Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,688 members, 7,875,695 topics. Date: Saturday, 29 June 2024 at 07:01 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1383) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3854445 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1380) (1381) (1382) (1383) (1384) (1385) (1386) ... (3872) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Prinxxdave: 8:24pm On Jun 07, 2019
I am the mother REVIEWS
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 8:37pm On Jun 07, 2019
Beorn:

Different strokes for different folks. Variety is the spice of life, I guess.

I have a co-worker friend, a lady for that matter, she stockpiles Horror movies in her laptop and only enjoy horror movies from 12am upwards. She laughs while watching it. No iota of fear at all. grin
Guy, she needs deliverance. No jokes. An unquenchable thirst for the morbid shows there's something wrong somewhere.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 8:40pm On Jun 07, 2019
AHCB:
The Others.

7/10.

Kinda creepy and sad. Telling a story from the perspective of ghosts who don't even know they're ghosts.
Eku spoiling angry

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 8:42pm On Jun 07, 2019
Beorn:

I remember watching the movie after KoiceReloaded_ suggested it to me and ended up terribly disappointed. Despite its high rating on RT and MC, the movie was so boring I gave it either 3 or 4/10 rating. The Shinning still remains the most boring horror movie I've ever watched, though I acknowledged the fact that if I'd watched in my childhood days, I'd have rated it high and probably enjoyed it. Too bad I watched it as an adult.

I used to think I was too harsh with my rating as Koice pointed out, until I watched Ready Player One and in the movie, one of the clues revealed that The Shinning was the novel whose movie adaptation the writer (Stephen King) hated. So, I guess if the writer of the novel felt disappointed with the movie adaption, anyone that feels that way will probably be right as well. cheesy
I swear there was nothing horrifying about the movie, I was being very gracious with my rating.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 8:55pm On Jun 07, 2019
Octopusssy:

Guy, she needs deliverance. No jokes. An unquenchable thirst for the morbid shows there's something wrong somewhere.

Nah, she's perfectly okay. I know someone that doesn't watch movies. He's always telling me "how do people enjoy watching movies?" To him, we that love movies probably need deliverance as well.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by AHCB: 8:57pm On Jun 07, 2019
Octopusssy:

Eku spoiling angry
thank you oh jarey. smiley

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 9:05pm On Jun 07, 2019
alexistaiwo:
Should I believe you?

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:13pm On Jun 07, 2019

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 9:27pm On Jun 07, 2019
MJBOLT:
which swamp thing? undecided i hope it's not the one DC cancelled after dropping one episode

Wait... Swamp Thing has been Canceled ❓❔
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:31pm On Jun 07, 2019
Whiplash

No other movie has made me sweat just from visually examining it. None!

- When he was practicing until he ran out of bandages...
- When he was playing after the car crash, then his final performance/solo...
- Oh God, when the conductor determinately smiled, and the drummer smiled as well...

I've visually perceived over a thousand movies, no question. Some introduced mind-blowing incredible conceptions, some had amazing shots, and plots, etc. None even come close to making you physically feel the movie as much as Whiplash. Simply visceral. I'm still dumbstruck and in awe even as I indite this. It's veraciously on another level. I feel like this is how jazz should sound according to the conductor.

This movie will go down in centuries. Once humanity loses its feelings in favor of higher cognitive potencies, this movie will be homogeneous to a drug that gives you a window into feelings. It's a remedy for psychopathy. Watch it, feel it.

8.8/10.

4 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:34pm On Jun 07, 2019
iuwe:

Errrhhmmm where is the screenshot?
you want tutorial on using Google again cheesy
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:35pm On Jun 07, 2019
nani667:

yes, swamp trash has been cancelled
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 9:38pm On Jun 07, 2019

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by nani667: 9:40pm On Jun 07, 2019
hulk616:
yes, swamp trash has been cancelled

After all the hype sad

Shii died before it even started

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:44pm On Jun 07, 2019

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 10:02pm On Jun 07, 2019

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:15pm On Jun 07, 2019

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 10:22pm On Jun 07, 2019

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MJBOLT: 10:25pm On Jun 07, 2019
yes
nani667:

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:52pm On Jun 07, 2019

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 10:53pm On Jun 07, 2019

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:57pm On Jun 07, 2019

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by losprince(m): 11:20pm On Jun 07, 2019
Battle of the memes
cool cool cool cool cool cool
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 11:33pm On Jun 07, 2019
Octopusssy:

You must be kidneying me. The Shining wasn't all that great ke?! That book is one of Stephen King's best books.

Take the words of a super fan who has read almost all his books, and when I say it is one of his best, it means there are others he wrote which weren't all that great. But the Shining? That is one of his unmatchable masterpieces.

I think the Dark Tower series was great, the last book of the series I read was The Drawing Of The Three.
I like the fact that racism was set aside in the movie adaptation, Roland the Gunslinger was Played by Idris Elba and Roland was suppose to be a white character.

sometimes i wonder if Stephen King is not an Alien, his mind never runs out of weird stories.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Beorn: 11:33pm On Jun 07, 2019

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 11:37pm On Jun 07, 2019
Afobear:
Telegram still the best for downloading movies

is that the phone app? how do you use telegram to download movies?
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 11:38pm On Jun 07, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Abegi, iron man that resembles aba made miniaturized transformer

"Hello, Mr stark, its bumblebee calling. Stop stealing my swag"

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Raalsalghul: 11:42pm On Jun 07, 2019
iuwe:
Still doesn't change the facts that the worst reviewed comic book movie is a marvel movie. History have it for posterity grin grin grin grin
Iuwe pity them na.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 11:42pm On Jun 07, 2019
AHCB:
news most marvel fan boys won't never want to admit, even if it was staring right in their faces.

Later they'll come and start giving excuses if the movie flops. You'll start reading them say, X-men isn't part of MCU, Sony owns X-men bla bla bla.

I just love the way these marvel fan boys have the right excuse for any Marvel movie that flopped. It's the same thing they did with Punisher: War Zone. Though I personally love the movie because I'm a fan of The Punisher.

I personally love that movie, am yet to see a better Punisher movie than War Zone, bar the series that was shut down.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 11:56pm On Jun 07, 2019
Bohemian Rhapsody. I'm like "WHY THE HELL AM I JUST SEEING THIS MOVIE?"

The Professor and the Mad Man. Mel Gibson and Sean Penn. I meannnnnnnn! Love it.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Octopusssy(f): 12:03am On Jun 08, 2019
pryme:

I think the Dark Tower series was great, the last book of the series I read was The Drawing Of The Three.
I like the fact that racism was set aside in the movie adaptation, Roland the Gunslinger was Played by Idris Elba and Roland was suppose to be a white character.

sometimes i wonder if Stephen King is not an Alien, his mind never runs out of weird stories.
Stephen King is a writer. A super talented one and a literary icon. His mind works in mysterious ways grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by pryme(m): 12:17am On Jun 08, 2019
Life Of Pi 7.5/10

this the second time a story of Indian narrative has impressed me after Slumdog Millionaire.

(1) (2) (3) ... (1380) (1381) (1382) (1383) (1384) (1385) (1386) ... (3872) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 43
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.