Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,190,373 members, 7,940,434 topics. Date: Thursday, 05 September 2024 at 05:28 AM

Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament - Religion (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament (6869 Views)

Is "God" Of The Old Testament Satan? / Top 10 Reasons Why Jesus Christ Is Not God / The Anti Christ Is Tb Joshua Pls Beware (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by Zikkyy(m): 12:21pm On Dec 31, 2013
Bidam:
All Men ancestry is traced back to God who is the creator,so It's no big deal if Melchi and Christ are one and same.

It's no big deal, we all agree to that but it's not telling us that Melchi is Jesus.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by Zikkyy(m): 12:24pm On Dec 31, 2013
doubleDx:
What is the meaning of the emboldened? You do err not knowing the scripture, reincarnation is Biblical; I do not expect a confused heathen like you to understand things of the spirit anyway! Just go through my previous posts on this thread and you will understand my stands on this topic....The word of God MUST be precept upon precept, line upon line, a little here, a little there....You ignorant Christians subscribe only to what your so-called Pastors teach you....Study the Bible and let it interpret itself, simple! Study to show yourself approved!

Lol! grin
Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by Nobody: 12:31pm On Dec 31, 2013
Zikkyy:

forget other forms, the issue or question here is if Christ and Melchi are one and same. If you answer yes, then you should ccnsider the message you passing across; it means Christ was already king-priest before Abram. Am still looking for scripture to support that one. If he was already mediating prior to Abram, why the levitical priesthood? Was Christ on break?
Go back to Genesis and find out what God did when Adam sinned.God actually did the priestly Job of sacrificing an animal to cover their sins. God always wanted obedience from Men. Even when He called Moses, it was a nation of Holy Priesthood He wanted not the levites.( Exodus 19:6, 1 pet 2 : 5 & 9, Rev 5 :10).
The levites actually came into the picture later on.

KJV Exodus 32:26 Then Moses stood in the gate of the camp, and said, Who is on the LORD'S side? let him come unto me. And all the sons of Levi gathered themselves together unto him.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by MEILYN(m): 12:51pm On Dec 31, 2013
Zikkyy:

forget other forms, the issue or question here is if Christ and Melchi are one and same. If you answer yes, then you should ccnsider the message you passing across; it means Christ was already king-priest before Abram. Am still looking for scripture to support that one. If he was already mediating prior to Abram, why the levitical priesthood? Was Christ on break?
read my first post again.

"Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. " (John 8:58) << and secondly please, what is the work of a high priest?

i made sure i searched very well before i opened this thread.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by Nobody: 12:53pm On Dec 31, 2013
Zikkyy:

you are saying you don't have scripture to support ya assertion?
Zikkyy:

It's wrong only if you cannot support ya assertion. Bible did not say Jesus is Melchi, so you need to explain to us how you arrive at such conclusion.
The striking similarities in scripture is too good not to come to that reasonable conclusion.

Atleast we know Melchi is not angel Micheal. grin

But we Know Jesus was with the ancient of days who began the beginning.( Dan 7:13)

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by Nobody: 12:56pm On Dec 31, 2013
Zikkyy:

Nobody is saying Melchi not a priest cos he was human. The question here is if Melchi & Christ are one and same. If Melchi was man then he must have ancestry, he cannot be priest forever cos he been unseated, and he cannot be Christ cos to achieve that he needs to do away with the physical body to take on new one. The position of my good friend, doubleDx.
You lost me at the bolded. Is Christ not much more superior to angels who came in the likeness of men in OT?
Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by Nobody: 1:01pm On Dec 31, 2013
Zikkyy:

It's no big deal, we all agree to that but it's not telling us that Melchi is Jesus.
Whatever, the back and forth argument is getting us no where.Atleast the OP did try comparing a scripture with scripture. Unlike Gosh with his private interpretation.SMH!

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by MEILYN(m): 1:12pm On Dec 31, 2013
Bidam: Whatever, the back and forth argument is getting us no where.Atleast the OP did try comparing a scripture with scripture. Unlike Gosh with his private interpretation.SMH!
Leave that Goshen of a guy.... He likes using his head to interpret the things of God, the bible stated something clearly grin and he is here asking.

Is Melchizedec a Man?

Is he tall?

Is he black?

What does that have to do with what the bible says?....
Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by Nobody: 1:30pm On Dec 31, 2013
MEILYN: Leave that Goshen of a guy.... He likes using his head to interpret the things of God, the bible stated something clearly grin and he is here asking.

Is Melchizedec a Man?

Is he tall?

Is he black?

What does that have to do with what the bible says?....
Bros... i tire for Gosh o... grin Happy new year BTW.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by MEILYN(m): 1:44pm On Dec 31, 2013
Bidam: Bros... i tire for Gosh o... grin Happy new year BTW.
Nothing concern me with new year bros grin

BUT

OK

HAPPY NEW YEAR JARE grin grin

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by Zikkyy(m): 1:57pm On Dec 31, 2013
Bidam:
Go back to Genesis and find out what God did when Adam sinned.God actually did the priestly Job of sacrificing an animal to cover their sins.

meaning Jesus was not priest at the time. So how can he be Melchi if he was not yet priest. You people are dodging the koko of the matter here to address irrelevant matters.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by Zikkyy(m): 2:02pm On Dec 31, 2013
MEILYN: read my first post again.
"Jesus said unto them, Verily, verily, I say unto you, Before Abraham was, I am. " (John 8:58)

Jesus was before Abram as what? High priest? If Jesus is Melchi, he must be high priest. You guys are dodging this bit. Being in existence before Abraham is not what qualifies him to be Melchi. You need to show scriptures that point to the fact that Jesus is Melchi. The quote above is not it.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by Zikkyy(m): 2:12pm On Dec 31, 2013
MEILYN:
<< and secondly please, what is the work of a high priest?

my brother am not a certified high priest so I will not be able to list the duties, but I do know the high priest should be the the spiritual oga at the top, making atonement for sin, he is the people representative (before God).
Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by Nobody: 2:13pm On Dec 31, 2013
Zikkyy:

meaning Jesus was not priest at the time. So how can he be Melchi if he was not yet priest. You people are dodging the koko of the matter here to address irrelevant matters.
Do you believe in trinity?
Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by Zikkyy(m): 2:14pm On Dec 31, 2013
MEILYN:
i made sure i searched very well before i opened this thread.

even after searching very well, you are unable to provide scriptures to show Melchi is Christ.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by haibe(m): 2:16pm On Dec 31, 2013
MEILYN:
HAPPY NEW YEAR JARE grin grin

Ha! After now you will start saying those saying happy new year are wrong that God doesnt like it, I will wait till you start.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by Zikkyy(m): 2:21pm On Dec 31, 2013
Bidam:
The striking similarities in scripture is too good not to come to that reasonable conclusion.

which kin similarities? Facial similarity or what? grin my brother we cannot rely on similarities here o! Na you talk say old testament point to Christ, so what do you expect? If Melchi resemble Christ, that is not saying he is Christ.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by Zikkyy(m): 2:29pm On Dec 31, 2013
Bidam: Do you believe in trinity?

Wetin concern trinity for this matter? You want to tell me that God was once a priest? grin oya na, say it so we can take it from there.

1 Like

Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by Nobody: 2:32pm On Dec 31, 2013
Zikkyy:

which kin similarities? Facial similarity or what? grin my brother we cannot rely on similarities here o! Na you talk say old testament point to Christ, so what do you expect? If Melchi resemble Christ, that is not saying he is Christ.
Stop ridiculing yasef here. I am of the school of thot that strongly believes Melchizedek may have been a theophany of Christ, or a manifestation of deity in temporary form.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by Nobody: 2:41pm On Dec 31, 2013
Zikkyy:

Wetin concern trinity for this matter? You want to tell me that God was once a priest? grin oya na, say it so we can take it from there.
So why should God supposedly die for the sins of men. grin

1 Timothy 3:16

King James Version (KJV)

16 And without controversy great is the mystery of godliness: God was manifest in the flesh, justified in the Spirit, seen of angels, preached unto the Gentiles, believed on in the world, received up into glory

So lets believe Melchi is the mystery MAN. cheesy
Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by Zikkyy(m): 2:49pm On Dec 31, 2013
Bidam: Stop ridiculing yasef here. I am of the school of thot that strongly believes Melchizedek may have been a theophany of Christ, or a manifestation of deity in temporary form.

you believe in theophany without support, abi na for dream God reveal am to you? Una no try at all grin thank God you said "may" have been...
Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by Zikkyy(m): 2:52pm On Dec 31, 2013
Bidam:
So why should God supposedly die for the sins of men. grin

Lol! You don jump from Adam to post crucufixion totally avoiding the period and subject being discussed. You see ya self? grin
Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by Nobody: 2:53pm On Dec 31, 2013
Zikkyy:

you believe in theophany without support, abi na for dream God reveal am to you? Una no try at all grin thank God you said "may" have been...
oK,thanks for chit chat.. i get other things do. cheesy
Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by Zikkyy(m): 3:11pm On Dec 31, 2013
Bidam: oK,thanks for chit chat.. i get other things do. cheesy

okay, no wahala. Happy new year, pray that the 2014 brings you lot of love and happiness always (with plenty money, plenty friends and good health).

Please ensure you also repent of ya scripture twisting ways in 2014 angry
Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by Nobody: 3:15pm On Dec 31, 2013
Zikkyy:

Lol! You don jump from Adam to post crucufixion totally avoiding the period and subject being discussed. You see ya self? grin
I quoted that scripture to suggest the mystery of Melchi...in connection to Christ who the Jews reject as God till date. Is that not a mystery

If Melchi receives tithes from Ab..and all the levites paid tithes in Abraham to Melchi..Does that not suggest Melchi as Christ who receives the tithe since the priesthood is eternal?

There is a synergy between the Old and the New.Whether you want to agree or not there is a connection between the tithes, priesthood and worship which eventually link us back to God who sets the motion of events in scripture.

Ofcos i can understand your frustration and fixation on this thread because of the power of tithing. grin
Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by Nobody: 3:18pm On Dec 31, 2013
Zikkyy:

okay, no wahala. Happy new year, pray that the 2014 brings you lot of love and happiness always (with plenty money, plenty friends and good health).

Please ensure you also repent of ya scripture twisting ways in 2014 angry
Heehehehe..Happy new year big bro.. make sure you pay ya tithes.

Na MELCHIZEDEK(Christ) dey collect am. grin grin
Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by joe4christ(m): 4:30pm On Dec 31, 2013
Goshen360:

I have always known you that you too sabi scriptures and na so you dey always twist and go off track. Ever learning but no knowledge of truth. So Melchizedek is also an Angel that appeared in form of man? Where angels appeared as men, scripture says so, did you read Melchi as angel appearing as man or MADE LIKE the Son of God?

So, Mr.Goshem can you kindly explain to me what the scripture meant by melch being a man without beginning nor end
Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by BraveGuy: 5:04pm On Dec 31, 2013
OlaoChi: But then this implies reincarnation and core Christian doctrine dismisses reincarnation

No, this is not about reincarnation, it is about God who can appear or do anything He says He will do at any time He chooses to do it.
Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by MEILYN(m): 6:36pm On Dec 31, 2013
haibe:

Ha! After now you will start saying those saying happy new year are wrong that God doesnt like it, I will wait till you start.
Yes, God doesnt like it....

New Year is thrash in the sight of God grin

"Your new moons and your appointed feasts my soul hateth: they are a trouble unto me; I am weary to bear them." (Isaiah 1:14).

"I hate, I despise your feast days, and I will not smell in your solemn assemblies." (Amos 5:21).

i had to return the favour bro. So i wont look rude... I said nothing concern me with new year tongue
Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by naijafresh: 7:44pm On Dec 31, 2013
Hmm na wa for some people here.

Make una dey discuss who be who, who strong pass and who pass Jesus like say that na the the gospel wey dem send una to spread.

In fact when Jesus come for rapture make una bone say una go remain behind say una wan wait for Melchizedek becos na him strong pass.

Talk about misplaced priorities and misguided bible study

angry angry
Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by naijafresh: 7:47pm On Dec 31, 2013
Ah beg while you're at it, don't forget to discuss whether Jesus na Archangel Michael as well.

Una dey discuss which fire extinguisher better pass in detail when una house wan burn reach ground

Re: Jesus Christ Is Melchizedec In The Old Testament by Goshen360(m): 9:36pm On Dec 31, 2013
If the scripture says Melchizedek is a man and that he reigned or ruled as a king of a specific location, Salem and was a priest of the Most High. It will mean first, as a man, he was born of a woman and a man because the only man that was created was Adam and Eve from Adam, every other man is born, including Christ in His human nature.

2. It will mean, as a king, he rules in a physical geographical location and it will take physical human being to rule as king over a geographical location.

3. As a priest, he will be physically available to minister unto God.

If some teaches Melchizedek is Christ, it will mean Christ physically ruled on this earth before being born of a woman and we are no more talking about the second coming of Christ; we will be talking about the third coming because he would have first come as Melchi, come as Christ and then thirdly coming again - This is a destructive heresy!

Wherever Christ appear in types and shadows, the new testament testified to that truth and revelation; confirming that Christ fulfilled those appearance of types and shadows. When we read in scriptures like, "the Spirit descending LIKE a dove" Does that mean the Spirit IS A Dove? Christ AS the sacrificial lamb, does that mean Christ IS a lamb?

The controversial verse here is,

Without father, without mother, without descent, having neither beginning of days, nor end of life; but made like unto the Son of God; abideth a priest continually.

What we need is investigate this text so it doesn't appear contradictory to the other text. If some are saying, Christ IS Melchizedek, we all know Christ is born of a woman and means is WITH mother while Melchizedek is said to be WITHOUT mother. If Christ IS Melchi, why will ONE have MOTHER (Christ) and the other is WITHOUT mother (Melchi) and yet they are SAME person? Our solution is to investigate the text in Hebrew\Greek language AS IT IS UNDERSTOOD by those who heard these scriptures.

Without father, without mother . . . is a rabbinical phrase that means (in Greek) apatōr and understood to mean whose father is not recorded in the genealogies. How do you describe a man who you don't know his father? You either call him a bastard or a man whose father is not known or a man without father. Such phrase (without father\mother) was used to describe Melchizedek.

without descent . . . is the same rabbinical expression in Greek agenealogētos and it means, one whose descent there is no record of, without genealogy BUT we know Christ's as a man have genealogy - Matthew 1. So, if Melchi IS Christ, how could one have genealogy and the other don't? It simply means, they are not same person.

. . . having neither beginning of days . . . also a rabbinical text meaning, his BIRTH, understood as BEGINNING OF DAYS, wasn't known or recorded neither is his DEATH (END of life). BIRTH is the beginning of days, DEATH is the end of life as existence. All these information are missing in the genealogy and so, he was chosen to typify Christ's priesthood. So, what scripture is saying is when he was BORN (beginning of days) and when he died (end of life) was not known or missing in the Genesis genealogy. Therefore, he was COMPARED to the ETERNAL Sonship and Priesthood of Christ, not the PERSON OF CHRIST - made LIKE (not, that he IS) Son of God.

This is where I will end my argument on this subject. I'm not doing this into the new year. Happy new year to y'all in advance.

3 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (Reply)

Same Religion, Same God, Same Aim..reduce The Infidèles. / How Can I Evangelise My Friends And Family Without Pushing Them Away? / Why Is It Impossible For Prophet TB Joshua To Use Demonic Power To Do Healing

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 53
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.