Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,197,048 members, 7,963,402 topics. Date: Tuesday, 01 October 2024 at 11:17 AM

'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora - Politics (11) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora (27605 Views)

Poll: Should Nigerians abroad take this call seriously?

Yes: 30% (27 votes)
No: 70% (63 votes)
This poll has ended

Buni Yadi Residents Return Home Years After Boko Haram Attacks / Kill PDP Before It Kills All Of Us, Buhari Charges Nigerians / 2015: Vote Out Incompetent Leaders, Kumuyi Charges Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by ssRhino: 7:03pm On Aug 22, 2008
onyinye2:

This is funnier than my favorite movie Mr. Ibu. grin grin grin grin Look at this one here. She speaks as if she is betta than anybody. Shoot child you is nothing oka. Nothing. How in the world did you get into that so called superior european school eh? Did your father scam you in there or what because no educated person would speak like this. Why do you constantly say that we flip burgers and sweep streets when you know we are business people, doctors, lawyers, professors? Does it hurt to know that folk are actually doing better than you think so you spread faulty information? Wow this is the funniest for ignorant post to be read.

i am so disappointed in u, such pple needed to be educated, cos she is surely not well informed.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by onyinye2(f): 7:04pm On Aug 22, 2008
$$Rhino:

Investement ? please leave that alone, there are more money in nigeria than anywhere in da world, skills, nigerians in nigeria are smart, so i am yet to know what he wants
He wants "us" to come back "home" because he is noticing that all these Chinese and Indians are coming over taking jobs and sending money back home. So wants "us" to come and keep the money in the "country".

idupaul:

hope when u finish , u will be on your way home to contribute your quota.
Please. . . . do you know how much i am paid in the States compared to Nigeria? My brotha don't make me laugh this afternoon.

idupaul:

thank u for the hospita, hope twas in naija,  wetin carry u go face seiraleone children when naija kids also need your help.
Yes it was built in Naija. Everyone needs help, so they say. Why not give to those kids? Are they not deserving ?
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by ssRhino: 7:05pm On Aug 22, 2008
onyinye2:

He wants "us" to come back "home" because he is noticing that all these Chinese and Indians are coming over taking jobs and sending money back home. So wants "us" to come and keep the money in the "country".
Please. . . . do you know how much i am paid in the States compared to Nigeria? My brotha don't make me laugh this afternoon.
Yes it was built in Naija. Everyone needs help, so they say. Why not give to those kids? Are they not deserving ?

I am sure if u check the guy's kids are all abroad.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by onyinye2(f): 7:08pm On Aug 22, 2008
$$Rhino:

I am sure if u check the guy's kids are all abroad.
And they all are.

tpia:

the problem with this statement is maybe there are too many Nigerians with degrees who turn up their noses at working with their hands.

Nigeria clearly has a lot of infrastructural as well as technological needs.

Having a degree doesnt mean people should turn up their noses at working with their hands if need be. Thats one thing about developed countries and especially whites- they love doing blue collar work like carpentry, home repair,painting etc, no matter their level of education. They do these things as hobbies, volunteer work or simply as a way to unwind. Anyone assuming the big crowds at Lowe's and Home Depot are all uneducated people, is sadly mistaken.

Nigerians, on the other hand, would consider it a sign of madness if someone with plenty of university education, showed an interest in bricklaying or carpentry. If you are called a chief or have some kind of title, its even worse.

Achebe described this mentality in No Longer at Ease when people criticized Obi for turning up for a function in his shirtsleeves due to the hot weather,while everyone else was decked out and sweating in their expensive attire.
So are you saying me who graduated after years and years of studying to be a Doctor, to go to Nigeria and work as house maid? I mean what?
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Uche2nna(m): 7:12pm On Aug 22, 2008
onyinye2:

And they all are.
So are you saying me who graduated after years and years of studying to be a Doctor, to go to Nigeria and work as house maid? I mean what?

Who gave u that impression?
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by idupaul: 7:12pm On Aug 22, 2008
i guess you're 1 of the unfortunates , because u've been refused entry several times  . u better wait 4 our western union , if u don't mind u can even send me your datas,    Grin Grin

what unfortunate about being denied entry, see the the loser state of ur mind, u sound like a bush person.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by onyinye2(f): 7:15pm On Aug 22, 2008
idupaul:

what unfortunate about being denied entry, see the the loser state of your mind, u sound like a bush person.
So you are calling My parents bush people? They were denied entry multiple times, until they left for the States.

Uche2nna:

Who gave u that impression?
Was it not her who said that we should work with our hands no matter what your degree is?
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by christie07(f): 7:16pm On Aug 22, 2008
what unfortunate about being denied entry, see the the loser state of your mind, u sound like a bush person,

ode oshi , wa pen be! i guess u r 1 of the victims.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by idupaul: 7:17pm On Aug 22, 2008

since u do nt have any plans to pay back the good ur country has done for u , then i never want to hear u say naija is bad ever again on this forum or any other fora.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by ebariba: 7:18pm On Aug 22, 2008
I still don't understand why someone would think he's living a good life cos he drive an Honda and works in a Bank (which is what most guys who claim they're doing well in naija do).

and u Lepashandi, I see u're unrepentant in your love for using insults to drive home ur points. Please continue, maybe its one of the skills u want to employ in making Nigeria a better place, The Edinburgh graduate
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 7:18pm On Aug 22, 2008
idupaul:

what unfortunate about being denied entry, see the the loser state of your mind, u sound like a bush person.

I don't think it is really about being denied entry. Rather it seems more about being denied entry and taking it out on those who were not denied by calling them names and claiming they are miserable. ROFLMAO!!!

Anywho, it all childish at this point!!
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by tpia: 7:19pm On Aug 22, 2008
onyinye2:

I'm not in support of Nigerians abroad returning to Nigeria- don't get me wrong here.

I'm pointing out the Nigerian mentality of feeling too big just because they have a university education.

Being a doctor, lawyer or rocket scientist doesnt mean you can't sometimes do other things outside your field even if they appear menial. No one is saying a doctor should change to bricklaying as a full time occupation. But nothing wrong with a doctor getting into some other hobby either as a way to build his community or simply to unwind. there's nothing degrading in it and its not armed robbery.

In addition, doing some of your own housecleaning in Nigeria doesnt make you a househelp.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by idupaul: 7:23pm On Aug 22, 2008
I still don't understand why someone would think he's living a good life because he drive an Honda and works in a Bank (which is what most guys who claim they're doing well in naija do).

what do u drive,, see 99 percent of pople on earth will never own a ferrari, 80 percent will never own an aston martin, 60 percent will never drive a beamer or daimler, that leave sthe rest of people like u going for mass produced honda's , kia and toyotas, so my guy honda na achievement at this level.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by lepashandi: 7:27pm On Aug 22, 2008
christie07:

fASHOLA IS CALLING ON THE WELL TO DO AND REASONABLE NIGERIANS ABROAD - NOT HE SILLY ONES WHO HAS NOTHING TO GIVE BACK TO THE COUNTRY - AND UNFORTUNATELY, THE SILLY, EMPTY HEADED ONES ARE THE ONES WHO SHOUT THE LOUDEST - WHO CARES IF YOU ROT WHERE YOU ARE?NIGERIA DOESNT MISS ANY ONE WHO LEFT - HAVE YOU EVER ASKED YOURSELF IF THE COUNTRY ACTUALLY CARES IF YOU COME BACK TO LIVE IN THERE OR NOT? NO - NOONE CARES - THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO IT WILL PAIN ARE THE PEOPLE WHO YOU MANAGE TO SEND TRICKLES OF MONEY TO AT HOME TO EAT - BUT FOR THE COUNTRY - SHE CARES LESS IF YOU COME BACK OR NOT - OR DO YOU THINK NIGERIA WILL ONLY PROGRESS WHEN YOU COME BACK OR WHEN YOU LIVE IN IT - HAHAHAH.

STAY THERE - CONTINUE TO WIPE OYINBO BUTT - CLEAN THE STREET - FLIP BURGERS - ALL IN THE NAME OF NIGERIA IS BAD - PITY.
SHIORRRRRR,  ODE OSHI!!!!!

i guess you're 1 of the unfortunates , because u've been refused entry several times  . u better wait 4 our western union , if u don't mind u can even send me your datas,    grin grin

This is one thing i hate about these people abroad - they think once you talk against them - it is because you are envious of them - refused visa? I have a permanent residency in the UK - dont you read my previous posts - i can visit and go to my home anytime i like - i dont have to stay abroad to wipe oyinbo woman's butt hole to survive.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by onyinye2(f): 7:28pm On Aug 22, 2008
tpia:

I'm not in support of Nigerians abroad returning to Nigeria- don't get me wrong here.

I'm pointing out the Nigerian mentality of feeling too big just because they have a university education.

Being a doctor, lawyer or rocket scientist doesnt mean you can't sometimes do other things outside your field even if they appear menial. No one is saying a doctor should change to bricklaying as a full time occupation. But nothing wrong with a doctor getting into some other hobby either as a way to build his community or simply to unwind. there's nothing degrading in it and its not armed robbery.

In addition, doing some of your own housecleaning in Nigeria doesnt make you a househelp.
Oka thank you for clearing that up cause i know for sure that for me to go to school to be a doctor and just put that aside had me questioning you for a sec. But i see what you meant by it.

idupaul:

since u do nt have any plans to pay back the good your country has done for u , then i never want to hear u say naija is bad ever again on this forum or any other fora.
Oka first of Mr. Paul, watch how you speak to me. I aint your child for you to be ordering me around. Who said that i would not give back to Nigeria? please quote me where i said that. And what has the country done for me? Did i not tell you that i grew up aboard so the only thing the country has done for me is. . . . my parents.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by lepashandi: 7:31pm On Aug 22, 2008
The point is this - the people who are crying and saying why should they come back to Nigeria - they are afraid of the following:

Afraid they will come back and begin again because they have nothiung to show for donkey years of living abroad

Afraid that those they left behind to travel have gone far ahead in life more than them

Afraid that they will be a nobody when they come back to Nigeria -

Afraid they cant compete with their mates who choosed to stay behind

and above all ashamed to discuss what they spent their time doing while they were abroad while their mates at home went thru everything to suceed.

Why will they want to come back?
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by idupaul: 7:31pm On Aug 22, 2008
And what has the country done for me?

1- the country paid for ur education.

2- the country gave u an identity.

3- the country fed u.

4- hate it or love it naija has been the biggest poitive impact in ur life.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by buzugee(m): 7:33pm On Aug 22, 2008
Kobojunkie:

I don't think it is really about being denied entry. Rather it seems more about being denied entry and taking it out on those who were not denied by calling them names and claiming they are miserable. ROFLMAO!!!

Anywho, it all childish at this point!!
ogbeni wetin dey na ? i think say you get better thing to go do ? anyway welcome back

onyinye all this noise about doctor this doctor that sef, how much doctors dey earn sef ? 200k ? that is the money that orji kalu spends in one night in opebi club belonging to caleb olumense. abeg make we hear word. student loan full ya yansh like rpg full iraq. comot for road make i see better thing abeg   cheesy
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by ssRhino: 7:35pm On Aug 22, 2008
idupaul:

1- the country paid for your education.

3- the country fed u.

4- hate it or love it naija has been the biggest poitive impact in your life.

Are u saying that pple show leave the comfort of what they know and used to, to face a life of uncertainty in a nation that dont even give a damn about her pple?
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by lepashandi: 7:35pm On Aug 22, 2008
who is the wise one here - the one who used to be a graduate in Nigeria and had a bank job but for the sake of travelling - abandoined a well paying bank job to travel abroad - and when she got abroad - all she could do was to do a carer's job - which majority of Nigerians do abroad - wipe and change old peoples diapers, clean their butt, their shit - their dikc - their pussy - everything - and all in the sake of Nigeria is not good - but you left a bank job at home - who is the fool - the one who stayed to roughen the weather in the same bank or she who left - and five years after she came back - she realiszed all the people they entered the bank job at the same time are now managers and earning big - who is the foolish one?
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 7:36pm On Aug 22, 2008
idupaul:

3- the country fed u.

Which Country are you referring to here?? When For Whom?
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by onyinye2(f): 7:36pm On Aug 22, 2008
idupaul:

Actually. . . . .  USA paid for my education. . . not Nigeria.

idupaul:

Actually. . . . my parents being Nigerians gave me my identity. USA gave me my identity.

idupaul:

3- the country fed u.
Fed me what. . . . there is rice here, soup here, stew here, garri here, so on and so forth.

idupaul:

Impact on what life? Mine? Last time i check God was the biggest impact in my life.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by lepashandi: 7:37pm On Aug 22, 2008
$$Rhino:

Are u saying that people show leave the comfort of what they know and used to, to face a life of uncertainty in a nation that don't even give a damn about her people?

How much are you ared for in the country where you are? you are treated like a king or what? you dont sweat for money like others do - or you pick it on the ground there? what makes you better? i realy want to know.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by lepashandi: 7:40pm On Aug 22, 2008
This onyinye woman

which kain doctor you be self? and wetin be the meaning of "OKA"? I see you use that word often in your replies = oka?
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by lepashandi: 7:42pm On Aug 22, 2008
I am making an appeal to Seun to ban all these so called diasporic Nigerians from coming to this forum - they think they are better than everyone else because they live abroad - forgetting people lived there way b4 they were born and even will continue to live their when they are gone.

Why are you on this forum if you dont want to identify with Nigeria?
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by ssRhino: 7:43pm On Aug 22, 2008
lepashandi:

How much are you ared for in the country where you are? you are treated like a king or what? you don't sweat for money like others do - or you pick it on the ground there? what makes you better? i realy want to know.

Thank you for that great question, in the nation where i reside:

When there is a problem, i cld call the cops and i am sure they will be there within couple of mins.
where there is fire, i am sure, i dont even have to call, they will know.
where there is a prob, ambulance will be dispatched and they wont be complaing of no gas
the raods are tarred and if there is a prob, i will call the ministry of works and they wont hang up on me till prob is resolved.
the children are so cared for, that every child matters.
when u go to schools, the lecturers dont go on strike for no reasons.
do u want me to continue?
when there has to be power outage, they will inform me, u know why, it is cos i matter as human and those are all theright of human and not be treated like dogs like they are treating pple in nigeria.
when you drive on the raod, some ordinary Pilot that is getting late for his flight wont be entouraged and making the mumu police to bang on your car anyhow.
Do you want more, if you do, lemme know and i will give u more.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by buzugee(m): 7:43pm On Aug 22, 2008
lepashandi:

This onyinye woman

which kain doctor you be self? and wetin be the meaning of "OKA"? I see you use that word often in your replies = oka?
i no go dey surprised if she be doctor of animals, come hia dey yarn say him be doctor. yes technically you are a doctor if you treat cats and dogs. VET doctor  cheesy
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by idupaul: 7:44pm On Aug 22, 2008
Which Country are you referring to here??

naija.

Actually. . . . .  USA paid for my education. . . not Nigeria.

my guess is dat ur one ur parents actually enjoyed a nigerian scholarship in the sixties to study abroad and never cared to come back home or the are plitician or senior govt people that made lose money from nigeria and used it to keep u in the states. so one way or the other naija started u on ur journey to ur so called ammerican scholarship. hope u catch my drrift.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by onyinye2(f): 7:44pm On Aug 22, 2008
lepashandi:

who is the wise one here - the one who used to be a graduate in Nigeria and had a bank job but for the sake of travelling - abandoined a well paying bank job to travel abroad - and when she got abroad - all she could do was to do a carer's job - which majority of Nigerians do abroad - wipe and change old peoples diapers, clean their butt, their shit - their dikc - their pussy - everything - and all in the sake of Nigeria is not good - but you left a bank job at home - who is the fool - the one who stayed to roughen the weather in the same bank or she who left - and five years after she came back - she realiszed all the people they entered the bank job at the same time are now managers and earning big - who is the foolish one?
Ha Ha!!! grin grin grin grin I swear you are funnier that Mr. Ibu. grin
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by lepashandi: 7:45pm On Aug 22, 2008
$$Rhino:

Thank you for that great question, in the nation where i reside:

When there is a problem, i cld call the cops and i am sure they will be there within couple of mins.
where there is fire, i am sure, i don't even have to call, they will know.
where there is a prob, ambulance will be dispatched and they wont be complaing of no gas
the raods are tarred and if there is a prob, i will call the ministry of works and they wont hang up on me till prob is resolved.
the children are so cared for, that every child matters.
when u go to schools, the lecturers don't go on strike for no reasons.
do u want me to continue?
when there has to be power outage, they will inform me, u know why, it is because i matter as human and those are all theright of human and not be treated like dogs like they are treating people in nigeria.
when you drive on the raod, some ordinary Pilot that is getting late for his flight wont be entouraged and making the mumu police to bang on your car anyhow.
Do you want more, if you do, let me know and i will give u more.

and what have you said - absolutely nothing that made any sense.

I thought you have better reasons - shio.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by ebariba: 7:45pm On Aug 22, 2008
Mr Paul, u are right to a reasonable extent, but most naija graduates now work in banks regardless of their disciplines and in my opinion, that's as fulfilling as working in customer service in tesco, asda or Tmobile, (technically, both are non-graduate jobs, naija is just so funny that they ask for graduates when recruiting for MTN customer service).

Like I said earlier, we have different value systems. Some people actually prefer working in Mcdonalds than in these naija banks, and it's entirely up to them, don't go calculating how they manage their earnings for them, okay?
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by ssRhino: 7:45pm On Aug 22, 2008
lepashandi:

I am making an appeal to Seun to ban all these so called diasporic Nigerians from coming to this forum - they think they are better than everyone else because they live abroad - forgetting people lived there way before they were born and even will continue to live their when they are gone.

Why are you on this forum if you don't want to identify with Nigeria?

Pls dont make a mistake thinking that i am anti- nigeria, i am a nigerian and will always be, however, let us join hands and be real, nigeria is phucked up and needs some changes, and till we all face the fact that it is not working, nothing will happen, now tell me what you enjoy out of all you have said since, you work in nigeria and you have to pray and fast be4 ur boss deem it fit to pay u your salary at the end of the month, to me, that is called slavery.

(1) (2) (3) ... (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) (14) ... (25) (Reply)

Kiki Osinbajo Steps Out In Lovely Gown / Hungary: Landlord Threatens To Throw Nigerian Embassy Out Over Unpaid Rent / Why Saraki Was In Our Office – EFCC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 83
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.