Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,201,382 members, 7,978,227 topics. Date: Thursday, 17 October 2024 at 10:39 PM

'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora - Politics (10) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Politics / 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora (27665 Views)

Poll: Should Nigerians abroad take this call seriously?

Yes: 30% (27 votes)
No: 70% (63 votes)
This poll has ended

Buni Yadi Residents Return Home Years After Boko Haram Attacks / Kill PDP Before It Kills All Of Us, Buhari Charges Nigerians / 2015: Vote Out Incompetent Leaders, Kumuyi Charges Nigerians (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (25) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by idupaul: 6:26pm On Aug 22, 2008
you can't even stay out late in ikeja.

Liar, see i have gone out to club in ikeja with a lot of money on me , my bike and my laptop and rode back to the island at bout 4 in the morning alone and nothin happened , i did nt even see any mugger like person.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by madamkoko: 6:27pm On Aug 22, 2008
L O L

rode back in what ? a car or okada ?

When u're in Nigeria you have to be sharp you know

A mugu can't live in Niger.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by buzugee(m): 6:29pm On Aug 22, 2008
lol ok kobojunkie now i know you are a big liar. first off unless you have seen your friends paycheck and how they live don't come here spouting third party lies. reminds me of this movie called THE GURU. dude lived in india and was always getting stories about how his friends and cousins all lived in penthouses and had good jobs and drove bmws. he was fascinated and wanted to go to new york. only to find out his friends lived in a tiny rodent infested apartment with about 4 of them in one room lol. you think say if my life suck in london i will tell you the truth so you go laugh me ?  cheesy mugu
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 6:29pm On Aug 22, 2008
madamkoko:

I agree thats a bit personal but please let her decide if she'll share such info.

Mr Kobojunkie never out of words.

uuumm, why not let him answer the question himself?
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by ssRhino: 6:29pm On Aug 22, 2008
idupaul:

Liar, see i have gone out to club in ikeja with a lot of money on me , my bike and my laptop and rode back to the island at bout 4 in the morning alone and nothin happened , i did nt even see any mugger like person.

u mean u didint even see the robbers in uniform saying you look like "19"
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by madamkoko: 6:30pm On Aug 22, 2008
L O L. you people will not kill me with laughter
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by madamkoko: 6:31pm On Aug 22, 2008
uuumm, why not let him answer the question himself?

Mr obojunkie, I'm responding to you and not to him. wink
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by ssRhino: 6:36pm On Aug 22, 2008
onyinye2:

Oka mind you that i am still in school. And why do you need to know anyways. . . .
You see first of all Mr. Paul. I have done things to help Nigeria. I have helped my father spread the word so that he can raise funds for the hospital that he rebuilt. I have sent basic necessities to kids in Sierra Leone.
WHAT ARE YOU SERIOUS!?! Pleas i dare you to survive living in an area that i use to live in, then come talk to me.

common, go and survive one day in Ajegunle, and then come back and tell me if you have seen anything yet, live in a place where your house is built with woods on water and while you sleeping u see gutter running under ur house.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by madamkoko: 6:38pm On Aug 22, 2008
aaah, You're referring her to Ajegunle.

How about one of those worn down boarding schools, where they treat people like maggots.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 6:39pm On Aug 22, 2008
buzugee:

lol ok kobojunkie now i know you are a big liar. first off unless you have seen your friends paycheck and how they live don't come here spouting third party lies. reminds me of this movie called THE GURU.

dude lived in india and was always getting stories about how his friends and cousins all lived in penthouses and had good jobs and drove bmws. he was fascinated and wanted to go to new york. only to find out his friends lives in a tiny rodent infested apartment with about 4 of them in one room lol. you think say if my life suck in london i will tell you the truth so you go laugh me ?  :Dmugu

Hhhmm…so I need to see their paychecks to know they have houses in London and see the car they have been using for years? Interesting how everyone else is made a liar so you can claim you are being MISTREATED by everyone else but yourself. I don’t know of your life in London but I am telling you of the lives of Nigerians in London that I know. Actually here is a run down

One works for the city of Birmingham as a Social Worker or something down that line. She owns her own house and drives back and forth to work in her car, which she hopes to exchange for a new one this year

Three of them are lawyers in London itself
One is a doctor. Graduated recently and already working as an optometrist since she had that qualification before going back to medical school to become a surgeon

One is married to a Lawyer and owns an online business on Ebay. She loves designer wear and shopping as she is a stay at home wife as well.

Five others happen to be IT buddies of mine whom I work on various projects with. Two of them own IT businesses.

One happens to be my very close friend who is looking to fix up and rent out his house soonest so he can move to the states, NY to be specific

Five others happen to be friends from back in my University days in Nigeria. They are all doing real well for themselves in different fields. One owns an internet business. 2 others are in Law school but have jobs on the side that pay them real well (Using degrees from Nigeria and certificates earned through classes here to their advantage).

By the way, I have known all of these people at least 5 years ( some since I was a child). Are you sure I am a liar or you are just desperately fishing for any thing to claim you are right even when it is clear that there are many Nigerians in the same UK who do not share the same issues that you apparently claim?

can you prove to me that these people are

1) Not in the same London as you live in

2) Miserable

3) Think living in the UK sucks
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by daACEman(m): 6:40pm On Aug 22, 2008
Returning home would be a very noble thing to do,but think about the crime and corruption,you almost cant afford to be an honest uncorrupted person.

Me and my father returned to Naija and he worked for a Governor who I will not name,he wuz hijacked at least 3 or 4 times that year alone, And I will let that story end there.

Until the country situates itself if doesnt really deserve the people that left with all of these degree's and qualification-point blank.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by christie07(f): 6:40pm On Aug 22, 2008
@ topic,
Governor Fashola , we like u and we love ur programme in Lagos state ,
We assure u , if only u can work on energy( electricity ), security , etc, we shall be back in a moment, grin grin grin,
damilola a proud Nigerian.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by onyinye2(f): 6:41pm On Aug 22, 2008
$$Rhino:

common, go and survive one day in Ajegunle, and then come back and tell me if you have seen anything yet, live in a place where your house is built with woods on water and while you sleeping u see gutter running under your house.
Oka let's just meet the middle ground and say we have both seen the bad and good of what life has to offer.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by ssRhino: 6:43pm On Aug 22, 2008
madamkoko:

aaah, You're referring her to Ajegunle.
How about one of those worn down boarding schools, where they treat people like maggots.

Yes oh, i am yet tor efer her to those kinda place oh, where she wanna $shit and she is fighting with big coachroaches for the hole, and rats are telling her welcome to our domain.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by onyinye2(f): 6:44pm On Aug 22, 2008
da ACE man:

Returning home would be a very noble thing to do,but think about the crime and corruption,you almost can't afford to be an honest uncorrupted person.
Me and my father returned to Naija and he worked for a Governor who I will not name,he wuz hijacked at least 3 or 4 times that year alone, And I will let that story end there.
Until the country situates itself if doesnt really deserve the people that left with all of these degree's and qualification-point blank.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by ssRhino: 6:44pm On Aug 22, 2008
christie07:

@ topic,
Governor Fashola , we like u and we love your programme in Lagos state ,
We assure u , if only u can work on energy( electricity ), security , etc, we shall be back in a moment, grin grin grin,
damilola a proud Nigerian.

If he can fix all that, i will be the first to get back to nigeria, i cld even leave from office.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by buzugee(m): 6:46pm On Aug 22, 2008
:d
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by idupaul: 6:47pm On Aug 22, 2008
Hhhhmmm,  So if she does not LEAVE THE KIDS she is already helping( basically dump them and deem them not worthy) and move out to Nigeria to help the Nigerian kids instead, Nobody else will do it? What are the millions of nigerians in nigeria? LEPERS?

no but one extra hand will make things better.

Oka mind you that i am still in school. And why do you need to know anyways. . . .

hope when u finish , u will be on ur way home to contribute ur quota.

I have helped my father spread the word so that he can raise funds for the hospital that he rebuilt. I have sent basic necessities to kids in Sierra Leone.

thank u for the hospita, hope twas in naija, wetin carry u go face seiraleone children when naija kids also need ur help.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by lepashandi: 6:47pm On Aug 22, 2008
fASHOLA IS CALLING ON THE WELL TO DO AND REASONABLE NIGERIANS ABROAD - NOT HE SILLY ONES WHO HAS NOTHING TO GIVE BACK TO THE COUNTRY - AND UNFORTUNATELY, THE SILLY, EMPTY HEADED ONES ARE THE ONES WHO SHOUT THE LOUDEST - WHO CARES IF YOU ROT WHERE YOU ARE?NIGERIA DOESNT MISS ANY ONE WHO LEFT - HAVE YOU EVER ASKED YOURSELF IF THE COUNTRY ACTUALLY CARES IF YOU COME BACK TO LIVE IN THERE OR NOT? NO - NOONE CARES - THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO IT WILL PAIN ARE THE PEOPLE WHO YOU MANAGE TO SEND TRICKLES OF MONEY TO AT HOME TO EAT - BUT FOR THE COUNTRY - SHE CARES LESS IF YOU COME BACK OR NOT - OR DO YOU THINK NIGERIA WILL ONLY PROGRESS WHEN YOU COME BACK OR WHEN YOU LIVE IN IT - HAHAHAH.

STAY THERE - CONTINUE TO WIPE OYINBO BUTT - CLEAN THE STREET - FLIP BURGERS - ALL IN THE NAME OF NIGERIA IS BAD - PITY.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by lepashandi: 6:50pm On Aug 22, 2008
i cant keep laughing - even the people in togo are saying that fashola wants them back? hunnn - this is why the diasporic people are very empty headed.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 6:51pm On Aug 22, 2008
buzugee:

first off  social workers don't earn much in london
a lawyer in london earns peanuts
doctors are not that well paid,
IT guys are paid alright
so from this ya rant i can see that your friends are what they call SHOWERS but not HAVES. with their proffesion they have being given lots of credits and mortgages and credit cards and the likes. doesnt negate the fact that they are broke asses living on credit. if any of them can show me a million pounds in their bank accounts i will bow for them. until then they are just borrowers.
me myself, i am a developer. made my first real money when i moved out of london to manchester. you can't make no real money in london unless you belong to the ol boys club cheesy

Kai!!! Some People come with all the EXCUSES in the world, no matter how IRRATIONAL!!! ROFLMAO!!! So now you are a PSYCHIATRIST, able to analyze me and my friends!! Kai!!! Some people are hopeless!!!

Please check the following Links for an average and come back to tell us this again

http://www.worldsalaries.org/uk.shtml

Anywho, You have a nice life!!!! There are other people to attend to.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 6:53pm On Aug 22, 2008
idupaul:

no but one extra hand will make things better.

Them tell you say the problem is lack of people to do the work?? We have MILLIONS of unemployed people right there in Nigeria that can handle the work. Again, are they LEPERS?
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by ssRhino: 6:54pm On Aug 22, 2008
lepashandi:

fASHOLA IS CALLING ON THE WELL TO DO AND REASONABLE NIGERIANS ABROAD - NOT HE SILLY ONES WHO HAS NOTHING TO GIVE BACK TO THE COUNTRY - AND UNFORTUNATELY, THE SILLY, EMPTY HEADED ONES ARE THE ONES WHO SHOUT THE LOUDEST - WHO CARES IF YOU ROT WHERE YOU ARE?NIGERIA DOESNT MISS ANY ONE WHO LEFT - HAVE YOU EVER ASKED YOURSELF IF THE COUNTRY ACTUALLY CARES IF YOU COME BACK TO LIVE IN THERE OR NOT? NO - NOONE CARES - THE ONLY PEOPLE WHO IT WILL PAIN ARE THE PEOPLE WHO YOU MANAGE TO SEND TRICKLES OF MONEY TO AT HOME TO EAT - BUT FOR THE COUNTRY - SHE CARES LESS IF YOU COME BACK OR NOT - OR DO YOU THINK NIGERIA WILL ONLY PROGRESS WHEN YOU COME BACK OR WHEN YOU LIVE IN IT - HAHAHAH.

STAY THERE - CONTINUE TO WIPE OYINBO BUTT - CLEAN THE STREET - FLIP BURGERS - ALL IN THE NAME OF NIGERIA IS BAD - PITY.

U seems to be starting on the wrong foot.
Fashola wants pple back and, please tell me what has he got to offer the pple that he wants back, fair enuf, like u said, he want just the proffessionals, average prffessionals are making like 100K a year, so what has he got to offer them, and mind you, there are better security and dont have to fast and pray for light to be constant and dont ave to bribe water corp for u to have water oh, so pls, justify ur anger.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Uche2nna(m): 6:55pm On Aug 22, 2008
Kobojunkie:

Them tell you say the problem is lack of people to do the work?? We have MILLIONS of unemployed people right there in Nigeria that can handle the work. Again, are they LEPERS?

I dont think Fashola is making this call cos of a dearth in man-power. Skills and INVESTMENT might be the reason for his call.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by ssRhino: 6:56pm On Aug 22, 2008
Uche2nna:

I don't think Fashola is making this call because of a dearth in man-power. Skills and INVESTMENT might be the reason for his call.

Investement ? please leave that alone, there are more money in nigeria than anywhere in da world, skills, nigerians in nigeria are smart, so i am yet to know what he wants
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by idupaul: 6:57pm On Aug 22, 2008
Skills and INVESTMENT might be the reason for his call.

tell em
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by buzugee(m): 6:58pm On Aug 22, 2008
cheesy
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Kobojunkie: 6:58pm On Aug 22, 2008
Uche2nna:

I don't think Fashola is making this call because of a dearth in man-power. Skills and INVESTMENT might be the reason for his call.

The conversation with @Idupaul is not about Fashola's call.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by onyinye2(f): 7:00pm On Aug 22, 2008
lepashandi:

This is funnier than my favorite movie Mr. Ibu. grin grin grin grin Look at this one here. She speaks as if she is betta than anybody. Shoot child you is nothing oka. Nothing. How in the world did you get into that so called superior european school eh? Did your father scam you in there or what because no educated person would speak like this. Why do you constantly say that we flip burgers and sweep streets when you know we are business people, doctors, lawyers, professors? Does it hurt to know that folk are actually doing better than you think so you spread faulty information? Wow this is the funniest for ignorant post to be read.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by christie07(f): 7:01pm On Aug 22, 2008

SHIORRRRRR, ODE OSHI!!!!!

i guess u r 1 of the unfortunates , cuz u've been refused entry several times  . u better wait 4 our western union , if u don't mind u can even send me ur datas,   grin grin
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by tpia: 7:01pm On Aug 22, 2008
onyinye2:

Until the country situates itself if doesnt really deserve the people that left with all of these degree's and qualification-point blank

the problem with this statement is maybe there are too many Nigerians with degrees who turn up their noses at working with their hands.

Nigeria clearly has a lot of infrastructural as well as technological needs.

Having a degree doesnt mean people should turn up their noses at working with their hands if need be. Thats one thing about developed countries and especially whites- they love doing blue collar work like carpentry, home repair,painting etc, no matter their level of education. They do these things as hobbies, volunteer work or simply as a way to unwind. Not to mention saving money. Anyone assuming the big crowds at Lowe's and Home Depot are all uneducated people, is sadly mistaken.

Nigerians, on the other hand, would consider it a sign of madness if someone with plenty of university education, showed an interest in bricklaying or carpentry. If you are called a chief or have some kind of title, its even worse.

Achebe described this mentality in No Longer at Ease when people criticized Obi for turning up for a function in his shirtsleeves due to the hot weather,while everyone else was decked out and sweating in their expensive attire.

That thread showing pictures of a neglected school in Lagos, for example. Everyone is there shouting but ask them to borrow a leaf from Habitat, get down and dirty, and repair and repaint that school , and they will all vanish since govt is not spoonfeeding them. But an oyibo can do all that and more, happily, regardless of his/her level of education.
Re: 'Return Home', Fashola Charges Nigerians In Diaspora by Uche2nna(m): 7:02pm On Aug 22, 2008
$$Rhino:

Investement ? please leave that alone, there are more money in nigeria than anywhere in da world, skills, nigerians in nigeria are smart, so i am yet to know what he wants

Do You just conjure facts from thin air ?   What sort of magician r u?

$$Rhino:

It is either You want to be sarcastic or You just don't know the meaning of the word skill. Since when did skill equate to being smart  undecided

(1) (2) (3) ... (7) (8) (9) (10) (11) (12) (13) ... (25) (Reply)

"How I Met & Fell In Love With Rotimi Amaechi" - His Wife, Judith / Switzerland To Transfer $300Million Abacha Loot To Nigeria – Minister / Ten Modular Refineries Reach Advanced Stage – Presidency

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 82
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.