Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,182,270 members, 7,916,794 topics. Date: Saturday, 10 August 2024 at 11:29 AM

All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 - Education (72) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 (203566 Views)

Another Nationwide ASUU Strike? / Meaning Of Some Words In Hon. Patrick's Speech On ASUU Strike / ASUU Strike (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (109) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Mascotizer: 11:40am On Nov 30, 2013
I'm wondering where all those greedy state universities ASUU members stands now, cos FG didn't even recognize them as ASUU members talkless of giving damn about them...they frivolously denied their students right to education for 5months in the name of 'sympathy strike'. What a nefarious act.

This is where I would agree that the strike being politicized, if not what are the state governors waiting for? Can't they order their employees back to work?

5 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by kolidave: 11:42am On Nov 30, 2013
Fynest boy you dey derail thread oooo. Who go ban you

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Fynestboi: 11:44am On Nov 30, 2013
kolidave: Fynest boy you dey derail thread oooo. Who go ban you
its nt called derailing am only passing out info....
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Kiingsolomon(f): 11:58am On Nov 30, 2013
Fynestboi: its nt called derailing am only passing out info....
grin grin . U know, ASUU dey make students vex gidigan,........ datz y he sed dat, nt his fault.grin
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by nkwachiabel(m): 12:29pm On Nov 30, 2013
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 1:49pm On Nov 30, 2013
olalekan1: Now i have realised why this strike is still on. I called my HOD now to know if he as a lecturer in FUNAAB will resume and he told me that they are ready to be sacked because they cant resume with nothing in their pocket, which means that their 4 months salary must be paid before they can resume.
We knw im type. Dont be surprised to find him in sch on the 4th of Dec, meanwhile, if u can get him again, ask him if it's the money he worked for. Fvcking bastard!

2 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 5:18pm On Nov 30, 2013
Hmm, this situation is getting out of hand, i dont support any one of them, ASUU or fg, the two parties should work on a compromise ehn, like play like play, 5 months has gone hmm, if fg cant give them the 5 months salary, he should be able to give them maybe 2 months, ehn, all these threats will just be prolonging the strike, and ASUU too should be more open about the meetings they have with fg, it is we the students that are suffering ehn, this matter just tire me, i am just tired and frustrated, God, please touch the hearts of this two groups , intervene in this matter. And to think that my school oau still has plans to host nuga, the sadness that i feel inside ehn.

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Spencer63(m): 5:26pm On Nov 30, 2013
oh! GOD of ASUU!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by rilwayne27: 5:49pm On Nov 30, 2013
give us more update
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by olalekan1(m): 5:54pm On Nov 30, 2013
I have the feelings that FG action will open door for a lasting solution. ASUU sef dey say they are fighting for the students, can anybody help ask them if they carry the student union along before embarking on a fight on their behalf. ASUU cant fight the rot in our educational sector alone when they are not the only stakeholder in the sector. I know ASUU will learn from this scenario.
FG abeg pay ASUU their salary in the interest of the students.

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by odizeey(m): 6:01pm On Nov 30, 2013
Ppl no dey hear word for dis thread,ntn like paying n negotiation again o,either u go to work bfr 4th or go home forever

1 Like

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by rudian(f): 7:37pm On Nov 30, 2013
Samgreguc:
Otokx, am beginning to smell someone close to you as an ASUU member but, don't worry you must know wattsup. Ask him/her what they've being using our school fees(including Predegrees, regular, Post graduates and others) for, ask him/her what they do with the PTF, ETF, TETFUND and also ask them if they do recieve any external donation. Or do they use it to pay lecturers grin
Ask am well
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by sambas: 8:14pm On Nov 30, 2013
Implementation of ASUU new demands will lead to inflation, hit like if you agree.

2 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by olumide109(m): 8:17pm On Nov 30, 2013
We didn’t give ASUU ultimatum – Jonathanon November 30, 2013 at 8:01 pm in News
By Samuel Oyadongha, Yenagoa
President Jonathan has weekend, said his government did not give the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, an ultimatum to resume work or be sacked.
Fielding questions from newsmen, at the expanded caucus meeting of the Bayelsa State Peoples Democratic Party held at Government House, Yenagoa, the President said, the Supervising Minister of Education only passed on the decision of Committee of Vice Chancellors.
“We didn’t give them ultimatum; it was the Committee of Vice Chancellors that took that decision. The Supervising Minister of Education only passed on the decision.”
Jonathan also said the strike embarked upon by the ASUU was no longer a trade dispute , but a subversive action.
Jonathan
He said, “What ASUU is doing is no longer trade union. I have intervened in other labour issues before now, once I invite them they respond and after the meeting they take decision and call off the strike.
“At times we don’t even give them a long notice unlike, in the case of ASUU that was given four days notice before the meeting. As you are meeting to resolve trade disputes, you expect the trade unions to get their officials ready.
“What was expected having met with the highest authorities in the land for long hours, was for ASUU to immediately issue statement within 12 or latest 24 hours to state their position whether they were accepting government’s offer or not. And if they are not accepting they state the reason for that.
“But despite the fact that I had the longest meeting with ASUU in my political history, we did not start that meeting until around 2:00 pm and the meeting ended the next day in the early hours. As far as the government of Nigeria was concerned, all the critical people that should be in a meeting were there, so what else do they want?
“After that they didn’t meet until one week, despite the fact that you met with the highest authority. It was unfortunate one of them, Prof. Iyayi died.
“The way ASUU has conducted the matter shows they are extreme and when Iyayi died, they now said the strike was now indefinite, our children have been at home for over five months.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by odizeey(m): 8:19pm On Nov 30, 2013
olumide109: We didn’t give ASUU ultimatum – Jonathanon November 30, 2013 at 8:01 pm in News
President Jonathan has weekend, said his government did not give the Academic Staff Union of Universities, ASUU, an ultimatum to resume work or be sacked.
Fielding questions from newsmen, at the expanded caucus meeting of the Bayelsa State Peoples Democratic Party held at Government House, Yenagoa, the President said, the Supervising Minister of Education only passed on the decision of Committee of Vice Chancellors.
“We didn’t give them ultimatum; it was the Committee of Vice Chancellors that took that decision. The Supervising Minister of Education only passed on the decision.”
Jonathan also said the strike embarked upon by the ASUU was no longer a trade dispute , but a subversive action.
Jonathan
He said, “What ASUU is doing is no longer trade union. I have intervened in other labour issues before now, once I invite them they respond and after the meeting they take decision and call off the strike.
“At times we don’t even give them a long notice unlike, in the case of ASUU that was given four days notice before the meeting. As you are meeting to resolve trade disputes, you expect the trade unions to get their officials ready.
“What was expected having met with the highest authorities in the land for long hours, was for ASUU to immediately issue statement within 12 or latest 24 hours to state their position whether they were accepting government’s offer or not. And if they are not accepting they state the reason for that.
“But despite the fact that I had the longest meeting with ASUU in my political history, we did not start that meeting until around 2:00 pm and the meeting ended the next day in the early hours. As far as the government of Nigeria was concerned, all the critical people that should be in a meeting were there, so what else do they want?
“After that they didn’t meet until one week, despite the fact that you met with the highest authority. It was unfortunate one of them, Prof. Iyayi died.
“The way ASUU has conducted the matter shows they are extreme and when Iyayi died, they now said the strike was now indefinite, our children have been at home for over five months.
u don start wit ur kpokulowe news
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by olumide109(m): 8:34pm On Nov 30, 2013
odizeey: u don start wit ur kpokulowe news
. Oga goto vanguard newspaper and see it ursef
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by odizeey(m): 8:39pm On Nov 30, 2013
olumide109: . Oga goto vanguard newspaper and see it ursef
no b dem still tlk say na jonthan.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Spencer63(m): 8:43pm On Nov 30, 2013
olumide109: We didn’t give ASUU ultimatum – Jonathanon November 30, 2013 at 8:01 pm in News
Jonathan
wwaaaiiiiittttt!!!!!!!!..... so no more dec4?..
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by bennygreat1(m): 8:53pm On Nov 30, 2013
Jonathan

This News Is Not properly Edited... Buh From what I get from this News... No More Dec 4th.. Buh wait Oooo,The committee of the Vc?? F.G wan Set VC's up Oooo!!! ASUU Union sha... We hail.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by alcuin(m): 9:02pm On Nov 30, 2013
Jonathan

Politricks.....

Who be FG, who be committee of VCs??
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by timisnup(m): 9:08pm On Nov 30, 2013
Spencer63:
wwaaaiiiiittttt!!!!!!!!..... so no more dec4?..
Shine your eyes!
"We didn’t give them ultimatum; it was the
Committee of Vice Chancellors that took that
decision. The Supervising Minister of Education
only passed on the decision.”
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by timisnup(m): 9:10pm On Nov 30, 2013
odizeey: u don start wit ur kpokulowe news
www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/didnt-give-ASUU-ultimatum-jonathan/

Thank me later
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by paragon40(m): 9:11pm On Nov 30, 2013
RESUMPTION OF ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES
AT NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA
In line with the directive of the Federal
Government through the supervising Minister
of Education, the Nnamdi Azikiwe University,
Awka, hereby announces the resumption of full
academic activities for 2013/2014 academic
session as follows:
1. Monday, 2nd December, 2013
Newly-admitted students for 2013/2014
academic session are to return to the
University for final/physical clearance.
2. Tuesday, 3rd December, 2013
Old students with outstanding examinations for
the 2012/2013 2nd semester examinations /
Project defence are to return for revision and
preparation for Project defence.
3. Wednesday, 4th December, 2013
All old students shall begin their registration
for 2013/2014 academic session
4. All staff and students are by this
announcement directed to resume full
administrative and academic activities. All
Deans, Directors, Heads of Departments,
Coordinators, Heads of Units, etc are directed
to be available to perform their various
statutory functions
5. Issued: Today Friday 29th November, 2013
TO:
Deans, Directors, HODs, Coordinators, Unit
heads
@ Awka, Nnewi Campuses and Faculty of
Pharmaceutical Sciences Agulu
Prof. Boniface C.E. Egboka Barrister C. C.
Okeke
Vice-ChancellorRegistrar

2 Likes

Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by olalekan1(m): 9:26pm On Nov 30, 2013
I trust FUNAAB lecturers, they are too stubborn. I bet none of them will resume.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by odizeey(m): 9:29pm On Nov 30, 2013
timisnup:
www.vanguardngr.com/2013/11/didnt-give-ASUU-ultimatum-jonathan/

Thank me later
thnk u for bad news.
Guy man,wetyn i hear na 'fg orders'. D award winning paper punch neva tlk otherwise.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by otokx(m): 9:34pm On Nov 30, 2013
timisnup:
Shine your eyes!
"We didn’t give them ultimatum; it was the
Committee of Vice Chancellors that took that
decision. The Supervising Minister of Education
only passed on the decision.”

Dem don start dem government magic.
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 10:10pm On Nov 30, 2013
Happy Christmas Everyone....
I know it's early but I suffer from premature
congratulations cheesy
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Spencer63(m): 10:22pm On Nov 30, 2013
Daniyemi: Happy Christmas Everyone....
I know it's early but I suffer from premature
congratulations cheesy
k
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 10:32pm On Nov 30, 2013
Chai c confusion, federal government say no b dem talk am, VCs say na directive of federal government. ASUU talk say FG no fit try any Sh.it or dem go hear whiiin. ASUU i hail. *starts unpacking my bags and provisions till next year, this ppl no serious*

Make una try visit dis thread abeg. (It dn turn 2 beg) www.nairaland.com/1535946/what-goals-did-u-make
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by frankpessu(m): 12:06am On Dec 01, 2013
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by yetunsbay(m): 8:54am On Dec 01, 2013
Jonathan
ASUUPHOBIA
Re: All ASUU Strike News::1st July-16th December 2013 by Nobody: 8:58am On Dec 01, 2013
paragon40:
RESUMPTION OF ACADEMIC ACTIVITIES
AT NNAMDI AZIKIWE UNIVERSITY, AWKA
In line with the directive of the Federal
Government through the supervising Minister
of Education, the Nnamdi Azikiwe University,
Awka, hereby announces the resumption of full
academic activities for 2013/2014 academic
session as follows:
1. Monday, 2nd December, 2013
Newly-admitted students for 2013/2014
academic session are to return to the
University for final/physical clearance.
2. Tuesday, 3rd December, 2013
Old students with outstanding examinations for
the 2012/2013 2nd semester examinations /
Project defence are to return for revision and
preparation for Project defence.
3. Wednesday, 4th December, 2013
All old students shall begin their registration
for 2013/2014 academic session
4. All staff and students are by this
announcement directed to resume full
administrative and academic activities. All
Deans, Directors, Heads of Departments,
Coordinators, Heads of Units, etc are directed
to be available to perform their various
statutory functions
5. Issued: Today Friday 29th November, 2013
TO:
Deans, Directors, HODs, Coordinators, Unit
heads
@ Awka, Nnewi Campuses and Faculty of
Pharmaceutical Sciences Agulu
Prof. Boniface C.E. Egboka Barrister C. C.
Okeke
Vice-ChancellorRegistrar
can uniben just do dis, dose lecturers too lazy

(1) (2) (3) ... (69) (70) (71) (72) (73) (74) (75) ... (109) (Reply)

Kogi State University, Anyigba 2012/2013, Admission Update / Nnamdi Azikiwe University Unizik 2015 - 2016 Final And Last Admission List / What GPA Is 2nd Class Upper

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 59
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.