Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,298 members, 7,910,562 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 11:58 AM

Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth - Business (5) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth (57431 Views)

Confessions Of An Economic Hitman: Why Nigeria May Not Develop With Gej! / Special Report: Confessions Of A (ghanaian) Gold Scammer / Nigerian Youth Should Learn Money Making From (dangote) Worlds Richest Black Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by Jiggaman101: 8:48am On Dec 27, 2013
safarigirl: Ghana is more of a tourist site? Where did I compare Ghana to Nigeria? Btw, Nigerians troop to Libya and even useless countries like Sudan, does that mean they're economically better than us? Jigga abeg don't flatter yourself, Nigerians will troop to ANYWHERE that has PEOPLE, Ghana isn't special. Goodmorning

You said dirty place like Ghana and it is a fact that Nigeria is much dirtier than Ghana. The question that I have you and other Nigerians is why always Ghana. Why not Ivory Coast, Togo, Senegal, Liberia, Benin. I never y'all complain or say anything bad about those other country. Why always Ghana
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by Chubhie: 8:51am On Dec 27, 2013
Guess I made the right business decision of not investing the money on me in GH all thanks to a former love waiting for me in naija then. As a business minded guy, naija is the place to be. GH go slow you down cos of enjoyment.

Camp your family in GH and burst your moves here. The land is greener here.

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by GHANAOGA: 8:53am On Dec 27, 2013
boron10:
We produce about 6000MW of electricity compared to the 2500MW in Ghana. The cost of fuelling one's generator is also less than the electricity tariff in Ghana.

There is no country in this world that is immune to terrorism. Even the great America with all the resources and firepower they possess can't boast of being free from terrorists.

The rate of crime in Nigeria is not as high as the rate of crime in some developed countries, like America, russia and fairly developed country like South Africa. I read on ghanaweb how ghanaian policemen stole fuel from a vehicle in an accident scene. If the police force could degenerate to stealing fuel, what then would you expect from the ordinary citizens?

Comparing Nigeria with Ghana is like comparing China with egypt. Lagos economy alone is larger than the whole Ghanaian economy. There are more road networks in lagos than there are in the whole of Ghana, benin and togo combined. And despite our huge population, our GDP per capital is still higher.

So, I'll implore you to stop embarrassing yourself and country by trying to compare Nigeria with Ghana. We nor be mate.

170million population produces 6000MW(NIGERIA)
25million population producing 2500MW(GHANA)
Point out the failure here
NIGERIA IS A FAILED STATE.SIMPLE AS THAT.THE WHOLE WOLRD KNOWS IT!!

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by OmoTier1(m): 8:54am On Dec 27, 2013
Jigga_man101:

Accra like every major city around the world is expensive. He could have moved to other places if he did not have the means.

Do not tell me that cost of electricity is rationed in Ghana from City to City? Your comment that age could have moved to City still does not justice to the fact that Ghana increasingly is becoming anti foreign investment and investors, with growing sense of national hatred for other countries whose citizens do well in Ghana in comparison to your people.

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by AK481(m): 8:55am On Dec 27, 2013
♥Dεs•Chγκσ♥:

". My house rent alone costs me N84,000 per year, aside from the contributions of my housemates. It is true that electricity is always on, but we pay dearly for it. In a three-bedroom flat occupied by four of us, we utilize about N360,000 yearly on electricity. Even my feeding alone costs an average of N220,000 (more than) yearly at a rate of N600 daily or more. My spendings on airtime for transactions and data costs about N200 daily, making more than N72,000 yearly."

wetin this one dey talk sef....
1.but in coker where i stay,we pay 450,000 per year for a 3 bedromm flat.we even got one of the cheapest house.
2.a plat of food in coker here is 300 naira permeal in buker and about 450 naira in a fair resturant.
3.a lot of us here use more than 200 naira per day to recharge our phones.

disclaimer:i dont know about the cost and standard of living in ghana,but we spend more in nigeria.
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by safarigirl(f): 8:56am On Dec 27, 2013
Jigga_man101:

I laugh whenever I hear that. Lagos GDP is higher that Ghana. If it that was true how does it affect the average nigerian. Does the average nigerian live better than a Ghanaian
Does the average nigerian has better capital. Does the average nigerian mother has better health coverage than Ghanaian. Does the average nigerian feel safe in Nigeria. What does Nigeria beat Ghana in apart from population.
what is the population of Ghana? It isn't even a quarter of that of Nigeria, now 20% of Nigerian population should make up the Ghanaian population. Take that percentage out and do your survey, you think all of Nigeria has security challenges? Take out Akwa Ibom, Enugu, Osun, and Jigawa, that should make 's population, do a survey and see if the average man there is hungry or lacks security. You can NEVER do a correct survey comparing Nigeria and Ghana because our Population will give us higher numbers. The average Nigerian is wealtheir than the average Ghanaian, the average Nigerian is more educated than the average Ghanaian. There are 45 million Nigerians on the net, about twice the population of Ghana, if we call them the AVERAGE Nigerians, then you should know that in fact the average Nigerian lives better than the average Ghanaian.

3 Likes

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by GHANAOGA: 8:58am On Dec 27, 2013
safarigirl: what is the population of Ghana? It isn't even a quarter of that of Nigeria, now 20% of Nigerian population should make up the Ghanaian population. Take that percentage out and do your survey, you think all of Nigeria has security challenges? Take out Akwa Ibom, Enugu, Osun, and Jigawa, that should make 's population, do a survey and see if the average man there is hungry or lacks security. You can NEVER do a correct survey comparing Nigeria and Ghana because our Population will give us higher numbers. [b]The average Nigerian is wealtheir than the average Ghanaian, the average Nigerian is more educated than the average Ghanaian. [/b]There are 45 million Nigerians on the net, about twice the population of Ghana, if we call them the AVERAGE Nigerians, then you should know that in fact the average Nigerian lives better than the average Ghanaian.

May I add,the average nigerian dies from road accidents,disease and terrorist attack than a Ghanaian.
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by OmoTier1(m): 9:00am On Dec 27, 2013
GHANA OGA:

170million population produces 6000MW(NIGERIA)
25million population producing 2500MW(GHANA)
Point out the failure here
NIGERIA IS A FAILED STATE.SIMPLE AS THAT.THE WHOLE WOLRD KNOWS IT!!
If a failed state has one of it constituent's GDP higher than your seemingly okay state, then you people are to be the most pitied of all. Do not let the Western media hype deceive you, the realities on ground in Ghana should be of utmost concern to you.

I would not attempt to compare Nigeria with Ghana because that would be an exercise in futility. Both countries have a troubles, and I would rather expend my energies on ideas to help Nigeria to continue to make good progress on all fronts. However, let it be known to you that there is nothing to be desired of Ghana as far anything good in life goes which in my own opinion is not in abundance in Nigeria.
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by UDbester(m): 9:00am On Dec 27, 2013
If u lyk make u no go develop ur village make e luk lyk accra abi na arcca dem dey even call am. Just stay dey dey lie to us, u tink sey we b pikin?
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by tellwisdom: 9:01am On Dec 27, 2013
Which kain yeye story be this? angry
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by calabaman(m): 9:01am On Dec 27, 2013
Ghana should GO AND DIE

That's all
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by agadez007(m): 9:02am On Dec 27, 2013
boron10:
We produce about 6000MW of electricity compared to the 2500MW in Ghana. The cost of fuelling one's generator is also less than the electricity tariff in Ghana.

There is no country in this world that is immune to terrorism. Even the great America with all the resources and firepower they possess can't boast of being free from terrorists.

The rate of crime in Nigeria is not as high as the rate of crime in some developed countries, like America, russia and fairly developed country like South Africa. I read on ghanaweb how ghanaian policemen stole fuel from a vehicle in an accident scene. If the police force could degenerate to stealing fuel, what then would you expect from the ordinary citizens?

Comparing Nigeria with Ghana is like comparing China with egypt. Lagos economy alone is larger than the whole Ghanaian economy. There are more road networks in lagos than there are in the whole of Ghana, benin and togo combined. And despite our huge population, our GDP per capital is still higher.

So, I'll implore you to stop embarrassing yourself and country by trying to compare Nigeria with Ghana. We nor be mate.
word!
They claim 24/7 electricity eventhough there are none in their rural areas,there are only electricities in their cities compared to nigeria where every villages and rural areas all have electricity,imagine if our 6000mw was restricted to only our cities lagos,abuja,ph,kano,onitsha e.t.c

2 Likes

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by Jiggaman101: 9:05am On Dec 27, 2013
safarigirl: what is the population of Ghana? It isn't even a quarter of that of Nigeria, now 20% of Nigerian population should make up the Ghanaian population. Take that percentage out and do your survey, you think all of Nigeria has security challenges? Take out Akwa Ibom, Enugu, Osun, and Jigawa, that should make 's population, do a survey and see if the average man there is hungry or lacks security. You can NEVER do a correct survey comparing Nigeria and Ghana because our Population will give us higher numbers. The average Nigerian is wealtheir than the average Ghanaian, the average Nigerian is more educated than the average Ghanaian. There are 45 million Nigerians on the net, about twice the population of Ghana, if we call them the AVERAGE Nigerians, then you should know that in fact the average Nigerian lives better than the average Ghanaian.

I guess u don't understand the word average, not to sound condescending but you are not making sense. The average Ghanaian has a better life, better health care, better security, better education.
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by GHANAOGA: 9:06am On Dec 27, 2013
Omo_Tier1:
If a failed state has one of it constituent's GDP higher than your seemingly okay state, then you people are to be the most pitied of all. Do not let the Western media hype deceive you, the realities on ground in Ghana should be of utmost concern to you.

I would not attempt to compare Nigeria with Ghana because that would be an exercise in futility. Both countries have a troubles, and I would rather expend my energies on ideas to help Nigeria to continue to make good progress on all fronts. However, let it be known to you that there is nothing to be desired of Ghana as far anything good in life goes [/b]which in my own opinion is not in abundance in Nigeria.

Tell that to your country folks rushing to Ghana everyday for education,business and pleasure.
Stop talking about GDP without considering the population size.U forgetting the population of Nigeria is more than 5x Ghana.
I repeat NIGERIA IS A FAILED STATE!!

Your country should be the model for all black nations but see where you are!
Cant even boast of regular power supply in this 21st century.SMH.

2 Likes

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by fleyboy02: 9:06am On Dec 27, 2013
torgbe: Please kindly stay in your country and make make it attractive to your kids. We Ghanaians have to endure enough to make my dear Ghana what it is now. I suspect you and THE USELESS nairaland mods are on a mission to denigrate my country but it wont work- WHO JAH BLESS, NO MAN CURSE. All legit Nigerian businesses are making it big time, only the illegal ones like the o.p's who do not have the $300,000 to start business are struggling. We Ghanaians love our country as it so stay in your 9ja let Ghanaians enjoy their peace

btw no one should furkinglyy tell me this is nairaland for 9jarians cuz we Ghanaians must to defend on our country whether on randland, dollarland poundland etc, wherever GH is mentioned we are surely trooping there

GOD BLESS MY HOMELAND GHANA AND MAKE IT GREAT AND STRONG, BOLD TO DEFEND FOREVER
If ah eva see this guy na walkin stick ah go take chase am comot 4 hia,,,,, angry
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by safarigirl(f): 9:08am On Dec 27, 2013
Jigga_man101:

You said dirty place like Ghana and it is a fact that Nigeria is much dirtier than Ghana. The question that I have you and other Nigerians is why always Ghana. Why not Ivory Coast, Togo, Senegal, Liberia, Benin. I never y'all complain or say anything bad about those other country. Why always Ghana
I said dirty place like Ghana/Togo/Benin, so yes, I did mention other countries, I didn't single you out. My dear, Nigeria is 3 times the size of Ghana, Ghana is about the size of Cross River and Akwa Ibom together, and those places are cleaner than ALL of Ghana. And we single you guys out because you're the closest ENGLISH-Speaking nation to Nigeria, everybody else speaks French, just like CIV is French West Africa's leader, Nigeria is English West Africa's leader, sorry
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by GHANAOGA: 9:10am On Dec 27, 2013
agadez007: word!
They claim 24/7 electricity eventhough there are none in their rural areas,there are only electricities in their cities compared to nigeria where every villages and rural areas all have electricity,imagine if our 6000mw was restricted to only our cities lagos,abuja,ph,kano,onitsha e.t.c

Mention the rural areas in Ghana without electricity. SMH.
We covered bro unlike your failed country despite all your oil money.
A nation where households still depend on generators even in these modern era.Big time failure

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by ireneidiva(f): 9:10am On Dec 27, 2013
Andyblaze: I guess you must have decided to go to Ghana in order to feel among the "abroad boys" and not necessarily for greener pastures because for you to have saved up the amount of money you used for travelling, your pastures must have been green here in Nigeria.

Now check it out, all the expenses you make on food,electricity,rent,data etc are definitely higher than what you would have spent in Nigeria. If you had stayed back and persevered in your fatherland, who knows, maybe you would have become a household name in your business field in Owerri.

It is terrible to imagine that while some people complain that they don't have enough money to send back home from Europe,Asia,American after expenses, you make same complaint from a country like Ghana.

Anyways, thanks for warning others of the imminent danger

angry angry
Your most reasonable comment on nairaland. Congrats!
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by Jiggaman101: 9:12am On Dec 27, 2013
agadez007: word!

Electrification in Ghana is 72% while nigerian is 40%. Ghana plans electrification to 100% of Ghanaians by 2020 while Nigeria plans electrification to 72% of Nigerians by 2020. Tell me who has better access to electricity. Do your research before you talk

http://www.uneprisoe.org/~/media/Sites/Uneprisoe/Workshop%20Presentations%20(Powerpoints)/SE4%20All%20Presentations/abavana%20-%20electricity%20access%20progress%20in%20ghana.ashx

http://www.esi-africa.com/75-percent-electrification-by-2020-for-nigeria/

2 Likes

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by boron10(m): 9:13am On Dec 27, 2013
Jigga_man101:

I laugh whenever I hear that. Lagos GDP is higher that Ghana. If it that was true how does it affect the average nigerian. Does the average nigerian live better than a Ghanaian
Without doubt, an average Nigerian live better than a Ghanaian.
Does the average nigerian has better capital.
If your definition for capital is what I think it is, why then do you think Nigerians move to African countries including Ghana to start up businesses? I doubt if you had time to think before writing this.
Does the average nigerian mother has better health coverage than Ghanaian.
This is where the disadvantage of our huge population comes to play. However, there are more Nigerian medical experts than there are from any african country.
Does the average nigerian feel safe in Nigeria.
Aside the North eastern region, and some northern states, Nigeria is as safe as any peaceful country in the world. We would overcome the insurgents that have made Nigeria labelled the terrorist hub of africa with time. I feel safe in Nigeria. Never encountered armed robbers since I was born. Never encountered kidnappers and never has any of my family member been terrorised.
What does Nigeria beat Ghana in apart from population.
Economy, sports, Entertainment industry, Manufacturing, road networks, rail networks, natural resources, human resources, armed forces and many more.

5 Likes

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by GHANAOGA: 9:15am On Dec 27, 2013
safarigirl: I said dirty place like Ghana/Togo/Benin, so yes, I did mention other countries, I didn't single you out. My dear, Nigeria is 3 times the size of Ghana, Ghana is about the size of Cross River and Akwa Ibom together, and those places are cleaner than ALL of Ghana. And we single you guys out because you're the closest ENGLISH-Speaking nation to Nigeria, everybody else speaks French, just like CIV is French West Africa's leader, Nigeria is English West Africa's leader, sorry

Nonsense!!What is this one saying?

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by Jiggaman101: 9:15am On Dec 27, 2013
safarigirl: I said dirty place like Ghana/Togo/Benin, so yes, I did mention other countries, I didn't single you out. My dear, Nigeria is 3 times the size of Ghana, Ghana is about the size of Cross River and Akwa Ibom together, and those places are cleaner than ALL of Ghana. And we single you guys out because you're the closest ENGLISH-Speaking nation to Nigeria, everybody else speaks French, just like CIV is French West Africa's leader, Nigeria is English West Africa's leader, sorry

Sure every single african who has been in Ghana always praise Ghana for cleanliness. Nigeria is ten times dirtier. Why do y'all use population when it benefits y'all then bitch about it. If you can't handle a huge pop and huge country break it up and stop using it as excuse. Us is ten times bigger than Nigeria and they still manage it. Spare me

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by Jiggaman101: 9:16am On Dec 27, 2013
GHANA OGA:

Nonsense!!What is this one saying?

I was wondering the same thing. Makes no damn sense

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by Jiggaman101: 9:20am On Dec 27, 2013
boron10:
Without doubt, an average Nigerian live better than a Ghanaian.

If your definition for capital is what I think it is, why then do you think Nigerians move to African countries including Ghana to start up businesses? I doubt if you had time to think before writing this.

This is where the disadvantage of our huge population comes to play. However, there are more Nigerian medical experts than there are from any african country.

Aside the North eastern region, and some northern states, Nigeria is as safe as any peaceful country in the world. We would overcome the insurgents that have made Nigeria labelled the terrorist hub of africa with time. I feel safe in Nigeria. Never encountered armed robbers since I was born. Never encountered kidnappers and never has any of my family member been terrorised.

Economy, sports, Entertainment industry, Manufacturing, road networks, rail networks, natural resources, human resources, armed forces and many more.

Nigeria south, north, east and west is safer than Ghana. Nigeria economy is not better than Ghana's. Nigeria is based on one commodity oil, Ghana has a better road network and is not even close. When it comes to transportation please. Take a look at our taxi system or bus system. Sports I beg let's not go there.

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by nwachukwu7(m): 9:26am On Dec 27, 2013
It still beats my imagination why anyone will leave naija for Ghana for business ...or even education. I still think with all the strikes, studying in naija is still better when u compare the products.

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by Jiggaman101: 9:27am On Dec 27, 2013
Omo_Tier1:

Do not tell me that cost of electricity is rationed in Ghana from City to City? Your comment that age could have moved to City still does not justice to the fact that Ghana increasingly is becoming anti foreign investment and investors, with growing sense of national hatred for other countries whose citizens do well in Ghana in comparison to your people.

I don't see anyone complaining about Ghana except ungrateful Nigerians. There are several other nationalities. I don't see South Africans, Indians, lebanese, Ivorians, Togolese and so more complaining. Is always Nigeria, Nigeria. Regards to moving to other cities, other cities are not as expensive. Lagos is the most expensive city in Nigeria isn't that right
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by SHAAWA: 9:30am On Dec 27, 2013
mayoralex: 3 bedroom flat here in abj is 450k for outskirt areas and 2million plus for Abuja city

By outskirt do u mean Nassarawa or Niger state? cox d last time i checked 2bedroom in Lugbe goes 800k unless if you are talking about a mud house.
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by nwachukwu7(m): 9:30am On Dec 27, 2013
Abeg jigga_man leave story. The better roads u r referring to is only in Accra and 1 or 2 other places. I don de hear the Ghana Ghana noise until I went there. I was not in the least impressed.

Jigga_man101:

Nigeria south, north, east and west is safer than Ghana. Nigeria economy is not better than Ghana's. Nigeria is based on one commodity oil, Ghana has a better road network and is not even close. When it comes to transportation please. Take a look at our taxi system or bus system. Sports I beg let's not go there.

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by Jiggaman101: 9:33am On Dec 27, 2013
nwachukwu7: Abeg jigga_man leave story. The better roads u r referring to is only in Accra and 1 or 2 other places. I don de hear the Ghana Ghana noise until I went there. I was not in the least impressed.

Of course you are a nigerian, so I don't expect much from you. Your envy and jealousy will always cloud your judgement

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by Olawaleslimfit(m): 9:34am On Dec 27, 2013
Jigga_man101:

Sure every single african who has been in Ghana always praise Ghana for cleanliness. Nigeria is ten times dirtier. Why do y'all use population when it benefits y'all then bitch about it. If you can't handle a huge pop and huge country break it up and stop using it as excuse. Us is ten times bigger than Nigeria and they still manage it. Spare me
Ghana! Ghana!! Ghana!!! I can't believe u gays are trying to compare Nigeria to your worthless country. Forget ur useless electricity u are ranting about on, its more expensive dan fuelling ma generator, I bet u when Nigeria starts generating 24h electricity, it would be as cheap as pure water, incase u don't know lemme tell u that any Nigerian in ghana for education is a very dull lad dat couldn't pass jamb to enter a university here and choose ghana as auternative cos u guys just admit cos of money. Abeg make una no dey deceive una sef 9ja na ur papa don't be a prodigal country

2 Likes

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by Jiggaman101: 9:37am On Dec 27, 2013
Olawale slimfit: Ghana! Ghana!! Ghana!!! I can't believe u gays are trying to compare Nigeria to your worthless country. Forget ur useless electricity u are ranting about on, its more expensive dan fuelling ma generator, I bet u when Nigeria starts generating 24h electricity, it would be as cheap as pure water, incase u don't know lemme tell u that any Nigerian in ghana for education is a very dull lad dat couldn't pass jamb to enter a university here and choose ghana as auternative cos u guys just admit cos of money. Abeg make una no dey deceive una sef 9ja na ur papa don't be a prodigal country

Sure because everything is so cheap in Nigeria. Shut up and start making sense. How much does gas cost in Nigeria compare to Ghana and you are a oil producing country. Go to sleep, not making no sense

2 Likes

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by khaniku(m): 9:38am On Dec 27, 2013
Jigga_man101:

Wow,really??Nigeria's economy is not better than ghana's.Are u talking with facts or ur just trying to defend your country.Dude,don't make such stupid statements and get ur facts right.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) ... (21) (Reply)

Good Reasons On Selling Products Using Online Advertising / CBN Officially Devalues Naira / Otedola Visits Dangote’s Oil Refinery, Petrochemical Plant In Lagos (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 85
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.