Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,757 members, 7,875,898 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:09 AM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3854958 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1168) (1169) (1170) (1171) (1172) (1173) (1174) ... (3872) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 12:25am On Mar 30, 2019
The illusionist.

I don't know about other viewers but this movie is very predictable.

Please don't mention this movie in the same breath with The Prestige.

The Prestige na mind fvcker.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 1:00am On Mar 30, 2019
3RNEST:

I prefer part 1 and 2, part 3 is a mess.. embarassed

I actually slept off in the cinema during this movie. It was a mess
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 2:40am On Mar 30, 2019
Captain Marvel (2019)

2.5/10

Nothing special/important about this movie, for marvel fans you can just watch the beginning and the post credit scenes of the movie and you are ready for Avengers: Endgame. back to my reviews, this movie was more feminist than wonder-woman like scenes about cockpit, mar-vell, changing the concept of supreme intelligence, etc.
the story was just scattered everywhere like babies toys, Bad writing, pooer dialogues and bad jokes, the visuals was just undecided but better than black panther. Nick fury losing his eye was just lipsrsealed lipsrsealed.
The main villian could not do any harm to captain marvel so what kind of useless villian is that? Just dissappointed with the movie angry angry angry

I AM THE ONE ABOVE ALL my say is the final say

Cc: Iamsabrina

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 2:48am On Mar 30, 2019
nani6666:
Avengers Confidential

8.5 / 10

Epic animation.... Was all manner of awesome... Was at the edge of my Seat all through... First time I am seeing what exactly the Punisher is about, that dude is on some Zero Joy levels

No offence to DC Fanboys beht Punisher will wreck Batman

Thoroughly enjoyed the Animation, first animation I am seeing from Marvel that I will rate as highly as DC animations... Although it was more like an Anime, but Marvel did a great Job.... When DC decided to give us Anime they fed us the abomination that was Batman Ninja sad

Anyways, overall Avengers Confidential was awesome stuff, Marvel needs to find a way to bring Punisher to the MCU
Never you again put punisher and Batman in the same sentence.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by olu4life(m): 4:02am On Mar 30, 2019
Captain Marvel - finally got free ticket to watch at the cinema grin Cos wasn't ready to waste money on it. Saving it for Avengers 4 grin

My rating: 5/10
No wow effect to me sha. Nick Fury eye part no just make sense abeg. angry
Just an average movie. Felt cliche too. Had funny dialogues. Chuckled at some scenes too

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 4:09am On Mar 30, 2019
olu4life:
Captain Marvel - finally got free ticket to watch at the cinema grin Cos wasn't ready to waste money on it. Saving it for Avengers 4 grin

Just an average movie. Felt cliche too. Had funny dialogues. Chuckled at some scenes too
Bros abeg where you get the free ticket make I use am watch Endgame...
Saving my money for Shazam... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by armadeo(m): 4:45am On Mar 30, 2019
Raalsalghul:

Saving my money for Shazam... cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy

End game free ticket. better save for end game end download shazam.

Lol.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 4:58am On Mar 30, 2019
armadeo:

Lol.
Me save money for Endgame...
Tufiaa. angry

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 5:02am On Mar 30, 2019
punisher is in the MCU

nani6666:
Avengers Confidential

8.5 / 10

Epic animation.... Was all manner of awesome... Was at the edge of my Seat all through... First time I am seeing what exactly the Punisher is about, that dude is on some Zero Joy levels

Thoroughly enjoyed the Animation, first animation I am seeing from Marvel that I will rate as highly as DC animations... Although it was more like an Anime, but Marvel did a great Job.... When DC decided to give us Anime they fed us the abomination that was Batman Ninja sad

Anyways, overall Avengers Confidential was awesome stuff, Marvel needs to find a way to bring Punisher to the MCU
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 6:01am On Mar 30, 2019
alexistaiwo:
The illusionist.

Please don't mention this movie in the same breath with The Prestige.

Sure, nobody is disputing that fact that the prestige is light years ahead of the illusionist in the aspect of twist, turns, psychological thrill's, story, cast & even the settings of the movie. But nevertheless,they are both classified as mystery, they also have one similar theme, & a good storyline.
what made the illusionist stand out in it's own little way was that ghost illusions & some other acts they never explained the mystery behind them. It leaves you guessing as to what or how that was even remotely possible, Could it be science at work or was it really some supernatural conjuring sh.it. How was the ghost boy able to leave the stage area & move freely into the audience?? How did Eisenheim achieve that painting without using a brush?? the unmovable sword trick, was it really a trick??

For me, The prestige was brilliantly awesome & the illusionist was good.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 6:39am On Mar 30, 2019
alexistaiwo:
The illusionist.

Please don't mention this movie in the same breath with The Prestige .

On a light note, no offence my bro. At the bolded, you no suppose to talk here oo, no be you be the same person way mention GOT & PREDESTINATION here sometime ago, wetin concern mind fvck & fantasy drama...las las na joke I day oo, no go carry am for head like gala oo.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by gustav25: 6:53am On Mar 30, 2019
nani6666:
Avengers Confidential

8.5 / 10

They can't ,and if they do , it will be a water downed Version of him ... Thanks to daddy Disney and it's policy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by gustav25: 6:56am On Mar 30, 2019
Raalsalghul:

Tufiaa. angry

End game doesn't need a peasant's money

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by 3RNEST(m): 7:13am On Mar 30, 2019
armadeo:

I actually slept off in the cinema during this movie. It was a mess
grin grin I guess the part 3?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 7:31am On Mar 30, 2019
Raalsalghul:

Infact eh. Maybe because he watched punisher shooting anyhow, so he thought punisher was all in all.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by TheKingIsHere: 7:32am On Mar 30, 2019
olu4life:

A lot of people complained about the movie being boring. Make I wait for the thing to come out in clear version
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Itzneowizy(m): 7:47am On Mar 30, 2019
mekaprime:
TRIANGLE..9/10
GENRE:Fantasy, Mystery, Thriller
NB: Avoid any spoilers or reviews online before seeing this movie

First of, ignore the average rating on IMDB, the movie was excellent. The film has a well-executed time-loops and a solid reasoning behind the nature of the loops, to be very frank, I wasn't just lost at some point, I was confused by a lot of things, but after half an hour of analysis & careful thought, i finally got it. Just pay apt attention to the story they shared about Sisyphus, the son of Aeolus breaking a promise he makes to death & you might probably get what the movie is all about.
The movie was a perfectly scripted, & very intelligent, Intriguing mystery that plays with your mind from the very beginning until the very end. 100% recommended, no exaggerations here. A big thanks to my boss koicereloaded who recommend the movie to me sometime last year.

Itzneowizy do check it out.
This Déjà vu confundus movie grin....I've seen this movie....saw it in one of Koice's list then decided to download. That whole movie is one Great Big Fat...loop. The time loop scenes were perfectly pieced 2geda ..At some point it was point pretty simple and then Boom!!...Wtf!!...from that call she made to the boat, to that knock she heard at the door....Even the series of events that took place in the ship....didn't really pay much attention to the Story about Sisyphus...
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nova15: 7:48am On Mar 30, 2019
TheKingIsHere:

A lot of people complained about the movie being boring. Make I wait for the thing to come out in clear version

People are complaining abt the movie, but it's hitting huge at the box office. I heard it's almost hitting a billion.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 8:10am On Mar 30, 2019
gustav25:

End game doesn't need a peasant's money

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:10am On Mar 30, 2019
blingxx:
People like hulk616 will still come and talk sh*t
undecided undecided what are you saying
When did it become a sin to press Ctrl Z angry
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 8:11am On Mar 30, 2019
punisher is in the MCU

gustav25:

They can't ,and if they do , it will be a water downed Version of him ... Thanks to daddy Disney and it's policy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 8:24am On Mar 30, 2019
Itzneowizy:
This Déjà vu confundus movie grin....I've seen this movie....saw it in one of Koice's list then decided to download. That whole movie is one Great Big Fat...loop. The time loop scenes were perfectly pieced 2geda ..At some point it was point pretty simple and then Boom!!...Wtf!!...from that call she made to the boat, to that knock she heard at the door....Even the series of events that took place in the ship....didn't really pay much attention to the Story about Sisyphus...
Lol, you not alone, one minute, you'll be like yes, i've gotten it, then the next one blows you completely away.
SPOILER ALERT
That accident scene was actually meant to be the first series of event in that movie, mother & son dies, cab driver(death)picks her up & drops her soul/ ghost which somehow still had some physical manifestation down at the harbour, before she leaves, she promises the cab driver(who is death that she is gonna return to hand over her self finally to him) she gets to the harbour & instead of her to tell the other what happened & return back to the cab driver as promised, she decides to join them on the boat trip there by breaking the promise she made to the driver (death) because she never returned, instead she sailed away with the others. That's the analogy/comparison/link between the Story about Sisyphus & hers. So because she broke the promise she made to death, her somewhat physical manifestation kept repeating & re-living the same series of events over & over again as her punishment.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 8:29am On Mar 30, 2019
CHRONICLES.. 6.8/10
GENRE:Drama, Sci-Fi, Thriller

The movie took a deviation from the norms of the tradition of the superhero movies we are used to. The great power comes great responsibility speech doesn't apply here, it's more of great power makes me wanna fvck everyone up. The actors & acting were average, all thanks to Dane DeHaan & Michael B. Jordan,the CGI was manageable, the hand held camera used to capture the movie wasn't too good, well I'll let it slide since that's how it ought to be, considering it's a found footage movie,the storyline/plot was simple,easy to follows & predictable( its a superhero movie, who need twist nor turns). All in, it was a good low budget superhero-esque movie.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Itzneowizy(m): 8:35am On Mar 30, 2019
mekaprime:

Lol. At the bolded, thought as much. I read somewhere that the little explanation they gave us at the end of the movie was actually the inspectors point of view on how everything happened. This actually means that there are infinite number of explications as to what really happened in that movie &the writer might have knowingly kept it that way. To me, the movie is one I would refer to as one of those close to a masterpiece thrillers, that keeps you postulating theories upon theories after seeing it.

SPOILER ALERT

Here is another explanation I pulled from a site online, it's quite long though.

Alright, so I just watched the Illusionist for the first time and I was very disappointed with the explanation that was offered in the film. However, I think the explanation may have gone a little deeper than the film indicated. (Caution: spoilers)

So, at the beginning of the movie, Sophie asks Eisenheim to "make them disappear." Of course, he can't so they end up being parted. And then he goes off to who knows where to learn magic (presumably). And that's where he learns to makes things really disappear.

My theory is that Eisenheim himself is a ghost, as is Sophie. Crazy, right? Yeah, but there is evidence to back it up.

Cut to the start of Eisenheim's career. Early on the in the movie, he meets with his manager, who offers him a pastry (I think). Eisenheim turns him down. Later, the inspector offers him food as well and Eisenheim does the same thing. Trival, you say? I don't think so. If Eisenheim is indeed a ghost, he therefore wouldn't be able to eat, hence the reason why he declines the food.

Next, we have the 'death' trick with Sophie. Remember that weird little ghost thing that comes out of the mirror? The only reason Eisenheim is able to control that is because he is a ghost. We'll come back to this issue later.

Then, we have the trick where Eisenheim paints the picture without touching it. Because he is a spirit, he can move things without touching them. That's how he paints the picture.

Now, we get to the good stuff. Eisenheim and Sophie get together and the illusionist starts to plan. He knows the only way for Sophie to disappear is to become a spirit. This is the only way that they can be together in peace. As Sophie says, "The crown prince will hunt us until we die."

He then tells Sophie his plan and she accepts out of love for him. Then, she visits the Prince. She knows about his temperaments and his history as abusive. But she goes anyway. When she tells the Prince she is leaving him, he follows her outside and then, kills her. But this is all part of the plan.

Next, Eisenheim begins his obsession with contacting the dead. The explanation the movie offers for his ability to do this is simply through some sort of projection and that the dead aren't real. But I'm going to say they are. And the only reason Eisenheim holds any power over them is because he, too, is dead.

Is this starting to make sense?

Then, we have the scene prior to Eisenheim's second arrest where he does appear to be a spirit. This is probably the point that is the most difficult to explain given the movie's explanation. Was Eisenheim a projection throughout the whole show? No, he was a spirit the whole time but this is the first time he reveals it.

Then, the inspector beginnings his investigation. When he opens the book titled "Orange Tree" after the illusionist's infamous trick, he is met with only the plans for the locket Eisenheim makes for Sophie. But this is symbolic here. The locket itself takes two shapes, but can switch between the two-- the oval that it presents itself to be and the heart. This, in my theory, explains how Eisenheim is a ghost. He can switch between what people see him as-- a ghost or a normal, human being. That is his true illusion. And the locket is representative of that. Eisenheim can switch between his ghost form and the more corporeal he takes on. That is the trick.

However, the inspector does not accept this. Throughout the movie, we see his constant need to understand how Eisenheim does his magic. He is constantly asking, "How did you do that? Teach me how." So, it makes sense that when the inspector sees the truth-- that there is no trick in the sense that he imagined-- he doesn't accept it.

It is only when Eisenheim later returns in his corporeal form and offers the other book about the Orange Tree explained, that the inspector is satisfied with the explanation. He realizes that everything was a trick, and quickly makes up a theory about how everything else went down. This is the theory we are presented with, as the story is told from the inspector's point of view. But it is wrong.

The inspector is a sensible man-- always looking for how things can be done. He never for a second believes that Eisenheim illusions are anything but illusions. So, when he is offered an explanation that takes away any unexplainable things, he readily accepts it. To him, there is no way the Eisenheim is actually magical and that his illusions are true.

And, for all you romantics out there, we can assume that Eisenheim and Sophie ended up happily together, taking on their corporeal form somewhere in a cottage in the middle of nowhere.

So, that is what I think the true explanation of the Illusionist is. It's definitely more exciting that the one the inspector offers and, in my opinion, makes more sense. I hope you agree.

At the bolded..The writer actually kept it away....Regarding the numerous possible explanations.. I didn't really think deep (didn't feel the need to)...the Inspectors explanations as to what happened made perfect sense..... Eisenheim is an illusionist and a trickster....if u remember, a similar thing (tho not this same situation) happened in the Prestige where both magicians tricked themselves...it's all but TRICKS.....i don't quite agree with this guy's explanation... Switching between corporeal and ghost form?? undecided...I don't think the movie entails anything supernatural... That explanation was just simply aimed at trying to prove that the ghost trick was nothing short of supernatural..the scenes he referred to and used in supporting his claims were just coincidental happenstances [although they're quite solid and brilliant suggestions grin...even when his workers were told to divulge.. They said that it was not a trick..even the idea of locket...one way to also put it (an obvious way at)is that it's also part of the plan...like one piece of a puzzle...it lead the inspector to more evidence.... Besides Eisenheim made that locket out of love when he was still a kid ....with very little experience...was he a ghost right for time
]
...In the Prestige we we're made to understand that a Magician does not for any reason divulge his greatest trick...so Eisenheim prolly didn't let his workers in on that one....I'd still go with the idea perfecting the FANTASCOPE for now....SUPERNATURAL??.... not so sure

Hell..the explanation might be simpler than that conceived
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Itzneowizy(m): 8:40am On Mar 30, 2019
mekaprime:

I don't do horror movies, but I mistakenly saw Season of the Witch & IMO, the movie was barely horror. Though it started of well but ultimately descended to utter crap(no offence).

For Constantine, that's a very good movie, I've had it on my laptop for a long time now, but haven't seen it because of fear.

Exorcist, not planning on seeing this one, not even in my next life. All this people cannot come & kill me with fear.
You're scared of horror movie shocked??...while they make me laugh grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 8:53am On Mar 30, 2019
Itzneowizy:
At the bolded..The writer actually kept it away....Regarding the numerous possible explanations.. I didn't really think deep (didn't feel the need to)...the Inspectors explanations as to what happened made perfect sense..... Eisenheim is an illusionist and a trickster....if u remember, a similar thing (tho not this same situation) happened in the Prestige where both magicians tricked themselves...it's all but TRICKS.....i don't quite agree with this guy's explanation... Switching between corporeal and ghost form?? undecided...I don't think the movie entails anything supernatural... That explanation was just simply aimed at trying to prove that the ghost trick was nothing short of supernatural..the scenes he referred to and used in supporting his claims were just coincidental happenstances [although they're quite solid and brilliant suggestions grin...even when his workers were told to divulge.. They said that it was not a trick..even the idea of locket...one way to also put it (an obvious way at)is that it's also part of the plan...like one piece of a puzzle...it lead the inspector to more evidence.... Besides Eisenheim made that locket out of love when he was still a kid ....with very little experience...was he a ghost right for time
]
...In the Prestige we we're made to understand that a Magician does not for any reason divulge his greatest trick...so Eisenheim prolly didn't let his workers in on that one....I'd still go with the idea perfecting the FANTASCOPE for now....SUPERNATURAL??.... not so sure

Hell..the explanation might be simpler than that conceived

So I thought, the idea of him perfecting the FANTASCOP was actually my main thought, the above was just someone else's view. It was more of science at play & that must have been the knowledge he amassed from china all those years he lived there. But the supernatural theory shouldn't also be written of completely, because as at that time/age in Paris, supernatural acts were also kinda of a thing back then, so says the Christians.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:54am On Mar 30, 2019
Raalsalghul:

call me when Batman kills the whole DC universe but still then punisher is better than Batman
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:56am On Mar 30, 2019
olu4life:

its a win for marvel that you accepted the free tickets not like DC movies that people don't want their free tickets because the movie is toooo bad grin grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:57am On Mar 30, 2019
Raalsalghul:

I can pay for you so that you can see the movie that is 100times better than Wonder woman grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Itzneowizy(m): 8:58am On Mar 30, 2019
mekaprime:

Lol, you not alone, one minute, you'll be like yes, i've gotten it, then the next one blows you completely away.
SPOILER ALERT
That accident scene was actually meant to be the first series of event in that movie, mother & son dies, cab driver(death)picks her up & drops her soul/ ghost which somehow still had some physical manifestation down at the harbour, before she leaves, she promises the cab driver(who is death that she is gonna return to hand over her self finally to him) she gets to the harbour & instead of her to tell the other what happened & return back to the cab driver as promised, she decides to join them on the boat trip there by breaking the promise she made to the driver (death) because she never returned, instead she sailed away with the others. That's the analogy/comparison/link between the Story about Sisyphus & hers. So because she broke the promise she made to death, her somewhat physical manifestation kept repeating & re-living the same series of events over & over again.
shocked shocked...Your head dey there.... grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:58am On Mar 30, 2019
armadeo:

Lol.
good suggestion for that DC fan
Shazam is surely a waste grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:59am On Mar 30, 2019
Raalsalghul:

Tufiaa. angry
As old as you are, you are still making the same mistake over and over again

(1) (2) (3) ... (1168) (1169) (1170) (1171) (1172) (1173) (1174) ... (3872) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: 2 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 88
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.