Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,583 members, 7,878,645 topics. Date: Tuesday, 02 July 2024 at 11:55 PM

North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? - Politics - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? (2695 Views)

An Online Vote For Southerners Support For Biafra / CORRUPTION: Why Tinubu And Atiku Did Not Follow PMB To The Us / Do Non - Southerners Support Gej? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by Donmams(m): 7:13am On Dec 21, 2013
It is becoming increasingly clear to me that southerners do not love this country. Over the past three election circles, the north has consistently supported and voted for Buhari, a man who most northerners know full well, is not a thief and not corrupt. The north has supported buhari since 2003 because we know that he will stop corruption which is the only issue stopping nigeria from attaining greatness. Mind you, we have had many presidential aspirants which include atiku abubakar, nuhu ribadu, sarah jibril, abubakar rimi etc yet we in the north have constantly supported buhari because of his experience and track record of public service which is without blemish.
However, the southern part of this country has refused to support somebody of the reputation of buhari. The south has constantly supported only corrupt politicians for this country's presidency which is why we are saddled with a monumentally corrupt president in power today. Is this the kind of leadership southerners want? Must southerners support a corrupt candidate for the presidency? Why can't the south give nigeria a presidential candidate in the mould of buhari? That way whoever wins at least nigeria does not lose? Do southerners really love this country? Why are southerners still in support of jonathan despite his monumental failures? Why can't the south replace jonathan with someone better? As far as the north is concerned it is not a must for buhari to be president but let the south give us a credible alternative please.
Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by edo3(m): 7:19am On Dec 21, 2013
Because na their broda...

2 Likes

Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by PointB: 7:21am On Dec 21, 2013
"Abacha was never corrupt"- Buhari

That pretty much sums it up.

24 Likes

Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by Xfactoria: 7:26am On Dec 21, 2013
@OP:

Since when did corruption become a yardstick for the north? Hypocrites!

You hate GEJ because your people have been brainwashed to think that they would die of hunger if a northerner is not in power.

10 Likes

Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by Nobody: 7:32am On Dec 21, 2013
OP....

There is nothing like southerners .....we have Westerners...Easterners and SS people

2 Likes

Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by owobokiri(m): 7:38am On Dec 21, 2013
Thats right. . . And the Chinese hate Africans for eating too much noodles.

7 Likes

Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by Mogten(m): 7:46am On Dec 21, 2013
S.tupid OP. Since when did you become a spokesperson to the North? I.D.I.O.T!!!

2 Likes

Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by Donmams(m): 7:47am On Dec 21, 2013
PointB: "Abacha was never corrupt"- Buhari

That pretty much sums it up.
Read my post again. This is not about Buhari. This is about having a man of integrity at the helm of affairs in this country. Northerners would love to see this country become great. That is why we put buhari forward. Whatever his weaknesses are he is still human. But what has the south provided? A terribly corrupt GEJ. Surely the south can give us someone better for 2015?
Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by Donmams(m): 7:50am On Dec 21, 2013
ilugunboy: OP....

There is nothing like southerners .....we have Westerners...Easterners and SS people
That is not correct. As long as it comes down to presidential elections, all southerners, whether east west or south vote along th same line.
Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by Nobody: 7:56am On Dec 21, 2013
It is becoming increasingly clear to me that southerners do not love this country.

Quick question sir: was there anybody that liked this country?

Btwn buhari is been voted mostly by ppl of that region because bunch of illiterate fanactics upthere wants a person of there religion as the president ...

Pls spare us that bias of not been corrupt smh

1 Like

Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by Adamskuty(m): 8:01am On Dec 21, 2013
Booked!

Funny how the same southeasterners and south/south supported yar'adua over buhari in 2007,why is this so?

Why do they so much prefer corrupt politicians to the good ones?

I tell you if pdp present a northerner as their presidential flap bearer ,these south/east and south/south will support him over buhari grin later they will be the first to start complaining of poverty,lack of development,corruption e.t.c grin funny eeh

2 Likes

Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by fiizznation: 8:09am On Dec 21, 2013
As a northerner, The only southerner I ll ever vote for in a presidential election will be.....

The former governor of cross-rivers state, that's in d person of mr donald duke. I dnt knw much abt him though, but I hav dis feeling dat he ll do beta than any buhari• Maybe I might Vote fashola too.

Aside frm these too. All d other politicians in d south r plain corrupt and clueless•
No matter how upright an igbo person is, infact even he is jesus christ himself. I LL NEVER VOTE 4 A IGBO PERSON for d seat of d presidency•.

Never•

7 Likes

Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by Donmams(m): 8:24am On Dec 21, 2013
Adamskuty: Booked!

Funny how the same southeasterners and south/south supported yar'adua over buhari in 2007,why is this so?

Why do they so much prefer corrupt politicians to the good ones?

I tell you if pdp present a northerner as their presidential flap bearer ,these south/east and south/south will support him over buhari grin later they will be the first to start complaining of poverty,lack of development,corruption e.t.c grin funny eeh
Quite funny i tell you. And yet they say northerners are the ones impeding the progress of this nation. We may have had northern military rulers. Some were good some were corrupt but we never voted for them to be in power. Yet the only credible candidate the northern people have provided in an election has been rejected by the south for alternatives like the totally corrupt GEJ. So who is really holding Nigeria back?
Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by Chessic: 8:30am On Dec 21, 2013
Donmams:
Quite funny i tell you. And yet they say northerners are the ones impeding the progress of this nation. We may have had northern military rulers. Some were good some were corrupt but we never voted for them to be in power. Yet the only credible candidate the northern people have provided in an election has been rejected by the south for alternatives like the totally corrupt GEJ. So who is really holding Nigeria back?
Your question is very apt. You can imagine a guy just opened a thread predicting the states GEJ is likely to win or lose in 2015. By the guys own admission, GEJ is likely to win 90% in the entire SS/SE (as if those figures are normal for an election). If this is not southerners condoning corruption and incompetence, someone should please tell me what is.
Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by Nobody: 8:44am On Dec 21, 2013
Chessic:
Your question is very apt. You can imagine a guy just opened a thread predicting the states GEJ is likely to win or lose in 2015. By the guys own admission, GEJ is likely to win 90% in the entire SS/SE (as if those figures are normal for an election). If this is not southerners condoning corruption and incompetence, someone should please tell me what is.

True i told him. No plitician has ever won as high as 90% anywhere in Nigeria. Even in Bayelsa state jonathan cannot win more than 65%. The are just a bunch of sentimental idiots!

1 Like

Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by IbroYaya: 8:49am On Dec 21, 2013
Because the Northerners that hate him are actually the corrupt ones. The so called southerners that support him are just standing on integrity. Period!

1 Like

Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by Donmams(m): 8:58am On Dec 21, 2013
Akinmail:

True i told him. No plitician has ever won as high as 90% anywhere in Nigeria. Even in Bayelsa state jonathan cannot win more than 65%. The are just a bunch of sentimental idiots!
Actually it is only in Southern Nigeria that election turnouts reach 90%. Nowhere in the world can you find such outrageous figures. I just hope the south can give us a better candidate than a clueless GEJ
Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by Nobody: 9:00am On Dec 21, 2013
I agree that some of the northern elites HATE GEj but I disagree with the reason. The reason they HATE GEJ is simply because he is not hausa-fulani muslim. QED.

10 Likes

Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by Nobody: 9:05am On Dec 21, 2013
Donmams:
That is not correct. As long as it comes down to presidential elections, all southerners, whether east west or south vote along th same line.

Just like an average person in Nigeria that is not from the North understands very little about the make up of people in the North....you are here equally expressing the same ignorance about the people that make up the South of Nigeria.
Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by Nobody: 9:06am On Dec 21, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I agree that some of the northern elites HATE GEj but I disagree with the reason. The reason they HATE GEJ is simply because he is not hausa-fulani moslem. QED.

Can you tell me the reason why South-east hates Buhari? Isn't it beacause of his religion?

1 Like

Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by Nobody: 9:15am On Dec 21, 2013
Akinmail:

Can you tell me the reason why South-east hates Buhari? Isn't it beacause of his religion?

Absolutely no doubt.....it's the phobia for Islam.

1 Like

Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by Donmams(m): 9:16am On Dec 21, 2013
Sincere 9gerian: I agree that some of the northern elites HATE GEj but I disagree with the reason. The reason they HATE GEJ is simply because he is not hausa-fulani moslem. QED.
And yet GEJ won the primaries in the north by a landslide? My friend look for a better excuse.
Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by Nobody: 9:20am On Dec 21, 2013
These threads are becoming redundant, everyone is aware of all the perceptions already: we (anyone who's pro GEJ) support him for his transformation agenda, and believe you ( anyone who's opposed to GEJ) do not support him because he's not your "brother". You are opposed to GEJ because you believe he's corrupt and think we support GEJ because he is our "brother". we are using "brother" rather loosely since he's Ijaw after all. Let's just leave it alone, because when tribalism is introduced there can't be reasonable discourse. We've got to agree that we disagree on this issue.

1 Like

Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by Donmams(m): 9:20am On Dec 21, 2013
ilugunboy:

Just like an average person in Nigeria that is not from the North understands very little about the make up of people in the North....you are here equally expressing the same ignorance about the people that make up the South of Nigeria.
I only mentioned facts and you accuse me of ignorance? The entire south voted for GEJ in 2011, Yaradua in 2007 and OBJ in 2003. So what wrong did i commit when i said the south votes along the same line in every presidential election?

2 Likes

Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by Donmams(m): 9:30am On Dec 21, 2013
Raggedy_Ann: These threads are becoming redundant, everyone is aware of all the perceptions already: we (anyone who's pro GEJ) support him for his transformation agenda, and believe you ( anyone who's opposed to GEJ) do not support him because he's not your "brother". You are opposed to GEJ because you believe he's corrupt and think we support GEJ because he is our "brother". we are using "brother" rather loosely since he's Ijaw after all. Let's just leave it alone, because when tribalism is introduced there can't be reasonable discourse. We've got to agree that we disagree on this issue.

But alas election figures prove your theory wrong. In the 2011 elections, Jonathan got 25% or more in all northern states except 4 states(he got 20% in these 4 states). In fact jonathan got 8 million votes in the north. In the entire south Buhari did not get 1 million votes. So tell me, who really hates who? If we really hated GEJ for not being our brother how did he manage 8 million votes? Thats 35% of the total votes GEJ had in 2011. Buhari's southern votes were just 8% of the total he got. So how can you claim that the north hates GEJ for not being our brother? Based on this evidence can you tell me who actually hates who?
Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by Psylas(m): 9:39am On Dec 21, 2013
Akinmail:

was Yar'adua a christian or jew? But SS loved him,
Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by Nobody: 9:49am On Dec 21, 2013
owobokiri: Thats right. . . And the Chinese hate Africans for eating too much noodles.

cheesy cheesy grin grin grin
Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by Nobody: 9:52am On Dec 21, 2013
Northerners hate him for corruption?, then by now Northerners should have murdered IBB, ATIKU, Abacha's family, abdulsalem, Shagari and Hell-Rufai

6 Likes

Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by lacasa: 9:54am On Dec 21, 2013
Op's raised a BIG point u knw

Southerners going by stats are akin to mediocre politicians

# True! sad
Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by Gamji007: 10:18am On Dec 21, 2013

Haba bross, but OBJ isn't hausa/fulani nor a Muslim but the North loved and voted for him before he showed his true colour.

Abiola wasn't Hausa/Fulani, but the north chose him against Bashir Tofa, hausa/fulani from Kano state.

Why are southerners never fair to the North?
Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by trillville(m): 10:22am On Dec 21, 2013
CHESSBOARD: Northerners hate him for corruption?, then by now Northerners should have murdered IBB, ATIKU, Abacha's family, abdulsalem, Shagari and Hell-Rufai

The north did not vote in IBB, ABDULSALAM, ABACHA, EL-RUFIA or ATIKU, only shagari was supported by the north and when he was corrupt, IBB overthrew him and made Buhari president. That is, One northerner overthrowing another northerner because of corruption.

1 Like

Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by Nobody: 11:08am On Dec 21, 2013
Donmams:
And yet GEJ won the primaries in the north by a landslide? My friend look for a better excuse.
You'v forgotten about northern consensus candidate?

Meanwhile, I said "some northern elites"

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Hyundai's Made-in-nigeria Vehicles Go On Sale / Don’t Expect Miracles When I Tackle Boko Haram – Buhari Tells Nigerians / Fashola's Writes Letter Of Commendation To Ambode (pic)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.