Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,170,590 members, 7,878,689 topics. Date: Wednesday, 03 July 2024 at 02:26 AM

North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? - Politics (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? (2696 Views)

An Online Vote For Southerners Support For Biafra / CORRUPTION: Why Tinubu And Atiku Did Not Follow PMB To The Us / Do Non - Southerners Support Gej? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by Nobody: 11:20am On Dec 21, 2013
Gamji007:

Haba bross, but OBJ isn't hausa/fulani nor a Muslim but the North loved and voted for him before he showed his true colour.

Abiola wasn't Hausa/Fulani, but the north chose him against Bashir Tofa, hausa/fulani from Kano state.

Why are southerners never fair to the North?
How did Yar Adua become president if "southerners are never fair to the north"? Was Yar Adua elected only by northerners?

If GEJ was a hausa-fulani today, and with the level of performance we've seen or even in the absence of performance, he would still have support from the south. The southern governors would never have left the ruling party to join an opposition party just to unseat a sitting govt. The south would never have created Boko Haram to frustrate GEJ if he were a northerner. And so on and so forth. The south is very tolerable of other ethnic or religious groups and less dependent on govt or politics for survival.

2 Likes

Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by Mightymanna(m): 11:25am On Dec 21, 2013
Buhari will surely fight curruption thats why we northern masses are pushing him forward,the few northern elite who denied us education loot our wealth and stap us with illitracy,becouse they dont want us to ask them questions about our wealth are the ones opposing buhari with the help of southern media which have already blackmail him.but for those who love nigeria buhari is the messiah that we denied hence the northern elite will continue to push thier selfish candidates which you southerners massively vote and at the end of the day we are the ones to suffer

1 Like

Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by Nobody: 11:26am On Dec 21, 2013
trillville:

The north did not vote in IBB, ABDULSALAM, ABACHA, EL-RUFIA or ATIKU, only shagari was supported by the north and when he was corrupt, IBB overthrew him and made Buhari president. That is, One northerner overthrowing another northerner because of corruption.

Go and tell that to the dogs. Buhari over threw Shagari simply to satisfy personal lust for political power. If you talk in terms of corruption, who is richer today between Shagari and Buhari? How did Buhari get all the funds he waste on elections every 4 years? Buhari is a smooth criminal.

4 Likes

Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by Olugbenger(m): 11:28am On Dec 21, 2013
grin
Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by russellino: 11:44am On Dec 21, 2013
ilugunboy:

Absolutely no doubt.....it's the phobia for Islam.

Nonsense! Didn't MKO and Yar Adua win by landslide victories in the south

Southerners have been wary of fundamentalists since Yerima and his political sharia.
Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by Nobody: 11:53am On Dec 21, 2013
russellino:

Nonsense! Didn't MKO and Yar Adua win by landslide victories in the south

Southerners have been wary of fundamentalists since Yerima and his political sharia.

No....it's the perception that MKO is not your exact definition of fanaticism in the mold you perceived GMB....
Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by Nobody: 12:08pm On Dec 21, 2013
We will support any patriotic candidate Gej loves corruption.tribalism(our son) he has no vision nor miSsion
Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by citizenY(m): 12:23pm On Dec 21, 2013
Donmams:
Actually it is only in Southern Nigeria that election turnouts reach 90%. Nowhere in the world can you find such outrageous figures. I just hope the south can give us a better candidate than a clueless GEJ

Hmmmmn... like the figures we saw ... have a close look at Amambra. The election figures represent the actual voting population. Apart from bloated figures, they did not add up. There are no votes anywhere..they do not exist. Thats rigging for you...
Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by 740megawatts: 12:23pm On Dec 21, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
Go and tell that to the dogs. Buhari over threw Shagari simply to satisfy personal lust for political power. If you talk in terms of corruption, who is richer today between Shagari and Buhari? How did Buhari get all the funds he waste on elections every 4 years? Buhari is a smooth criminal.

Dude, I think you might wanna re-read your history books again on the bolded. The information we have is that Buhari was 'given' power by the coup plotters, just like Gen. Ironsi of 1966 coup. On the main topic of the thread, I have nothing to contribute; I'd rather remain passive.

5 Likes

Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by fiizznation: 12:32pm On Dec 21, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
where u dere when he over-threw shagari? Buhari was called up by the coup plotters to take d responsibity of d head of state bcuz he was d senoir officer then. IBB and co did the coup.. Mehn u r a smooth liar

4 Likes

Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by Nobody: 12:33pm On Dec 21, 2013
Donmams:
But alas election figures prove your theory wrong. In the 2011 elections, Jonathan got 25% or more in all northern states except 4 states(he got 20% in these 4 states). In fact jonathan got 8 million votes in the north. In the entire south Buhari did not get 1 million votes. So tell me, who really hates who? If we really hated GEJ for not being our brother how did he manage 8 million votes? Thats 35% of the total votes GEJ had in 2011. Buhari's southern votes were just 8% of the total he got. So how can you claim that the north hates GEJ for not being our brother? Based on this evidence can you tell me who actually hates who?

It's not a theory. If I asked you now why you hate GEJ (going by your title o. Personally I prefer "oppose"wink you would probably say: because he is corrupt. And if I asked you why you think I support him ( despite being from the SE) you would tell me it's because I am tribalistic. I stand to be corrected.

In the same vein, if you asked me (instead of going by your own assumptions) why I support GEJ, I would tell you I support him for the transformations I have SEEN and subscribe to ( improvement in power, privatization of refineries so that they can be revived to function at optimum capacity, no fuel scarcity, empowerment of the youth with the YouWin initiative, efforts to diversify the economy with increased exports of agricultural produce, efforts to increase investment in Nigeria by foreign industrialists, besides the many civil works in progress). I see change and for me the good outweighs the bad, corruption has never been absent from the Nigeria I know but we will get there eventually ( that's why the noise of the opposition is welcome). And my assumptions, like yours, are that you do not share my observations of this administration because you are blinded by tribal sentiments even though you've given corruption to be your reason.

I am probably as wrong in my assumptions about you as you are about me. You have already cited the election figures of 2011 as proof that you didn't show sentiment then and wouldn't now either. I could also try to convince you that I'm not riding on tribal sentiments, especially since I voted for Buhari for 2011 because I didn't have faith in someone like GEJ but he has exceeded my expectations by a long shot. In the end, we will still believe what we want of each other. You will try to convince me that I am tribalistic and I will try to convince you that you are tribalistic; And what ensues is nasty altercation. Why bother?

It's not a theory, it's just what is.

5 Likes

Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by Gamji007: 12:45pm On Dec 21, 2013
Sincere 9gerian:
How did Yar Adua become president if "southerners are never fair to the north"? Was Yar Adua elected only by northerners?

If GEJ was a hausa-fulani today, and with the level of performance we've seen or even in the absence of performance, he would still have support from the south. The southern governors would never have left the ruling party to join an opposition party just to unseat a sitting govt. The south would never have created Boko Haram to frustrate GEJ if he were a northerner. And so on and so forth. The south is very tolerable of other ethnic or religious groups and less dependent on govt or politics for survival.

The south voted Yar'adua because they had no choice. I believe if a strong opposition had produced a southerner as presidential candidate, the south wouldn't have voted for Yar'adua.
May I also remind you that Boko haram started during Yar'adua, whom he crushed like insects.

Nigeria has never felt divided as a country untill now, thanks to the ethnic and religious bigotry of GEJ and his SS/SE team.

1 Like

Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by DerideGull(m): 12:55pm On Dec 21, 2013
Donmams: It is becoming increasingly clear to me that southerners do not love this country. Over the past three election circles, the north has consistently supported and voted for Buhari, a man who most northerners know full well, is not a thief and not corrupt. The north has supported buhari since 2003 because we know that he will stop corruption which is the only issue stopping nigeria from attaining greatness. Mind you, we have had many presidential aspirants which include atiku abubakar, nuhu ribadu, sarah jibril, abubakar rimi etc yet we in the north have constantly supported buhari because of his experience and track record of public service which is without blemish.
However, the southern part of this country has refused to support somebody of the reputation of buhari. The south has constantly supported only corrupt politicians for this country's presidency which is why we are saddled with a monumentally corrupt president in power today. Is this the kind of leadership southerners want? Must southerners support a corrupt candidate for the presidency? Why can't the south give nigeria a presidential candidate in the mould of buhari? That way whoever wins at least nigeria does not lose? Do southerners really love this country? Why are southerners still in support of jonathan despite his monumental failures? Why can't the south replace jonathan with someone better? As far as the north is concerned it is not a must for buhari to be president but let the south give us a credible alternative please.

All forms of corruptions were manifested in Nigerian society about 1961 by the politicians from Northern region of Nigeria. Most Nigerian army officers and politicians of northern region’s origin were products of corruption.

It was unbearable spates of corruptible practices by the goons from northern region of Nigeria that ignited January 15, 1966 coup. Knowing fully well the plotters were serious about corruption, the countercoup was precipitated in order to entrench such despicable practice in the minds of all Nigerians.

However in order to hide their intentions so that gullible Nigerians shall be fooled, the main objective of January coup was turned into tribal manifestation by Gowon, Usman and Yusuf. I have always laughed my head off when goons of today make silly noises about corruption. The corruption as we all know it today came to Nigeria in 1961 and had produced agents such as Gowon, Maimalari, Murtala Mohammed, IBB, Abacha, Buhari, Nuhu Ribadu, Atiku Abubakar, Ibrahim Haruna, Abdulsalami Abubakar, Joe Garba, Usman Yar Adua, Theophilus Danjuma, etc.

2 Likes

Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by Nobody: 1:17pm On Dec 21, 2013
North verses South!
Hahahahahahahahahaha!

Emm, Ebuka!
Please, come and sing our National amthem for me.

"All hail Biafra......."

i don't know when these "one" Nigerian die hards will understand that just like kerosine and water can never mix, the Jihardists in the North and the peace loving people of the East cannot belong to one country.

For now, let them continue to delude themselves that the problem is Jonatham!
Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by Abariwiseman: 1:47pm On Dec 21, 2013
we are afraid of buhari because of the bokoharamism in him, we don't want babbons and monkey to be soak in their blood.
moreover, pls. ask buhari how many roads he constructed in the south as PTF chairman
Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by Onlytruth(m): 1:53pm On Dec 21, 2013
OP weren't you the same guy threatening violence against SS/SE should Jonathan return elected in 2015?
Why not wait till then to carry out your REAL intentions rather than boring us with sanctimonious crap here?

BTW I really don't think you are from the North. lipsrsealed

2 Likes

Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by duni04(m): 1:55pm On Dec 21, 2013
shocked shocked shocked Ar u kidding me? North hates GEJ for corruption or cos they believe its their turn? Northerners that are the kings of corruption. Its not that southerners like Jonathan, they're just irritated by the fact that the people up north believe Aso rock is theirs and jonathan is their only means of expressing this irritation.

2 Likes

Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by Jman06(m): 2:17pm On Dec 21, 2013
Akinmail:

Can you tell me the reason why South-east hates Buhari? Isn't it beacause of his religion?
Southeast does not hate buhari because of his religion but his extremism about it. Many people including myself dislike him because of his desperation to rule Nigeria despite not doing anything to better the lots of the country when he had the opportunity as military head of state. I laugh when i hear some people say that Buhari is not corrupt. If he is not corrupt,how come he is so rich to afford all the monies he wasted during 2003, 2007, and 2011 presidential elections? Has any probe been carried out to unravel the source of his money? How many retired army generals in the US can measure upto buhari's present financial status? The truth is that buhari's anti corruption stance during his military regime was just a facade created to decieve gullible Nigerians and make them believe he was upright whilst he and his cohorts were looting the nation's treasury dry.
Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by Donmams(m): 2:45pm On Dec 21, 2013
duni04: shocked shocked shocked Ar u kidding me? North hates GEJ for corruption or cos they believe its their turn? Northerners that are the kings of corruption. Its not that southerners like Jonathan, they're just irritated by the fact that the people up north believe Aso rock is theirs and jonathan is their only means of expressing this irritation.
So what you are saying is that the south votes for corrupt southern politicians because to spite the north. How beautiful.
Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by albiol: 3:01pm On Dec 21, 2013
Y'all talking as if there wasn't rigging in any of these elections since 1999, 20 per cent this 90 per cent that. Even ya'adua confirmed that the election that brought him in was flawed so whats all the fuss about.
Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by Donmams(m): 3:02pm On Dec 21, 2013
Raggedy_Ann:

It's not a theory. If I asked you now why you hate GEJ (going by your title o. Personally I prefer "oppose"wink you would probably say: because he is corrupt. And if I asked you why you think I support him ( despite being from the SE) you would tell me it's because I am tribalistic. I stand to be corrected.

In the same vein, if you asked me (instead of going by your own assumptions) why I support GEJ, I would tell you I support him for the transformations I have SEEN and subscribe to ( improvement in power, privatization of refineries so that they can be revived to function at optimum capacity, no fuel scarcity, empowerment of the youth with the YouWin initiative, efforts to diversify the economy with increased exports of agricultural produce, efforts to increase investment in Nigeria by foreign industrialists, besides the many civil works in progress). I see change and for me the good outweighs the bad, corruption has never been absent from the Nigeria I know but we will get there eventually ( that's why the noise of the opposition is welcome). And my assumptions, like yours, are that you do not share my observations of this administration because you are blinded by tribal sentiments even though you've given corruption to be your reason.

I am probably as wrong in my assumptions about you as you are about me. You have already cited the election figures of 2011 as proof that you didn't show sentiment then and wouldn't now either. I could also try to convince you that I'm not riding on tribal sentiments, especially since I voted for Buhari for 2011 because I didn't have faith in someone like GEJ but he has exceeded my expectations by a long shot. In the end, we will still believe what we want of each other. You will try to convince me that I am tribalistic and I will try to convince you that you are tribalistic; And what ensues is nasty altercation. Why bother?

It's not a theory, it's just what is.
So you can actually see progress isn't it? How much progress did you see when GEJ hiked petroleum prices to remove a phantom subsidy? Did you feel progress when the oil cabal stole 2 trillion naira in fraudulent subsidy claims? Did you feel progress when foreign agencies revealed nigeria is the worst place to be born in 2013? Did you feel progress when GEJ exonerated MEND for the Abuja bombing? Did you feel progress when GEJ's mama donated hostels worth hundreds of millions to her hometown university? Did you feel progress when GEJ took over National Maritime security from the Navy and handed it over to a militant? Is that your idea of progress? No matter how hard you try to make any critic of this administration look like a tribalist the more tribalist you seem.
Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by Donmams(m): 3:07pm On Dec 21, 2013
Abariwiseman: we are afraid of buhari because of the bokoharamism in him, we don't want babbons and monkey to be soak in their blood.
moreover, pls. ask buhari how many roads he constructed in the south as PTF chairman
It's ok you're not comfortable with Buhari. Not everyone will like him. But my question is why should your only alternative be a monumentally corrupt GEJ? Don't you have a better southerner for the job?
Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by DerideGull(m): 3:10pm On Dec 21, 2013
Akinmail:

Can you tell me the reason why South-east hates Buhari? Isn't it beacause of his religion?

He is a murderer who shot and killed his battalion adjutant in cold blood in 1966.

1 Like

Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by Donmams(m): 4:59pm On Dec 21, 2013
DerideGull:

He is a murderer who shot and killed his battalion adjutant in cold blood in 1966.
Hahaha.
Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by Ikengawo: 5:31pm On Dec 21, 2013
[size=15pt]IF NORTHERNERS REJECT CORRUPTION WHY IS YOUR REGION MORE IMPOVERISHED THAN THE NIGER REPUBLIC[/size]
[size=15pt]IF NORTHERNERS REJECT BAD LEADERSHIP WHY DO YOU HAVE THE HIGHEST ILLITERACY AND INFANT MORTALITY RATES IN THE WORLD[/size]

The average northern human being is worth less than the average northern cow the cow can at least guarantee a good Christmas. The North and it's 'leaderhip' has contributed nothing to it's self, nothing to the nation, and nothing to humanity except polio, bloodshed, sexism, tribalism, bombings, disgrace, beggars, destitution, barbarism, underachievement and more disease than anyhwere in the world

Good luck Jonathan is saving you from yourself

1 Like

Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by Nobody: 5:35pm On Dec 21, 2013
Donmams:
So you can actually see progress isn't it? How much progress did you see when GEJ hiked petroleum prices to remove a phantom subsidy? Did you feel progress when the oil cabal stole 2 trillion naira in fraudulent subsidy claims? Did you feel progress when foreign agencies revealed nigeria is the worst place to be born in 2013? Did you feel progress when GEJ exonerated MEND for the Abuja bombing? Did you feel progress when GEJ's mama donated hostels worth hundreds of millions to her hometown university? Did you feel progress when GEJ took over National Maritime security from the Navy and handed it over to a militant? Is that your idea of progress? No matter how hard you try to make any critic of this administration look like a tribalist the more tribalist you seem.

This reaction of yours is exactly what I was referring to: I gave you my list of posItIves, you've given me yours of negatives and tribalism has been blamed for our inability to convince each other. Let's just leave it alone, it's not a bad thing to sit on opposite sides of the fence.
Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by anulaxad(m): 5:58pm On Dec 21, 2013
Donmams: It is becoming increasingly clear to me that southerners do not love this country. Over the past three election circles, the north has consistently supported and voted for Buhari, a man who most northerners know full well, is not a thief and not corrupt. The north has supported buhari since 2003 because we know that he will stop corruption which is the only issue stopping nigeria from attaining greatness. Mind you, we have had many presidential aspirants which include atiku abubakar, nuhu ribadu, sarah jibril, abubakar rimi etc yet we in the north have constantly supported buhari because of his experience and track record of public service which is without blemish.
However, the southern part of this country has refused to support somebody of the reputation of buhari. The south has constantly supported only corrupt politicians for this country's presidency which is why we are saddled with a monumentally corrupt president in power today. Is this the kind of leadership southerners want? Must southerners support a corrupt candidate for the presidency? Why can't the south give nigeria a presidential candidate in the mould of buhari? That way whoever wins at least nigeria does not lose? Do southerners really love this country? Why are southerners still in support of jonathan despite his monumental failures? Why can't the south replace jonathan with someone better? As far as the north is concerned it is not a must for buhari to be president but let the south give us a credible alternative please.

Because Nigerians are to gullible and selfish,let's not forget ignorant. Rich country yet utter poverty. Why because our people are selfish bastards. l
Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by anulaxad(m): 5:58pm On Dec 21, 2013

Let's see who our people vote for in 2015.
Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by Oshodia: 6:06pm On Dec 21, 2013
Please people should stop about this nonsense call south south, when did this started? We have eastern region not south east or south south abegi
Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by Oshodia: 6:15pm On Dec 21, 2013
Please people should stop this call south south or south east , this is stratigy of obasanjo to divide eastern region in other to put confusion in the region, why did he refuse to do the same in Yoruba land? Jonathan knew and he is elder man to know obasanjo's stratigy and that was where the problem of obasanjo and Jonathan started by uniting the eastern region together in his administration
Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by jamace(m): 6:17pm On Dec 21, 2013
If you think GEJ is corrupt then what do you say about OBJ? The answer is here: https://www.nairaland.com/1564411/obasanjo-forced-me-pay-god#20377799
grin grin grin
Re: North Hates GEJ For Corruption, Why Do Southerners Support Him? by atlwireles: 6:36pm On Dec 21, 2013

If the north was less corrupt, the development indicators will reflect that fact. The level of poverty spread across the NE/NW is the answer to the most corrupt people in Nigeria. Show me the saints from the north since 1999 till date.

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

10 Things That Sound Too Crazy To Be True / Hyundai's Made-in-nigeria Vehicles Go On Sale / Ebola Hoax: Why Are Mr Sawyer's Wife & Kids Not Infected?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.