side. I can't vividly recall my transcripts but the lady who interviewed me the first time had already given me a pick up slip before she returned my passport again. I don't what went wrong but I've been going through agents. Both denials were may and July respectively. I've decided to go and do my master's now cos I need it. I've been following this thread for a while so I have little idea of how to procure an admission already by myself. My major fear is the previous Ds120 I've filled. I just need to know if it won't affect my F1 visa application in the nearest future before I put in my time and resources. I'm already taken classes for GRE cos am an Engineering student. Juss shed more light please

How long ago where your previous refusals?

Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mckenziii(m): 10:08am On Aug 01, 2014
domex007: AUGUST 2014.
I release this word of prophesy on this trend to those going for visa interview:
May the Lord send His angels to make our path smooth, amen
May He grant us safety and preserve us from any accident.
May He show us Mercy as he show David in Ps51.
May He lead us from every denying VO.
May He protect us from our enemies and bad wishes with the prayers of ps 91.
May He cover the Embassy with the Blood of His son Jesus..
May He give us testimonies now and forever more, AmEN, AMEN, AMEN..
Happy new month and goodluck..
Amen#
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Theflint1(m): 10:11am On Aug 01, 2014
Graviton2:

Yes, It's very necessary.
this road is one much less travelled, why don't u call d school(s) and ask 'em if they accept SAT(there normally exists an SAT-ACT conversion scale). But just in case, MIKON in Benin takes the ACT, not 100% sure, so u cud Google 'em and check for their contacts.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Mjseun(m): 10:33am On Aug 01, 2014
stevecrun: did you get this mail today or the old mail?

Not an email bro. Go to the ustraveldocs.com. You will see it there. That's where I saw it.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Ashigolo(m): 10:37am On Aug 01, 2014
ridimic1: are u guz saying d sch one intendiing applying to wil send recomendation forms to u for ur profs to fill..?

it depends on the school but most schools accept online recommendation. They automatically send a 'request for recomendation' email to your referee once u fill in his/her details in your application. I could remember during my application, 2 of my recomenders (drs) would ask me to bring my system with my modem to their offices (claimed they were busy) so they could just send the letter (I would even composed and filled myself while they jst vet) and a prof even trusted me with his email and password that I logged in into his account to send a recomendation whenever I needed one..lol. It all depends on your relationship with them.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by streetMic(m): 11:22am On Aug 01, 2014
zee biko u got ping.
Re: General U.s.a (student) Visa Enquiries-part5 by Graviton2(m): 11:26am On Aug 01, 2014
Theflint1: this road is one much less travelled, why don't u call d school(s) and ask 'em if they accept SAT(there normally exists an SAT-ACT conversion scale). But just in case, MIKON in Benin takes the ACT, not 100% sure, so u cud Google 'em and check for their contacts.

Thanks a lot, bro. I'll check it out.

Edited: I just found out the exam isn't held in Nigeria — The closest place one can take the ACT test is in Ghana.

Does anyone know where I can download ACT study materials?

(1) (2) (3) ... (415) (416) (417) (418) (419) (420) (421) ... (501)

Travelling To Canada / All TEF Candidates For Canada Immigration, Let's Meet Here! / Canadian Student Visa Thread Part 23

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 63
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.