Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,860 members, 7,876,286 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 01:56 PM

What Movie Are You Watching Now? - TV/Movies (1724) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / What Movie Are You Watching Now? (3856164 Views)

What Series Are You Watching And Who Is Your Favorite Character? / What Series Are You Watching Now? Part 2 / What Series Are You Watching Now? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (1721) (1722) (1723) (1724) (1725) (1726) (1727) ... (3872) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 4:53pm On Nov 05, 2019
DannyKoice:

The action scenes were the best part, but the cynic in me couldn't help but notice that they were sometimes big, boomy and boring - basically Michael Bay-esque. You know, an action style that does a lot and nothing simultaneously.

Wait. With all the insults Micheal Bay gets, the guy doesn't make box office flops. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 5:17pm On Nov 05, 2019
Damfostopper:
The Eye 2002.......
8/10

mehn that movie gave me goose bumps...... organ transplant gone wrong.......
imagine things that we normally see everyday then opportunity comes for you to see beyond the physical into the supernatural....... mehn the torment from that is something else......

after seeing that ghost woman lick that meat from the husband restaurant........ to buy naked something dey fear me

I told you it was much better than the American version.. The night i saw the movie, i had nightmares, no kidding bro... Nicely rated by the way. At the bolded, pls don't go further, I don't want to remember.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 5:19pm On Nov 05, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Wait. With all the insults Micheal Bay gets, the guy doesn't make box office flops. grin

It's just a matter of time, believe me, he'll get there very soon.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 5:23pm On Nov 05, 2019
Sony planning on releasing Bad Boys For Life come Jan 17, 2020... Another ticking box office bomb waiting to go off & if this happens, this will be the last straw that'll break the camel's back as regards Will Smith's acting career. Am really feeling for the dude, he's been having box office flops back to back of late.
Well, since Sony is involved here, i just hope my prediction is flawed.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 5:45pm On Nov 05, 2019
mekaprime:
Sony planning on releasing Bad Boys For Life come Jan 17, 2020... Another ticking box office bomb waiting to go off & if this happens, this will be the last straw that'll break the camel's back as regards Will Smith's acting career. Am really feeling for the dude, he's been having box office flops back to back of late.
Sony should give the movie more hype. The last two Bad Boy movies weren't flops (to the best of my knowledge) so I see no reason why this one should be.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by J2381: 5:47pm On Nov 05, 2019
mekaprime:

if I was a typical Nigerian I would have called you a hater. grin
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:51pm On Nov 05, 2019
JeromeBlack:

The mothafucka knows his audience, I'll give him that. Explosions, car chases and scantily-clad women have been his trusted allies for years. He's smart enough to stay within the boundaries of his comfort zone, unlike pretentious niggas like Spielberg and co. He knows he's a very limited director, and doesn't pretend to be otherwise. grin

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:55pm On Nov 05, 2019
mekaprime:

I really don't think he will. Young adults love his flicks like mad. If there is a demand for a product, it will always sell.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 5:58pm On Nov 05, 2019
mekaprime:
Smith reminds me of a guy that lives in the past. Nigga should wake up, and reinvent his ailing career. He's still young enough.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 7:44pm On Nov 05, 2019
DannyKoice:

I really don't think he will. Young adults love his flicks like mad. If there is a demand for a product, it will always sell.
Well that's true though, even teenagers. I guess it all boils down to demand just like you hinted. The demand for blockbuster flicks like what Bay offers is never going to decline so long as there are teenagers & young adults who fancy such.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 7:47pm On Nov 05, 2019
J2381:
if I was a typical Nigerian I would have called you a hater. grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by mekaprime: 8:02pm On Nov 05, 2019
DannyKoice:

The mothafucka knows his audience, I'll give him that. Explosions, car chases and scantily-clad women have been his trusted allies for years. He's smart enough to stay within the boundaries of his comfort zone, unlike pretentious niggas like Spielberg and co. He knows he's a very limited director, and doesn't pretend to be otherwise. grin

So long as they stick to their formula, i don't see movies in the Transformers franchise ever flopping at the box office.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 8:06pm On Nov 05, 2019
DannyKoice:

That's why I feel that Tyler Perry and Michael Bay can never grow. Directors that make films for only profit and profit alone.

There is no art to their work. Just a monotonous rinse and repeat of a cliche filled movie formula
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by JeromeBlack: 8:07pm On Nov 05, 2019
mekaprime:

So long as they stick to their formula, i don't see movies in the Transformers franchise ever flopping at the box office.

Michael Bay has no art to his work. Rinse and repeat formula.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by MrEnigma007: 8:12pm On Nov 05, 2019
mekaprime:

I told you it was much better than the American version.. The night i saw the movie, i had nightmares, no kidding bro... Nicely rated by the way. At the bolded, pls don't go further, I don't want to remember.

How do one get the subtitled one because the one I downloaded was not Chinese
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:17pm On Nov 05, 2019
JeromeBlack:

That's why I feel that Tyler Perry and Michael Bay can never grow. Directors that make films for only profit and profit alone.

There is no art to their work. Just a monotonous rinse and repeat of a cliche filled movie formula

Critics will never like Michael Bay, and cinefiles will mostly thump their noses at him, but he will always be a synonym for explosions in action films. I don't know about you, but to me, that's the stuff of legend. You know you've arrived when people use your name as a noun for a cliched movie trope.

I'm not a fan of the guy, but I respect him. He's good at what he does, perhaps, the best at what he does.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:34pm On Nov 05, 2019
JeromeBlack:

Michael Bay has no art to his work. Rinse and repeat formula.
Some people would argue that what he does is art, just of a different form.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 8:35pm On Nov 05, 2019
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Stonecoldstare1: 8:40pm On Nov 05, 2019
abduleez1:

Whoa, thanks bro. Really appreciate. cool
You're welcome

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 9:30pm On Nov 05, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

Watching the pilot of another AppleTV's original, For All Mankind, right now, and it's really good. Apple got one lineup right, at least.

That being said, I totally concur with you. Apple ventured into the streaming business too soon. Do you know that there is no AppleTV app on Android TV atm? Considering the fact that well over 70% of all smart TVs are powered by android OS, that's a very dumb business idea. I don't think I'll be exaggerating if I say AppleTV may very well be DOA at this point. You can't be the next Netflix if you are not available on the world's best entertainment platform.

Erm erm erm

Geek interrupt. Apologies.

Most smart TVs are powered by the vendors proprietary os which they had at some point planned to deploy on phones

Lg has webos
Hisense has Vidaa
Samsung has risen
HUAWEI if I recall has some TVs in China

The only manufacturers I can say off the top of my head are Sony and tcl.

I had wanted an android tv so I could play my android game library on a big screen, so I did some research back then. Las las , my best bet would have been an nvidia shield

If I recall, the only apple app you will see on the android AppStore is the migration app.

Apple will have to make apps not just for android, but for amazon, roku, plex, kodi, and all the TVs our there. Netflix and amazon have already done this.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:32pm On Nov 05, 2019
DannyKoice:
WB really want that Oscar, huh? grin grin

On a serious note, it's a smart strategy. Waterboard the Oscars in every direction, and wait for something to shake lose. #Smart

Cc; abduleez1

Yea, true bro. Perfect strategy, must try to clinch at least one or two Oscars. Keeping their options very wide and distributed.

It was the pic I was trying to upload all morning.
Thanks.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 11:38pm On Nov 05, 2019
DannyKoice:

Lol... grin grin grin

1 Like 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 6:11am On Nov 06, 2019
abduleez1:

Yea, true bro. Perfect strategy, must try to clinch at least one or two Oscars. Keeping their options very wide and distributed.

It was the pic I was trying to upload all morning.
Thanks.

It'd be hilarious if Joker ends up getting nominated in the least sexy categories and winning none - I've seen this happen before. The Oscars is more of a popularity context nowadays, than a ceremony of merit, albeit the numero uno of Award ceremonies.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:32am On Nov 06, 2019
KoiceReloaded:

It'd be hilarious if Joker ends up getting nominated in the least sexy categories and winning none - I've seen this happen before. The Oscars is more of a popularity context nowadays, than a ceremony of merit, albeit the numero uno of Award ceremonies.

It would be truly hilarious and unfortunate.

Yep, the Oscars credibility has dropped lately.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by abduleez1(m): 7:39am On Nov 06, 2019
DannyKoice:

About that Steven Spielberg, its been long I heard of his name prominently. Is he involved in any recent big project, I haven't heard much of him lately.

Last I heard of him was his involvement in The BFG.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:44am On Nov 06, 2019
abduleez1:

About that Steven Spielberg, its been long I heard of his name prominently. Is he involved in any recent big project, I haven't heard much of him lately.

Last I heard of him was his involvement in The BFG.

Me too. I think he's in semi-retirement mode, and who can blame him. Dude's 72 years. He's been in the movie scene like forever.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 7:49am On Nov 06, 2019
ornicus:

Erm erm erm

Geek interrupt. Apologies.

Most smart TVs are powered by the vendors proprietary os which they had at some point planned to deploy on phones

Lg has webos
Hisense has Vidaa
Samsung has risen
HUAWEI if I recall has some TVs in China

The only manufacturers I can say off the top of my head are Sony and tcl.

I had wanted an android tv so I could play my android game library on a big screen, so I did some research back then. Las las , my best bet would have been an nvidia shield

If I recall, the only apple app you will see on the android AppStore is the migration app.

Apple will have to make apps not just for android, but for amazon, roku, plex, kodi, and all the TVs our there. Netflix and amazon have already done this.

I may have exaggerated the numbers a bit, but Android is the most prevalent OS in Smart TV platforms. Basically, there are more Smart TV brands utilizing Android TV as their framework platform as opposed to Roku, Tizen, Vewd, et al.

https://www.statista.com/statistics/882062/worldwide-smart-tv-operating-system-share/

PS: Hisense uses Android TV and Roku, while Samsung uses tizen, not risen.

1 Like

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 8:19am On Nov 06, 2019
Robin Hood (2018) 4/10

I don't know who and who were bored with nothing to do and decided to make this film. Plot was weaker than boiled vegetables. None of the actors could be bothered to save the movie. Not even Jamie Foxx.

The actions scenes were OK but forgettable. What I assume must have been their feeble attempts at comedy were dead on arrival.
The only reason I'm giving this movie a 4 is because it somehow managed not to leave a bitter taste in my mouth. Basically, it was as bad as I expected it to be and not worse.

2 Likes

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Kaycee7(m): 8:31am On Nov 06, 2019
Polar 5/10

Another forgettable movie. Mads Mikkelsen probably had free time and decided he could use the extra cash. You need to completely shut down your brain to give this movie a pass. Plot was stupid. The action scenes were over the top and yet forgettable, all the same. None of the characters were engaging, at all. And the nudity was just distasteful and unnecessary. Desperately trying to be edgy.
Wonder how some dumbos had the idiotic thought of comparing this to John Wick. No atom of resemblance at all.

Meanwhile, is Katheryn Winnick cosplaying as Snow White here? Cos what burst into my mind the minute I saw her was
Hair as black as ebony
Lips as red as blood
Skin as white as snow
grin grin

1 Share

Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by iamJ(m): 10:01am On Nov 06, 2019
Watched Dora and the lost city of gold

Hahahaha

I cover my face in shame

I loved it
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by Nobody: 10:10am On Nov 06, 2019
Kaycee7:
Robin Hood (2019) 4/10

I don't know who and who were bored with nothing to do and decided to make this film. Plot was weaker than boiled vegetables. None of the actors could be bothered to save the movie. Not even Jamie Foxx.

The actions scenes were OK but forgettable. What I assume must have been their feeble attempts at comedy were dead on arrival.
The only reason I'm giving this movie a 4 is because it somehow managed not to leave a bitter taste in my mouth. Basically, it was as bad as I expected it to be and not worse.

A fail grade is a fail grade though, isn't it? Doesn't matter if it's 4, 3, 2 or 1. I say this because I don't grade beyond 4. Anything south of 5 is insignificant to me. 4 to me represents grades 1-4 - the failure grades.
Re: What Movie Are You Watching Now? by iamJ(m): 10:21am On Nov 06, 2019
My take away from the Dora movie

With the right teaching home schooling is the best

Just that the child will be socially awkward

(1) (2) (3) ... (1721) (1722) (1723) (1724) (1725) (1726) (1727) ... (3872) (Reply)

Live: Big Brother Naija 2018 (Double Wahala) BBNaija Live Thread / BBNaija 2021 Live Updates Thread / BBNaija 2019 Live Updates (Big Brother Naija 2019 Thread)

Viewing this topic: KingdomSermon, TheSuperX(m) and 44 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 54
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.