Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,658 members, 7,979,238 topics. Date: Saturday, 19 October 2024 at 01:50 AM

Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? - Computers (17) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? (114609 Views)

Does It Really Matter If You Pull A USB Out Before It Safely Ejects? / Hotspot Shield - Will It Really Conceal Your Ip / Starcomms Modem Exchange Program.does It Really Worth It? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (86) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by flyuche(m): 11:41am On Dec 27, 2008
starcomms is not reliable. very inconsistent.
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by samir101ng(m): 2:30pm On Dec 27, 2008
And MTN 3G will not last me 2 days ! grin grin
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by flyuche(m): 7:41pm On Dec 27, 2008
kai! starcomms just de frustrate me this holidays. every 5minutes e go disconnect.
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by DoubleN(m): 10:32pm On Dec 27, 2008
Mine has been misbehaving also,i thought it was from my modem.The stuff is very very annoying.
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by phizz: 6:30am On Dec 28, 2008
Samir aw far with ur ban issue got it resolved or u got anoda network? lipsrsealed[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by mufasa(m): 9:27am On Dec 28, 2008
Is this for real? shocked I m seeing screen shotz of download rates of over 120kb/s. Well i'm using the Izap express card and the max speed i get here in Abuja is 35kb/s and thats with Internet Download Accelerator. How are you guys doing it? Abeg help a brova out?
Happy Hols y'all. grin
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by Nobody: 4:43pm On Dec 28, 2008
^^I'm equally shocked at the dizzying speeds I've seen here. I'm using a [b]shit [/b]starcomms zte card and the avg download speed is around 8-10kb/s with a DAP accelrator and I live in the evdo rich Garki region of abuja.
I've been thinking of upgrading to the izap, but I'm not so sure because I don't trust starcomms. When I first signed-on with them they promised I was going to get broadband like speeds, but it seems the problem was the shit card they sold me. I figured this when some buddy of mine who uses a sierra wireless card came over to my crib and his connection was way faster than mine.

So guys I need ur help on this one, is it worth givin the izap a shot or should i consider the mtn 3.5g, I also hear ipnx is quite good?
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by lynxnoon(m): 10:32pm On Dec 29, 2008
C_JAY:

^^I'm equally shocked at the dizzying speeds I've seen here. I'm using a shit [/b]starcomms zte card and the avg download speed is around 8-10kb/s with a DAP accelrator and I live in the evdo rich Garki region of abuja.
I've been thinking of upgrading to the izap, but I'm not so sure because I don't trust starcomms. When I first signed-on with them they promised I was going to get broadband like speeds, but it seems the problem was the shit card they sold me. I figured this when some buddy of mine who uses a sierra wireless card came over to my crib and his connection was way faster than mine.

So guys I need ur help on this one, is it worth givin [b]the izap a shot [/b]or should i consider the [b]mtn 3.5g,
I also hear ipnx is quite good?
oh boy no near mtn3g if u knw wetin good for u oh!!
AS PER IZAP CANT REALLY SAY BUT I TINK IT HAS TO DO WIT D COVERAGE AREA SHA N FRM D LOOK OF TINS I FEEL D SIERRA CARD IS QUITE GOOD BUT DONT TINK ITS STILL AVAILABLE
IPNX is cool if u've got d dough grin n d modem is qutie big sha undecided
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by adeg(m): 3:23pm On Dec 30, 2008
FOR SALE

Starcomms EV-DO PCMCIA Card Type: Sierra Wireless AirCard580
with at least 100 hours valid till 24th January

Price: =N=20,000 negotiable on highest bid first come first serve.

Send mail to fostersCF @ gmail . com if interested.
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by phizz: 10:57pm On Dec 30, 2008
Starcomms don dey misbehave ooooooooooooo, the tin just dey time out who send dem message
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by Nobody: 5:15pm On Dec 31, 2008
adeg i am game but your price is waaaaaaaay out of the ball park
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by phizz: 12:16am On Jan 01, 2009
Starcomms Don Step Up wit new year oooooooooooooo

see

Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by lynxnoon(m): 1:24am On Jan 01, 2009
abi oh
am gettin stedy rates of 40 - 60KB/s today tho hv hd beta rates sha undecided
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by lynxnoon(m): 1:33am On Jan 01, 2009
like dis one

Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by DoubleN(m): 2:03am On Jan 01, 2009
phizz:

Starcomms Don Step Up wit new year oooooooooooooo

see

Are you using the USB stuff?
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by phizz: 7:38am On Jan 01, 2009
i use the data card, just bought it last week. still hoping it will increase
or is there any software i can use to boost
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by DoubleN(m): 8:24am On Jan 01, 2009
You can try their iboost stuff they have been advertising,it is on their website. It gave my system a blue Screen twice!.I was asking cos my USB stuff is also Novatel
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by phizz: 8:33am On Jan 01, 2009
does i boost works for evdo, i taught it was for only 1x
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by aieromon(m): 9:21am On Jan 01, 2009
am posting this for the 3rd time

am enjoying the services provided by starcomms, and to think i live in the outskirts of lagos(abule egba).
i must say though that the signal fluctuates in yaba and surulere so they need to step up their game in these areas.

the evdo signal is great with speeds of up to 210kb/s at night(am serious,dude!).i use the sierra wireless card n my friend that uses the zte card n never once have we complained,except when we take it to yaba.v.i is the best spot as you can get maximum speed even in the morning.
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by lynxnoon(m): 4:53pm On Jan 01, 2009
aieromon:

am posting this for the 3rd time

am enjoying the services provided by starcomms, and to think i leave in the outskirts of lagos(abule egba).
i must say though that the signal fluctuates in yaba and surulere so they need to step up their game in these areas.

the evdo signal is great with speeds of up to 210kb/s at night(am serious,dude!).i use the sierra wireless card n my friend that uses the zte card n never once have we complained,except when we take it to yaba.v.i is the best spot as you can get maximum speed even in the morning.
men i hv always said it dat dere's somtin to dis sierra n zte cards undecided,,,,,,,a friend of my tried his sierra card in my crib(oshodi) yesterday n we were getting speeds of 1Mb/s shocked
hmmmmmmm e be like say i go try get dat card oh wink wink
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by flyuche(m): 6:50pm On Jan 01, 2009
sierra don tey for modem business nah. zte, ?
i watched a video without buffering, interesting. but when all these corporates resume, bandwidth go reduce.
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by lynxnoon(m): 7:00pm On Jan 01, 2009
yes oh smiley
Flyuche abi she u go trade ur card 4 my CORRECT expresscard? grin grin
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by flyuche(m): 7:10pm On Jan 01, 2009
lynxnoon:

yes oh smiley
Flyuche abi she u go trade ur card 4 my CORRECT expresscard? grin grin
i hope to get some sierra modems not current offered by starcomms and get them configured.
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by lynxnoon(m): 7:21pm On Jan 01, 2009
flyuche:

i hope to get some sierra modems not current offered by starcomms and get them configured.
let me know wen u've configured dem

Ehen, i just remembered u didnt send d laptop specs to my mail as u said undecided,,,,,,,,,,,,,wel hv gotten a new lappy sha wink
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by Nobody: 8:01pm On Jan 01, 2009
@ lynxnoon - i bought a starcomms evdo usb modem last week. it's 3G - can it be upgraded to izap? since izap uses the same modem?
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by flyuche(m): 8:14pm On Jan 01, 2009
oyb:

@ lynxnoon - i bought a starcomms evdo usb modem last week. it's 3G - can it be upgraded to izap? since izap uses the same modem?
it's izap.
lynxnoon:

let me know when u've configured them

Ehen, i just remembered u didnt send d laptop specs to my mail as u said undecided,,,,,,,,,,,,,wel hv gotten a new lappy sha wink
i did. what make did you buy and the spec?
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by lynxnoon(m): 10:08pm On Jan 01, 2009
oyb:

just as flyuche said it's Izap or u can call customer care to verify sha

flyuche:

it's izap[b].i did[/b]. what make did you buy and the spec?
Ehen??!! i didnt see it oh
well i got a HP Dv2990nr Artist Edition,,,,,,,,,,(core2duo centrino 2.0GHz,3gig RAM,250gig HDD, 14.1", wifi/blutooth etc )
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by lynxnoon(m): 10:34pm On Jan 01, 2009
Rough pixs i took just now

Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by DoubleN(m): 11:00pm On Jan 01, 2009
How good is the battery of the lappy?
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by lynxnoon(m): 11:26pm On Jan 01, 2009
well like up to 2 hrs sha
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by adeg(m): 9:52am On Jan 02, 2009
C_JAY:

adeg i am game but your price is waaaaaaaay out of the ball park

Yeah is negotiable. Contact me by mail and let's come 2 an agreement.

I am in Lagos by the way
Re: Starcomms Izap - Is It Really Fast As Starcomms Claim? by adeg(m): 10:20am On Jan 02, 2009
FOR SALE

Starcomms EV-DO PCMCIA Card Type: Sierra Wireless AirCard580
with at least 100 hours valid till 24th January

Price: =N=20,000 negotiable on highest bid first come first serve.

Send mail to fostersCF @ gmail . com if interested.

N.B. Starcomms don't have PCMCIA for EVDO again, they now offer Express Card. This is far cheaper solution for who cannot afford the INITIAL cost of USB
And it's still NEGOTIABLE.

(1) (2) (3) ... (14) (15) (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) ... (86) (Reply)

How To Change IP To Any Country IP Without Using Software / modify12Am 16/07/10 free Us Proxy And Other,first Come First Serve.go Get Yours / Strictly Internet Speed Screen Shots

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.