Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,200,422 members, 7,974,731 topics. Date: Monday, 14 October 2024 at 10:21 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (171) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (540071 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by ayefele200(m): 8:04pm On Jun 16, 2007
i hate ARSENAL
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 8:05pm On Jun 16, 2007
Arsenal has signed 2 players - Fabiansky confirmed, and some 16 year old Norwegian (unfconfirmed)

while on the issue of signings, I read this interesting article about Myles Palmer (ANR) on Ryan Babel. currently Myles thinks Babel is just an average player not really what arsenal needs,

"Is Babel worth £6 million at today's prices?

Maybe. Would he be as good as Overmars or Ljungberg? No. Would I be excited if he arrived at Arsenal?
Not really. But Arsene would improve Babel. How much he would improve him, and how quickly, nobody knows.
"

http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/news/639/42/

pretty negative huh? but a few years back, good ol' Myles wrote this about T14

"Thierry Henry may turn out to be a £10 million winger, but he is a £500,000 centre forward. Henry is not a David Trezeguet and never will be. "

http://www.anr.uk.com/anr.features41.html

on the basis of that same negative judgement, I propose that arsenal sign Babel immediately, another 'useless' player like Henry is exactly what we need cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 8:07pm On Jun 16, 2007
we signed sepp blatter, Issa Hayatou, George Weah,  and aki and paw paw angry  angry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 8:13pm On Jun 16, 2007
It's ok ya'll big brother has come to play!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by danniecool(m): 8:17pm On Jun 16, 2007
mukina2:

we signed sepp blatter, Issa Hayatou, George Weah, and aki and paw paw angry angry

what these three lovely players mentioned Arsenal is sure of glorious relegation next season grin grin grin

debosky:

Arsenal has signed 2 players - Fabiansky confirmed, and some 16 year old Norwegian (unfconfirmed)

while on the issue of signings, I read this interesting article about Myles Palmer (ANR) on Ryan Babel. currently Myles thinks Babel is just an average player not really what arsenal needs,

"Is Babel worth £6 million at today's prices?

Maybe. Would he be as good as Overmars or Ljungberg? No. Would I be excited if he arrived at Arsenal?
Not really. But Arsene would improve Babel. How much he would improve him, and how quickly, nobody knows.
"

http://www.arsenalnewsreview.co.uk/news/639/42/

pretty negative huh? but a few years back, good ol' Myles wrote this about T14

"Thierry Henry may turn out to be a £10 million winger, but he is a £500,000 centre forward. Henry is not a David Trezeguet and never will be. "

http://www.anr.uk.com/anr.features41.html

on the basis of that same negative judgement, I propose that arsenal sign Babel immediately, another 'useless' player like Henry is exactly what we need cheesy

thanks, settled tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 8:21pm On Jun 16, 2007
mr big brother, what do you think of Babel?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 8:35pm On Jun 16, 2007
debosky:

mr big brother, what do you think of Babel?
grin grin grin
I dont think of him. He's young and i've hardly seen him play, only once i think. I trust Arsene with his young decisions so lets see. you guys need wingers and i think babel would jump at the chance to take that role. About his price of £6m, by all standards this is a good price but Arsene always get them cheaper, i remember ljumberg, anelka and viera were ridiculously cheap. I wont put my money on seeing him at arsenal though, but lets see.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 8:38pm On Jun 16, 2007
thanks for the response sir grin

I haven't seen him play much either, but at 20, he is probably not at his peak yet, and he is a winger, it will be much easier to get him to play the way Arsene wants than trying to force Rosicky or Hleb into the wings at their old age.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 8:43pm On Jun 16, 2007
But after the competition do you think other clubs wont come calling?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 8:47pm On Jun 16, 2007
other clubs don't seem to interested for now, till other the other 'big' players are gone

besides the boy has expressed his desire to play for the gunners as well.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by danniecool(m): 8:48pm On Jun 16, 2007
hmmm lipsrsealed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 8:50pm On Jun 16, 2007
Expressing Desire is one thing, but wat if clubs from spain or italy proposes to pay more. Anyway, i think its high time Arsene snaps a winger up. The problem is that he takes his time before making decisions. He things it's all about Economics and all.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 9:01pm On Jun 16, 2007
I think you're wrong on that count, Arsenal is not like Milan and co who go about announcing who and who their targets are, by the time you hear about an Arsenal deal, that means its almost settled already. If Wenger is truly interested, you'll hear about it when the deal is about to be done.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 9:10pm On Jun 16, 2007
You seem to forget what happend to Shawn Wrong Phillips grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 9:13pm On Jun 16, 2007
well that overhyped English rat isn't Ryan Babel, his own case was different - money got into his head, as well as the hype, i'm glad he went to chelsea now, all that money down the drain wd've been really hard to take at Arsenal.

besides, Ryan's good friend Robin plays with us, there are so many reasons for him to consider the move here, IF Wenger wants him that is
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 9:20pm On Jun 16, 2007
This is one thing i do agree with - Phillips was over-hyped and over-paid for, but he did have a better previous season with Man City. Babel is much cheaper and would be under less pressure to perform. Seeing his fellow dutch player and friend may also help convince him of Arsenal. The guy wants to head to north london so if the italy and spain stay cool he could as well end up there.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Uche2nna(m): 10:22pm On Jun 16, 2007
mukina2:

we signed sepp blatter, Issa Hayatou, George Weah, and aki and paw paw angry angry

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 10:29pm On Jun 16, 2007
Uche2nna:

grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

sharrap grin the boy dey ask foolish question grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by somze(f): 10:41pm On Jun 16, 2007
na lie, u no sabe the answer grin
Chelski get sense pass arses
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Nobody: 10:42pm On Jun 16, 2007
VIVA JUVENTUS

I don talk my own finish!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Imani(f): 11:02pm On Jun 16, 2007
michelin89:

VIVA JUVENTUS

I don talk my own finish!

Look here angry  What has Juventus got to do with the Gunners? tongue

BTW, welcome back to Serie A.  cheesy [s]and try not to be involved in match fixing in the future[/s] lipsrsealed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 11:11pm On Jun 16, 2007
Michelle angry i suppose slap you sef tongue

you miss road grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by ikamefa(f): 11:12pm On Jun 16, 2007
yay! cheesy Viva las vegasssssssssssssssssssssss! " grin "
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by candylips(m): 11:16pm On Jun 16, 2007
ikamefa u still dey alive. how u dey kiss
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by kitaun(m): 11:17pm On Jun 16, 2007
who are these aliens invading our thread shocked shocked
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by candylips(m): 11:19pm On Jun 16, 2007
hey. keep quite there
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Nobody: 11:21pm On Jun 16, 2007
mukina2:

Michelle angry i suppose slap you sef tongue

you miss road grin grin

You nor fit do me anything! tongue

Imani:

Look here angry What has Juventus got to do with the Gunners? tongue

BTW, welcome back to Serie A. cheesy [s]and try not to be involved in match fixing in the future[/s] lipsrsealed

I can't promise this. Honesty doesn't make a rich man grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 11:23pm On Jun 16, 2007
ikamefaaaaaaaaa   shocked cheesy cheesy   its guners jare tongue wink

michelle .i go wound you o grin

this thread nor jokes tongue

lets take it outside ,so i can whoop ur butt tongue grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Nobody: 11:24pm On Jun 16, 2007
mukina2:

ikamefaaaaaaaaa shocked cheesy cheesy its guners jare tongue wink

michelle .i go wound you o grin

this thread nor jokes tongue

lets take it outside ,so i can whoop your butt tongue grin

come to yahoo make I put the ikebe for cam. Oya come whoop am! tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by ikamefa(f): 11:25pm On Jun 16, 2007
candylips:

ikamefa u still dey alive. how u dey kiss
i nor know sey you sef dey oh! grin T'sup?

kitaun:

who are these aliens invading our thread shocked shocked

the Aliens name is CANDYLIPPY grin

where is that Gunner chick? grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by mukina2: 11:43pm On Jun 16, 2007
ikamefa:

where is that Gunner chick?  grin

right here cheesy kiss wink

welcome durrling kiss

@ michelle put it grin i have these on cool grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Mustay(m): 11:47pm On Jun 16, 2007
Ahn Ahn!

(1) (2) (3) ... (168) (169) (170) (171) (172) (173) (174) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 46
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.