Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,421 members, 7,974,724 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 10:17 AM

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (101) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) (301126 Views)

Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here! / Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (432) (Go Down)

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 4:14pm On Jun 04, 2007
@Mustay

The thread's name being local.

Dont forget i am a local man thoughrouly.

Jose Morinho's branded Chelsea.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 4:21pm On Jun 04, 2007
@ lala THanks. @ akola god 4bid o but if d guy die today or he leave chelsea ko?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 4:22pm On Jun 04, 2007
and if you really r a LOCAL i suppose u support a blue team-eyimba?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 4:25pm On Jun 04, 2007
@Mustay

If jose leaves then we call it Berti Vogts' Chelsea( apology Loyiks) grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 6:25pm On Jun 04, 2007
D vogts man is a true 9ja by blood.
D guy condemned van barsten when he tried coaching d german national team from usa.
D same vogts couldn't practice what he preached when eNuFA gave him d contract.
If Jm leaves, I'll prefer ranieri to comeback
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Razorr(f): 8:50am On Jun 05, 2007
Guys, I've got some wonderful news.

There's gist in the media that Chelsea is about to sign a very good right back, Daniel Alves from Sevilla.  grin

Read http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2007250844,00.html

Liverpool has been interested in this guy for a while but it seems we are going to beat them to it!  grin   grin   grin   grin

The gist is that we would give Sevilla Paulo Ferriera or Boulahrouz and pay Sevilla about 12 million pounds for the Brazillian (Alves).  grin

I hope this is true, because the guy is young (24) and he has a reputation of being one of the hardest tacklers in La Liga.  grin   grin

If we sign him and one more central defender , midfielder and an entertaining Striker, we should be ok and our games wouldn't be boring no more!  grin   cool

If we sign Alves, Benitez would hate us forever!  tongue He'll never forgive us!  grin   grin

Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 9:12am On Jun 05, 2007
It will beexciting but i dont really want any high profile player.

Recall that Gilberto is probably the only brazillian that performed well in England others are paper-weight eg Baptista

I will rely on Jose that if we dont have any injury, we are very much ok with our current team.

We will beat all of them silly this season grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Razorr(f): 9:17am On Jun 05, 2007
Mr Kola, abeg no talk like that o.

We all know that we have a right back problem, so this would be a perfect solution to the problem.

The guy is still young and very talented.

Besides, I won't call him a 'high profile' player. He is just perfect.  cool

He is very much attack minded and would make our game interesting. The only problem with him is that he doesn't play defensively, but we can leave that to the other boys to handle.

Jose would make good use of him if we sign him.  grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 9:27am On Jun 05, 2007
@Razoor

Right full back is one of the easiest on the field.

If not for my big tummy, i could have offered myself for free to JM. grin

Lets get Aston Villa's Bouma or Chimbonda at a cheaper rate.

Alves is a ver good player but i don't wantmy two winged backs to beoverlapping winged backs.

Ashley overlaps so i don't want the other winged back to do the same that will expose my defence too much.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Razorr(f): 9:37am On Jun 05, 2007
I understand your point. But we have been critised for having slow players and boring games. We should add some flashy guys with quick feet to our squad to boost the entertainment quality of our games (for the enjoyment of our critics tongue ).

Alves is faster and flashier than Chimbonda. and he's young, so we can get a lot of quality years off him. cheesy
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 10:06am On Jun 05, 2007
Razorr:

1) I understand your point. But we have been critised for having slow players and boring games.

2) We should add some flashy guys with quick feet [/b]to our squad to boost the [b]entertainment quality of our games (for the enjoyment of our critics tongue ).

3) Alves is faster and flashier than Chimbonda. and he's young, so we can get a lot of quality years off him. cheesy

Do you bother about Critics?

Must we satisfy football fans or Chelsea fans?

Yorubas called those critics "ariwo-oja"

In 1988 nations cup in Morocco,All africa games(soccer) and Senegal 92, Nigeria was adjudge best team because of our so called entertainment.

In USA 94, we were voted second most entertaining team in the world but was booted out of the competion in the second round.

Stupid award as i call it.

In those competitions, i wept like babies.

## Everyone criticise Bolton as long ball team. Do they care?##

If i am not wrong, Boring football is watching football and dozing at the same time. That never happen in Chelsea's matches.

The problem is themoment we close the opposition and they play like headless chicken,they started saying that rubbish.

DID WE WIN THE PREMIERSHIP IN THOSE DAYS WHEN WE HAVE SETS OF THE BEST FLASHY PLAYERS IN THE WORLD? I mean Zola, Petrescu and co?

1) Who is slow in Chelsea? please tell me. Is it Ashley or Shawn?
2) Flashy for nothing? What is the position of the so-called best entertainment team in the premiership? Remember Barca is in big problem now.
3) I go for Chimbonda. He has"Never say die attitude"
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Razorr(f): 10:13am On Jun 05, 2007
Hmmm. . . That's your opinion.

What's the likelyhood of Chimbonda coming to Chelsea? Have Tottenham officials said they want to sell him?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Damose(m): 10:21am On Jun 05, 2007
Hey, the issue of flashy players,

i do not think that's the way out for now, all that maters to me and i believe to others is winning so let's forget about flashy or no-flashy for now.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Banderas(m): 10:22am On Jun 05, 2007
Dear Akolawole,
You have made a good point, however, let's look at the bigger picture here.

Bolton - boring football. I once went to see a bolton home game. It cost £15 to get into the stadium.  Arsenal is judged to be an entertaining team. As a result, their season tickets are the most expensive in the premiership. Do you know that Arsenal is currently the most profitable football team in the world, (profit after tax)? Do you know Chelsea is probably the worst?

Let me tell you something else. In the '80s, Italian football was all the rage. Back then most people had an italian team to support, not premiership as we have now. Regianna, Inter, AC, Juve, etc. What happened? Well, they started building their teams around their defence (sort of like Bolton. and Chelsea of course). The result? Well, in the top echelons of football countries (this would be England, France, Netherlands, Italy, Spain and Germany), the Italian league is currently the least profitable. The most profitable (for now) is the premiership because people only pay money to watch interesting football.

Oh by the way in "those days", chelsea didn't have the flashiest players in the world (That would be Romario, Roberto Baggio, and others). Zola played in his first world cup back then. What chelsea had was one of the flashiest teams in ENGLAND, not the world.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 10:25am On Jun 05, 2007
Razorr:

Hmmm. . . That's your opinion.

What's the likelyhood of Chimbonda coming to Chelsea? Have Tottenham officials said they want to sell him?

Very good and honest opinion though.

What is the likelihood of Alves coming to the Bridge?

If you want to join a high entertainning side, go to North London but before you go please speak to Gallas, he now knows the difference.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by manu4laif: 10:30am On Jun 05, 2007
@Akola,

I disagree that boring football is only when you sleep. It can be boring if it is not attractive to the eye. What makes it attractive ? Many things including breathtaking wing play,pacy counter attacking football, effective wing backs, creative midfield,(even some showboating),immense individual skills,etc. Chelsea has the players to deliver this but many games do not appeal to the eye probably due to formation and style of play. Nigeria's team of Saturday may actually have played a better game had a different formation been used,maybe.

Arsenal does not play effective football now. Entertaining yes,not effective.The entertainment value of their game now cannot be compared with when they had their unbeaten run and won the league .Then entertainment was very effective. They were quite a delight to watch(even if I hated their guts then) grin grin.

Nigeria in 94 was the second most entertaining team but remember that the most entertaining team evetually won the World Cup.

It's all about winning yes,but attractive football makes winning more compelling. Chelsea has players that can do it and we need to see more of it for the good of football. Those are the memories that endure.

WAN UNITED grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Banderas(m): 10:34am On Jun 05, 2007
Here's the thing. You have a team that's worth more than any stadium in the UK. And you couldn't win the premiership, you instead won two third-rate trophies. Your prize money for those two trophies is about, £15Million. Basically, you didn't win enough to buy Mr Shevchenko.

Naah men, I respect some of the chelsea players, but y'all are still struggling to perform.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 10:48am On Jun 05, 2007
Banderas:

Dear Akolawole,
You have made a good point, however, let's look at the bigger picture here.

1) Bolton - boring football. I once went to see a bolton home game. It cost £15 to get into the stadium. Arsenal is judged to be an entertaining team. As a result, their season tickets are the most expensive in the premiership. Do you know that Arsenal is currently the most profitable football team in the world, (profit after tax)? Do you know Chelsea is probably the worst?

2) Let me tell you something else. In the '80s, Italian football was all the rage. Back then most people had an italian team to support, not premiership as we have now. Regianna, Inter, AC, Juve, etc. What happened?

3) Well, they started building their teams around their defence (sort of like Bolton. and Chelsea of course). The result? Well, in the top echelons of football countries (this would be England, France, Netherlands, Italy, Spain and Germany), the Italian league is currently the least profitable.

4) The most profitable (for now) is the premiership because people only pay money to watch interesting football.

5) Oh by the way in "those days", chelsea didn't have the flashiest players in the world (That would be Romario, Roberto Baggio, and others). Zola played in his first world cup back then. What chelsea had was one of the flashiest teams in ENGLAND, not the world.

Where do i start?

I think you mix up few things

5) Maybe the better english should be sets of one of the best( flashiest) in the world. Do you remember when we snap Babayaro fron Belgium. What a player at that time? What of Vialli, Romania sensation in Petrescu.

4) Most profitable? Who says? You better call it most money-spanning

3) You are very wrong. Building team around defence? No Sir. Are you saying Premiership is better than Laliga in terms of quality? The simple reason is Money is pumped into premiership which attracted foreign players Not necessarily the very best in terms of investment. did you remember Asec Mimosa and Africa sports of ivory coast. Ivorian League at a time used to be the best in Africa not because there are better players but a lot of money was pumped in there.

2) simple reason was money. Baggio was once the most expensive footballer in the world at £7m. what can that buy today in premiership?

1) Arsenal most profitable? For where? Give me the link now now. I dont know how much Arsenal ticket cost but can you provide us with how much the season ticket of the big 4 cost. £15 for Bolton ticket, i am sure thats not a premiership ticket. Please confirm.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 10:53am On Jun 05, 2007
Banderas:

Here's the thing. You have a team that's worth more than any stadium in the UK. And you couldn't win the premiership, you instead won two third-rate trophies. Your prize money for those two trophies is about, £15Million. Basically, you didn't win enough to buy Mr Shevchenko.

Naah men, I respect some of the chelsea players, but y'all are still struggling to perform.

I see.

I choose who i reply, i thought i am having constructive argument with a football fan.

Its obvious you are arsenal fan but the moment i read that Osama is a gunner, i say no wonder.

I am still expecting the link to your facts above including £15 bolton ticket.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 11:11am On Jun 05, 2007
manu4laif:

1) I disagree that boring football is only when you sleep. It can be boring if it is not attractive to the eye. What makes it attractive ? Many things including breathtaking wing play,pacy counter attacking football, effective wing backs, creative midfield,(even some showboating),immense individual skills,etc.

2) Chelsea has the players to deliver this but many games do not appeal to the eye probably due to[b] formation and style of play. [/b]

3) Arsenal does not play effective football now. Entertaining yes,not effective.The entertainment value of their game now cannot be compared with when they had their unbeaten run and won the league .Then entertainment was very effective. They were quite a delight to watch(even if I hated their guts then) grin grin.

4) Nigeria in 94 was the second most entertaining team but remember that the most entertaining team evetually won the World Cup.

It's all about winning yes,but attractive football makes winning more compelling.

5) Chelsea has players that can do it and we need to see more of it for the good of football. Those are the memories that endure.

Baba, Let me give it to you

1) I have defined Boring many times on Nairaland and i think i am tired of it. We have a very good winged back if not the best combination in the country but we missed them on injury. Please see this
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lTQZpdL4HP0

2) Why must we play the formation the opponents want? Why. United came to the FA cup final with high hope. Were they able to play their game? No. Where is the so called Player of the year on that day? He is toothless we use Joseintelligence to make the Champions irrelevant. simple arithmetic.

3) No comment on Arsenal

4) If not our yeye entertainment, we could have beaten Italy, Spain, Bulgaria(again) and be in the final.

5) Memory for the opposition. Let me give you a vivid examples (1) when United play Arsenal in FA cup final 3 seasons ago. United play good football from the begining to the end while arsenal was rubbish tru-out, the only thing we remember now is Vieria carrying the cup. secondly you play Liverpool in anfield this season, you play rubbish tru-outand got a free kick in 93 minutes. What happen?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Banderas(m): 11:15am On Jun 05, 2007
Akola,
salutations. I am however not mixing up my facts. I am talking about sheer profitability, NOT investment. Profitability is measured by comparing money spent to income received.

Snapping up Babayaro from belgium was good, but remember that Amokachi, who was rated much higher that babayaro then was also snagged by everton, a team that was fighting relegation the season before. Oliseh was playing in Reginnia (Italy!!!)

Of course the premiership is better than La-liga in terms of quality. Of course!

The simple reason was NOT money. In the 80's and early 90's, english football was in shambles. They had been banned from continental football for a while, and it took them some time to settle back into the scheme of things. For a good part of the early '90s, no true professional wanted to come to England to play. England, for quite a while was rated even below Belgium, as a good league to play in.

Bolton is one of the teams with the lowest stadium attendances in the top ranks of the premiership. And for a link see below

http://www.epltalk.com/images/premier-league-ticket-prices.png

And yes, I DID in fact see a Bolton match for £15. I also saw a Watford football match for £5. Yes, Watford was in the premiership last season

Oh by the way, why do you think I'm a gooner? Why is it that once anyone opposes the boooring blues, they accuse youb of being a gooner?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Akolawole(m): 11:24am On Jun 05, 2007
Banderas:

Akola,
salutations. I am however not mixing up my facts. I am talking about sheer profitability, NOT investment. Profitability is measured by comparing money spent to income received.

Snapping up Babayaro from belgium was good, but remember that Amokachi, who was rated much higher that babayaro then was also snagged by everton, a team that was fighting relegation the season before. Oliseh was playing in Reginnia (Italy!!!)

Of course the premiership is better than La-liga in terms of quality. Of course!

The simple reason was NOT money. In the 80's and early 90's, english football was in shambles. They had been banned from continental football for a while, and it took them some time to settle back into the scheme of things. For a good part of the early '90s, no true professional wanted to come to England to play. England, for quite a while was rated even below Belgium, as a good league to play in.

Bolton is one of the teams with the lowest stadium attendances in the top ranks of the premiership. And for a link see below

http://www.epltalk.com/images/premier-league-ticket-prices.png

And yes, I DID in fact see a Bolton match for £15. I also saw a Watford football match for £5. Yes, Watford was in the premiership last season

Oh by the way, why do you think I'm a gooner? Why is it that once anyone opposes the boooring blues, they accuse youb of being a gooner?

I have to go out now.

Will reply you when i return.

Amokachi greater than Baba?

Do you think they were snapped up at the same time?

I dont mind opposition, i enjoy it and i am just Chelsea fan not stupid Chelsea fanatics.

What club did you support?

£15 to watch which match. I mean Bolton versus which team [ For the benefot of some of us who never watch those matches]
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by manu4laif: 11:27am On Jun 05, 2007
Bros Akola,
Just a few points,

1.No comments.

2.Neutralising opponents and attractive football are not mutually exclusive events.AC/Barca 94,Ajax/Milan 93,Milan/Man U 07,etc

3.No comments

4.What got us out in 94 was not entertainment but forgetting that the game is not over until "the fat lady sings" grin

5.Even teams that play really attractive football come out on some days to play 'rubbish'. That is when they need to dig into their reserve and scrape something. That's when you are happy to simply win . Thankfully for a truly (effective)entertaining those days come few and far between.

Your comments?

WAN UNITED grin grin grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by tng(f): 11:37am On Jun 05, 2007
Hi razorr.
Kola, chimbonda wont come cheaper than alves because i dont think TH would let him go that easily and all that fuss about chelsea playing boring football is beacuse they know we have the quality.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Banderas(m): 11:42am On Jun 05, 2007
tng:

Hi razorr.
Kola, chimbonda wont come cheaper than alves because i don't think TH would let him go that easily and all that fuss about chelsea playing boring football is beacuse they know we have the quality.

Oh, with £400 million spent on the club, you damn well should have the quality. It's just not showing.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by tng(f): 12:03pm On Jun 05, 2007
Oh, with £400 million spent on the club, you damn well should have the quality

Better soup na money kill am. And who says its not showing? We just like dancing to our own drums.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Banderas(m): 12:07pm On Jun 05, 2007
tng:

Better soup na money kill am. And who says its not showing? We just like dancing to our own drums.

Huh. You haven't yet won the champion's league. If anything, the "money" is not showing quite as much as it was. Scouser for life!
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by wormedup(m): 1:57pm On Jun 05, 2007
i'd rather pay 15m for chimbonda than 12m for alves.

what we need is a defender that'll stay back . if we need an overlapping rightback, wenger will happily collect 12m for eboue ! tongue *that'd definitely take him to the market* matter of fact, put diarra there and let him go anywhere around the pitch so long as he covers the RB position !

Banderas,
for starters, implications are not so good in most cases, especially where one was really directed in a discussion. i'll give u an example later.

question:
1. arsenal and profitability; how is arsenal the most profitable (after tax) ?

2. i'm tired of people scream "400m spent" here , "over 500m spent there" ; would u be kind enough to break it down for us ?
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Razorr(f): 4:42pm On Jun 05, 2007
Well well well. . .

It seems Sheva is not going anywhere afterall.

Chelsea has said Sheva is going to stay, so that's the end of that! cool

Personally, I think that's a good idea, as I believe the guy would be in better shape and form next season.

Let's keep our fingers crossed. cool

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2002390000-2007260057,00.html
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by somze(f): 5:14pm On Jun 05, 2007
@Razorr
How are you? Been a while. Hope you're ok. Anyway The Sun is a tabloid paper, do not believe what you read in it. I wont be surprised if we have nothin to do with that Alves rumour.

Personally we should pay no more than 6-8m pounds for a Right back. Abeg i dont want us to spend up to 10m on a defender or anyone else this season. Instead let our bad performers remain and improve.

Sheva going or staying - i can barely decide.

@Banderas
You very well mentioned a trophy we've not yet won, please also do well to mention the ones we've won.
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by wormedup(m): 5:41pm On Jun 05, 2007
i just learnt there's an inscription on the premier league trophy that reads :

"Don't touch scousers !"

what's the truth rate on that ? grin
Re: Chelsea Fans: Identify Yourselves Here (Old) by Mustay(m): 7:32pm On Jun 05, 2007

(1) (2) (3) ... (98) (99) (100) (101) (102) (103) (104) ... (432)

Manchester City Fan Thread!! / Official Juventus Fan Thread: Followers Of The Old Lady: (l'bianconeri) / Tottenham Hotspur Supporters Inc 2.0

Viewing this topic: 1 guest(s)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 84
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.