Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,171,734 members, 7,882,547 topics. Date: Sunday, 07 July 2024 at 08:23 AM

Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament - Religion (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament (6784 Views)

Is "God" Of The Old Testament Satan? / Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God / The Anti Christ Is Tb Joshua Pls Beware (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by ajayikayod: 10:56pm On Dec 23, 2013
MEILYN: You are very wrong. Very wrong. Am not a student of the word. It didnt take Prophets of old, Paul e.t.c 5years to study and understand scriptures.

U ve not answer d most important questn i asked. Did u pray at all in ur study? Dts key for me to enter into a discussion wit u.
Also i wonder u sayin u ar not a student of d word, so pls wat ar u? Rabbi?
Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by andico34: 11:03pm On Dec 23, 2013
MEILYN: "For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him;" (Hebrews 7:1).<<< Now lets get this story from the old testament and see what really happened between Abraham and Melchizedec

"And the king of Sodom went out to meet him after his return from the slaughter of Chedorlaomer, and of the kings that were with him, at the valley of Shaveh, which is the king’s dale. And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God." (Genesis 14:17-18).
"And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth: And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all." (Genesis 14:19-20)
.<< Now, when Abraham saw Melchizedec he was very happy, he rejoiced and Melchizedec blessed Abraham. Now lets goto that Hebrews and complete that verse.

"To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;" (Hebrews 7:2).<<< He was the king of righteousness and of peace, now who is that?

"Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually." (Hebrews 7:3).<< Melchizedec had no father or mother or decent, Melchizedec had no beginning of days or end of life but He was made like unto Christ, he just popped out of no where, he abideth a Priest continually, a priest of the most high God.

Now lets see how Melchizedec is Christ without wasting time.

"Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?" (John 8:53).<< the Pharisees came asking Christ, they came asking if Christ is greater than Abraham.

"They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham’s children, ye would do the works of Abraham. " (John 8:39).
"But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham. " (John 8:40).
<< now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, this did not Abraham, wow, Abraham did not try to kill Christ? Where the hell did Christ and Abraham meet?

"Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad. " (John 8:56).<< Abraham rejoiced to see the day of Christ? Wait a minute, dont try to tell me these things happened in the Spirit world because they where talking about earthly things. What did Abraham do when he saw Melchizedec? He rejoiced to see Melchizedec.

"Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?" (John 8:57).<< The jews were shocked and they asked Christ the same question am asking, you are not up to 50years old and you said you have seen Abraham? How is that even possible?

"Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. " (John 8:58).<< wow, now you see Christ was Melchizedec, Christ is a priest, so was Melchizedec. Melchizedec has no beginning or end, so was Christ. Melchizedec king of Righteousness and Peace.
brother flesh and blood has not revealed this to you but the HOLY SPIRIT

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by MEILYN(m): 11:07pm On Dec 23, 2013
ajayikayod:

U ve not answer d most important questn i asked. Did u pray at all in ur study? Dts key for me to enter into a discussion wit u.
Also i wonder u sayin u ar not a student of d word, so pls wat ar u? Rabbi?
Your question is irrelevant, did i pray about my study? Should i answer that?. I always let the bible speak for itself. Christ is Melchizdec. Do you have any proof he is not? If you do, bring the verse down here. What do you mean by student? I read the bible like they do in school? Am no student, ok i get your point, student of the holy ghost. Yes i am.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by MEILYN(m): 11:10pm On Dec 23, 2013
andico34: brother flesh and blood has not revealed this to you but the HOLY SPIRIT
Bro. For believing this truth. It means you have the holy spirit too. Scriptures says, the wicked wont understand this things. You are not wicked bro grin, that is why you understood it.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by ajayikayod: 11:30pm On Dec 23, 2013
doubleDx:

I find it very difficult to agree with the emboldened part. Okay, let's look at Paul's case when he was called =>

Galatians 1:15-18 (KJV)

But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, to reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood: Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus. Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days.

Nice!

Bro, is MEILYN, Paul? Or is he receiving another gospel or revelation for us? Thr is nothing new in wat he has written, absolutely old issues. My concern is d attitude he, MEILYN has been showing to d word. It shows clearly dt he is looking for "special revelation" to give. If not how will a man come up and say "i hav never seen Melchisedek in NT b4 but after been led by a someone 2kno he claimed to hav then study such in a day to conclude who Melchisedek is. He must hav missed so much of Christians' bible classes/fellowships.

He made it clear to us dt he has not been studying his bible and has never even read/study d d whole bible at least a single time. Even an unserious christian who regularly attends a church would hav heard dt b4.

It amazed me beyond comprehension how MEILYN could claim to hav known dt in a day.

I m not emphasizing on d time limit to comprehension/understandin d scriptures (d Spirit gives dt) but u coming out after a day study to teach ur members/friends on same topic is disastrous and show how desperate he is to say "grin Spirit tot me".

We make bad christians whn we walk such path.

If Paul talked about "another (heteros) gospel", i boldly believ dt thr is also another (heteros) spirit. I dont hav anytin against MEILYN but i hav against his quick claim dt "d spirit revealed to him".

With just one day understanding he carries on ds issue, he is just lik d 2nd receiver of d word described in Matt 13:20-21 (parable of s sower). Rejoicing in new revelation (Word) but doesnt allow root penetration.

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by ajayikayod: 11:30pm On Dec 23, 2013
doubleDx:

I find it very difficult to agree with the emboldened part. Okay, let's look at Paul's case when he was called =>

Galatians 1:15-18 (KJV)

But when it pleased God, who separated me from my mother's womb, and called me by his grace, to reveal his Son in me, that I might preach him among the heathen; immediately I conferred not with flesh and blood: Neither went I up to Jerusalem to them which were apostles before me; but I went into Arabia, and returned again unto Damascus. Then after three years I went up to Jerusalem to see Peter, and abode with him fifteen days.
Nice!
Bro, is MEILYN, Paul? Or is he receiving another gospel or revelation for us? Thr is nothing new in wat he has written, absolutely old issues. My concern is d attitude he, MEILYN has been showing to d word. It shows clearly dt he is looking for "special revelation" to give. If not how will a man come up and say "i hav never seen Melchisedek in NT b4 but after been led by a someone 2kno he claimed to hav then study such in a day to conclude who Melchisedek is. He must hav missed so much of Christians' bible classes/fellowships.

He made it clear to us dt he has not been studying his bible and has never even read/study d d whole bible at least a single time. Even an unserious christian who regularly attends a church would hav heard dt b4.

It amazed me beyond comprehension how MEILYN could claim to hav known dt in a day.

I m not emphasizing on d time limit to comprehension/understandin d scriptures (d Spirit gives dt) but u coming out after a day study to teach ur members/friends on same topic is disastrous and show how desperate he is to say "grin Spirit tot me".

We make bad christians whn we walk such path.

If Paul talked about "another (heteros) gospel", i boldly believ dt thr is also another (heteros) spirit. I dont hav anytin against MEILYN but i hav against his quick claim dt "d spirit revealed to him".

With just one day understanding he carries on ds issue, he is just lik d 2nd receiver of d word described in Matt 13:20-21 (parable of s sower). Rejoicing in new revelation (Word) but doesnt allow root penetration.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by ajayikayod: 11:47pm On Dec 23, 2013
MEILYN: Your question is irrelevant, did i pray about my study? Should i answer that?. I always let the bible speak for itself. Christ is Melchizdec. Do you have any proof he is not? If you do, bring the verse down here. What do you mean by student? I read the bible like they do in school? Am no student, ok i get your point, student of the holy ghost. Yes i am.

U mean askin u if u pray about ur study is irrelevant? Oo boy. I m amazed!!!
I am not here to tell u whether u ar right or wrong on wat u claim/study. I hav serious issues wit u whn u dont even know wat u ar talkin about more than a day. Is dt how u learn? U r tot now, d next minute u go out to tell d world about it? U never heard about Melchisedek in NT till now and u ar evn bragging dt u read d bible alot. Dt is extremely dangerous and ppl lookin up to u on doctrinal and christian issues can b in serious wahala.

Ur comment showed dt thr ar many of d books of d bible u never opened b4 (including Book of Hebrews, till today). U need to start studying and allow d Spirit u claim also to teach u about "patience"

I also mentioned "student of d Word" u said u r not but "student of d Holyghost". Try stop creating confusions for urself, it will help u a lot.
Thanks
Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by MEILYN(m): 11:56pm On Dec 23, 2013
ajayikayod:

U mean askin u if u pray about ur study is irrelevant? Oo boy. I m amazed!!!
I am not here to tell u whether u ar right or wrong on wat u claim/study. I hav serious issues wit u whn u dont even know wat u ar talkin about more than a day. Is dt how u learn? U r tot now, d next minute u go out to tell d world about it? U never heard about Melchisedek in NT till now and u ar evn bragging dt u read d bible alot. Dt is extremely dangerous and ppl lookin up to u on doctrinal and christian issues can b in serious wahala.

Ur comment showed dt thr ar many of d books of d bible u never opened b4 (including Book of Hebrews, till today). U need to start studying and allow d Spirit u claim also to teach u about "patience"

I also mentioned "student of d Word" u said u r not but "student of d Holyghost". Try stop creating confusions for urself, it will help u a lot.
Thanks
oh oh. Bros, stick to the topic okay? I dont wanna get in an argument or whatsoever. If you have any problem with what is written up there, just bring out a scripture to disapprove it okay? Cut the long story short. Or maybe i should give you 15years to find verses that disapprove this. If you dont believe in something, you tell us why and then you correct it. Am waiting.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by ajayikayod: 12:15am On Dec 24, 2013
MEILYN: oh oh. Bros, stick to the topic okay? I dont wanna get in an argument or whatsoever. If you have any problem with what is written up there, just bring out a scripture to disapprove it okay? Cut the long story short.

I cant argue wit u, i m advising u and correcting u and it pays if u take to such rather than call it long story.

I prefer to discuss wit u whn u bcome d "student of d Word" who has done thorough study, prayerfully and wit adequate meditation, and has come to maturity thru patience and discipline in d place of prayer and bible study so dt i can also b edified whether we agree or not.

Your attitude to d Word doesnt show dt and its preventing me from such discussions wit u. I will rather advice u and pray u yield to such so dt u can b a better and patient "student of d Holy ghost". One dt knows d place of prayers, meditations and patience in diligent bible study.

Lik u said, i will lik to cut it short here too.

Stay Blessed.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by mcfynest(m): 6:22am On Dec 24, 2013
good morning everyone, about reincarnation, can someone please explain this verse

John 9:1 And as Jesus passed by, he saw a man which was blind from his birth. 9:2 And his disciples asked him, saying, Master, who did sin, this man, [/b]or his parents, that he was born blind? 9:3 [b]Jesus answered, Neither hath this man sinned, nor his parents: but that the works of God should be made manifest in him.

why would jeses disciples ask whether it was the man that sinned since it was said in chapter 1 that the man was born blind?

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by Nobody: 7:01am On Dec 24, 2013
Goshen360:

You don't need anyone to help you understand the Scriptures a little bit, you need someone to help your confusion the more. Lemme help your confusion the more.

If, according to you, Christ is = Melchizedek. Then, that scripture above should read thus:

Thou, CHRIST art a priest forever after the order of CHRIST

grin
Or you can equally put it this way The Lord said to my Lord sit at my right hand.

You see how you dey shoot yourself for foot abi? Why don't you explain to him who Melchizedek is instead of bastardizing God's word. Smh!

You dey fear because e go cancel your belief about tithe... grin

Merry xmas bro..remember to appreciate God by giving Melchizedek tithes of ALL.. Baba God don bless you..eno easy. cheesy

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by MEILYN(m): 7:05am On Dec 24, 2013
Bidam: Or you can equally put it this way The Lord said to my Lord sit at my right hand.

You see how you dey shoot yourself for foot abi? Why don't you explain to him who Melchizedek is instead of bastardizing God's word. Smh!

You dey fear because e go cancel your belief about tithe... grin

Merry xmas bro..remember to appreciate God by giving Melchizedek tithes of ALL.. Baba God don bless you..eno easy. cheesy
grin grin
Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by MEILYN(m): 7:07am On Dec 24, 2013
ajayikayod:

I cant argue wit u, i m advising u and correcting u and it pays if u take to such rather than call it long story.

I prefer to discuss wit u whn u bcome d "student of d Word" who has done thorough study, prayerfully and wit adequate meditation, and has come to maturity thru patience and discipline in d place of prayer and bible study so dt i can also b edified whether we agree or not.

Your attitude to d Word doesnt show dt and its preventing me from such discussions wit u. I will rather advice u and pray u yield to such so dt u can b a better and patient "student of d Holy ghost". One dt knows d place of prayers, meditations and patience in diligent bible study.

Lik u said, i will lik to cut it short here too.

Stay Blessed.
ok bro, thanks, God bless you bro.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by Nobody: 7:27am On Dec 24, 2013
MEILYN: grin grin
Bro...no mind them..i dey gbadun your revelation, carry on jare..They fail to see that Jesus is the reincarnated Word who became a Son,He never was created, He was begotten,Just like Melchizedek He preexisted His birth.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by MEILYN(m): 7:36am On Dec 24, 2013
Bidam: Bro...no mind them..i dey gbadun your revelation, carry on jare..They fail to see that Jesus is the reincarnated Word who became a Son,He never was created, He was begotten,Just like Melchizedek He preexisted His birth.
I dont know why some Christians argue things they shouldnt argue. Even if you show them from the bible.

Now if Melchizedec isnt Christ, it means there is another Christ or someone like Christ.

Melchizedec=1]King of righteousness and peace.
2] had no beginning or end of life.
3] made like unto Christ.
4]high priest

Please people, is there someone exactly like Christ? If he isnt Christ then he and Christ must be on the same level. Who is melchizedec please? I stand to be corrected, but nobody has given me a reason to discard this...

2 Likes

Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by Kei144(m): 7:47am On Dec 24, 2013
Re. 4:4 Surrounding the throne were twenty-four other thrones, and seated on them were twenty-four elders. They were dressed in white and had crowns of gold on their heads.

Melchizedek is one of the 24 elders of Rev 4:4. These elders are Adams. The first Adam sinned. These other Adams did not sin. Jesus is the last Adam; He carried the responsibility of redeeming the first Adam.

Re. 5:6 Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing in the centre of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. He had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits [Or the sevenfold Spirit] of God sent out into all the earth.
Re. 5:7 He came and took the scroll from the right hand of him who sat on the throne.
Re. 5:8 And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.
Re. 5:9 And they sang a new song: “You are worthy to take the scroll and to open its seals, because you were slain, and with your blood you purchased men for God from every tribe and language and people and nation.
Re. 5:10 You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God, and they will reign on the earth.”

God (Him who sits on the throne--Rev 5:7) exalted Jesus to the highest place (Phillipians 2:9) because of His work of redemption. That is why the 24 elders, who are like Him, should bow to Him.

Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by Gombs(m): 7:49am On Dec 24, 2013
MEILYN: I dont know why some Christians argue things they shouldnt argue. Even if you show them from the bible.

Now if Melchizedec isnt Christ, it means there is another Christ or someone like Christ.

Melchizedec=1]King of righteousness and peace.
2] had no beginning or end of life.
3] made like unto Christ.
4]high priest

Please people, is there someone exactly like Christ? If he isnt Christ then he and Christ must be on the same level. Who is melchizedec please? I stand to be corrected, but nobody has given me a reason to discard this...

Didn't wanna get involved in this, but your above is a worrying thought.

Quick quiz, did Jesus EVER exist as a person in heaven or on earth before he was born by the virgin? The answer is a big NO! Why? Because John 1 said the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us.... this was during John's time, twas not Abraham's time, and this was the only time such was done, and twas solely done to redeem man.

Know this.....Jesus is not melchizedek. If he were, then Hebrews 7 would have lied to us from the fact that it said that a priest would rise up in the same order as melchizedek, meaning these folks were two different folks. Note however, that he was LIKE the Son of God.... if it is not panadol, it can never be panadol.

And Goshen, I'm watching u.... Be careful, u might contradict ur tithing stand with this melchizedek thread.... and I'd redily archive it.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by MEILYN(m): 7:53am On Dec 24, 2013
Kei144: Re. 4:4 Surrounding the throne were twenty-four other thrones, and seated on them were twenty-four elders. They were dressed in white and had crowns of gold on their heads.

Melchizedek is one of the 24 elders of Rev 4:4. These elders are Adams. The first Adam sinned. These other Adams did not sin. Jesus is the last Adam; He carried the responsibility of redeeming the first Adam.

Re. 5:6 Then I saw a Lamb, looking as if it had been slain, standing in the centre of the throne, encircled by the four living creatures and the elders. He had seven horns and seven eyes, which are the seven spirits [Or the sevenfold Spirit] of God sent out into all the earth.
Re. 5:7 He came and took the scroll from the right hand of him who sat on the throne.
Re. 5:8 And when he had taken it, the four living creatures and the twenty-four elders fell down before the Lamb. Each one had a harp and they were holding golden bowls full of incense, which are the prayers of the saints.
Re. 5:9 And they sang a new song: “You are worthy to take the scroll and to open its seals, because you were slain, and with your blood you purchased men for God from every tribe and language and people and nation.
Re. 5:10 You have made them to be a kingdom and priests to serve our God, and they will reign on the earth.”

God (Him who sits on the throne--Rev 5:7) exalted Jesus to the highest place (Phillipians 2:9) because of His work of redemption. That is why the 24 elders, who are like Him, should bow to Him.

bro this has nothing to do with our discussion. Melchizedec is an elder, can you prove this. He has no beginning of days and end of life?

Scripture says Christ will come in the order of Melchizedec. Nothing like elder or bowing down etc
Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by Nobody: 7:55am On Dec 24, 2013
Great! Very correct. Thanks.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by MEILYN(m): 8:00am On Dec 24, 2013
AVRS: Great! Very correct. Thanks.
All praises to Yahawah bro...
Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by Gombs(m): 8:05am On Dec 24, 2013
MEILYN: "For this Melchisedec, king of Salem, priest of the most high God, who met Abraham returning from the slaughter of the kings, and blessed him;" (Hebrews 7:1).<<< Now lets get this story from the old testament and see what really happened between Abraham and Melchizedec

"And the king of Sodom went out to meet him after his return from the slaughter of Chedorlaomer, and of the kings that were with him, at the valley of Shaveh, which is the king’s dale. And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God." (Genesis 14:17-18).
"And he blessed him, and said, Blessed be Abram of the most high God, possessor of heaven and earth: And blessed be the most high God, which hath delivered thine enemies into thy hand. And he gave him tithes of all." (Genesis 14:19-20)
.<< Now, when Abraham saw Melchizedec he was very happy, he rejoiced and Melchizedec blessed Abraham. Now lets goto that Hebrews and complete that verse.

"To whom also Abraham gave a tenth part of all; first being by interpretation King of righteousness, and after that also King of Salem, which is, King of peace;" (Hebrews 7:2).<<< He was the king of righteousness and of peace, now who is that?

"Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually." (Hebrews 7:3).<< Melchizedec had no father or mother or decent, Melchizedec had no beginning of days or end of life but He was made like unto Christ, he just popped out of no where, he abideth a Priest continually, a priest of the most high God.

Now lets see how Melchizedec is Christ without wasting time.

"Art thou greater than our father Abraham, which is dead? and the prophets are dead: whom makest thou thyself?" (John 8:53).<< the Pharisees came asking Christ, they came asking if Christ is greater than Abraham.

"They answered and said unto him, Abraham is our father. Jesus saith unto them, If ye were Abraham’s children, ye would do the works of Abraham. " (John 8:39).
"But now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, which I have heard of God: this did not Abraham. " (John 8:40).
<< now ye seek to kill me, a man that hath told you the truth, this did not Abraham, wow, Abraham did not try to kill Christ? Where the hell did Christ and Abraham meet?

"Your father Abraham rejoiced to see my day: and he saw it, and was glad. " (John 8:56).<< Abraham rejoiced to see the day of Christ? Wait a minute, dont try to tell me these things happened in the Spirit world because they where talking about earthly things. What did Abraham do when he saw Melchizedec? He rejoiced to see Melchizedec.

"Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?" (John 8:57).<< The jews were shocked and they asked Christ the same question am asking, you are not up to 50years old and you said you have seen Abraham? How is that even possible?

"Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. " (John 8:58).<< wow, now you see Christ was Melchizedec, Christ is a priest, so was Melchizedec. Melchizedec has no beginning or end, so was Christ. Melchizedec king of Righteousness and Peace.

When Jesus said before Abraham was I am... that obviously would have been a wrong grammar, twas suppose to be "before Abraham was, I were". But Jesus knew what he was saying when He said "before Abraham was I AM"... He was referring to the name God called him self "I am that I am".... Jesus was actually saying " look buddies, l already existed before everything... even your father Abraham"

Stop proliferating false doctrine and thoughts all in the guise of proving whatnis not worth proving in the first place
Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by MEILYN(m): 8:13am On Dec 24, 2013
Gombs:

Didn't wanna get involved in this, but your above is a worrying thought.

Quick quiz, did Jesus EVER exist as a person in heaven or on earth before he was born by the virgin? The answer is a big NO! Why? Because John 1 said the Word was made flesh, and dwelt among us.... this was during John's time, twas not Abraham's time, and this was the only time such was done, and twas solely done to redeem man.

Know this.....Jesus is not melchizedek. If he were, then Hebrews 7 would have lied to us from the fact that it said that a priest would rise up in the same order as melchizedek, meaning these folks were two different folks. Note however, that he was LIKE the Son of God.... if it is not panadol, it can never be panadol.

And Goshen, I'm watching u.... Be careful, u might contradict ur tithing stand with this melchizedek thread.... and I'd redily archive it.
how will John know Christ is melchizedec? John the baptist didnt even know he was Elijah. This philosophy of yours doesnt discard the fact that Melchizedec is Christ, and again you dont believe in Regeneration. So thats why you think so bro.

Christ met Abraham and Abraham didnt try to kill him, but he rejoiced to see Christs day. Where did that occur in the old testament? It fits Melchizedec visit to Abraham perfectly.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by MEILYN(m): 8:16am On Dec 24, 2013
Gombs:

When Jesus said before Abraham was I am... that obviously would have been a wrong grammar, twas suppose to be "before Abraham was, I were". But Jesus knew what he was saying when He said "before Abraham was I AM"... He was referring to the name God called him self "I am that I am".... Jesus was actually saying " look buddies, l already existed before everything... even your father Abraham"

Stop proliferating false doctrine and thoughts all in the guise of proving whatnis not worth proving in the first place
you are fighting against the word bro. Like i said, they were talking about earthly stuffs. Abraham didnt try to kill Christ? Where did that occur in heaven? And that your point up there is your own opinion. You are adding and bringing private interpretaion to the scriptures..

Now lets see what led to the statement of Christ....

"Then said the Jews unto him, Thou art not yet fifty years old, and hast thou seen Abraham?" (John 8:57)<<< Christ was saying he has seen Abraham, this was why he was asked how old he was.

"Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. " (John 8:58)<< what are you explaining again now? What does i am that i am have to do with this verse?, even his audience understood him talkless of you. Nah wa oo Nigerians smh.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by Gombs(m): 8:45am On Dec 24, 2013
MEILYN: how will John know Christ is melchizedec? John the baptist didnt even know he was Elijah. This philosophy of yours doesnt discard the fact that Melchizedec is Christ, and again you dont believe in Regeneration. So thats why you think so bro.

Christ met Abraham and Abraham didnt try to kill him, but he rejoiced to see Christs day. Where did that occur in the old testament? It fits Melchizedec visit to Abraham perfectly.

I was talking about John the beloved.... aBi na john the Baptist write the book of John?... John the Baptist came in the power of elijah, even if he was elijah, it would not be termed reincarnation, because elijah never died in his day.

People of God on NL... u see why we need pray for people? Bro, the devil is doing a fine job on u
Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by MEILYN(m): 8:56am On Dec 24, 2013
Gombs:

I was talking about John the beloved.... aBi na john the Baptist write the book of John?... John the Baptist came in the power of elijah, even if he was elijah, it would not be termed reincarnation, because elijah never died in his day.

People of God on NL... u see why we need pray for people? Bro, the devil is doing a fine job on u
"But these, as natural brute beasts, made to be taken and destroyed, speak evil of the things that they understand not; and shall utterly perish in their own corruption;" (2 Peter 2:12)... I just gave you an example with John. i dont wanna derail this thread with reincarnation talks. Stay on topic bro. So Melchizedec is like Christ, greater than Christ? Or what do you have to say about that. Melchizedec is the King of peace, king of righteousness, made like unto Christ, has no beginning of days nor end of life. Tackle this, forget reincarnation, i have tackled it in the previous page Ecclesiastes 1.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by Nobody: 9:27am On Dec 24, 2013
@Gombs, the point is Melchizedek was a Type of Christ of Old,Moses was a Type of Christ,David was a Type of Christ, Joseph was a Type of Christ,
Samson was a Type of Christ. Read their stories and see REDEMPTION in them. In the NT i am a Type of Christ. Paul says Christ has many membered PARTS. Christ filled the OT as well as the NT, The bible is ALL about Christ. Do you not see how you are missing it? Let's look at the Melchi story again.

Melchisedec was a type of Christ as Priest. He was without father and mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life, but made like unto the Son of God. Now, remember this, in Hebrews 13:8: "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever."

And let me also point out an interesting story about Abraham's encounter with 3 visitors in Gen 18. Do you know who they were? They ate what Abraham gave them? God is Spirit, does God eat food? You can see this thing is bigger than what you can imagine.

When Jesus appeared before His disciples after his resurrection he asked to be given food and he ate it to show them he was flesh and bones(none of his bones was broken), He shed his blood to show us that the life of the flesh is in the blood. Right now Jesus is sitted as a person at the right hand of God the Father.To say He never preexisted his birth is poor bible knowledge on you part.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by MEILYN(m): 9:36am On Dec 24, 2013
Bidam: @Gombs, the point is Melchizedek was a Type of Christ of Old,Moses was a Type of Christ,David was a Type of Christ, Joseph was a Type of Christ,
Samson was a Type of Christ. Read their stories and see REDEMPTION in them. In the NT i am a Type of Christ. Paul says Christ has many membered PARTS. Christ filled the OT as well as the NT, The bible is ALL about Christ. Do you not see how you are missing it? Let's look at the Melchi story again.

Melchisedec was a type of Christ as Priest. He was without father and mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life, but made like unto the Son of God. Now, remember this, in Hebrews 13:8: "Jesus Christ the same yesterday, and today, and forever."

And let me also point out an interesting story about Abraham's encounter with 3 visitors in Gen 18. Do you know who they were? They ate what Abraham gave them? God is Spirit, does God eat food? You can see this thing is bigger than what you can imagine.

When Jesus appeared before His disciples after his resurrection he asked to be given food and he ate it to show them he was flesh and bones(none of his bones was broken), He shed his blood to show us that the life of the flesh is in the blood. Right now Jesus is sitted as a person at the right hand of God the Father.To say He never preexisted his birth is poor bible knowledge on you part.
bro, Gombs is a natural man."But the natural man receiveth not the things of the Spirit of God: for they are foolishness unto him: neither can he know them, because they are spiritually discerned." (1 Corinthians 2:14).
Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by Gombs(m): 10:13am On Dec 24, 2013
Bidam: @Gombs, the point is Melchizedek was a Type of Christ of Old,Moses was a Type of Christ,David was a Type of Christ, Joseph was a Type of Christ,

When Jesus appeared before His disciples after his resurrection he asked to be given food and he ate it to show them he was flesh and bones(none of his bones was broken), He shed his blood to show us that the life of the flesh is in the blood. Right now Jesus is sitted as a person at the right hand of God the Father. To say He never preexisted his birth is poor bible knowledge on you part.

What I am against is that Jesus was/is melchizedek..... Melchizedek is/was a type of Christ is far different from Melchizedek is Jesus.

As for the above bold, I chose to ignore ur indirect invective and unguided slanderous remark, You might wanna choose ur adjectives more careful in the future.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by shdemidemi(m): 10:56am On Dec 24, 2013

I hope you don't think the point you are making here lends credence to tithing. All that transpired between Abraham and Melchizedek (Melchizedek was God) was a way of signifying that the pagan custom of given a tenth to a earthly king was over.

Genesis 14:18

"And Melchizedek king of Salem brought forth bread and wine: and he was the priest of the most high God."

That wasn't what they normally used in the sacrifices of Abraham's day. So why in the world did Melchizedek offer bread and wine? it was a subtle prophecy. it was so subtle because what was the bread and the wine, as Jesus administered it in Matthew 26.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by Nobody: 11:19am On Dec 24, 2013
Gombs:

What I am against is that Jesus was/is melchizedek..... Melchizedek is/was a type of Christ is far different from Melchizedek is Jesus.

As for the above bold, I chose to ignore ur indirect invective and unguided slanderous remark, You might wanna choose ur adjectives more careful in the future.
bro.. i meant no disrespect o..sorry if you feel that way. grin
Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by Nobody: 11:22am On Dec 24, 2013
shdemidemi:

I hope you don't think the point you are making here lends credence to tithing. All that transpired between Abraham and Melchizedek (Melchizedek was God) was a way of signifying that the pagan custom of given a tenth to a earthly king was over.
I don't know what you are talking about here o..Which one con be pagan custom again grin grin
Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by MEILYN(m): 11:43am On Dec 24, 2013
Bidam: I don't know what you are talking about here o..Which one con be pagan custom again grin grin
grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Pope Francis Stepping Down, Says ‘there Is No God’ / "Religion Of Peace" Blow Up Brussels Yet Again! / 10 Secrets To Make Any Charm Work For You

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 140
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.