Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,647 members, 7,979,193 topics. Date: Friday, 18 October 2024 at 11:08 PM

Medical Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Wednesday - Health (4) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Medical Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Wednesday (10985 Views)

Lagos Doctors Begin Another Indefinite Strike / Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Today / Resident Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Action Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Medical Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Wednesday by Chartey(m): 2:33pm On Dec 16, 2013
otokx:

MBBS is not and can never be equal to PhD
By God's grace I'm on course to earning an MBBS and you're so right.
Re: Medical Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Wednesday by Nobody: 2:36pm On Dec 16, 2013
eaglechild:
What do you mean by PhD lecturers, MBBS alone is equivalent to PhD not to add fellowship in a speciality.

you are a dullard! U are insanly sick!
Re: Medical Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Wednesday by Nobody: 2:40pm On Dec 16, 2013
jmichael: D mumu dat said mbbs is equivalent to Ph.D must b a product of same sex marriage.
buhahahaha, now, u are nt making sense. Evntho its funny, hahhaahah
Re: Medical Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Wednesday by Nobody: 2:41pm On Dec 16, 2013
phantom: do you know that the MbbS is actually two bachelors degrees? Its equivalent to a phD.thats why they are called DOCTORS
you are a radiolgist, but u have no brains. M sorry
Re: Medical Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Wednesday by phantom(m): 2:45pm On Dec 16, 2013
nouveaux:
you are a radiolgist, but u have no brains. M sorry
please no insults! we ve been civil here. go back to the second page and read the links i dropped. dont rush into the thread and rain insults. like they say 'only ______ rush in' . fill in the blank space.
Re: Medical Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Wednesday by Nobody: 2:46pm On Dec 16, 2013
phantom: funny!masters? grin Thats a debate for another day.
explain this; Oladele O.R, (MBBS, MSc, PhD)
Re: Medical Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Wednesday by phantom(m): 2:54pm On Dec 16, 2013
nouveaux:
explain this; Oladele O.R, (MBBS, MSc, PhD)
he has a basic medical degree but went ahead to do masters and a phD in another feild.stop looking for way where there is no way.it makes you come off as being grossly unintelligent grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Wednesday by Nobody: 2:59pm On Dec 16, 2013
phantom: he has a basic medical degree but went ahead to do masters and a pH d in another filed.
but MBBS is equal to PhD, why bother?
You lots wants improvement but will do anything within your reach to impede the growth of other health workers!
I heard something about IPPIS, i wouldnt know the meaning but heard other health care providers where removed from the scheme, why? Why Ugly pests!
Na this bald albino doctor i dey target, oh my jigbijigbi! He would suffer in my hands, conceited fagggot/maggot like him.
This foolish one too, he knows it all, u cant correct him! Im on the watch out, they will enjoy me, let ASUU call off!
Awon agbaya, adagba madanu
**spits
Re: Medical Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Wednesday by jmichael(m): 3:04pm On Dec 16, 2013
phantom: he has a basic medical degree but went ahead to do masters and a phD in another feild.stop looking for way where there is no way.it makes you come off as being grossly unintelligent grin grin grin grin grin

Noauveux, y r u wastin ur precious time on dis yr2 medical student. D best u cld do for him is advice him to take d medications alrdy prescibed.
Re: Medical Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Wednesday by phantom(m): 3:05pm On Dec 16, 2013
nouveaux:
but MBBS is equal to PhD, why bother?
You lots wants improvement but will do anything within your reach to impede the growth of other health workers!
I heard something about IPPIS, i wouldnt know the meaning but heard other health care providers where removed from the scheme, why? Why Ugly pests!
Na this bald albino doctor i dey target, oh my jigbijigbi! He would suffer in my hands, conceited fagggot/maggot like him.
This foolish one too, he knows it all, u cant correct him! Im on the watch out, they will enjoy me, let ASUU call off!
Awon agbaya, adagba madanu
**spits
so in effect you have jumped in to argue without reading up on the topic or doing some form of research and you want me to take you seriously??please dont quote me again!!!!(i am asking nicely) angry grin grin
Re: Medical Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Wednesday by Nobody: 3:08pm On Dec 16, 2013
Mbbs is not equal to phd. Some doctors have not been paid for over 5 months now. They are not machines. Even machines need fuel. They are humans with needs. Do u want them to keep working with hunger.
Re: Medical Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Wednesday by phantom(m): 3:08pm On Dec 16, 2013
okay people with subzero IQ have officially invaded the thread. i am out!!!! grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Medical Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Wednesday by phantom(m): 3:11pm On Dec 16, 2013
dionysius: Mbbs is not equal to phd. Some doctors have not been paid for over 5 months now. They are not machines. Even machines need fuel. They are humans with needs. Do u want them to keep working with hunger.
please go to page 2 and read my links!! jesus people dont want to read or educate themselves but jump in and argue blindly thats why increased funding to universities will only help oue educational system by 50%....the other 50% lies with basic primary and secondary education which some people dont have but want to get into the university... grin grin grin grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Wednesday by Acidosis(m): 3:34pm On Dec 16, 2013
phantom: funny!masters? grin Thats a debate for another day.
You are funny bro...

Don't you know MBBS holders go for Masters in other medical fields like Pharmacology, Physiology etc..?

If MBBS = Your imaginary Ph.D, then why do MBBS holders still go for an imaginary "common" Masters?
Re: Medical Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Wednesday by Nobody: 3:40pm On Dec 16, 2013
Acidosis:
You are funny bro...

Don't you know MBBS holders go for Masters in other medical fields like Pharmacology, Physiology etc..?

If MBBS = Your imaginary Ph.D, then why do MBBS holders still go for an imaginary "common" Masters?

my point, exactly!
They are toooo full of themselves!
I just dislike people that allows pride to overide their logical and rational reasonings!
BTW, I have a feeling yo're a rxist,@acidosis
Re: Medical Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Wednesday by phantom(m): 3:44pm On Dec 16, 2013
Acidosis:
You are funny bro...

my brother understand the arguement.it was made in context to the title 'doctor' .i am a doctor but i can still go ahead and do a masters and phD in physiology for instance IF i am considering LECTURING in physiology.with my basic degree, i cant do that.the initial argument was on the MBBS and its worth as a degree.its a professional doctorate but for me to teach physiology i must have a RESEARCH doctorate in it.

3 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Wednesday by Acidosis(m): 3:52pm On Dec 16, 2013
By the way..

If the e-doctors on Nairaland claim to hold the same title with a reader (PhD holder), can DVM (Doctor of Veterinary Medicine), O.D (Doctor of optometry) and Dentist also claim the esteem PhD Degree? grin grin

Funny...

Nigerians and their quests for imaginary titles grin

If you want to become a Ph.D holder, go get a Postgraduate form and be reader to spend max. of 8years after your MSc. (also be ready to hold a chalk or pen!)

If you want to become a human doctor, get your as.s to a med school and be prepared to attend to sick people...

People should learn to respect their positions... no need trespassing..
At the end, those who really enjoy the massive wealth do not give a hoot about degrees...
Re: Medical Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Wednesday by phantom(m): 3:53pm On Dec 16, 2013
you must also remember that a professor in surgery or gynaecology does not do a masters or phD in those areas before he begins to lecture and attains that level.so how would you explain that? Granted they do post graduate residency program so in effect, basic degree + fellow of the national college of surgeons+ write a few papers= professor.

1 Like

Re: Medical Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Wednesday by InvertedHammer: 3:55pm On Dec 16, 2013
naijaking1:

Thanks.
Most likely organized by the same politicians who want to do anything and everything to bring down GEJ

/
GEJ is just paranoid.

Do not make promises or sign agreement that you don't intend to honour...

usually it comes back to bite

\
Re: Medical Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Wednesday by Acidosis(m): 3:56pm On Dec 16, 2013
nouveaux:
my point, exactly!
They are toooo full of themselves!
I just dislike people that allows pride to overide their logical and rational reasonings!
BTW, I have a feeling yo're a rxist,@acidosis

nah BSc
pharmacology
Re: Medical Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Wednesday by Nobody: 4:01pm On Dec 16, 2013
phantom: you must also remember that a professor in surgery or gynaecology does not do a masters or phD in those areas before he begins to lecture and attains that level.so how would you explain that? Granted they do post graduate residency program so in effect, basic degree + fellow of the national college of surgeons+ write a few papers= professor.
Wole Soyinka has no PhD when he attained the height of profesorship.
And, world over, you dont need a PhD to be a professor, so I see not what you trying to paint .
Re: Medical Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Wednesday by phantom(m): 4:01pm On Dec 16, 2013
Acidosis:

nah BSc
pharmacology
hmm thats nice.i was considering doing a masters in it before i shifted to public health
Re: Medical Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Wednesday by Acidosis(m): 4:01pm On Dec 16, 2013
phantom: my brother understand the arguement.it was made in context to the title 'doctor' .i am a doctor but i can still go ahead and do a masters and phD in physiology for instance IF i am considering LECTURING in physiology.with my basic degree, i cant do that.the initial argument was on the MBBS and its worth as a degree.its a professional doctorate but for me to teach physiology i must have a RESEARCH doctorate in it.

I understand your points, Sir...
Re: Medical Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Wednesday by Nobody: 4:02pm On Dec 16, 2013
Acidosis:

nah BSc
pharmacology
alright! Only few schools offer that, I know of Unilag and Delsu. Nice
Re: Medical Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Wednesday by phantom(m): 4:05pm On Dec 16, 2013
nouveaux:
Wole Soyinka has no PhD when he attained the height of profesorship.
And, world over, you dont need a PhD to be a professor, so I see not what you trying to paint .
how can you say this? Most people who are awarded professorships are phD holders.beyond that it can also be awarded in an honorary fashion which i suspect is what they gave wole
Re: Medical Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Wednesday by Acidosis(m): 4:05pm On Dec 16, 2013
phantom: hmm thats nice.i was considering doing a masters in it before i shifted to public health

Public health is cool..

Msc Public health is hot cake in our era...
Re: Medical Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Wednesday by Nobody: 4:12pm On Dec 16, 2013
phantom: hmm thats nice.i was considering doing a masters in it before i shifted to public health
In as much as i don't agree with your views. I respect you and respect the way you argue. You are not like the area boy doctors that invaded nairaland during the fashola /lagos doctors saga.
Re: Medical Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Wednesday by Acidosis(m): 4:12pm On Dec 16, 2013
nouveaux:
alright! Only few schools offer that, I know of Unilag and Delsu. Nice
smiley Yea, and Madonna (Private)..
Re: Medical Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Wednesday by phantom(m): 4:13pm On Dec 16, 2013
Acidosis:

Public health is cool..

Msc Public health is hot cake in our era...
but its expensive.the financial burden is crazy so i decided to put it on hold.when i am done with residency, may consider it.
Re: Medical Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Wednesday by phantom(m): 4:15pm On Dec 16, 2013
saxywale:
In as much as i don't agree with your views. I respect you and respect the way you argue. You are not like the area boys doctor that invaded nairaland during the fashola /lagos doctors saga.
ah! Sir not true o! I can be nasty o! I ve had moments on this forum i m not to proud of but thanks for the compliment sir.cheers!
Re: Medical Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Wednesday by stitcheD(m): 4:16pm On Dec 16, 2013
revolt: truth be told, these ASUU nma etc are greedy people.
if their strike would affect, the aristocrats, I'd understand.
lecturers have kept our children at home for 6months, not minding they're destroying phrase future generation, if they'd experienced these sort of strikes during their school days, I'm sure most of them wouldnt be lecturers. now these doctors have private hospitals,(which is the sole reason our medical sector is camatose ), they'd prefer to nurture these capitalist ventures to the detriment of the govt hospitals. I've read somewhere that not everybody with good grades in US , can study medicine, Cos they go through a series of psychological tests, to know if they're psychological built for medical profession. medicine isn't capitalism or profit making, it's philanthropy. irrespective of the fact that renumeration could Foster motivation, this discipline isn't a profit venture, same with education.
it's immoral and irresponsible for doctors to say they're not working Cos they want a raise. so let the people die.
so in a conflict situation, these guys can't operate, ie war or crises, they'd probably be asking for raise then.

I've come to realise why the blackman never invents or improves on anything, his values are warped.
These doctors even with their good paypackages hardly research or improve in medical practices, (if not explain to me why people travel to poor India to get better services @ far Cheaper rates). All they want is money, money.

Beastly human beings
CLOWN
Doctor no be the same market im dey go with you? His job now is philanthropy. Have you ever heard of NGO? And you are comparing India to Nigeria? SMDH

3 Likes

Re: Medical Doctors Begin Nationwide Strike Wednesday by Nobody: 4:26pm On Dec 16, 2013
And so help us God! Why now? Why the same niger state? Why GEJ? Why solve over 50 years problems in one day? GEJ 2015?

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Help With Cost Of Fibroid Surgery / Over 1million Get Sexually Transmitted Infections Daily –WHO / Photos|video: Morbidly Obese Man Sheds 29st With The Help Of A Low Calorie Diet!

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 51
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.