Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,192,953 members, 7,949,264 topics. Date: Sunday, 15 September 2024 at 01:02 AM

Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars - Politics (8) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars (36788 Views)

Oduah Loses Bid To Stop Bulletproof Cars Probe / Bulletproof Cars: Oduah Ordered Six, Not Two Cars / Fg May Sack Workers In NCAA, Others Over Bulletproof Cars (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars by ketoprofen(m): 7:19pm On Jan 03, 2014
pascyj: These morons are still alive?I pity your brain.Your morbid tribalism should not grow up with you,please.You might just die of it. As an aside,Lagos is a part of Nigeria developed from time immemorial by slaveraiders,returned slaves and people fom Yorubaland and other parts of Nigeria and the world.I also understand all states including SE get oil allocations.My only question is they never seem to develop.Have you ever bothered to ask yourself why?Why? I'll tell you why.Because corruption is not celebrated by Yorubas on the altar of 'he/she's my Igbo brother/sister,so he/she can steal'.Remove your tribal cataracts,they blind you to the real source of SE problems,the cause of Igboland retrogressive backward politics,the origin for the extreme migration from Igboland.While the oil allocations to Lagos are used in developing the state,the oil allocations to SS/SE are stolen and shared and fritterred away by your brothers and sisters in politics not on development.

my dear, read the post I replied and see that am correct.
Of more concern is y other SW states have refused to develop too.
Igbos are migratory in nature, so don't go there.
The way u made it look, one would think igboland is sparsely populated but we both know its densely populated.
Again, two states in SE have the cashless policy, is it monkeys that are carrying the cash? no be humans?
U are yet to show me the part of yorubaland better than igboland.
U have to be extremely lazy to hold on to a cosmopolitan area as ur pride, while Ibadan( laughs) is ur capital.
U shd be more concerned about the backwardness of Yoruba land rather and stop using igbos that are looking for money as a consolation

2 Likes

Re: Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars by ketoprofen(m): 7:21pm On Jan 03, 2014
Demdem:

Actually, ur lot has decided not to take note of the truth.

Did u see the publish detail cost of the vehicles? Did Oduah deny it? Even his spokesman didnt rubbish it. Then who the ffuck are u?

Oponu

And am telling u that u have not proved anything.
Y shd fashola buy 600 million worth of 3 cars?
600 million
Re: Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars by lekkie073(m): 7:32pm On Jan 03, 2014
ketoprofen:

The way u made it look, one would think igboland is sparsely populated but we both know its densely populated.
Again, two states in SE have the cashless policy, is it monkeys that are carrying the cash? no be humans?
U have to be extremely lazy to hold on to a cosmopolitan area as ur pride, while Ibadan( laughs) is ur capital.
U shd be more concerned about the backwardness of Yoruba land rather and stop using igbos that are looking for money as a consolation
Mr man, Ibadan is better than awka, nnewi and Onitsha. I served in anambra and I know the state in Toto. don't let me burst ur ass here o. I served in idemili south local govt and it still amazes me dat as at 2006, a whole idemili south local govt cannot boast of an ATM machine talk less of a commercial bank. a whole local govt for DAT matter! anambra is 85%jungle.
Re: Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars by lekkie073(m): 7:33pm On Jan 03, 2014
ketoprofen:

Re: Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars by Nobody: 7:49pm On Jan 03, 2014
ketoprofen:

And the monkey still climbs...God'll help you.Drop your toga of arrogance. I'll never claim my tribe's bigger or better than yours.I repeat that's retrogressive. Now you hate Ibadan too,it's the largest city in West Africa,has the first skyscraper,first university anywhere in Nigeria,one of the most beautiful cities I've visited.You should try and travel but your ethnic myopicism won't allow.I know Awka,Onitsha,Nnewi-my village's better talk more of Ibadan.Ibadan's even more cosmopolitan than Lagos.The Yorubas build cosmopolitan cities-Fact.Ibos build tribal enclaves-Fact.You should be proud of Ibadan.The Yorubas showed,show the way,guy just follow,you won't get lost. Forget the cashless bullshit,it doesn't show development in any sense.Individual money does not translate to development.That the richest man in Africa(he's not Igbo o,he's a Hausa-Fulani,the second richest in Nigeria is Yoruba,the third richest is Bini,No Ibo man in top ten) is a Nigerian doesn't mean...Nna,read between the lines if you can think.I think you can't.
Re: Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars by geesilver(m): 8:00pm On Jan 03, 2014
oluwashaddow: wahala dey dis country oooo, why dem go put person wey burn a whole local government secretariat, to cover up his fraud for ITF, dem cum even use am do chairman, now I knw why am yet to receive my IT fund after 3years
ℓ̊ supported ƴƠƲ even ♍ε̲̣̣̣̥. 4 †̥н̲̣̣̣̥ε. Past 4 years. Nvr receive my IT fund, this idiot D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ 1 corner D̶̲̥̅̊ε̲̣̣̣̥γ̲̣̣̥ talk abt another prsn's loot.
Re: Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars by OrangeHokage(m): 8:01pm On Jan 03, 2014
Goddex: [size=14pt]Our media is so biased. Fashola bought those two bulletproof tinted range rover SUV's for 300m naira each.

Our South West media refused to report it but instead concentrated solely on Oduah and expected her kinsmen in South East to keep quiet. Tribalism is our biggest problem.[/size]
that's a fucking lie and u know it no range is worth 100 mill even if it has gold rims.. a 2013 range is around 30m so this right here is bull.. moreover no american car is worth that amount if u said a german(mercedes benz, bmw, etc) or italian (Ferrari) then maybe this your lie would av carried weight..
Re: Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars by Demdem(m): 8:04pm On Jan 03, 2014
ikeyman00: [s]@@@
demdem

thanks to politics section we from SE have come to understand ur deadly anger

the oil block now to Bayelsa dem pain u coz ur drug addict governor cant have it

just take it EASY

RUBBISH![/s]

Goon, i think u are lost. This has nothing to do with what is at stake here
Re: Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars by Demdem(m): 8:07pm On Jan 03, 2014
ketoprofen:

And am telling u that u have not proved anything.

I dont need to prove anything because i didnt alleged. those that alleged presented papers and documents to buttress their claims. Even Stella didnt say those documents are forged. If Stella didnt, then who the ffuck are u?

Y shd fashola buy 600 million worth of 3 cars?
600 million

Actually, i also heard that he got the 3 cars for 3 Billion naira. A lot of figures are flying around u know. Kindly present ur documents to buttress ur own figures grin grin

Re: Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars by defbond1: 8:49pm On Jan 03, 2014
pascyj: And the monkey still climbs...God'll help you.Drop your toga of arrogance. I'll never claim my tribe's bigger or better than yours.I repeat that's retrogressive. Now you hate Ibadan too,it's the largest city in West Africa,has the first skyscraper,first university anywhere in Nigeria,one of the most beautiful cities I've visited.You should try and travel but your ethnic myopicism won't allow.I know Awka,Onitsha,Nnewi-my village's better talk more of Ibadan.Ibadan's even more cosmopolitan than Lagos.The Yorubas build cosmopolitan cities-Fact.Ibos build tribal enclaves-Fact.You should be proud of Ibadan.The Yorubas showed,show the way,guy just follow,you won't get lost. Forget the cashless bullshit,it doesn't show development in any sense.Individual money does not translate to development.That the richest man in Africa(he's not Igbo o,he's a Hausa-Fulani,the second richest in Nigeria is Yoruba,the third richest is Bini,No Ibo man in top ten) is a Nigerian doesn't mean...Nna,read between the lines if you can think.I think you can't.

Son I've got one question for you.
Have you been paid by the lagos state govt. Or you are actually like this?
You truly amaze me. Its either you are blind, gullible or slow.
You don't make any sense.

1 Like

Re: Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars by johnjay2012: 9:00pm On Jan 03, 2014
Marvel606: Why do Nigerians come on a platform like this without facts, even if you hadn't left the shores of Nigeria b4, does that mean you should denounce every iota of common sense ?, Ask anyone that lives here in the States, even Obanikoro himself to contact his peeps in Minnesota, there's no where in North America that you'll buy a Range Rover HSE 2011 or 12 and Armour it up for more than $250k. ($70,000, 2012). The biggest armored vehicle company in the whole of the South of the USA is Texas Armoring Corporation (TAC). http://www.texasarmoring.com/index.html.
Send them an e-mail, they'll respond to your inquiry on how much it cost to do a full body Armour for a SUV of that size.
The pic below is an almost brand New 2012 Range Rover HSE $67k. So i wonder where people get those outrageous figures N150m ($945,000) and N200m ($1,260,000m). Whatttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt !!!. Dats absolutely crazy.
I rest my case....

http://www.autotrader.com/cars-for-sale/vehicledetails.xhtml?zip=10010&endYear=2015&modelCode1=RANGE&showcaseOwnerId=69064&startYear=2012&makeCode1=ROV&searchRadius=10&maxPrice=75000&mmt=%5BROV%5BRANGE%5B%5D%5D%5B%5D%5D&minPrice=50000&listingId=361812194&hideBackLink=true&Log=0

Bros this is ninja oo. Where contract sum is 250% of actual price. It depends on who is signing...
Re: Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars by pee777(m): 9:08pm On Jan 03, 2014
geeez:

And Obanikoro sold BRF the Range right?

I drive the same car and I know how much it costs

And what does being an Ambassador to Ghana do?

Are car bullet proofs fixed at the Nigerian High Commission in Accra?

grin grin grin are you comparing your "tokunbo" with a fully customized bullet proof vehicle? I beg dont be fooled that you are driving the same vehicle o.......pls not to arouse any hatred on ur vehicle.
Re: Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars by IYANGBALI: 9:11pm On Jan 03, 2014
lekkie073:
Mr man, Ibadan is better than awka, nnewi and Onitsha. I served in anambra and I know the state in Toto. don't let me burst ur ass here o. I served in idemili south local govt and it still amazes me dat as at 2006, a whole idemili south local govt cannot boast of an ATM machine talk less of a commercial bank. a whole local govt for DAT matter! anambra is 85%jungle.
see where ngosi wan make I come do my nysc
Re: Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars by IYANGBALI: 9:11pm On Jan 03, 2014
lekkie073:
see where ngosi wan make I come do my nysc,God punish her
Re: Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars by agbameta: 9:18pm On Jan 03, 2014
bakynes: Its a known fact that most of the states governors in Nigeria use either Range Rover or Landcruiser. In 2010, when I was serving in Ibadan, I drove through the Oyo state Govt house and dat was the same day Jonathan visited Akala, so I saw the convoy of both Akala and Jonathan. Jonathan was in a black tinted mercedez S220 while Akala was in a black tinted Range Rover, so I don't know the problem of some igbos on this thread, likewise we see many state governors on TV with Range Rover or Landcruiser.

In personality structure the typical Igbo has traits of paranoia, narcissism and antisocial personality.

http://www.igbofocus.com/html/the_igbo_problem_can_be_fixed.html

For me, it's always hard to fault ibo people for what they are, for what they are predisposed to and destined to be.

They are basically just being ibo

2 Likes

Re: Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars by meta4(m): 9:24pm On Jan 03, 2014
has he seen the receipt of Fashola's car? No proof of what he's saying.
Anyway, 2015 is at hand, so he has to talk to secure a place in the govt should GEJ win again.

1 Like

Re: Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars by lekkie073(m): 9:24pm On Jan 03, 2014
IYA NGBALI: see where ngosi wan make I come do my nysc,God punish her
grin
if u enjoy jungle life, then anambra is the place to be. imagine staying in a locality where pythons and boa constrictors move freely like citizens. and if u dare harm or kill them......

1 Like

Re: Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars by Nobody: 10:09pm On Jan 03, 2014
defbond1:

Son I've got one question for you.
Have you been paid by the lagos state govt. Or you are actually like this?
You truly amaze me. Its either you are blind, gullible or slow.
You don't make any sense.
Kid,quit crying.The truth is painful.I'm educated and liberated in mind,body and spirit. I'm thrilled you realize that I should be well paid for illuminating your myopic soul.You,on the other hand,should pay for your narrow rants on this thread. Those who make ethnotribal ramblings like you should be taught to learn first. You're gullible,slow and blind wrapped up with your tribalism-a death sentence.
Re: Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars by Peterpan1(m): 10:41pm On Jan 03, 2014
Mmh, mmh, mmh
You guys never cease to amaze me. If your frontal lobes have not gotten the fact that obanikoro is seeking cheap publicity and attention then may God help you. Where is the proof of purchase of the said cars. Any invoice, receipt of purchase or was he the one that handled the deal.
Listen this dude is just looking for a position in GEJ govt. In case wins 2015.
Re: Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars by kalunomics(m): 10:58pm On Jan 03, 2014
Lagos deserves better than what APC is
offering – Obanikoro
In this interview with journalists, a
former Nigerian Ambassador to
Ghana, Musiliu Obanikoro, speaks
about the growing debt profile of
Lagos State, the PDP-led anti-graft war,
2015 general elections and
other issues, JOHN ALECHENU, was
there
After you contested and lost the 2007
governorship election, why didn’t
you contest in 2011?
I was on a national assignment as of
that time in 2011. I was the
country’s representative (an
Ambassador) in Ghana. There is no
way I
can abandon the responsibilities given
to me by the Federal
Government and come home only to
be chasing a political office at the
state level.
Now that I am home, I am strongly
reflecting on the last 15 years of
Tinubu and the present administration
in Lagos State. I will not sit
down here and tell you that, we don’t
have few things to celebrate in
the state but, by and large, there are
still many holes to fill. And I can
honestly tell you that as a citizen of
Lagos State, the overall decision I
will make in terms of performance of
Lagos State Government in the last
15 years, for me, is slightly below
average.
People may be saying they have done
some new roads, they have done
this, and they have done that. One, we
must look at the costs of these
roads and then, the state has a debt
profile of about N1tn as we speak
today. I schooled in the USA, the
biggest investment that country made
that is still working for them is in
education. We have not done such in
Lagos State despite all the noise they
have been making.
As we speak today, people of Lagos
will not voluntarily send their
children to public schools in the state.
That, to me, is failure on the
part of the government after 15 years
in the saddle.
Today, our hospitals in the state are
mere consulting centres.
Everybody that is somebody, now
goes overseas for ordinary medical
check–up. Even the governor himself, I
do believe, without any iota of
doubt that he does his medical check –
up abroad. Their leader and ex-
governor of the state recently had a
knee injury and he was flown
abroad to take care of ordinary knee
injury. This minor health challenge
could not be treated at the Lagos State
University of Teaching Hospital
after billions of naira they claimed
have been sunk to upgrade the
facility. In the area of health, Lagos
State government has equally
failed.
Today, Lagos State does not have the
required capacity to handle
emergencies. And you know how
much this state generated monthly as
internal revenue. They are still
struggling in the area of refuse
management. Looking at the Olusosun
Dumpsite at Ojota and the level
of pollution that is injected to the
atmosphere on a daily basis says a
lot about the state government that
has been in power since 1999.
There are various kinds of reckless
reclamation going on in the state
right now. After the reclamation, what
they often do is to sell the land
to themselves and their cronies.
Whereas, during the time of Alhaji
Lateef Jakande, he did reclamation in
Lekki and the land was sold to
members of the public. As I am
speaking to you now, the level of
industrial pollution in the state is at an
alarming proportion. These are
serious issues that will affect resident’s
life span and nobody is talking.
Honestly, I don’t know what this
government is celebrating every 100
days.
At this point, where do you come in?
I do believe that Lagos State, with its
potential and the kind of IGR they
get every month can be managed
better than it is now. And the
business of government can be done
more transparently because this
government is not transparent. Go and
goggle anything about Lagos
State, you won’t find any worthy
information made available for
members of the public. The governor
has directed all members of his
executive council not to talk to the
press anymore on any issue; it is
only the Commissioner for Information
that is allowed to talk and you
know that one who pays the piper
dictates the tune.
The Information Commissioner will tell
you only what they want him to
say; he cannot give a direct answer to
your question if you succeed in
meeting him at a corner. Those are the
characters that are in
government in Lagos.
For example, look at the 2014
proposed budget that was presented
to
the State House of Assembly; the
governor said it is a zero deficit
budget but I called it 419. The
government has gone to the bond
market to borrow about N97bn and
they are saying the budget is zero
deficit. Is he injecting his personal
money in the budget? He has the
guts to come out and say it is zero
deficit budgets and nobody is
talking; instead people are clapping
for him.
On top of that, this government said
any visitor or resident that will live
up to six months anywhere in the state
must register. Is there anywhere
in the world that such thing is done in
a free society? People need to
stand up and ask questions from this
government. The governor cannot
compel anybody to register. It is
wrong. If we care to have a free
society, for goodness sake, let’s have
it. Let Lagos State government
realise that the Federal Government of
Nigeria is also our government,
as Lagos is.
The essence of census is to let us
define what our population is. Census
is a thing that should involve the three
tiers of government but the way
the Lagos State government is doing it,
behaving as if Lagos is a
country on its own, the loser of such
an action will be the citizens of
the state.
The state government is putting
unnecessary debt on the people and
the unborn children of the citizens.
The state government believes it
knows everything; whereas, we all
know that by engaging the Federal
Government constructively, most of
the state’s burdens and challenges
would be shared by the Federal
Government.
They refused to do this and that was
why the government has
continued borrowing to the extent of
the high debt the state finds itself
today. Had it been the money
borrowed has been judiciously spent,
maybe we would have close our eyes
and say they have made right
investment and we should recoup.
The best investment the state
government would have made is to
invest
in education but it failed to do so.
Instead, the government increased
tuition fee from N25,000 at LASU to
above N300,000.
Worst still, if you visit LASU main
campus today, you will discover there
is not much physical development at
the institution. The government of
the day increased the fee claiming it
cannot subsidize education of
indigent students in the state but they
can subsidise their own habit.
That to me, after so many years of the
management of the state
economy is not acceptable.
Can you honestly say your party is
effectively fighting corruption?
It will be very unfair to ask such a
question because we are looking at
uninterrupted 15 years governance
by two political parties. It will be
very unfair of you to reduce focus on
only Jonathan’s administration.
We are saying we have history of
dealing with corruption. Do they even
have any history at all in their party?
What about the current Oduah scandal
in the Aviation sector?
Oh yes! Accusation has been made in
the open. Panel had been set up
to look into the matter, the President
has received the report. I am sure
in good time; he will come out with a
position. Be that as it may,
nobody can sweep under the carpet
what PDP has done to tackle
corruption. Their party has not done
anything; that is what we are
saying. Everything they have accused
us of doing, they are worse off.
They accused Stella Oduah of buying
two armoured cars for N255m.
The one which the Lagos State
governor is riding up and down in
Lagos
is more expensive than Oduah’s car.
He is a public officer too who
draws his salary from tax payer’s
money.
It is the same standard, it doesn’t
matter. It is even more damning for
the governor because he is elected by
the people and he is supposed to
uphold the trust and confidence of the
people of Lagos.
So, their own is even worse in that
case but it is unfortunate the media
refuse to look at that area.
I am tasking the media people to go
and conduct proper investigation
into the cost of the two jeeps being
used by Lagos State governor. I am
in the know of the cost but I am
putting it to you to do the
investigation on the cost of those two
jeeps which our governor uses as
official cars.
Re: Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars by kalunomics(m): 11:10pm On Jan 03, 2014
anonimi:

So we should ignore the message because of the messenger since it is about Angel Fashola's corruption. Not so
APC supporters are bunch of hypocrites, always changing the goal post however they deem fit. When OBJ wrote a letter to GEJ, they saw the virtue in paying attention to the message not the messenger, but now Obanikoro has raised very candid points, they are attacking the messenger instead of a critical look at the solemn message!
Re: Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars by sonickay(m): 11:47pm On Jan 03, 2014
Mynd_44: Perhaps you guys screaming should show us invoices and receipts that those cars are that expensive.

Besides what you people fail to get is that the corruption case against Oduah is not about the prices alone. The cars were not approved by the government, it was not budgeted for, they evaded taxes, lied to the SSS/NSA and inflated prices.
Its a good thing BRF hasn't replied to all these counter intuitive allegations. He who alleges must prove; he who assert must prove. I challenge Koro to leak those documents for the two "rovers" purchase as was done with Odua's case.
Re: Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars by Marvel606: 11:57pm On Jan 03, 2014
Who are the people that approves an inflated 250% government spending ?, House of Assembly or the Accountant-general of the State and Federation respectively. So, no due diligence is carried out and co-conspirators like Coscharis Motors would be allowed to still carry out atrocities like it did during the military days, where it was used to launder billions etc...The sad thing for the country is, even the members of the panel that would be set up to investigate the allegation now, they themselves are HIGH LEVEL ROGUES. What ever happened to former Bayelsa State Governors' (Timipre Sylva) ownership of 46 houses in Abuja ?, Whatever happened to Abdul-Rasheed Maina or the Pension Scam Thief, Nigeria for ever would always be Nigeria.
If there's a after Life, Nigeria of New could be better, but this one here. If we don't individually reform ourselves, the changes we're crying for would never come. It is from one person to the other that it can then cascade through. Think of it this way, if in a crowd of uncountable people holding candles each, but only one person's candle is lit, in no time the whole crowd would hold a flame each as they rub on one another, that is the only way we can bring about change to a Nation like Nigeria.
Finally, for all the thieves in Politics past and present that think they can still come out and talk to the populace, they should have it at the back of their mind that, people know them and remember all their exploits while they were in positions of power o. When the time comes, they'll all pay for their deeds one way or the other.
Re: Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars by ISpiksDaTroof: 12:42am On Jan 04, 2014
Goddex: [size=14pt]Our media is so biased. Fashola bought those two bulletproof tinted range rover SUV's for 300m naira each.

Our South West media refused to report it but instead concentrated solely on Oduah and expected her kinsmen in South East to keep quiet. Tribalism is our biggest problem.[/size]

I'd like to see evidence of the amount you claimed above, Sir.

Thank you.
Re: Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars by Nuzo1(m): 12:52am On Jan 04, 2014
I feel disappointed today...so disappointed that tears rolled down my eyes!

But before I tell you guys the reasons for my disappointment, I will give you a little insight on my candid observation on the Nigerian polity.

Since when I became very active on this forum in early 2007, I've tried as much as I can to be very objective in my views, analysis and assessments regarding issues raised here...especially Nigerian politics, ethnicity and religion.

I've tried to maintain that "objectivity" till date. But I must confess I was shocked the way president Jonathan was treated when his predecessor; pres Yaradua fell sick and eventually died.
Since then, the politics of ethnicity and religion became the order of the day.

Buhari established that line of politics by avoiding south east and south south zones during his presidential campaigns with the exception of Port Harcourt. He also went further to ask that muslim vote muslim while other adherents should do same for their respective brethren. He also enjoys keeping quiet or as some people would say he sympathizes with religious murdering fanatics.

Don't get me wrong, I know this sentimental politics didn't start with Buhari...but its very clear he established it. It was even evident during his era as head of state.

Nuhu Ribadu is not a perfect guy, but he seems to be my best choice among all the line up of all the so-called leaders...including GEJ, Akpabio, Tinubu, Fashola, Chime and Buhari. He beats them any day in my book.
Problem is that Ribadu is not salable to the gullible and corrupt Nigerian populace for obvious reasons. And that makes me pitch my tent to the easier devil to deal with....Goodluck Jonathan!

Recently, there's been so much talk about Ms Oduah; the aviation minister. I feel very indifferent or should I say comfused about her persecution in the media mostly by a section of people and the other section in her defence.
Its an outright disregard for due process, ethics and respect for Nigerians and her office to approve such a huge amount of money for 2 units of bulletproof vehicles. Its a clear case of fraud! Now, they can't even find the receipts for the purchase.

On the other side, they are worried there's NO much talk about the money the Governor of Lagos state spent in purchasing the same unit of vehicle for twice the amount Oduo used. This section even argued that her predecessors; especially Fani Kayode was never harassed even after about 20 billion Naira aviation fund disappeared into thin air.
They went further to argue that she's been hunted for stopping some illegal deals in the industry, refurbishing the airports and upgrading the Enugu airport to international status.

These 2 groups have valid arguments but I think its about time GEJ relieve her of her duty and allow her to be properly prosecuted! She's not as innocent as we think.

Now, as I said in my first statement, I felt so disappointed after using the international airport today. It was a complete mess!

I've been opportune to travel through local and international airports in China, Hong Kong, Qatar, UAE and Australia so I know first hand what its like to have a quality and lasting structure. I'm sure Odua has been to these places and more.

For the fact that most Nigerians are okay with mediocrity or just about average, I won't compare these airports to what I saw in Enugu today, rather I would soft pedal by comparing the Enugu airport to the streets in these countries. Unfortunately, it still doesn't come close.

Enugu international airport has come to stay...but the rehabilitated structure is a sham, a ponzi scheme and a BIG FRAUD!
The quality of materials (interlocking, slabs, chairs, windows, glass and restrooms) and quality of finishing were all shabby, substandard and unprofessional! It will all fall apart in the next 1 year. I give it 6 months without maintainance.

Its clear the opposition are very good in hijacking issues like this and using it for their political gains...but Nigerians must learn to draw the lines. Odua is a big time fraud and must GO!

Igbo women are arguably the most hard working and least corrupt group of Nigerians but Odua is one in a hundred that keeps pulling this group backward.

I was insulted when I revealed this Fashola's and Odua's fraud by Nigerians some few weeks ago. Like I gave a fukk!

Fukking hypocrites! angry

https://www.nairaland.com/1495965/wept-rehabilitated-enugu-airport8)
Re: Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars by Akanbiedu(m): 1:03am On Jan 04, 2014
This comparison his senseless.

Fashola is an elected official with peoples' mandate. He only needs the house to pass his budget before approving procurements. This is quite unlike a federal minister that has limits of approval. A minister can not approve funds above 100million which Oduah clearly breached.
Re: Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars by whitecat007: 1:53am On Jan 04, 2014
The money Fashola spends is presumably from Yoruba and Yoruba generated. Lagos does not need oil money even though most of the off shore oil wells are closer to Lagos than any state in Nigeria and can be claimed by Lagos when the time comes. Money from Lagos funds many states in Nigeria including yours.

Lagos is a Yorubaland, ruled by Yoruba leaders, law and culture, and until we have an ibo governor, your cry will remain a call of the wild.

You ibos will rant till eternity, but won't be able to touch my Lagos, you will remain the irrelevant, lousy, never do well squatters that you have always been.

ketoprofen:

The money fashola gets from Lagos citizens are not majorly from yorubas.
Aviation ministry is funded by oil proceeds and oil does not come from Lagos.
Lagos allocations are from oil proceeds
Lagos was developed in the 70s with oil money.

Yorubas are insecure because if u touch the cosmopolitan Lagos, u have walked over the whole Yoruba race.
What a shame
Re: Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars by meforyou1(m): 2:30am On Jan 04, 2014
lekkie073:
u are a fuulish man to say that Ibadan is better than awka, onitsha and nnewi. As at 2006, in how many local govts, not state capital, in Oyo, Ogun, ekiti, on do and osun states did you have ATM? As per commercial banks, UBA and First Bank have always been in all local govts and towns in SE far before you were given birth to
Re: Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars by meforyou1(m): 2:40am On Jan 04, 2014
whitecat007: The money Fashola spends is presumably from Yoruba and Yoruba generated. Lagos does not need oil money even though most of the off shore oil wells are closer to Lagos than any state in Nigeria and can be claimed by Lagos when the time comes. Money from Lagos funds many states in Nigeria including yours.

Lagos is a Yorubaland, ruled by Yoruba leaders, law and culture, and until we have an ibo governor, your cry will remain a call of the wild.

You ibos will rant till eternity, but won't be able to touch my Lagos, you will remain the irrelevant, lousy, never do well squatters that you have always been.

u are a very fuulish man to say money fashola and tinubu steal is Yoruba money. How much does Yoruba have? What trade are you people good in?
Lagos is a no-man's land. Has been so and will always be so. Even a boko kanuri man from chad can be elected as a governor of lagos state.
Lagos has no identity, anybody can claim it, just like abuja.
And Igbo will never leave lagos and will always dominate the economy of lagos, because we built that city-state
Re: Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars by dayokanu(m): 2:43am On Jan 04, 2014
me_for_you: u are a very fuulish man to say money fashola and tinubu steal is Yoruba money. How much does Yoruba have? What trade are you people good in?
Lagos is a no-man's land. Has been so and will always be so. Even a boko kanuri man from chad can be elected as a governor of lagos state.
Lagos has no identity, anybody can claim it, just like abuja.
And Igbo will never leave lagos and will always dominate the economy of lagos, because we built that city-state

How come these Ibos who go every where building other peoples city-state cant even develop their own and they flee from it at every given opportunity

From Sunday go to every bus park in Alaibo and see young men and women fleeing from their ancestral homelands
Re: Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars by meforyou1(m): 2:47am On Jan 04, 2014
sonickay: Its a good thing BRF hasn't replied to all these counter intuitive allegations. He who alleges must prove; he who assert must prove. I challenge Koro to leak those documents for the two "rovers" purchase as was done with Odua's case.
bring the list of the 1000 politicians on federal govt watchlist
Re: Obanikoro: Fashola’s Official Car Costs More Than Oduah’s Bulletproof Cars by meforyou1(m): 2:52am On Jan 04, 2014
Fashola purchased 2 cars for. 600 million naira and u are asking obanikoro for the receipt. Ok fashola should state how much he bought the cars and bring the receipt.

(1) (2) (3) ... (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10) (Reply)

Buhari Moves To Install Barrow As Gambian President. / Fulani Vigilante In The South-East: Nnamdi Kanu Reacts / U.S. To Place Visa Restrictions On Individuals Who Undermined Nigeria's Election

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 120
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.