Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,895 members, 7,980,138 topics. Date: Sunday, 20 October 2024 at 06:45 AM

Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 (30636 Views)

2015 Election Debate/Town Hall Meeting, APC Not Represented! / Nigeria Election Debate Group Releases Timetable For Presidential Debates / Anambra Governorship Election Debate On AIT On Oct 29th And 31st 2013. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by opalu: 9:17pm On Oct 26, 2013
Constituent projects by Ngige:
Construction of 3 school blocks and many more,
He participated in 10 ammendment bills

2 Likes

Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by opalu: 9:19pm On Oct 26, 2013
Other candidates mistakenly or purposely refer †̥☺ Ngige as your Excellency!

2 Likes

Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by naptu2: 9:24pm On Oct 26, 2013
Moderator reads a document from his ipad. The document states that Willie Obiano will pay a certain amount of money to the APGA Chairman.

Does it mean that you've signed away Anambra State.

Answer: it is my detractors. We are selling our manifestos here. Someone who doesn't have any policies to sell has produced that document.

My signature is known to the public. It's been published in newspapers.

2 Likes

Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by opalu: 9:25pm On Oct 26, 2013
This Willy Willy guy did not nail the issue of d agreement with apga chairman. Instead he attacked the professor for saying he has highest academic degree
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by naptu2: 9:26pm On Oct 26, 2013
Candidates will pose questions to each other.
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by opalu: 9:27pm On Oct 26, 2013
This willy guy asked Ngige some stupid questions of saying he has № wife.

Ngige said his wife is a busy health professional

2 Likes

Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by Nobody: 9:28pm On Oct 26, 2013
Even my wife who hates politics with a passion spoke about the dull and dour mannerism of Willie Obiano.

If this man is who Peter Obi wants to foist on Ndi Anambra then its a pity

I can't imagine Prof Charles Soludo being amongst these candidates tonite....it would have been a no contest!
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by naptu2: 9:30pm On Oct 26, 2013
Willie Obiano asks Ngige:

Is it true, some say you are not qualified to be governor because you don't have a family, you went to a shrine and you've not sponsored any bill for your constituents.

Ngige: maybe they don't have tv or they are blind, but I came to church with my wife. She is a professional woman. She's a medical doctor. She's very busy. Right now she's representing Nigeria in South Africa. One of my sons is affected by ASUU strike, the other is a medical doctor.

Regarding the shrine issue. Jesus Christ was taken to the mountain top by the devil and the devil said that Jesus should worship him and Jesus said NO.

16 Likes

Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by FreeGlobe(f): 9:30pm On Oct 26, 2013
going by this debate its obvious Ngige still has his massive followership intact despite the propagandas

2 Likes

Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by naptu2: 9:34pm On Oct 26, 2013
Question to Obiano:

Is it true that you are being funded by the current government (via bonds).

Obiano: If you know about financial instruments, you'll know that it's impossible to use bonds to fund campaign.

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by ifyalways(f): 9:35pm On Oct 26, 2013
Hahaha
Loff Ngige's reply to the shrine question.

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by ifyalways(f): 9:36pm On Oct 26, 2013
Btw, Naptu, good job. Well done
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by naptu2: 9:37pm On Oct 26, 2013
Ngige asks Obiano: when you were up here you mentioned jack. That's local government fund. Are you going to continue like your godfather and use LG funds as state funds?

You mentioned minimum wage and you spoke about the lowest civil servant and ignored other levels. Does that mean that you don't know the civil service structure?
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by opalu: 9:38pm On Oct 26, 2013
Ngige killed the debate. Even over hyped Soludo who crumbled Nigeria's banking sector would have flopped like Willy guy

2 Likes

Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by Chino48: 9:38pm On Oct 26, 2013
Elections are not contested and won on NL..

grin

2 Likes

Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by naptu2: 9:39pm On Oct 26, 2013
Ngige: to the professor. You say you are the most educated because you have a PhD, I don't know whether it's in music or what. You did a course that's 4 years, while I did medicine, which takes a longer time. How can you say that you are more educated than I am?
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by naptu2: 9:43pm On Oct 26, 2013
From the audience to Obiano: Local Government elections have not been conducted since Ngige was governor, how can you assure us that elections will be conducted.

Answer: elections will be conducted. But remember that elections are not conducted by the party. They are conducted by Anambra Electoral Commission.
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 9:44pm On Oct 26, 2013
Ngige is one funny broda grin

Abeg, shey Ifeanyi Uba dey the debate?
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by ifyalways(f): 9:44pm On Oct 26, 2013
naptu2: Ngige: to the professor. You say you are the most educated because you have a PhD, I don't know whether it's in music or what. You did a course that's 4 years, while I did medicine, which takes a longer time. How can you say that you are more educated than I am?
lol
Ngige get "sharp and bad " mouth.

I expected someone from yhe audience to have used the opportunity to ask him where and when he ever practiced medicine
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by ifyalways(f): 9:45pm On Oct 26, 2013
Afam4eva: Ngige is one funny broda grin

Abeg, shey Ifeanyi Uba dey the debate?
He didn't go,apparently.
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by naptu2: 9:46pm On Oct 26, 2013
grin

The moderator is trying to stop Ngige, but he doesn't want to stop.
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by naptu2: 9:47pm On Oct 26, 2013
End of debate.
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by naptu2: 9:48pm On Oct 26, 2013
ifyalways: Btw, Naptu, good job. Well done

Thanks.
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by Nobody: 9:50pm On Oct 26, 2013
Let the truth be told and the devil put to shame....Dr Chris Nwabueze Ngige schooled Willie Obiano in particular

Anambra state is too important to be left to a nursery school candidate as Obiano

Even that Godson guy and Prof Akanegbu appeared more at ease,had good command of english language,passed across their programmes well and their overall body language makes them more of a leader than Obiano

6 Likes

Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by FreeGlobe(f): 9:50pm On Oct 26, 2013
This was not a debate, Ngige just schooled the other candidates on his mastering of the state. It would only amount to a disservice if he doesn't win.

4 Likes

Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 9:51pm On Oct 26, 2013
The way i see it, Obiano doesn't have a plan for Anambra. he just wants to get in and then try his luck. It can be seen in the way he answers question using evading tactics by only giving bland answers to questions. I inferred this when he answered questions on Twitter yesterday. As far as this debate goes judging from what i'm reading here, i think Ngige nicked it. But we know debates don't win elections in Nigeria as majority of the electorate are not even aware that a debate took place. What will determine the winner of this election is their popularity and that of their party. Ndi Anambra, unu jiri ire unu guo eze unu grin

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by Chino48: 9:51pm On Oct 26, 2013
DSTV was having issues showing it..

I had to go online, from what I saw Obiano floored Ngige 100%..

1 Like

Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by Chino48: 9:54pm On Oct 26, 2013
Afam4eva: The way i see it, Obiano doesn't have a plan for Anambra. he just wants to get in and then try his luck. It can be seen in the way he answers question using evading tactics by only giving bland answers to questions. I inferred this when he answered questions on Twitter yesterday. As far as this debate goes judging from what i'm reading here, i think Ngige nicked it. But we know debates don't win elections in Nigeria as majority of the electorate are not even aware that a debate took place. What will determine the winner of this election is their popularity and that of their party. Ndi Anambra, unu jiri ire unu guo eze unu grin

Afam, you use to go off hook sometimes. How did you even get this MOD job in the first place?

How can you say the guy does not have plan for Anambra. Judging from the debate Obiano floored Ngige. Did you watch it at all.

If there was any person that has a well thought out plan it is Obiano. Ngige is just playing to the gallery..
Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by Afam4eva(m): 9:54pm On Oct 26, 2013
Chino48:
I had to go online, from what I saw Obiano floored Ngige 100%..
Between you and Rossikk, i no no who lie pass. Both of you must be competing with satan. One day lie go give you uppercut for being too ambitious with your lies.

11 Likes

Re: Anambra State Governorship Election Debate On STV on Oct 25th, 2013 by Nobody: 9:54pm On Oct 26, 2013
Chino48: Elections are not contested and won on NL..

grin

Shame on you! You posted a big fat lie that Obiano shone like a mega star yesterday....

Now we have seen with our 2 eyes the 4th rated individual he is

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Ben Murray-Bruce With His Adopted Son, Jonathan (Photo) / Pay Ransom To Kidnappers & Get A Minimum Of 15 Years Imprisonment - Senate Bill / APC Rally For Rivers Rerun Election (Live Photos)

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.