Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,184,667 members, 7,924,174 topics. Date: Sunday, 18 August 2024 at 03:51 AM

Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? - Romance (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Romance / Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? (14056 Views)

When A Girl Is Dating A Guy Who Is Not Ready For Marriage / My Experience Dating A Nigerian Police / When Dating A Nigerian Man What Should An American Woman Expect? (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by solo2(m): 5:43pm On May 31, 2005
I hope you had not heard them talk about the 'sugar daddy' of a thing?
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by Nobody: 7:54pm On Jun 03, 2005
I still remain: keep your Thomases and Pinkys to yourself.

If you dey find money, go and stand on the road. Do it once and get out. But dating a married man and (indirectly or what the hell directly) breaking up a marriage is very wrong.

Please let's be cool and do things the right way. Theres no excuse for that. It's inexcusable.
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by solo2(m): 1:41pm On Jun 06, 2005
We all know that is wrong , but I asure that it is happening every where in our society till today.
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by Seun(m): 1:58pm On Jun 06, 2005
That is because we are an immoral society. We have no qualms with doing something one night, then waking up the following morning to declare that it is 'wrong'.

A white man will say "it is ok to do it in some circumstances", and then do it.
A Nigerian woman will say "it is very wrong to do such a thing!!!", then do it!
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by Ra(f): 4:56pm On Jun 06, 2005
A Nigerian woman? I could have sworn a Nigerian man has to be present and consenting for this wrong-doing to take place. Na wah o, you guys just like dissing on women. And one important fact is that the guy is the married one. While the lady's actions are by no means excusable, the guy ought to serve 'double punishment'.
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by Seun(m): 1:06am On Jun 07, 2005
It was deliberate. Apologies to Nigerian women, but the reason is that I have noticed that Nigerian women are less likely to justify cheating than the men, but I think they practise it just as often.
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by Seun(m): 1:07am On Jun 07, 2005
It was deliberate. Apologies to Nigerian women, but the reason is that I have noticed that Nigerian women are less likely to justify cheating than the men, but I think they practise it just as often.

Nigeria == Hypocrisy?
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by sage(m): 8:13pm On Jun 10, 2005
We are just hypocrites, or rather we pay lip service to one thing and do another. Westerners will stand by what they do but the typical African will say tufiakwa in public and still do the same in private. If you feel it's not so then visit our campuses and see. Is somebody out there trying to tell me that those girls don't know that the men are married? sad
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by Greatpeter(m): 2:14pm On Jun 24, 2005
Sage you are right.
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by dablessed(f): 8:16pm On Jul 01, 2005
In my opinion, it is absolutely wrong to date a married man/woman.

I for one, will never ever do it!

I urge you not to!
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by abrakson(f): 6:02pm On Jul 06, 2005
its wrong no need justifying it cos u have to put urselve in the womans shoes how will u feel if it is done to u?do u find love in such situations?definitely not, it can only be a big lie [infatuation is the onl ting uu 'll feel]
it eventually break homes and creates enmity that promotes disunity that is seriously bitting deep in our nation
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by tayotina(f): 6:13pm On Jul 06, 2005
Infatuation? No my dear. There is nothing like it in that kind of relationship. What exist in that sort of relationship is selfishness, greediness, stupidity of the highest order and the likes.
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by abrakson(f): 6:28pm On Jul 06, 2005
lets face facts we all leave in a real world and not fantasy land so
my dears if he gives u a ring[calls]thats money if he pays ur bills {recharge cards,hair,rent,outings,cloths [ashoebes].......}these list will just be endless my darlyns all these involves pay even if it happens to be the minutest ting on earth he does for u,he definately had to move from a point to urs that equally involves some pay u know we cant run away from these fact of life{money is everything and every thing is money}
dont get me wrong is not like there is nothing done outside of money but the fact remains that money is chief when it comes to xpressing urself not only to ur romantically loved one it could be ur family or close frnds
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by littlesaint(f): 5:42pm On Jul 14, 2005
Do unto others what u want to be done to u...

If u date a married man, someday, .....someother lady will date ur husband!
If u date a married woman, someday.....Someother Man will date ur wife!!
If u cause sorrow to some other family u can't escape sorrow urself....

Better be right with God and Man. If u are not attracted to any single MAN or WOMAN, go look for a DIVORCEE or a WIDOW/ WIDOWER and be happy in ur territory!

After all, all u want is to have a partner to pay u attention abi?

Me.
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by hopy2005(f): 10:48am On Jul 15, 2005
Hopee my sweetie,
My dear I agreed with uooooo, wht u said is very, very acurate, I pray tht God in heaven we open the eyes of our youths through this nairaland to begin to live aright,
Come to think of it, wht ever a man sold definetly he must surely reap it, it might not be now, but later.
no two ways abt it,
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by Oracle(m): 2:49am On Oct 18, 2005
itz not advisable
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by kikelomo(f): 3:59pm On Oct 24, 2005
What God has put together......................................... fill in the gap. i'm sure it's quite self-explanatory and even a fool knows it's wrong. But then again are Nigerians morally upright?
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by sweetnini(f): 10:25pm On Oct 30, 2005
let no one put asunder
some married women curses girls that dates their husband ooo
to date a married man is very wrong
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by icingbaby(f): 11:53pm On Oct 31, 2005
why would any lady want to date an other lady like her husband, that is so wrong.
if some other lady did that to her will she like it. don't do to others what you wouldn't want others to do to you.
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by solo2(m): 2:01pm On Nov 02, 2005
Why we are still talking, I want to asure you that it is going on both in the street and school campuses.
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by whiteshark(m): 3:47pm On Nov 02, 2005
wrong meeen this is so very wrong.. As a guy, I will not do it and I do not know wat I will do if my sistah or daugther is caught doing this ohh..
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by larger20(m): 4:50am On Nov 09, 2005
My female friend right infront of her man said she is gona date me and she did it..she is still on with her guy..It really depends on family values which vary greatly from family to family...I would'nt like it though but I still dated her and had my own peice of cake..hehe
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by bell(m): 11:18pm On Nov 09, 2005
Jummy, I did not say that men generally can't keep their "thing" in their trousers, I only said some men. Don't forget I am also a man.

I agree though, that it is irresponsible on both sides.
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by icingbaby(f): 7:41pm On Nov 12, 2005
dating a married man of cruse it's wrong, why will any lady that have class want to date a married man, when they can find some single guy's. the only lady that will date a married man must like to make other woman like her angry or sad. dating a married man is very very very wrong, no lady should do that. the man belong to someone else, so live him along.
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by alheri(f): 10:38am On Nov 29, 2005
For me, its a no no. That was something I never did,wont advise my youger ones to. But I had friends who did and I didnt see anything wrong in it cos they are muslims. Infact, one of my best friends in school is her husbands second wife. THAT is not wrong cos her religion allows it.
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by nicetohave(m): 7:07am On Dec 10, 2005
If it is wrong. then dont think of it...if you know it is unthinkable..then you wont do it...dont do it. PERIOD!
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by christyne(f): 1:07pm On Dec 10, 2005
I think its wrong cos no girl will ever pray dt girls outside shd have her husband as an aristo wen she's married.
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by tiwa(f): 3:21pm On Dec 10, 2005
What an agenda!!!! but anyways it needs tackiling. This old men are what naijas call ARISTOS abi moparo nii.......
When i was a lil bit younger i used to think it is bad actually i still do depending on some basic reasons.
Do u all know that if a younger boy or a younger girl is bn deprived from some things like partying, going out with friends and some sort, 85% of them end up doing that when they are older that nobody will be able to correct them. Girls that are hidden at home are the ones that does this most if u guys agreeeeee (89% of them) not all though don't get me wrong.
But then these men we are talking about are greedy that's y they end up doing this stuff (going out with younger girls when dey don marry)
Although some men do it as a result of one problem they are having at home or the other u get me. But then it is not good trust me. That is termed "ADULTERY" in the Bible u know.

so men try to keep ur eyes off girls even though they tempt to be tempting u know what i mean. I know it ain't easy when u see a young girl with a nice pant and a very sexy open front side top, but all thesame take ur eyes off. Buy those stuff for ur wife so that she can wear them and u can see whatever u want to see 'cos she's all urs simple!
Thank uuuuuu.
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by larger20(m): 5:02pm On Dec 10, 2005
It is wrong...i wound'nt want u to date my wife.....Even though girls are temptations..if a guy is rich and get public attention...Some girls will like to compete for the guy. So ladies if u have such a man..hold him tight..just advising u now....there are so many vulture ladies grin grin
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by nicetohave(m): 5:15pm On Dec 10, 2005
Im sure they all know that...and im sure every man knows the worth of a good woman...or so i think cheesy
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by otokx(m): 1:14pm On Dec 15, 2005
very bad
Re: Dating a Married Man: what do Nigerians think? by Bisanke(f): 10:14am On Feb 12, 2006
I'm a nigerian and i pretty know what we like and dislike. But when it comes 2 dating a married man you are automatically known as gbokogboko -husband snatcher-! Or simply a ho.And by the time everyone knows that you are dating lagbaja's husband just know that everyone will not really want u 2 be close to them so you won't end up taking there husband aswell but what nigerian's really think about dating a married man is not very good o.

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Always Have Backup IF You Are Dating A Nigerian Girl / Is It Right For A Husband To Conduct Paternity Test Secretly? / How Do You Know When It's Time To Move On

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.