Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,620 members, 7,941,385 topics. Date: Friday, 06 September 2024 at 05:24 AM

Yahweh And Freewill - Religion (3) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Yahweh And Freewill (8535 Views)

Why Do Pastors Avoid Using The Names (YAHWEH And YESHUA) / Yahweh And His Lying Angels. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Yahweh And Freewill by Kabieosi: 9:21pm On Nov 19, 2013
Image123:

Nice one, hopefully, wiegraf sees this.

Seeing this or not seeing that, isn't what they are disgruntled over.

Their gripe is what is the freewill and "punishment" point

What are the intentions?

What is GOD's intention?
Re: Yahweh And Freewill by Image123(m): 9:21pm On Nov 19, 2013
rationalmind:

not just one but two blockheads liked this, quite pathetic.

He should punish no one. Simple. Weather you do good with it or evil, no one should be punished for exercising the freewill
Woahhhhh, should anyone be punished at all?
Re: Yahweh And Freewill by Image123(m): 9:23pm On Nov 19, 2013
Kabieosi:

Seeing this or not seeing that, isn't what they are disgruntled over.

Their gripe is what is the freewill and "punishment" point

What are the intentions?

What is GOD's intention?
Eeyah @them. i was hoping that he saw the flaws in his analogy too though.
Re: Yahweh And Freewill by Nobody: 9:24pm On Nov 19, 2013
Re: Yahweh And Freewill by Nobody: 9:24pm On Nov 19, 2013
Image123:
Woahhhhh, should anyone be punished at all?

No. No one should be punished for exercising the ability God gave them.
Re: Yahweh And Freewill by Nobody: 9:25pm On Nov 19, 2013
Ihedinobi:
What is it with you atheists and "likes"?

Dude, you

grin grin
Re: Yahweh And Freewill by Joshthefirst(m): 9:25pm On Nov 19, 2013
aManFromMars: grin
Na me o.
grin grin grin

See as you dey smile from ear to ear.

So you fit drive that bike sef? No be this oneyou dey drive?

grin grin grin grin grin

Re: Yahweh And Freewill by Nobody: 9:35pm On Nov 19, 2013
rationalmind:

not just one but two blockheads liked this, quite pathetic.

He should punish no one. Simple. Weather you do good with it or evil, no one should be punished for exercising the freewill

Dude, you were probably only mistaken the first time but the honorable thing to do is to acknowledge correction and accept it. A refusal to acknowledge a mistake encourages the suspicion that it was deliberate and no mistake.

You claimed that God punishes people for using their free will. Obviously if that were true everyone who uses free will should be found being punished by God. But we know that that is not the case. We know that although everyone uses free will the only people who get "punished" are those who do evil. Thus you were wrong. And you should acknowledge your error or welcome the name of a liar.

1 Like

Re: Yahweh And Freewill by Nobody: 9:40pm On Nov 19, 2013
aManFromMars: grin
Na me o.
Lol. You still de learn am? I don de plan my own.
Re: Yahweh And Freewill by Nobody: 9:43pm On Nov 19, 2013
rationalmind:

No. No one should be punished for exercising the ability God gave them.
Now, na lie you de lie.
Re: Yahweh And Freewill by Nobody: 9:45pm On Nov 19, 2013
Ihedinobi:

Dude, you were probably only mistaken the first time but the honorable thing to do is to acknowledge correction and accept it. A refusal to acknowledge a mistake encourages the suspicion that it was deliberate and no mistake.

You claimed that God punishes people for using their free will. Obviously if that were true everyone who uses free will should be found being punished by God. But we know that that is not the case. We know that although everyone uses free will the only people who get "punished" are those who do evil. Thus you were wrong. And you should acknowledge your error or welcome the name of a liar.

Acknowledge what? I've seen nothing in the above that warrants any acknowledgment.

Here is what I said, "He creates people not to act like robots but will punish them for not acting like robots"

Are you saying I should had said, "he creates people to not act like robots but will punish SOME for not acting like robots".

Was that what you expected me to say? I expect that the level of understanding of everyone here should be beyond the elementary. If you had paid attention to my first statement, you would had realised I was specifically talking about those you claim do evil with their freewill.

Back to my point, weather they do evil with the freewill or good, no one deserves punishment for exercising the freewill. He didn't want them to act like robots, they are not acting like robots.

1 Like

Re: Yahweh And Freewill by Nobody: 9:46pm On Nov 19, 2013
Ihedinobi:
Now, na lie you de lie.

Christians and blanket statements? One said it was foolish but foolishly couldn't point out the foolishness. Another is saying its a lie but finds it so difficult to point out the lie.
Re: Yahweh And Freewill by Joshthefirst(m): 9:47pm On Nov 19, 2013
^^^
I thought your stance was that freewill is an illusion?
Re: Yahweh And Freewill by Kay17: 9:48pm On Nov 19, 2013
Sadly, no one bothers to define what Freewill is.

Can one act contrary to his predestined act?
Re: Yahweh And Freewill by Joshthefirst(m): 9:51pm On Nov 19, 2013
Kay 17: Sadly, no one bothers to define what Freewill is.

Can one act contrary to his predestined act?
one can act contrary to what God has predestined him to do.

1 Like

Re: Yahweh And Freewill by Nobody: 9:53pm On Nov 19, 2013
Joshthefirst: ^^^
I thought your stance was that freewill is an illusion?

This night, I'm going with the general christian train of thought that God gave us freewill. I'm arguing that, if he gave us freewill, no one deserves punishment for exercising the freewill.
Re: Yahweh And Freewill by Nobody: 9:54pm On Nov 19, 2013
rationalmind:

Acknowledge what? I've seen nothing in the above that warrants any acknowledgment.

Here is what I said, "He creates people not to act like robots but will punish them for not acting like robots"

Are you saying I should had said, "he creates people to not act like robots but will punish SOME for not acting like robots".

Was that what you expected me to say? I expect that the level of understanding of everyone here should be beyond the elementary. If you had paid attention to my first statement, you would had realised I was specifically talking about those you claim do evil with their freewill.

Back to my point, weather they do evil with the freewill or good, no one deserves punishment for exercising the freewill. He didn't want them to act like robots, they are not acting like robots.
I would have called the above the first eeal example of sophistry I've seen from an atheist but for its obvious flaws.

1. It is not my business what you should have said. My business was to point out that you were wrong in supposing that God "punished" anyone for exercising free will.

2. You've finally settled into lying for atheism. Where is the proof that God punishes anyone for exercising free will? Where is your proof that doing evil is the exact same thing as exercising free will?

3. If there should be no difference in response to doing good and doing evil, what is the meaning of morality?

2 Likes

Re: Yahweh And Freewill by Joshthefirst(m): 9:56pm On Nov 19, 2013
rationalmind:

This night, I'm going with the general christian train of thought that God gave us freewill. I'm arguing that, if he gave us freewill, no one deserves punishment for exercising the freewill.
he gave us freewill, you should choose good.

You're punished for exercising your freewill at the expense of breaking the law.

Edit: breaking the law is wrong, and you cannot blame freewill.
Re: Yahweh And Freewill by Nobody: 9:58pm On Nov 19, 2013
rationalmind:

Christians and blanket statements? One said it was foolish but foolishly couldn't point out the foolishness. Another is saying its a lie but finds it so difficult to point out the lie.
Difficult ke? The lie is getting stronger in you o. I have clearly explained how you lied and you are lying again that I have not. Na wa o.
Re: Yahweh And Freewill by Nobody: 10:01pm On Nov 19, 2013
Image123:
Nice one, hopefully, wiegraf sees this.
Thanks bro smiley
Re: Yahweh And Freewill by Kabieosi: 10:05pm On Nov 19, 2013
rationalmind:

Back to my point, weather they do evil with the freewill or good, no one deserves punishment for exercising the freewill.

He didn't want them to act like robots, they are not acting like robots.

Que Sera, Sera - "Whatever Will Be, Will Be" - for the non-french speaking

Here, Take, have freewill!

Don't eat of tree - We all live happily after

Eat of the tree - Yikes! Scram!! You're doomed!!! The Pandora box is opened!!!

#rationalmind, the questions you should sought after are
"Why? why? why go ahead when YOU knew the fruit of the Tree will be eaten by Adam"
Why? grin
What was/is the point?
What were YOU playing at?
What do you think YOU were doing?
Re: Yahweh And Freewill by Nobody: 10:06pm On Nov 19, 2013
Ihedinobi:
I would have called the above the first eeal example of sophistry I've seen from an atheist but for its obvious flaws.

1. It is not my business what you should have said. My business was to point out that you were wrong in supposing that God "punished" anyone for exercising free will.

2. You've finally settled into lying for atheism. Where is the proof that God punishes anyone for exercising free will? Where is your proof that doing evil is the exact same thing as exercising free will?

3. If there should be no difference in response to doing good and doing evil, what is the meaning of morality?

Gosh!!! Are u sure someone didn't hack into your account this night? Something is definitely wrong somewhere.

1. You are the sophist here. If God doesn't punish anyone for exercising freewill, there would be nothing like hell.

2. You asked of the proof that God punishes anyone for exercising freewill. The proof is hell. You asked what proof I have doing evil is the same as exercising freewill. How else would people had been able to do evil without freewill? If God had simply created us as robots, we would had followed him blindly. The reason people can do evil is because of freewill.

3. Stop this twisting please. What has morality gotten to do with the supposed consequences of doing good or evil?

1 Like

Re: Yahweh And Freewill by Nobody: 10:09pm On Nov 19, 2013
Joshthefirst: he gave us freewill, you should choose good.

You're punished for exercising your freewill at the expense of breaking the law.

Edit: breaking the law is wrong, and you cannot blame freewill.

with what do i break the law? Not freewill? Tell me what it is

Edit: I rushed the response, i need to add this. You said breaking the law is wrong and i cannot blame freewill, I hope you do know ure inadverntly saying freewill cannot be credited with keeping the law. In essence, freewill has no role to play in keeping or breaking the law
Re: Yahweh And Freewill by Nobody: 10:10pm On Nov 19, 2013
Ihedinobi:
Difficult ke? The lie is getting stronger in you o. I have clearly explained how you lied and you are lying again that I have not. Na wa o.

If it makes you feel good calling me a liar, you can go ahead.
Re: Yahweh And Freewill by Nobody: 10:14pm On Nov 19, 2013
Kabieosi:

Que Sera, Sera - "Whatever Will Be, Will Be" - for the non-french speaking

Here, Take, have freewill!

Don't eat of tree - We all live happily after

Eat of the tree - Yikes! Scram!! You're doomed!!! The Pandora box is opened!!!

#rationalmind, the questions you should sought after are
"Why? why? why go ahead when YOU knew the fruit of the Tree will be eaten by Adam"
Why? grin
What was/is the point?
What were YOU playing at?
What do you think YOU were doing?

when you remb giving them freewill enabled them to even think of eating from the fruit, we can have a discourse.
Re: Yahweh And Freewill by Joshthefirst(m): 10:19pm On Nov 19, 2013
rationalmind:

lust and your intent make you break the law.

Yes, you act freely when breaking the law. You choose to break the law.

But God punishes you for breaking the law not for acting freely. Acting freely should be used to find joy in doing good.

You should not use the name of freedom to break the law.

This is another childish attempt at trying to inflate basic concepts.
Re: Yahweh And Freewill by Nobody: 10:21pm On Nov 19, 2013
Joshthefirst: lust and your intent make you break the law.

But God punishes you for breaking the law not for acting freely. Acting freely should be used to find joy in doing good.

had to edit my response, do check the updated response. I'll reply this soon
Re: Yahweh And Freewill by Nobody: 10:23pm On Nov 19, 2013
Joshthefirst: lust and your intent make you break the law.

Why are you people failing to realise that, the reason the law can even be broken was because freewill was given. Without it, no law will be broken.
Re: Yahweh And Freewill by Joshthefirst(m): 10:30pm On Nov 19, 2013
rationalmind:

Edit: I rushed the response, i need to add this. You said breaking the law is wrong and i cannot blame freewill, I hope you do know ure inadverntly saying freewill cannot be credited with keeping the law. In essence, freewill has no role to play in keeping or breaking the law
you still cannot use your freedom as an excuse to break the law

Freedom was given, not so that man could rebel and break laws, but so that man could have joy and purpose in doing good.

People who selfishly use their freedom to break the law will be punished eventually.

Freewill is just the supplier of intent and purpose. If your intents are right, you have use your freedom well and you will find joy and satisfaction in doing so.

If your intents are wrong, you will be punished for using your freewill to break the law.
Re: Yahweh And Freewill by Joshthefirst(m): 10:32pm On Nov 19, 2013
rationalmind:

Why are you people failing to realise that, the reason the law can even be broken was because freewill was given. Without it, no law will be broken.
and the reason the law can be upheld is because of freewill then? Without it, man would wallow in lawlessness?
Re: Yahweh And Freewill by Nobody: 10:37pm On Nov 19, 2013
Joshthefirst: you still cannot use your freedom as an excuse to break the law

Freedom was given, not so that man could rebel and break laws, but so that man could have joy and purpose in doing good.

People who selfishly use their freedom to break the law will be punished eventually.

Freewill is just the supplier of intent and purpose. If your intents are right, you have use your freedom well and you will find joy and satisfaction in doing so.

If your intents are wrong, you will be punished for using your freewill to break the law.

You still cannot use your freewill to break the law? I think you people should stop calling it freewill. Circumstancial will is better.

You decide to give people freewill so they won't act like robots, you tell them they can't use the freewill to break the law, hence forcing them to act like robots. Then why give the freewill at all? You could had just made them robots.
Re: Yahweh And Freewill by Kabieosi: 10:39pm On Nov 19, 2013
rationalmind:

when you remb giving them freewill enabled them to even think of eating from the fruit,
we can have a discourse.

Whatever "remb" is or what it means

Giving them freewill enabling them to think is the essence

Adam had accelerated knowledge and information upload

He weighed up the odds wrong

You want to trade places with Adam and go back in time

Be back in Eden?

Maybe confront God, there, in the garden and reject freewill & obedience.

Throw a tantrum, insisting having it your own way (i.e. eat the fruit and not pay the death-price)

What would you do rationalmind? If you were Adam

Don't kid yourself rationalmind, freewill or no freewill, you can't win.

Suck it up. Bwahahaha!!!

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Construction Of Mosque in Lagos State,with Special Design / Anti-tithe Churches / Tell And Get Ur Dream Meaning.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.