Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,298 members, 7,910,562 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 11:58 AM

Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth - Business (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth (57431 Views)

Confessions Of An Economic Hitman: Why Nigeria May Not Develop With Gej! / Special Report: Confessions Of A (ghanaian) Gold Scammer / Nigerian Youth Should Learn Money Making From (dangote) Worlds Richest Black Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by otumfour(m): 12:21pm On Dec 27, 2013
Cubeet: see fool o. Na power suppy i wan chop?

You post this grin grin grin grin grin

Cubeet: How many gaynas have tv, refridgerator,dstv,dvd,fan, and besides we generates more than times 2 electricity than gayna.i.diat,

then being the pig and pit latrine drinking nigerian monkey that u are, u add this ^^^^, how dumb can 1 person be? abi ur fada's nyansh u go take power those things up there grin grin grin grin

poor boko pig grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by torgbe(m): 12:25pm On Dec 27, 2013
Qelvin: Its even more interesting and rather revealing that most Africans share the same ill-feelings towards ghanaian's...i mean one would have thought they were the "Angels without sin" and i honestly had this same perception about Ghanaian's disregarding the fact that they are the most pretentious muffuckers you will ever meet,talk about demons in the guise of Angels(and for reasons that are not far-fetched as well)I just came by this page on Facebook called "All the Africans"- you guys can check it out on your Facebook(s)...and it is quite a large group of practically inculcating all the various countries in Africa with no mutual exclusiveness to foreigners as well...it was from this page that I learned a great deal about what most Africans notably Liberians feel about this devils,and one very notable thing i discovered was that most Africans harbour ill-feelings towards ghanaian's with relative experiences ranging from distrust,back-stabbing,pride,and egomania-which is surprising as one would think this are the least attributes to affiliate with a ghanaian much less a Nigerian,one country that had loads of criticism of ghana was Liberia...and the Liberians on that page went out on some sort of e-war thing against the ghanian's to a point where even some Nigerians including me had to come to the defence of this devious midgets(thank God i know better now),most of them were refugees who sought refuge after the devastating war in ghana under the auspices of the UN...and this Liberians all collectively expressed their hatred for ghanaian's for the manner of treatment they got in some concentration type camp in ghana called ''Buduburam camp''...many of them even made nasty jokes about the complexion of ghanaian's and the type of food they ate,so there is really nothing to be surprised about at this point,we need to ban and sack this bloody gaynian roaches from this respectable site like we did in the famous "Ghana must go" era...save for few investors like Mike Adenuga who keep their shitty economy running,the average Nigerian needs to earn his respect back by getting the PHUCK out of that glorified village.
seems u haven't heard what other Africans say abt naija?? the same Liberia u talking of hates naija like sh*t.. have u ever wondered why other Afrikan countries are chasing y'all out

I believe its tym for u guys to sit back n do some deep thinking on why u are hated dat much...I'm part Liberian nd I can speak on authority that Ghana is the country most loved by us.

Ghanaians mind their business n y'all still hating,just allow us enjoy our tranquility

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by shogz89: 12:26pm On Dec 27, 2013
PetroDolla2: hahahahaha you need to flush generator fumes from your weak fvcked up brain https://www.nairaland.com/782012/flushing-out-inhaled-generator-fumes

Ghana produced surplus food and even exported 200,000 metric tonnes of maize this year http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/business/artikel.php?ID=283309&comment=0#com http://www.ghanabusinessnews.com/2013/08/02/ghana-says-making-progress-in-fighting-hunger/grin how many did sh1tnigerian export? 0 tonnes! grin grin grin

200,000mt of maize to be exported this year grin grin

Ghana will be exporting 200,000 metric tonnes of maize this year to relieve the pressure on farmers whose output has exceeded local demand, Minister of Food and Agriculture Clement Kofi Humado has said.

“I have given about 70,000 metric tonnes of maize to the World Food Programme (WFP) and there is a company in Kumasi called Premium Foods that is also taking quite a large tonnage for export. Most of these exports are going to Mali,” he said. “Ghana has enough grain (rice and maize) and cassava for at least the next two years,” grin grin grin grin grin he added.

Mr. Humado, who was speaking at the signing of two financing agreements between government and the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) in Accra, said rice production has also picked up substantially with local output now accounting for 66 percent of the rice market.

The two agreements were valued at US$31.6million and intended for the development of agriculture and a sustainable environment. “Our focus is now on excess, not production, because we have passed that stage.

We have so much in the system; farmers cannot find market for the produce. The maize is there; cassava farmers have left the produce in the soil waiting for markets and all that,” Mr. Humado said.

“There are some varieties of rice like brown rice produced from Lolobi and Santrokofi near Hohoe in the Volta Region, which are being exported to Angola, UK and other countries.” The Minister said the poultry and piggery sectors will be supported through financing to enable them purchase the excess grain of farmers.

With cassava, he said the Ministry is working with some breweries -- Accra Breweries and Guinness Ghana Breweries Limited -- to set up processing plants using cassava for beer. He said the Ministry is also bringing in investors to put up warehouses across the country, “because we recognise that without reducing post-harvest losses, all our future attempts to increase production will come to zero”.

Under the first agreement, the FAO will contribute US$3.6million for the implementation of a Country Programming Framework (CPF) to support more strategic and focused engagement between government and the FAO through its technical cooperation programme.

The FAO and the government are also to jointly mobilise US$28million to finance the Agricultural Sector Wide Approach (AGRISWAp) programme intended to enhance the planning, harmonising and coordination of interventions in the sector under the second agreement.

FAO Country Representative Lamourdia Thiombiano said the CPF is co-owned by the Government of Ghana and the FAO, and explained that it is a planning and result-based management tool that will yield many dividends for the agricultural sector.

He gave the assurance that development partners and donor organisations will be engaged and presented with programmes and projects drawn from the CPF, to draw resources to finance those programmes and projects.

Lolz,,, y won't their be surplus, when Ghana is not as big as four local government in crossriver,,, the little that Nigeria produce is larger than the total Ghana consume and export
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by mikeapollo: 12:27pm On Dec 27, 2013
rhymz: like Nightshift succinctly put it, Ghana is not a country known for any serious economic activities, Lagos has far more economic activities than the whole of Ghana, why Nigerians keep going there to trade is beyond me.

Besides, an average educated Ghanaian is an xenophobe of some sort, full of unspoken jealousy and will show it the moment the opportunity shows itself. We have read about their obnoxious economic policies that requires foreigners to pay huge sums to do business in Ghana, little wonder their economy is still largely driven by foreigners.

Abeg people should stop complaining and just come back home and settle, Ghana is not Europe, it has no comparative advantage to being in Nigeria.

This is how we expose our foolishness. The issue is not whether there are more economic activities in Nigeria than Ghana. The issue which environmenet makes you more competitive! Which one do you prefer......a place where there is no electricity, no security, no night market/economic activties, a place where you cannot get a taxi/bus to your home after 10pm, no public water, no nightlife, no orderliness, no law, where people drive against traffic, no stable university education system, reckless human behaviours, no respect for traffic laws, terrorisms, thuggery, political violence, total chaos........and a place where you can use your modest income to enjoy stable electricity, water, good nightlife, organised/orderly society, law abiding, peaceful, where people dont drive against traffic, stable educational system etc.

It is better I enjoy the little money/business I have in Ghana with peace of mind in a decent society instead of doing big business in Nigeria and be living in fear, terror and total confusion!

How many Nigerian adults(below 50years) have ever enoyed/experienced 24 hours steady electricity for 3months at a stretch in their life-time?

2 Likes

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by agadez007(m): 12:27pm On Dec 27, 2013
you ghanaians may try to deny it but its every ghana girls dream to have a nigerian boyfriend then take her to nigeria maybe then marry her,they know we naijas are wise and hardworking and thats why they(ghana girls) are always ever ready to open their legs for naija boys cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
true tori,no wonder yvonne ugly nelson wanted to commit suicide when iyanya chopped her ugly ghanaian plantain and dumped her grin grin grin and nadia bleaching is following our own jim iyke bumper to bumper chaiiiii
check out,tufia,ghana

[url=vibeghana.com/2011/10/31/shocking-whites-only-restaurant-in-ghana/]WHITE ONLY RESTAURANTS IN GHANA[/url] dumb white worshippers
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by PetroDolla2: 12:28pm On Dec 27, 2013
Evestar200: cheesy Damn!! This dude tot i was black and ugly like many gaynians nt knwing am an Angel to many gaynain,,no wonder many gaynain are over me on Facebook

grin grin grin grin grin,

grin grin grin
oh dear oh dear what is this holier-than-thou cvnt saying? what a lazy cvnt. now I know sh1tnigeria is full of abhorrent scvmbag cvnts grin grin grin
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by torgbe(m): 12:28pm On Dec 27, 2013
barikay: Bros no vex oo. Are u talking ghana hav mushroom universities? How many villages or rural area is on your national grid? If here, we are to link only d cities. We surpass those mediocre supply. Do knw what it means to supply power to d entire length & breathe of naija?
keep on suffering nd smiling

2 Likes

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by mikeapollo: 12:30pm On Dec 27, 2013
agadez007: you ghanaians may try to deny it but its every ghana girls dream to have a nigerian boyfriend then take her to nigeria maybe then marry her,they know we naijas are wise and hardworking and thats why they(ghana girls) are always ever ready to open their legs for naija boys cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
true tori,no wonder yvonne ugly nelson wanted to commit suicide when iyanya chopped her ugly ghanaian plantain and dumped her grin grin grin and nadia bleaching is following our own jim iyke bumper to bumper chaiiiii
check out,tufia,ghana

[url=vibeghana.com/2011/10/31/shocking-whites-only-restaurant-in-ghana/]WHITE ONLY RESTAURANTS IN GHANA[/url] dumb white worshippers

Go and see the number of Nigerians girls doing prostituition on the streets of Ghana! You would be shocked. Every corner in Accra is full of Nigerian prostitutes.....from teenagers to adults

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by boron10(m): 12:31pm On Dec 27, 2013
PetroDolla2:

Look, you should be grateful that some Ghanaians can find the time to come here and comment on issues, even if they don't concern Ghana. ask Seun if the presence of Ghanaians here has not been a major boost for his site. why do you think anything concerning Ghana gets front page attention on nairaland? you see Ghanaians bring something special to wherever they go and I am talking from experience.

look at somebody like Bin Gbagbo, a guy like him should be a superMOD on NL because he's very creative and fun, and will bring something new to the site.

you'll soon get tired of yorubas bashing igbos, and vice versa,huh?

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin gringrin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by torgbe(m): 12:31pm On Dec 27, 2013
boron10:
Omo Ghana Charcoal republic, shey you go shut up now?
Omo Nigger-area bleaching-to-death republic..go and die.
We better than y'all

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by Cubeet: 12:33pm On Dec 27, 2013
PetroDolla2:

CHAN 2014 SHAME: Home-based Eagles lack training kits grin
December 22, 2013 by ’Tana Aiyejina
[url] http://www.punchng.com/sports/chan-2014-shame-home-based-eagles-lack-training-kits/[/url]

As the 2014 African Nations Championship in January draws nearer, the Super Eagles are reportedly short of Adidas training kits, thus resorting to sub-standard kits in preparation for the event, reports ’TANA AIYEJINA

As African football fans anxiously await the commencement of the 2014 African Nations Championship, scheduled for South Africa from January 11 to February 1, it is not the same story for Nigeria’s home-based Super Eagles, who are making their debut in the competition.
The Eagles are taking part in the competition exclusively designed for African players active in their domestic leagues, for the first time, having failed to qualify for the two previous events in Cote d’Ivoire (2009) and Sudan (2011).

But our correspondent gathered exclusively that the team, which began preparations for the championship on December 10 in Abuja, with coach Stephen Keshi inviting 30 players to camp, have no training kits.

It was learnt that the players were made to settle for sub-standard kits reportedly bought in Lagos by the football federation.
An official of the team, who pleaded anonymity, said the players have been alternating the few training kits left.
He said, “As I speak to you, the national team doesn’t have kits in camp with few weeks to the 2014 CHAN. Chidi (an official of the team in charge of balls and kits) was sent to the market to buy kits last week.

“When we asked for the kits, we were told that some were shared to government officials and the others to the junior national teams. We don’t knoww the manner of contract they signed with Adidas.”

All efforts to reach the media officer of the team, Ben Alaiya, proved abortive as his phone was switched off.
However, when our correspondent called the Nigeria Football Federation spokesman, Ademola Olajire, for his reaction, he replied, “Let’s talk later. I don’t understand what you are saying.”

One of the players in camp, who also pleaded not to be named, said it was a dishonour to the home-based players.
“I don’t know why they are treating us like this. Is it because we are home-based players? The foreign-based pros cannot be treated like this,” he said.

Former Eagles centre-back, Taribo West, lamented the sad development, saying it was worrisome that the team had no kits to train with ahead of a major competition like CHAN.

The Atlanta ’96 Olympic Games gold medalist said it was part of efforts by some people to frustrate the efforts of Keshi.
Taribo said, “In our time (in the Eagles) the officials even gave out the kits to their girlfriends. Somebody can just lock them somewhere just to punish the boys because they are home-based.

“They will do everything to frustrate the team because they want Keshi to fail. They said ex-internationals were not good coaches. Keshi came in and has been giving us favourable results but they want the downfall of the man and the team. However, they won’t succeed.”

ode, read any article b4 u copy and paste. There was a misunderstanding between Nff and adidas, it was not financially caused
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by otumfour(m): 12:33pm On Dec 27, 2013
Evestar200: cheesy Damn!! This dude tot i was black and ugly like many gaynians nt knwing am an Angel to many gaynain,,no wonder many gaynain are over me on Facebook

grin grin grin grin grin,

grin grin grin

grin grin grin grin grin grin

If u actually believe u look like an angel, then Obasanjo looks better than Desmond Elliot, wakeup from ur slumber bytch, cuz ur ugly as fhurk......coupled wit that skinny-boney body of urs grin grin grin grin grin bet ur arzz so flat, frying pans be envying u grin grin grin grin grin

evestar200 be like

2 Likes

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by mikeapollo: 12:34pm On Dec 27, 2013
Soldier kills student at Checkpoint in Kastina

http://premiumtimesng.com/news/152132-soldiers-kill-passenger-check-point-katsina.html

This is the kind of nonesense that does not happen in Ghana

3 Likes

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by shogz89: 12:34pm On Dec 27, 2013
Thank you ghanians,, it's getting late time to go home,,,,, last I checked its Nairaland and not cediland,,,,, go create your forum and stop flooding here like the blackest men that you are,, na Nigeria I blame sha... op stay for your papa house
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by PetroDolla2: 12:34pm On Dec 27, 2013
agadez007: you ghanaians may try to deny it but its every ghana girls dream to have a nigerian boyfriend then take her to nigeria maybe then marry her,they know we naijas are wise and hardworking and thats why they(ghana girls) are always ever ready to open their legs for naija boys cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
check out,tufia,ghana

https://www.nairaland.com/1196697/blessed-white-victoria-pepple-stv-white/1
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by Nobody: 12:36pm On Dec 27, 2013
pri3stess: Wetin una dey do for Ghana self? They are just showing us pepper for what we did to them back in the 80s.
LOL...#Ghana Must Go

I been tink say dem don forgive us oohh
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by PetroDolla2: 12:36pm On Dec 27, 2013
mikeapollo:

Go and see the number of Nigerians girls doing prostituition on the streets of Ghana! You would be shocked. Every corner in Accra is full of Nigerian prostitutes.....from teenagers to adults
GBAM
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by torgbe(m): 12:36pm On Dec 27, 2013
mikeapollo:

came back home for the xmas n very amazed at the rise in number of nigger-area gurlz practicing their damn service on our streets..I sometimes wonder who the phuck patronise this urggly bleached bittchezz

I most def believe they are soughted by their igbo hustlers here in GH. .I just weep for naija at times

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by tonychristopher: 12:37pm On Dec 27, 2013
Unbelievable right? Well believe, because it
exists, and ONLY white people are registered
members. This happens because some
foreigners who live in Ghana think Ghanaians
are inferior to them. The abuse continues, here
is a verbatim account of what happened to a
Ghanaian lady.
“I wish to bring to light an incident that
occurred in a restaurant that I visited recently
that has left me dumbfounded and completely
infuriated that this could happen in our
country..
Atlantic Lobster and Dolphin Ltd is a shop down
Papaye road in Osu which deals in seafood.
They recently opened an open air restaurant
above their shop serving seafood.
They have recently converted the restaurant into
a “degustation club” for lovers of seafood. There
is a GHc20 registration fee and you are then
issue with a membership card.
My 2nd visit there was on the evening of 26th
October. I was invited there by a Japanese
colleague who is a member of the club and we
went with another colleague who is
Spanish.After our meal our host (my Japanese
colleague) asked for the receipt upon which we
were presented with a piece of paper bearing a
handwritten amount of GHc180. When he
insisted on a proper receipt one of the Italian
owners by name AXL told us that this was all
they gave as they were a club and not a
restaurant. My colleague was told that if he
insists on a receipt he would have to come to
the shop the following day to be issued with a
“receipt” for the purchase of seafood from the
shop and not for the food we had consumed.
Nevertheless, as our Spanish colleague wanted
to join the club too our host informed the
owners and they fetched their membership
register for him to join. At that point, I asked if
I could also join to which he replied “No, it is for
white people only” and then laughed. I was
completely taken aback and rendered
speechless that this man could have the
effrontery to make such a bigoted and racist
statement. We left the restaurant shortly
thereafter.
It is my sincere hope that this matter will be
taken up by your good selves and the public
made aware that such an establishment is our
midst. We cannot be subjected to open racism in
our own country and we need to send a clear
message to expatriates living here who mistreat
their local staff and look down upon us
Ghanaians that we WILL NOT stand for it.
Source: Amma Bonsu
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by coachwilcox(m): 12:38pm On Dec 27, 2013
Ghana facts as a Naija living there

1. Ghana's stable electricity is powered by the West African Gas pipeline coming from Naija which was mostly flared but is now given almost free to fuel their second power plant. Sometime ago when the pipe leaked the electricity situation was worse than Naijas. Light off all the time.

2. Many ordinary Ghanaians do not understand the dependence of their govt on foreign aid, donations, grants, loans etc. Including from Nigerian govt but their leaders know so they tread carefully. Even their police got over 100 vans from Obasanjo not too long ago.

3. Jobs have been created in Ghana because of many investors from Nigeria. Glo alone invested over USD800m to launch. Not to forget 5 big banks that are Naija shareholders owned, insurance companies. Even the multi million dollar foreign students fees from a growing tertiary institution industry is sustained by 90% naija foreign students.

4. The Ghanaian cedi is losing heavily to the naira/dollar at an alarming rate. When I arrived here in 2011 it was 1 dollar to 1.4 cedis but it hit 1 to 2.2 in a little over 1 year. Many businesses are even dollar denominated and I never paid the same cedi amount for Dstv over a year.

5. Ghanaians have a strong sense of entitlement and expect their govt to do everything for them.

6. Ghanaians do not like to compete. For investors, all the big foreign businesses are expected to deposit USD300,000 before they can do business (who does that?). For retail businesses which Naija people are more saavy and industrious about, they resist entry.

7. Ghanaian men are emasculated and its largely a feminised society. Women are more prominent and assertive. Many single mothers, divorcees, landladies etc

8. The average Naija boy wants to hustle via any means to make it. The Ghanaian boy dreams of buying a taxi and driving tourists around. Taxis in Ghana are sooo much...

9. Economically, most investors in ghana are broken down into
a. Lebanese and co who basically do retail business. Import and sell consumer goods which in no way improves the economy.
b. Chinese who front with restaurants and shops but are actually stealing gold in Obuasi
c. European and American who mostly run foundations, NGOs, international orgs and co.
d. Nigerians who set up big businesses a la the banks and insurance coys, retail business, SMEs(which is very important for growth) and the shady businesses which still bring income a la Sakawa and co

10. The Ghanaian govt is getting clueless as to how to raise funds cause deir GDP to debt ratio is increasing. As a result all they do is tax, tax, tax, increase tariffs and levy their people. They forget that their period of perceived prosperity was when Kuffour (a friend to OBJ) opened up their economy and allowed many Nigerian foreign investors to come in. When Atta Mills closed it up, the decline began and has continued ever since.

In conclusion the average Ghanaian is delusional and clueless as to where their prosperity is coming from but their govt knows better. I suggest all Naijas pull out and see how this economy will come crashing down. The only luck they have is that Benin and Togo are francophone cause if they were Anglo......Those colonial peeps

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by torgbe(m): 12:39pm On Dec 27, 2013
shogz89: Thank you ghanians,, it's getting late time to go home,,,,, last I checked its Nairaland and not cediland,,,,, go create your forum and stop flooding here like the blackest men that you are,, na Nigeria I blame sha... op stay for your papa house
the cry babies at it again..Nairaland with Gh topics abi..
shut that stingy mouth up nd crawl back to Ur cage
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by ugonna1054(m): 12:40pm On Dec 27, 2013
No talking too much Ghana has say 25m citizens yet not 50% can Boast of Good standard of living oya dash dem xtra 145million people sodat dey equal the 170million Nigerians then come back to compare and I'll listen.
#GHANA MUST GO#
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by tonychristopher: 12:40pm On Dec 27, 2013
Dr. Michael J.K. Bokor
Thursday, December 26, 2013
My good friends, thanks to Providence, we are
celebrating another Yuletide season and wishing
each other “all the best that life offers”. Good to
go that way because as human beings, we are
gregarious and should ensure that group
interests are protected. But beyond that is the
individual interest too to realize.
Here is the catch. Our celebration of the coming
and going of seasons won’t place us where we
want to be unless we take steps to turn the
table in our favour.
“Life is war”, as we say in Ghana, which is why
it is important for us to know where to pick the
pieces and why picking the pieces should place
our country where it should be so we can stop
complaining about the dire circumstances in
which our people live.
And it all has to do with the kind of preparation
that is given the people to play their part in
nation-building. That is where education—formal
education, I mean—comes in. And there have
been perennial complaints about the
inadequacies of our education system—not
necessarily because it has failed to train us into
“parrots” or “copy cats” but because it hasn’t
helped us solve pertinent problems to move our
country forward: a fact that no sane Ghanaian
can afford to ignore or deny!!
Ghanaians have been complaining about
unemployment for many years. And there is
even an Association of Unemployed Graduates
in Ghana to accentuate that reality!!
One thing that I have stumbled upon on my
rounds to explain a particular problem that the
youth in Ghana face in their struggle to chart a
proper path in life is the lack of guidance and
counselling, especially at the formative stages in
life when they most need to be informed about
the vicissitudes of life and how the career
choices they settle on can make or mar their
lives.
I have been to many places and seen many
things to persuade me that the kind of
education system that we have in Ghana (since
the immediate independence era) hasn’t helped
the Ghanaian youth to know how to deal with
life in school or after school just because of the
lack of guidance and counselling. In other
countries, structures are in place to help the
youth know where to go after schooling. And the
youth don’t fear the future for as long as they
know how to navigate the alleys of life-after-
school.
I have known it for a fact that the youth in
those systems are guided right from the
moment they enter the formal school system to
identify their naturally talented areas and be
helped to explore those areas without spreading
themselves too thin.
My many years in the United States have
exposed me to this reality. It may be so in other
countries, which is why those countries create
opportunities for the individual to realize his or
her own aspirations for the good of the society.
In Ghana, we have a mixed-bag kind of
situation that hasn’t helped us in any way. The
Ghana Education Service doesn’t even see
anything about individual talents or future
aspirations of students in the system. Neither
does the Ministry of Education do so. In effect,
every student entering the system is lumped up
together with the rest and general education
imposed on all to make them jacks of all trades
but masters of none.
In consequence, then, the Ghanaian system of
education is good at giving general education
that produces nothing concrete to boost national
development. The students take all courses and
end up being confused and not really being
guided toward specific strongholds on which
they can depend to make their presence felt.
General education is good inasmuch as it can
produce an individual who knows a bit about
everything but it has its down side too, which is
terrifying in our present-day Ghanaian situation.
It cannot give that individual the skills to
contribute anything concrete to solve any
particular problem in any field.
It all boils down to the lack of guidance and
counselling. Let me cut a long story short to say
that there are many avenues for helping the
Ghanaian student to become more productive
than what we have had all these years.
Why is it difficult for the Ministry of Education
and the Ghana Education Service to adjust to
the demands of contemporary times and
introduce guidance and counselling as
imperatives in the education of Ghanaian
students? Guidance and Counselling units at the
various schools, well-staffed with people who
know what the field is about can go a long way
to address pertinent needs.
I have a hunch, which is that many job
opportunities exist to absorb the Ghanaian
graduates if only the officials at the Ministry of
Education and the Ghana Education Service can
be progressive in their thoughts and attitudes to
help give the requisite guidance and counselling
support that the students need so they don’t go
about plowing the entire field and reaping
nothing.
The worsening unemployment problem is
attributable to this condition. Will our authorities
think outside the box to help our youth chart
better paths in life? What is the value of
education if it can’t help the individual fit into
the society to improve conditions?
All the billions of hard-earned money being
spent on education won’t translate into anything
beneficial for the country if the “educated”
youth cannot fit into the society, that is, be
employed after many years of being in the
classroom. Why are our leaders so lazy upstairs?
It is annoying to realize that the Ghana
Education Service has been decentralized and
has Directorates in all the districts of the country
but cannot do anything to improve the situation.
In effect, all that the tax-payer’s blood, sweat,
and tears pump into sustaining the Ghana
Education Service doesn’t produce anything
beneficial to assure the society of a brighter
future. It has all along been a drain.
Are we Ghanaians so handicapped in our
thinking abilities not to know how to make
education serve our purposes so we can use
education to improve our standards?
I shall return…
E-mail: mjbokor@yahoo.com
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by torgbe(m): 12:41pm On Dec 27, 2013
coachwilcox: Ghana facts as a Naija living there

1. Ghana's stable electricity is powered by the West African Gas pipeline coming from Naija which was mostly flared but is now given almost free to fuel their second power plant. Sometime ago when the pipe leaked the electricity situation was worse than Naijas. Light off all the time.

2. Many ordinary Ghanaians do not understand the dependence of their govt on foreign aid, donations, grants, loans etc. Including from Nigerian govt but their leaders know so they tread carefully. Even their police got over 100 vans from Obasanjo not too long ago.

3. Jobs have been created in Ghana because of many investors from Nigeria. Glo alone invested over USD800m to launch. Not to forget 5 big banks that are Naija shareholders owned, insurance companies. Even the multi million dollar foreign students fees from a growing tertiary institution industry is sustained by 90% naija foreign students.

4. The Ghanaian cedi is losing heavily to the naira/dollar at an alarming rate. When I arrived here in 2011 it was 1 dollar to 1.4 cedis but it hit 1 to 2.2 in a little over 1 year. Many businesses are even dollar denominated and I never paid the same cedi amount for Dstv over a year.

5. Ghanaians have a strong sense of entitlement and expect their govt to do everything for them.

6. Ghanaians do not like to compete. For investors, all the big foreign businesses are expected to deposit USD300,000 before they can do business (who does that?). For retail businesses which Naija people are more saavy and industrious about, they resist entry.

7. Ghanaian men are emasculated and its largely a feminised society. Women are more prominent and assertive. Many single mothers, divorcees, landladies etc

8. The average Naija boy wants to hustle via any means to make it. The Ghanaian boy dreams of buying a taxi and driving tourists around. Taxis in Ghana are sooo much...

9. Economically, most investors in ghana are broken down into
a. Lebanese and co who basically do retail business. Import and sell consumer goods which in no way improves the economy.
b. Chinese who front with restaurants and shops but are actually stealing gold in Obuasi
c. European and American who mostly run foundations, NGOs, international orgs and co.
d. Nigerians who set up big businesses a la the banks and insurance coys, retail business, SMEs(which is very important for growth) and the shady businesses which still bring income a la Sakawa and co

10. The Ghanaian govt is getting clueless as to how to raise funds cause deir GDP to debt ratio is increasing. As a result all they do is tax, tax, tax, increase tariffs and levy their people. They forget that their period of perceived prosperity was when Kuffour (a friend to OBJ) opened up their economy and allowed many Nigerian foreign investors to come in. When Atta Mills closed it up, the decline began and has continued ever since.

In conclusion the average Ghanaian is delusional and clueless as to where their prosperity is coming from but their govt knows better. I suggest all Naijas pull out and see how this economy will come crashing down. The only luck they have is that Benin and Togo are francophone cause if they were Anglo......Those colonial peeps
after all these nonsen.se who izz crying wolf...
Bunch of. funny retards

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by coachwilcox(m): 12:44pm On Dec 27, 2013
torgbe: after all these nonsen.se who izz crying wolf...
Bunch of. funny retards

Go home Torgbe you're drunk. On mandingo and her afrique most likely hahahahaha
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by PetroDolla2: 12:45pm On Dec 27, 2013
torgbe: after all these nonsen.se who izz crying wolf...
Bunch of. funny retards
don't mind the modafaka! he's not even ashamed to say he lives in Ghana! rubbish mumugerian
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by Evestar200(f): 12:48pm On Dec 27, 2013
otumfour:

grin grin grin grin grin grin

If u actually believe u look like an angel, then we ghanaians are really ugly infact we are the most ugly pple on earth,, ir time for me wakeup from my slumber me fool , cuz nigeria girls are too beautiful to be compare black dwarf ugly ghana girls ......coupled wit that skinny-boney body of thrs grin grin grin grin grin bet ghana gals arzz so flat, frying pans be envying them grin grin grin grin grin

ghana girls be like

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by Cubeet: 12:50pm On Dec 27, 2013
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by tonychristopher: 12:51pm On Dec 27, 2013
Lack of guidance and
counselling: The main bane of
formal education in Ghana
December 26, 2013 | Filed under: Opinions
| Posted by: Dr. Michael Bokor
By Dr. Michael J.K. Bokor
Thursday, December 26, 2013
My good friends, thanks to Providence, we are
celebrating another Yuletide season and wishing
each other “all the best that life offers”. Good to
go that way because as human beings, we are
gregarious and should ensure that group
interests are protected. But beyond that is the
individual interest too to realize.
Here is the catch. Our celebration of the coming
and going of seasons won’t place us where we
want to be unless we take steps to turn the
table in our favour.
“Life is war”, as we say in Ghana, which is why
it is important for us to know where to pick the
pieces and why picking the pieces should place
our country where it should be so we can stop
complaining about the dire circumstances in
which our people live.
And it all has to do with the kind of preparation
that is given the people to play their part in
nation-building. That is where education—formal
education, I mean—comes in. And there have
been perennial complaints about the
inadequacies of our education system—not
necessarily because it has failed to train us into
“parrots” or “copy cats” but because it hasn’t
helped us solve pertinent problems to move our
country forward: a fact that no sane Ghanaian
can afford to ignore or deny!!
Ghanaians have been complaining about
unemployment for many years. And there is
even an Association of Unemployed Graduates
in Ghana to accentuate that reality!!
One thing that I have stumbled upon on my
rounds to explain a particular problem that the
youth in Ghana face in their struggle to chart a
proper path in life is the lack of guidance and
counselling, especially at the formative stages in
life when they most need to be informed about
the vicissitudes of life and how the career
choices they settle on can make or mar their
lives.
I have been to many places and seen many
things to persuade me that the kind of
education system that we have in Ghana (since
the immediate independence era) hasn’t helped
the Ghanaian youth to know how to deal with
life in school or after school just because of the
lack of guidance and counselling. In other
countries, structures are in place to help the
youth know where to go after schooling. And the
youth don’t fear the future for as long as they
know how to navigate the alleys of life-after-
school.
I have known it for a fact that the youth in
those systems are guided right from the
moment they enter the formal school system to
identify their naturally talented areas and be
helped to explore those areas without spreading
themselves too thin.
My many years in the United States have
exposed me to this reality. It may be so in other
countries, which is why those countries create
opportunities for the individual to realize his or
her own aspirations for the good of the society.
In Ghana, we have a mixed-bag kind of
situation that hasn’t helped us in any way. The
Ghana Education Service doesn’t even see
anything about individual talents or future
aspirations of students in the system. Neither
does the Ministry of Education do so. In effect,
every student entering the system is lumped up
together with the rest and general education
imposed on all to make them jacks of all trades
but masters of none.
In consequence, then, the Ghanaian system of
education is good at giving general education
that produces nothing concrete to boost national
development. The students take all courses and
end up being confused and not really being
guided toward specific strongholds on which
they can depend to make their presence felt.
General education is good inasmuch as it can
produce an individual who knows a bit about
everything but it has its down side too, which is
terrifying in our present-day Ghanaian situation.
It cannot give that individual the skills to
contribute anything concrete to solve any
particular problem in any field.
It all boils down to the lack of guidance and
counselling. Let me cut a long story short to say
that there are many avenues for helping the
Ghanaian student to become more productive
than what we have had all these years.
Why is it difficult for the Ministry of Education
and the Ghana Education Service to adjust to
the demands of contemporary times and
introduce guidance and counselling as
imperatives in the education of Ghanaian
students? Guidance and Counselling units at the
various schools, well-staffed with people who
know what the field is about can go a long way
to address pertinent needs.
I have a hunch, which is that many job
opportunities exist to absorb the Ghanaian
graduates if only the officials at the Ministry of
Education and the Ghana Education Service can
be progressive in their thoughts and attitudes to
help give the requisite guidance and counselling
support that the students need so they don’t go
about plowing the entire field and reaping
nothing.
The worsening unemployment problem is
attributable to this condition. Will our authorities
think outside the box to help our youth chart
better paths in life? What is the value of
education if it can’t help the individual fit into
the society to improve conditions?
All the billions of hard-earned money being
spent on education won’t translate into anything
beneficial for the country if the “educated”
youth cannot fit into the society, that is, be
employed after many years of being in the
classroom. Why are our leaders so lazy upstairs?
It is annoying to realize that the Ghana
Education Service has been decentralized and
has Directorates in all the districts of the country
but cannot do anything to improve the situation.
In effect, all that the tax-payer’s blood, sweat,
and tears pump into sustaining the Ghana
Education Service doesn’t produce anything
beneficial to assure the society of a brighter
future. It has all along been a drain.
Are we Ghanaians so handicapped in our
thinking abilities not to know how to make
education serve our purposes so we can use
education to improve our standards?
I shall return…
E-mail: mjbokor@yahoo.com
Join me on Facebook at: http://
www.facebook.com/mjkbokor to continue the
conversation.
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by donodion(m): 12:52pm On Dec 27, 2013
You people have started..like play like play turn tory to Naija vs ghana...small time South Africa go enter...Somalia go join, cameroon dey eye d show dey go,in case anyone misyan grin grin grin Naija...una no dey tire? shocked shocked..One week One trouble. undecided undecided Oga comptroller general..dem don start o grin
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by PetroDolla2: 12:54pm On Dec 27, 2013
Cubeet: what a filthy place called ghana, out of their 24million, 21million dont have toilet. I.e only less than 3million has toilet

In sh1tnigeria, young girls are impregnated and kept in secret locations. When they give birth, the babies are taken away and sold to the highest bidder! LOL. Just like they do for animals..like goats,sheep and cows! and they call it baby factories! muhahahahahahahaha grin grin grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (21) (Reply)

Good Reasons On Selling Products Using Online Advertising / CBN Officially Devalues Naira / Otedola Visits Dangote’s Oil Refinery, Petrochemical Plant In Lagos (Photo)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 129
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.