Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,163 members, 7,884,050 topics. Date: Monday, 08 July 2024 at 10:30 PM

Oduah: We’re Shocked – Kinsmen - Politics (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Oduah: We’re Shocked – Kinsmen (19972 Views)

Ministerial List: What Buhari Did That Shocked Tinubu, Osinbajo – New Telegraph / We’re Shocked By Buhari’s Support For Gbajabiamila —PDP Reps / Azazi’s Kinsmen Against His Burial In Yenagoa (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Oduah: We’re Shocked – Kinsmen by oluamid(m): 8:24pm On Oct 26, 2013
Yet the President and Mrs Oduah are presently in Jerusalem. Makes one to wonder.
Re: Oduah: We’re Shocked – Kinsmen by lee007(m): 8:31pm On Oct 26, 2013
IF THIS IS THE VILLAGE SHE COMES FROM AND THIS IS THE WAY THIER ELDERS THINK, THEN I AM NO LONGER SUPRISED.....WTF....MY PEOLE IN EKITI WILL BE TH FIRST DISOWN ME IF I BECOME SUCH NATIONAL EMBARASSMENT....AWON IRAN ILE, ALATENUJE ONIJEKUJE!!!!

dont8: The kinsfolk of embattled Minister of Aviation, Princess Stella Oduah, have said they are surprised at the groundswell of public opinion running against their most prominent daughter.

The people of Akili-Ozizor in Ogbaru Local Government Area of Anamba State told Saturday PUNCH that as far as they were concerned, the minister is the best thing that has happened to them.

They said she has not only regularly empowered young people and widows, the minister has built schools and churches for them. They listed some of the projects she has done for the community to include the building of St. Theresa’s Catholic Church, the rehabilitation of the Josephine Oduah Secondary School and the provision of a borehole.

Minister of Aviation, Ms. Stella Oduah

One of the chiefs, Boniface Osakwe, who is the Onya of Akili-Ozizor, told Saturday PUNCH that Oduah’s philanthropy extends beyond the community to the entire Ogbaru l Local Government Area, spanning all the towns located along the lower bank of the River Niger in Anambra State.

Osakwe wondered why she was being persecuted in an office that she will leave one day.

“Is it because she is a woman? Other people had been in that office. She will leave one day and another person will occupy it,” Osakwe wondered.

The President General of Akili-Ozizor Town Union, Mr. Chukwudi Igwe, simply said Oduah “is a very good woman.”

He would not be dragged into commenting on the raging car scandal circulating about the minister. “I don’t know about that. All I know is that she has been helping our people,” he added.

One young man from the community, Mr. Chidozie Ogbaekwe, said he was surprised about the car scandal. “If they bought the cars for her, she will use them now. Any problem with that?” he asked.

Ogbaekwe who said many indigent members of the community have benefited from scholarships from Oduah, however pointed out that the woman was yet to fulfil the promise she made to him about buying him a motorcycle.

“I am hoping that when she comes in December, she will give me my own motorcycle,” he said.

Oduah’s image looms large over the small and rustic community located on the bank of the River Niger. From Uga Junction, 30km away from Onitsha, where commercial motorcycles ferry people to Akili-Ozizor and other towns in Ogbaru, all the visitors need to tell the cyclists is take me to Stella’s House.

Her father, John Oduah, was the traditional ruler of the community. Her mother was the Omu, a title and office Stella has since inherited.

The only asphalt road veering off the main road in the community leads to her expansive estate, which she shares with the workers of her contracting company.

She is currently erecting a huge country home on about two hectares of land, not far from her older estate.

Last year, her entire home was submerged in the flood disaster that ravaged all the riverine communities in Anambra State.

http://www.punchng.com/feature/oduah-were-shocked-kinsmen

1 Like

Re: Oduah: We’re Shocked – Kinsmen by lee007(m): 8:34pm On Oct 26, 2013
YOU SHOULD COVER YOUR FACE IN SHAME.......AND LATER YOU WILL COME TO NAIRALAND COMPLAINING ABOUT THE COUNTRY.....WHAT KIND OF EDUCATION DO YOU PEOPLE HAVE THESE DAYS SEF!

cleobunny: All these ethnic bigots, you will wake up in the morning search online looking for a topic or story to start ethnic war on nairaland. The yoruba that do this, are from ibadan, osun, ekiti and co. Lagosians don't hate.

1 Like

Re: Oduah: We’re Shocked – Kinsmen by clemtony(m): 8:34pm On Oct 26, 2013
9ja govt and d way dey r behaving.a call has entered everybody begin 2 run up A̶̲̥̅̊η∂ down. Former house speaker did worst dan wat she did.where is he now? Pls let dem wat ever D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ feel like,who is good is always a gud person A̶̲̥̅̊η∂ a thief will still remain a thief.
Re: Oduah: We’re Shocked – Kinsmen by MichaelSokoto(m): 9:59pm On Oct 26, 2013
Lordlexyy: Enough respect to you my brother. You are a true son of your father. I am an adent follower of your post and you on many occassion has brazenly spoke against corruption and bad government. It is my wish that every Nigerian youth irrespective of our ethnic divide will with one voice condemn this monster of corruption and tribalism currently disuniting us. Btw, i am from igbo eze north local govt of Enugu state. I am first a Christian and a Nigerian, every other thing follows.
Ooh!
Jez read ya post now then concluded dat there might still be hope 4 dis great con3 smiley
Re: Oduah: We’re Shocked – Kinsmen by Ferdinandu(m): 10:17pm On Oct 26, 2013
when people learn to condemn and isolate themselves from people who has become an embarrasment by being dishonest in public office irrespective of their relationship with that person in this country then i will start to have faith and be proud in this country but until then i hide my face in shame from this jungle land.

1 Like

Re: Oduah: We’re Shocked – Kinsmen by MichaelSokoto(m): 10:19pm On Oct 26, 2013
Deschil: No, I will never be on a plane that will crash.
Didn't mean it buh pls try 2 be on d side of good deeds, not evil deeds!
Sorry!
God bless u smiley
Re: Oduah: We’re Shocked – Kinsmen by emmabest2000(m): 10:23pm On Oct 26, 2013
dont8: The kinsfolk of embattled Minister of Aviation, Princess Stella Oduah, have said they are surprised at the groundswell of public opinion running against their most prominent daughter.

The people of Akili-Ozizor in Ogbaru Local Government Area of Anamba State told Saturday PUNCH that as far as they were concerned, the minister is the best thing that has happened to them.

They said she has not only regularly empowered young people and widows, the minister has built schools and churches for them. They listed some of the projects she has done for the community to include the building of St. Theresa’s Catholic Church, the rehabilitation of the Josephine Oduah Secondary School and the provision of a borehole.

Minister of Aviation, Ms. Stella Oduah

One of the chiefs, Boniface Osakwe, who is the Onya of Akili-Ozizor, told Saturday PUNCH that Oduah’s philanthropy extends beyond the community to the entire Ogbaru l Local Government Area, spanning all the towns located along the lower bank of the River Niger in Anambra State.

Osakwe wondered why she was being persecuted in an office that she will leave one day.

“Is it because she is a woman? Other people had been in that office. She will leave one day and another person will occupy it,” Osakwe wondered.

The President General of Akili-Ozizor Town Union, Mr. Chukwudi Igwe, simply said Oduah “is a very good woman.”

He would not be dragged into commenting on the raging car scandal circulating about the minister. “I don’t know about that. All I know is that she has been helping our people,” he added.

One young man from the community, Mr. Chidozie Ogbaekwe, said he was surprised about the car scandal. “If they bought the cars for her, she will use them now. Any problem with that?” he asked.

Ogbaekwe who said many indigent members of the community have benefited from scholarships from Oduah, however pointed out that the woman was yet to fulfil the promise she made to him about buying him a motorcycle.

“I am hoping that when she comes in December, she will give me my own motorcycle,” he said.

Oduah’s image looms large over the small and rustic community located on the bank of the River Niger. From Uga Junction, 30km away from Onitsha, where commercial motorcycles ferry people to Akili-Ozizor and other towns in Ogbaru, all the visitors need to tell the cyclists is take me to Stella’s House.

Her father, John Oduah, was the traditional ruler of the community. Her mother was the Omu, a title and office Stella has since inherited.

The only asphalt road veering off the main road in the community leads to her expansive estate, which she shares with the workers of her contracting company.

She is currently erecting a huge country home on about two hectares of land, not far from her older estate.

Last year, her entire home was submerged in the flood disaster that ravaged all the riverine communities in Anambra State.

http://www.punchng.com/feature/oduah-were-shocked-kinsmen
which way Nigeria

1 Like

Re: Oduah: We’re Shocked – Kinsmen by MichaelSokoto(m): 10:25pm On Oct 26, 2013
dbride: Taaaaa kinsmen, ifele megbukwa unu. Ewo, ebe ka ajokwua si bata? The budget approval was N240 million, she spent N643 million a whooping N403 million in excess without approval from the appropriate offices. and you are defending her because she is helping widows, she is building a new house that the floods destroyed, she is the omu, etc,. What nonsense! You must be suggesting that she needed that excess expended without approval for all that. In her defence, you people are incriminating her the more.

Bianu, what is an OMU doing outside her domain? All OMUs are WITCHES and everyone knows that. So FFK is not far from the truth after all. More revelations coming out even from her defenders. She is about to be disgraced by the higher power - GOD, I don't know yet when, where or how but this is my position. Mark my words. Ka Chukwu debe anyi ndu.
God bless u my broda smiley
Re: Oduah: We’re Shocked – Kinsmen by viviane: 11:16pm On Oct 26, 2013
Gush.......... What a country I am born into? I wrote a book entitled " WHY WE ARE WHERE WE ARE" and I sited high tension corruption on d parts of our leaders........... Now the recent high profile corrupt act by dis THIEF has validated my claims..... Jah save us...........
God Bless Nigeria!!!
Re: Oduah: We’re Shocked – Kinsmen by oje4u2see(m): 12:26am On Oct 27, 2013
I dey laugh. Come 2015, GEJ AND PEJ, we will meet.
Re: Oduah: We’re Shocked – Kinsmen by Swizdoe(m): 6:32am On Oct 27, 2013
jeffizy: We're talking large scale corruption, they are talking of okada.
Laughable , I tell you.
................. Mere okada 4 where 2 bulletproof cars worth #225M dey........ This villagers are still living in the 4th century world..... Very crude

1 Like

Re: Oduah: We’re Shocked – Kinsmen by Ddy(m): 8:11am On Oct 27, 2013
Abbycite:

Do u just say 'let her be'......u must be cr*zy! If not, how do u expect us to curb d menace of corruption. Don't get me wrong, I strongly believe dis is what d majority of d ministries do. But d moment u are caught, there is no hidden place for u under d sun again. Remember Tafa Balogun, Etteh, Bode George are from SW and they are duly persecuted by their fellow kinsmen. So don't ever come here again to tell me to condone corruption.

BOTTOMLINE: The rules of corrption in dis country is 'never get caught'.

@abbycite. my brother my comment never warrant insults on my person. i shared my view & suggestion why insulting me. Please nairaland is nt a battle field. Well.it is well. have a nice day brother & be blessed.
Re: Oduah: We’re Shocked – Kinsmen by ukukaegbu(m): 8:29am On Oct 27, 2013
Lordlexyy: It seems the god of corruption after all, is an igbo god. The god must be greedily smart enough to tempt all her adherence to see no evil and say no evil. God punish that god and all its followers that condone corruption, and that use ethnic bigotry to defend public stealing because she's my tribes woman. Somebody say amen.

I'm of the view that any office holder that is found guilty of corruption should be prosecuted irrespective of his/her tribe. When they are there stealing, they dont remember tribe. I'll never defend those politicians and officers that go there to steal and loot and at the end of the day give back just a little fraction to their communities instead of using public funds to develop the economy.

But you, my guy, who d hell are to say "It seems the god of corruption after all, is an igbo god"? Are majority of the politicians/public officers Igbo? And pls dont come here and tell me again that u are Igbo..whether its Igboeze north abi hausaeze south.
Re: Oduah: We’re Shocked – Kinsmen by emmanuelmichael(m): 11:59am On Oct 27, 2013
Nonsense. it was thru those money stolen from the ministry dat she does all dat and people like u should follow the suit
Re: Oduah: We’re Shocked – Kinsmen by 9jalyfe(m): 12:19pm On Oct 27, 2013
http://saharareporters.com/news-page/efcc-discovers-1-billion-speaker-bankoles-proxy-account-uba-jonathan-wades-halt-his-arrest
By SaharaReporters, New York

SaharaReporters’ investigation of the outgoing Speaker of the House of Representatives, Dimeji Bankole, has unearthed that he owns a startling $1 billion stashed away in a domiciliary account at the United Bank of Africa (UBA). Our investigations revealed that the account is being operated for Mr. Bankole by his Principal Officer, Maurice Ekpeyong.

The account was opened in 2009 and had since been operated on behalf of Bankole by Mr. Ekpeyong.

Our investigation confirms that the 41-year old outgoing Speaker had diverted funds into the account from budgetary allocations to the House of Representatives.

Sources at the Economic and Financial Crimes Commission (EFCC) told SaharaReporters that their investigators were stunned by the massive scale of Mr. Bankole’s money laundering activities. Two officials of the anti-corruption agency as well as a source in the Presidency disclosed that President Goodluck Jonathan was standing in the way of the EFCC’s plan to arrest Mr. Bankole in response to his latest scandal financial scam as well as a spate of other money laundering activities in their docket.

The outgoing Speaker, who has made extensive real estate deals since he became Nigeria’s fourth most powerful man, is considered to be one of the most corrupt officials in public service today in Nigeria.

He has grown immensely rich as Speaker, routinely using a variety of proxies in his extensive deals. Through such willing individuals, he has bought several houses in South Africa and the US.

The outgoing Speaker, who was trounced in his reelection bid, also recently bought the 32-storey NITEL building in Lagos for N4 billion, and is the owner of a N7 billion hotel resort undergoing construction in the Akodo area of Lekki in Lagos.

Our investigations revealed that one of Mr. Bankole’s key and most trusted money-laundering pals is Adenekan Gbadebo, the son of the Alake of Egbaland. Our sources disclosed that Mr. Gbadebo has helped Bankole move about $500 million through several bank accounts.

The Speaker and his father also recently completed seven duplexes after he tore down his father's old house in Abeokuta. Our investigations show that Mr. Bankole has built a huge mansion in Abeokuta that is completely hidden from the public through the use of tarps and construction covers.

In an investigative report in September 2010, Saharareporters had identified two ladies being used by Mr. Bankole in a N5 billion scam. The women, Angela Oselukwu and Uduak Akpan Israel, are now fugitives and have been declared wanted by the EFCC. They were involved in stealing N5 billion from the Rural Electrification Agency (REA).

Speaker Bankole and his siblings used the two fugitive women to open accounts at the UBA. Payments were then made into the accounts for the benefit of four companies belonging to the Bankoles: Vulysteke Metallic Construction Ltd, Parthenon Acropolis Nig. Ltd, Complete Trade Nig. Ltd, Zobra Global Services Ltd and F-Plus Concept Ltd.

As Speaker, Mr. Bankole was also notoriously embroiled in a N2.3 billion car scam as well as the misuse of the N9 billion capital budget of the House for 2008/2009.

Last year, the EFCC boss announced that the commission had concluded its investigation of the issue and sent its report to the presidency, but nothing further was heard from the presidency.

Mr. Bankole is also currently entrapped in another scandal in which he used the House of Representatives as collateral to obtain a personal loan of N10 billion from UBA. The loan is yet to be accounted for. The EFCC summoned Mr. Bankole to appear for interrogation last Thursday, but he did not show up. Instead, he sent a letter to the agency pleading that he was tied down by “inauguration” activities.

A baffling turn in the story is that the embattled Speaker has persuaded Mr. Goodluck Jonathan to order that the investigations against him be stopped. SaharaReporters learned today from different sources within the EFCC and the Presidency that Mr. Jonathan, who will be inaugurated tomorrow for a term of four years as President, assured the outgoing Speaker that he would prevail on the EFCC leadership to end the investigation against the speaker.

Mr. Jonathan’s intervention on behalf of the speaker contradicts pledges he made during his presidential election campaigns. Mr. Jonathan had vowed never to interfere with the work of any anti-corruption bodies.
Re: Oduah: We’re Shocked – Kinsmen by peteafrik88(m): 6:22pm On Oct 27, 2013
jeffizy: We're talking large scale corruption, they are talking of okada.
Laughable , I tell you.
Someone shouldnt tell me the man is not the WORLD BIGGEST FOOOOOL....
Re: Oduah: We’re Shocked – Kinsmen by nerodenero: 7:56pm On Oct 27, 2013
Lordlexyy: Look, i'm not yoruba, but in all fairness, i haven't come across any yoruba man atleast on net or on pages of newspaper trying desperately to shield any of their own from any malpratices like some the easterners does when one of their own is involve. The case of obj and his mis-rule ready comes to mind. People may tagged them back stabbers and all of that, to me that is subjective to individul interpretation. But on a general discourse, they have proven to be more patriotic and sensitive. Come on, corruption has no boundry. It is a manace that affects all of us directly or indirectly. Coming out to defend the Minister when it is obvious she has her hands soil is unpatriotic or moranic. Her removal will not put food on any one's table, but atleast let the right thing be done, that is called bringing sanity into the system.
God bless you for this submission.

1 Like

Re: Oduah: We’re Shocked – Kinsmen by Nobody: 5:36am On Oct 28, 2013
Those villagers nor get sense walahi! They are brained washed!
UK Visas starting from N300,000
US Visas starting from N500,000
Hurry while it lasts. No down payment. Full payment due AFTER ur visa is been issued.
Re: Oduah: We’re Shocked – Kinsmen by ROYALD(m): 11:49pm On Nov 13, 2013
dbride:

The wrath of God is already at her doorstep! Can Oduah claim to have peace? There is no peace for the wicked and that is part of God's wrath.

Re: Oduah: We’re Shocked – Kinsmen by ROYALD(m): 11:53pm On Nov 13, 2013
oluamid: Yet the President and Mrs Oduah are presently in Jerusalem. Makes one to wonder.

Re: Oduah: We’re Shocked – Kinsmen by redsun(m): 11:58pm On Nov 13, 2013
Corruption is a tribal business in nigeria,it is factional.A tribe person that attains a lucrative position in nigerian politics and democrazy and does dubiously enrich him/herself will be considered a failure and a tabboo in his or her community.

Tiinubu is a yoruba kingpin and warlord today because he got a substantial share of the national cake.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (Reply)

Presidency Releases Buhari’s Voice Message, Denies Report On Speech Impairment / President Buhari Returns To Abuja After 4-day Working Visit To Turkey / DSS Arrest Man Who Was Caught Trying To Buy Votes During Anambra Election. Photo

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.