Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,172,559 members, 7,885,289 topics. Date: Wednesday, 10 July 2024 at 07:22 AM

Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth - Business (9) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth (57331 Views)

Confessions Of An Economic Hitman: Why Nigeria May Not Develop With Gej! / Special Report: Confessions Of A (ghanaian) Gold Scammer / Nigerian Youth Should Learn Money Making From (dangote) Worlds Richest Black Man (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by boron10(m): 11:28am On Dec 27, 2013
PetroDolla2: Remember we are in mumu country- MUMUDOM republic. so talking crap is allowed. in fact talking crass nonsense is the only thing mumugerians know grin ; genocidal fagg0ts cool
Omo Ghana Charcoal republic, shey you go shut up now?
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by Nobody: 11:30am On Dec 27, 2013
Jigga_man101:

Heard, heard dumb comment from a stupid human being, why font you research about the country and stop listening your jealous brothers.
hey do,poor ghanian..don't insult anybody here ...or else I will come down there to ghana and wipe off ur mama ass!!!
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by dabossman(m): 11:30am On Dec 27, 2013
In my opinion, I don't think the OP is being objective. Ghana-Naija sentiments aside, I don't know what the going rates are in Owerri, but a 3-bedroom flat even in places like Egbeda, Idimu, and Iyana Ipaja already goes for over 300K. Nepa\Phcn or Discos charge me about 9K a month for roughly an accumulated 10 days of electricity, so I'm guessing if I had power 24\7 it would be just as much as the 30K the OP's friend pays monthly in Ghana.

If it's not conducive for the guys business, then I can understand, but the living cost is not different from Naija. Haba, the average Danfo driver probably spends more than N600 daily on feeding at Iya Sidi's joint.
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by PetroDolla2: 11:31am On Dec 27, 2013
ugonna1054: only d population of ghanians in nigeria who sells GHANA BONS outweighs "50000"
grin only 50,000? do you know the number ofs nigerian ashewos in Accra alone, not to talk about Takoradi, Kumasi and other cities? I have not even added those selling coconuts, mobile phones on the streets and those criminals elements-and there are many of them. and more are coming like ants every day. I heard there are more than one million nigerian pr0stitutes in Italy alone. cool how manage? are there people still left in your sh1thole?
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by Jiggaman101: 11:35am On Dec 27, 2013
Cubeet: i.diot, why cant you mention them. You re outdated mehn, gayna z taken over crime frm Nigeria.

Because the crime infested Nigerians were allowed in Ghana especially the igbos. Since Ghana inception it was never top 5 in Africa let alone number 1 in the world when it comes to cyber crime. Flash forward to 2000s and the criminals started pouring in. Bam Ghana is number 1. The crime Ghana has committed is allowing Nigerians especially igbos into Ghana. Yorubas are quite pleasant to be around and Hausas are cool.
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by Cubeet: 11:37am On Dec 27, 2013
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by PetroDolla2: 11:39am On Dec 27, 2013
dabossman: In my opinion, I don't think the OP is being objective. Ghana-Naija sentiments aside, I don't know what the going rates are in Owerri, but a 3-bedroom flat even in places like Egbeda, Idimu, and Iyana Ipaja already goes for over 300K. Nepa\Phcn or Discos charge me about 9K a month for roughly an accumulated 10 days of electricity, so I'm guessing if I had power 24\7 it would be just as much as the 30K the OP's friend pays monthly in Ghana.

If it's not conducive for the guys business, then I can understand, but the living cost is not different from Naija. Haba, the average Danfo driver probably spends more than N600 daily on feeding at Iya Sidi's joint.
hahahahaha are you new to nairaland? this is about[b] enemy Ghana[/b] grin, so the worst picture has to be painted so as to sustain the I -better-pass-my-neighbour mentality. such bulsh1t country inhabited by sick minds. hahahahaha I just dey laugh oooooo at the stvpidity of the nigerian. no wonder Obasanjo said the country is cursed. grin
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by Evestar200(f): 11:41am On Dec 27, 2013
Talking about crime,,GHANA IS NUMBER 1 (SAKATAWA COUNTRY)
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by niyitogun(m): 11:41am On Dec 27, 2013
I see no reasons why Ghanians and Nigerians should abuse each other on a thread. If only we knew what privilege it means to have ourselves as African brothers and sisters. Rather lets be constructive in arguments and copy from each others strengths. e.g a thread like this should lead to discussions on economic concepts on determinants of prices and how this can be improved.
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by texaco1: 11:41am On Dec 27, 2013
I keep telling people ghana is not the kind of paradise some people always paint it to be.even ghanians themselves are suffering and many even want to leave ,the interesting part about is that only the educated ghanians which consitute less than 10% of their youth knows this,the remaining stay under the illusion that onc e they eat kenke and banku and light soup that Ghana is OK. Seeing the rot in the ghanian system will take one like 1month to see ,but if you visit there for a month you will be tempted to believe that all is ok with them. And to cap it all ghanians are arrogantly stupid. To say the least. Well a word is enough for the wise ,if you need a vacation you can go there but if you want to hustle and be ok please please don't go near ghana. Many nigerians are wasting away in tudu,dankwa circle and osu just roaming the streets begging nigerian visitors for 1cedi to eat.
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by hustla(m): 11:42am On Dec 27, 2013
torgbe: Please kindly stay in your country and make make it attractive to your kids. We Ghanaians have to endure enough to make my dear Ghana what it is now. I suspect you and THE USELESS nairaland mods are on a mission to denigrate my country but it wont work- WHO JAH BLESS, NO MAN CURSE. All legit Nigerian businesses are making it big time, only the illegal ones like the o.p's who do not have the $300,000 to start business are struggling. We Ghanaians love our country as it so stay in your 9ja let Ghanaians enjoy their peace

btw no one should furkinglyy tell me this is nairaland for 9jarians cuz we Ghanaians must to defend on our country whether on randland, dollarland poundland etc, wherever GH is mentioned we are surely trooping there

GOD BLESS MY HOMELAND GHANA AND MAKE IT GREAT AND STRONG, BOLD TO DEFEND FOREVER

I no blame this re.ta.Rd
No I don't
I blame our government .. Na them make citizen of mumu country wey no big pass Lagos dey fit open mouth yab us
Smh!
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by PetroDolla2: 11:51am On Dec 27, 2013
Cubeet: gaynas are really suffering, bad economy and hardship making them to start committing suicide
hahahahaha you need to flush generator fumes from your weak fvcked up brain https://www.nairaland.com/782012/flushing-out-inhaled-generator-fumes

Ghana produced surplus food and even exported 200,000 metric tonnes of maize this year http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/business/artikel.php?ID=283309&comment=0#com http://www.ghanabusinessnews.com/2013/08/02/ghana-says-making-progress-in-fighting-hunger/grin how many did sh1tnigerian export? 0 tonnes! grin grin grin

200,000mt of maize to be exported this year grin grin

Ghana will be exporting 200,000 metric tonnes of maize this year to relieve the pressure on farmers whose output has exceeded local demand, Minister of Food and Agriculture Clement Kofi Humado has said.

“I have given about 70,000 metric tonnes of maize to the World Food Programme (WFP) and there is a company in Kumasi called Premium Foods that is also taking quite a large tonnage for export. Most of these exports are going to Mali,” he said. “Ghana has enough grain (rice and maize) and cassava for at least the next two years,” grin grin grin grin grin he added.

Mr. Humado, who was speaking at the signing of two financing agreements between government and the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) in Accra, said rice production has also picked up substantially with local output now accounting for 66 percent of the rice market.

The two agreements were valued at US$31.6million and intended for the development of agriculture and a sustainable environment. “Our focus is now on excess, not production, because we have passed that stage.

We have so much in the system; farmers cannot find market for the produce. The maize is there; cassava farmers have left the produce in the soil waiting for markets and all that,” Mr. Humado said.

“There are some varieties of rice like brown rice produced from Lolobi and Santrokofi near Hohoe in the Volta Region, which are being exported to Angola, UK and other countries.” The Minister said the poultry and piggery sectors will be supported through financing to enable them purchase the excess grain of farmers.

With cassava, he said the Ministry is working with some breweries -- Accra Breweries and Guinness Ghana Breweries Limited -- to set up processing plants using cassava for beer. He said the Ministry is also bringing in investors to put up warehouses across the country, “because we recognise that without reducing post-harvest losses, all our future attempts to increase production will come to zero”.

Under the first agreement, the FAO will contribute US$3.6million for the implementation of a Country Programming Framework (CPF) to support more strategic and focused engagement between government and the FAO through its technical cooperation programme.

The FAO and the government are also to jointly mobilise US$28million to finance the Agricultural Sector Wide Approach (AGRISWAp) programme intended to enhance the planning, harmonising and coordination of interventions in the sector under the second agreement.

FAO Country Representative Lamourdia Thiombiano said the CPF is co-owned by the Government of Ghana and the FAO, and explained that it is a planning and result-based management tool that will yield many dividends for the agricultural sector.

He gave the assurance that development partners and donor organisations will be engaged and presented with programmes and projects drawn from the CPF, to draw resources to finance those programmes and projects.

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by Cubeet: 11:51am On Dec 27, 2013
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by otumfour(m): 11:52am On Dec 27, 2013
Evestar200: Talking about crime,,GHANA IS NUMBER 1 (SAKATAWA COUNTRY)

grin grin grin grin grin,

judging by the state ur lower lip is in, 1 need not be a rocket scientist to be able to conclude that ur 1 alcoholic queen, chei shocked, na so some naija babes dey gallop alcohol dry go

grin grin grin

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by Nobody: 11:52am On Dec 27, 2013
Jigga_man101:

I have lots of Liberian friends and most have good things to say about Ghana.
poor gaynian,go Bleep ur dad!!!
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by naijanoni(m): 11:53am On Dec 27, 2013
Jigga_man101:

These piece if shit website, we come here to defend our country and ghats it. Criminals who wants to converse with terrorists.
Biggest lie i've ever heard.The only person that comes here only to defend ghana alone is Petrol Dullard.
He doesnt post anything or comment except he is replying to a post thats against ghana or concerns ghana.
But you and other ghanaians create your own topics,comment on general topics(not relating to ghana).
Most of u have a bed and pillow where u sleep 24/7 here on NL
You guys are here becos nairaland.com is a fun forum.
And there is no ghanaian forum like this.
Defending ur country only comes 2nd.
Becos if not,y'all who be like Petrol Dullard who doesnt post anything or comment unless he is defending ghana.
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by PetroDolla2: 11:56am On Dec 27, 2013
hustla:

I no blame this re.ta.Rd
No I don't
I blame our government .. Na them make citizen of mumu country wey no big pass Lagos dey fit open mouth yab us
Smh!
ever heard the expression every society gets the governments it deserves? just give it up? your government is fvcked up because you nigerians are fvcked up. simplicita. or did those in your government fall from somewhere? are they not nigerians? hahahaha why do you think OBJ said your country is cursed? and you make your pathetic case even worse by insulting a blasssed country like GHANA grin grin grin

2 Likes

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by tonychristopher: 11:56am On Dec 27, 2013
PetroDolla2: and what is this goat saying? their girls can be cheap? trust me your girls are even cheaper and I am talking from experience,goat. you come across as a deluded, sh1tty lunatic. better focus on how to take sh1tnigeri from the dustbin. some of your fellow countrymen eat from dustbins andss sleep under bridges, 92% of your people survive on less than $2 a day, life expectancy is your miserable country is a paltry 52 years. that should agitate your mind,ediot. Even the Liberians you mentioned, Ghana supplied Monrovia with electricity in the post-conflict era. we also trained them in many areas,. including the immigration service.

evil scvmbag you are seriously a waste of sperm

here in lagos there are works that nigerians cant do it just ghana dudes do the jobs like menial jobs,laying of tiles and other low jobs...how can somebody say nigerians are eating from dustbins ...to be sure of ghana stupidity they brought one crude form of music called azonto we nigerian refined it and the world relaized is our export chris brown acknowladge whiz kid on that ...this is to show how uncreative ghananians are. women even rule them thats why they shout motherland....bunch of low life retards.thats why barotelli wont wnat anuthing to do with them. just tell me just one good thing from ghana.chinese,nigerian and lebenese are ripping them off in their kente kasapreko drinking retard country.

i hate laid back people ....they have to feel intimitaded by nigerian cos we take no prisoners.we dominate and re colonise ...oh this is the day after boxing day.bro bring it on ....
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by Cubeet: 11:58am On Dec 27, 2013
PetroDolla2: hahahahaha you need to flush generator fumes from your weak fvcked up brain https://www.nairaland.com/782012/flushing-out-inhaled-generator-fumes

Ghana produced surplus food and even exported 200,000 metric tonnes of maize this year http://www.ghanaweb.com/GhanaHomePage/business/artikel.php?ID=283309&comment=0#com http://www.ghanabusinessnews.com/2013/08/02/ghana-says-making-progress-in-fighting-hunger/grin how many did sh1tnigerian export? 0 tonnes! grin grin grin

200,000mt of maize to be exported this year grin grin

Ghana will be exporting 200,000 metric tonnes of maize this year to relieve the pressure on farmers whose output has exceeded local demand, Minister of Food and Agriculture Clement Kofi Humado has said.

“I have given about 70,000 metric tonnes of maize to the World Food Programme (WFP) and there is a company in Kumasi called Premium Foods that is also taking quite a large tonnage for export. Most of these exports are going to Mali,” he said. “Ghana has enough grain (rice and maize) and cassava for at least the next two years,” grin grin grin grin grin he added.

Mr. Humado, who was speaking at the signing of two financing agreements between government and the Food and Agriculture Organisation (FAO) in Accra, said rice production has also picked up substantially with local output now accounting for 66 percent of the rice market.

The two agreements were valued at US$31.6million and intended for the development of agriculture and a sustainable environment. “Our focus is now on excess, not production, because we have passed that stage.

We have so much in the system; farmers cannot find market for the produce. The maize is there; cassava farmers have left the produce in the soil waiting for markets and all that,” Mr. Humado said.

“There are some varieties of rice like brown rice produced from Lolobi and Santrokofi near Hohoe in the Volta Region, which are being exported to Angola, UK and other countries.” The Minister said the poultry and piggery sectors will be supported through financing to enable them purchase the excess grain of farmers.

With cassava, he said the Ministry is working with some breweries -- Accra Breweries and Guinness Ghana Breweries Limited -- to set up processing plants using cassava for beer. He said the Ministry is also bringing in investors to put up warehouses across the country, “because we recognise that without reducing post-harvest losses, all our future attempts to increase production will come to zero”.

Under the first agreement, the FAO will contribute US$3.6million for the implementation of a Country Programming Framework (CPF) to support more strategic and focused engagement between government and the FAO through its technical cooperation programme.

The FAO and the government are also to jointly mobilise US$28million to finance the Agricultural Sector Wide Approach (AGRISWAp) programme intended to enhance the planning, harmonising and coordination of interventions in the sector under the second agreement.

FAO Country Representative Lamourdia Thiombiano said the CPF is co-owned by the Government of Ghana and the FAO, and explained that it is a planning and result-based management tool that will yield many dividends for the agricultural sector.

He gave the assurance that development partners and donor organisations will be engaged and presented with programmes and projects drawn from the CPF, to draw resources to finance those programmes and projects.

YOUR TOTALL AGRICULTURAL PRODUCT AND YOUR ACCLAIMED FOOD CANT FEED OYO STATE ALONE, TALKLESS OF OTHER PLACES IN NIGERIA
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by rhymz(m): 11:59am On Dec 27, 2013
dabossman: In my opinion, I don't think the OP is being objective. Ghana-Naija sentiments aside, I don't know what the going rates are in Owerri, but a 3-bedroom flat even in places like Egbeda, Idimu, and Iyana Ipaja already goes for over 300K. Nepa\Phcn or Discos charge me about 9K a month for roughly an accumulated 10 days of electricity, so I'm guessing if I had power 24\7 it would be just as much as the 30K the OP's friend pays monthly in Ghana.

You are q lier, which Nepa charges you 9k every month for 10 days supply.....nigga I live in Lagos too in a 3-bedroom flat apartment, I don't pay 9k as Nepa bills.....I doubt if Egbeda or idimu or iyana ipaja has costlier apartments than surulere where I live, so what's your point.
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by otumfour(m): 11:59am On Dec 27, 2013
@ my Ghanaian brothers on here, jiggaman, Ghana oga, torgbe and of course my partner petrodollars, y'all holding it down well grin grin grin grin grin

these animals no dey shame oooo,

At least the OP juz confirmed 1 thing, that Ghana has constant power supply grin grin grin grin grin

GOD BLESS MY HOMELAND GHANA!!!!!!!!

I'm damn proud of my country, tho' we ain't there yet, we trying.

When are nigerians ever gonna stop complaining about other countries trying to put their country in order and focus on their own damn country ehn?

omo alata which way na?

grin grin grin grin grin

3 Likes

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by otumfour(m): 12:03pm On Dec 27, 2013
PetroDolla2: ever heard the expression every society gets the governments it deserves? just give it up? your government is fvcked up because you nigerians are fvcked up. simplicita. or did those in your government fall from somewhere? are they not nigerians? hahahaha why do you think OBJ said your country is cursed? and you make your pathetic case even worse by insulting a blasssed country like GHANA grin grin grin

@bolded, till they realize this , I ain't gone lie, they'll keep getting fhucked in their a/n/u/s

they refuse to question their government but are quick to question others undecided, who tha fhuck does some shyt like that undecided

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by okoromss(m): 12:04pm On Dec 27, 2013
Ghana kei! Sometimes una dey mk me shame o.... how can any1 in his right mind leave nigeria to ghana to hustle... how much dem get 4 ghana? Even school mata nai dey pain me pass... u go leave all the numerous school wen dey 9ja dey go ghana go school?U well even if strike dey y not go to a private schools...na wa 4 u o...
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by CuteDude53(m): 12:05pm On Dec 27, 2013
lordhugo: [size=20pt]Pictures of ghana with you in a cab. Or in front of a statue or it never happened. [/size]
Na copy and paste article grin
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by Evestar200(f): 12:06pm On Dec 27, 2013
In sports Nigeria is by Far ahead of ghana,,ghana has 4 medals(1 silver and 3 bronze) in the history of olympics,,still searching for A gold While bigbrother Nigeria have 23 ( 3gold 8 silver and 12 bronze) in basketball we are ahead of them in male and female,,same with volleyball,teakwodo,,Cricket,gymnastics,,track and field event,,swiming,,cycling .e.t.c they only rub shoulder in football which we are ahead of mosly our female teams are by far ahead of them,,so whats the fuss,,ghana that cannot afford $3,000 to give to their only representatives to represent them in 1AAF Junior championship this year and didnt even any representatives in the 2013 1AAF championship. Chaley abeg nor dy argue trash

1 Like

Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by PetroDolla2: 12:07pm On Dec 27, 2013
naija noni:
Biggest lie i've ever heard.The only person that comes here only to defend ghana alone is Petrol Dullard.
He doesnt post anything or comment except he is replying to a post thats against ghana or concerns ghana.
But you and other ghanaians create your own topics,comment on general topics(not relating to ghana).
Most of u have a bed and pillow where u sleep 24/7 here on NL
You guys are here becos nairaland.com is a fun forum.
And there is no ghanaian forum like this.
Defending ur country only comes 2nd.
Becos if not,y'all who be like Petrol Dullard who doesnt post anything or comment unless he is defending ghana.

Look, you should be grateful that some Ghanaians can find the time to come here and comment on issues, even if they don't concern Ghana. ask Seun if the presence of Ghanaians here has not been a major boost for his site. why do you think anything concerning Ghana gets front page attention on nairaland? you see Ghanaians bring something special to wherever they go and I am talking from experience.

look at somebody like Bin Gbagbo, a guy like him should be a superMOD on NL because he's very creative and fun, and will bring something new to the site.

you'll soon get tired of yorubas bashing igbos, and vice versa,huh?
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by Cubeet: 12:07pm On Dec 27, 2013
otumfour: @ my Ghanaian brothers on here, jiggaman, Ghana oga, torgbe and of course my partner petrodollars, y'all holding it down well grin grin grin grin grin

At least the OP juz confirmed 1 thing, that Ghana has constant power supply grin grin grin grin grin

When are nigerians ever gonna stop complaining about other countries trying to put their country in order and focus on their own damn country ehn?

omo alata which way na?

grin grin grin grin grin
see fool o. Na power suppy i wan chop? How many gaynas have tv, refridgerator,dstv,dvd,fan, and besides we generates more than times 2 electricity than gayna.i.diat,
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by officialmsright(f): 12:08pm On Dec 27, 2013
niyitogun: I see no reasons why Ghanians and Nigerians should abuse each other on a thread. If only we knew what privilege it means to have ourselves as African brothers and sisters. Rather lets be constructive in arguments and copy from each others strengths. e.g a thread like this should lead to discussions on economic concepts on determinants of prices and how this can be improved.
Abegi help me tell them sha
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by PetroDolla2: 12:09pm On Dec 27, 2013
Evestar200: In sports Nigeria is by Far ahead of ghana,,ghana has 4 medals(1 silver and 3 bronze) in the history of olympics,,still searching for A gold While bigbrother Nigeria have 23 ( 3gold 8 silver and 12 bronze) in basketball we are ahead of them in male and female,,same with volleyball,teakwodo,,Cricket,gymnastics,,track and field event,,swiming,,cycling .e.t.c they only rub shoulder in football which we are ahead of mosly our female teams are by far ahead of them,,so whats the fuss,,ghana that cannot afford $3,000 to give to their only representatives to represent them in 1AAF Junior championship this year and didnt even any representatives in the 2013 1AAF championship. Chaley abeg nor dy argue trash

CHAN 2014 SHAME: Home-based Eagles lack training kits grin
December 22, 2013 by ’Tana Aiyejina
[url] http://www.punchng.com/sports/chan-2014-shame-home-based-eagles-lack-training-kits/[/url]

As the 2014 African Nations Championship in January draws nearer, the Super Eagles are reportedly short of Adidas training kits, thus resorting to sub-standard kits in preparation for the event, reports ’TANA AIYEJINA

As African football fans anxiously await the commencement of the 2014 African Nations Championship, scheduled for South Africa from January 11 to February 1, it is not the same story for Nigeria’s home-based Super Eagles, who are making their debut in the competition.
The Eagles are taking part in the competition exclusively designed for African players active in their domestic leagues, for the first time, having failed to qualify for the two previous events in Cote d’Ivoire (2009) and Sudan (2011).

But our correspondent gathered exclusively that the team, which began preparations for the championship on December 10 in Abuja, with coach Stephen Keshi inviting 30 players to camp, have no training kits.

It was learnt that the players were made to settle for sub-standard kits reportedly bought in Lagos by the football federation.
An official of the team, who pleaded anonymity, said the players have been alternating the few training kits left.
He said, “As I speak to you, the national team doesn’t have kits in camp with few weeks to the 2014 CHAN. Chidi (an official of the team in charge of balls and kits) was sent to the market to buy kits last week.

“When we asked for the kits, we were told that some were shared to government officials and the others to the junior national teams. We don’t knoww the manner of contract they signed with Adidas.”

All efforts to reach the media officer of the team, Ben Alaiya, proved abortive as his phone was switched off.
However, when our correspondent called the Nigeria Football Federation spokesman, Ademola Olajire, for his reaction, he replied, “Let’s talk later. I don’t understand what you are saying.”

One of the players in camp, who also pleaded not to be named, said it was a dishonour to the home-based players.
“I don’t know why they are treating us like this. Is it because we are home-based players? The foreign-based pros cannot be treated like this,” he said.

Former Eagles centre-back, Taribo West, lamented the sad development, saying it was worrisome that the team had no kits to train with ahead of a major competition like CHAN.

The Atlanta ’96 Olympic Games gold medalist said it was part of efforts by some people to frustrate the efforts of Keshi.
Taribo said, “In our time (in the Eagles) the officials even gave out the kits to their girlfriends. Somebody can just lock them somewhere just to punish the boys because they are home-based.

“They will do everything to frustrate the team because they want Keshi to fail. They said ex-internationals were not good coaches. Keshi came in and has been giving us favourable results but they want the downfall of the man and the team. However, they won’t succeed.”
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by Cubeet: 12:12pm On Dec 27, 2013
PetroDolla2:

Look, you should be grateful that some Ghanaians can find the time to come here and comment on issues, even if they don't concern Ghana. ask Seun if the presence of Ghanaians here has not been a major boost for his site. why do you think anything concerning Ghana gets front page attention on nairaland? you see Ghanaians bring something special to wherever they go and I am talking from experience.

look at somebody like Bin Gbagbo, a guy like him should be a superMOD on NL because he's very creative and fun, and will bring something new to the site.

you'll soon get tired of yorubas bashing igbos, and vice versa,huh?

you make me laugh hard. How many of your tiny population is on the internet? Check alexa for more details, i.diot
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by Evestar200(f): 12:14pm On Dec 27, 2013
otumfour:

judging by the state ur lower lip is in, 1 need not be a rocket scientist to be able to conclude that ur 1 alcoholic queen, chei shocked, na so some naija babes dey gallop alcohol dry go

grin grin grin
cheesy Damn!! This dude tot i was black and ugly like many gaynians nt knwing am an Angel to many gaynain,,no wonder many gaynain are over me on Facebook

grin grin grin
Re: Confessions Of A Ghana-based Nigerian Youth by PetroDolla2: 12:21pm On Dec 27, 2013
otumfour: @ my Ghanaian brothers on here, jiggaman, Ghana oga, torgbe and of course my partner petrodollars, y'all holding it down well grin grin grin grin grin

omo alata which way na?

grin grin grin grin grin
Otumfour,afehyia pa ooh. hammering the bokos is so much fun grin

Nigeria: Blackout Mars Christmas Celebration in Lagos grin grin grin grin
http://allafrica.com/stories/201312270467.html

Many residents of Lagos State, especially in the Mainland, had their Christmas celebration without electricity. grin

Vanguard gathered that most of the areas affected were Ojota, Ketu, Mile 12, Palmgrove, Onipanu, Maryland, Bariga, Oshodi/Isolo, Mushin and Iyana Oworo, where residents said they have been having blackout since December 25.

Some of the residents expressed their displeasure at the new distribution companies' inability to supply regular power supply to the metropolis and its environs.

Mr. Adeyinka Ayo, who resides at Mushin, said the privatisation of the power sector had not been beneficial to the citizens in spite of government's efforts to make things work.

He said: "We have not seen in this manner before. There was light on December 24, although it was on and off till 7a.m. on Christmas day.

"Since then, up till this morning (yesterday), we have not seen light in any part of this area."

Ketu, Island Similarly, Mr. Sunday Olarewaju, a resident of Ketu, said that the management of Ikeja DISCO had not given any explanation for the blackout.

According to him, "we do not know if electricity workers are on strike or not. In our usual way, we have checked the transformers and moved around but there is no sign that a major fault was responsible for the blackout."

Olarewaju said the residents' representatives were planning to go to the nearest DISCO office to demand an explanation for the blackout.

Mr. Adeloju Shokoya, a resident of Lagos Island, expressed regret that he and his family had a "harrowing experience celebrating Christmas without electricity.

"If there is light, you will not meet most of us outside. We would have been somewhere else watching films or football matches.

"I have been on generator since Christmas day with the hope that the Eko Distribution Company would soon restore electricity supply. Up till this morning (yesterday), we have not seen even the normal flashing they give us at times." grin grin grin grin grin

Another Lagos Island resident, Mr. Adetola Williams, however, said that the people would continue to enjoy themselves, whether there was light or not.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) ... (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) ... (21) (Reply)

Folorunsho Alakija 40th Wedding Anniversary (Photos) / 11 Business Opportunities In Africa That Will Make More Millionaires In 2016 / CBN Officially Devalues Naira

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 107
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.