Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,191,775 members, 7,945,419 topics. Date: Tuesday, 10 September 2024 at 04:50 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (428) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (533837 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cougar: 11:52pm On Jan 22, 2008
@ nateevs,
u can forget about arsenal's challenge in the premiership. this defeat will demoralise them. u have to look at the margin of the defeat and the fact that they suffered it from their greatest rival. imagine liverpool losing 5-1 to everton. cheesy cheesy cheesy  chelsea pose more threat to man utd's title challenge than arsenal. 2 weeks without kolo toure and eboue and the gunners conceded 5 goals(without penalties) in 90 minutes. its unthinkable. cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
wenger will have a difficult time sleeping tonight. his invincibles just conceded 5 goals against spurs. somebody wake me i am dreaming.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 11:54pm On Jan 22, 2008
@ nazzyon

none at all mate wink

What bragging rights did we lose? To Tottenham? Of course. . .after 21 games, they've earned it wink

Gallas is passionate, he will get mad about losing, that is why I am not worried. . .last season maybe, but with the desire shown by Cesc, Gallas and Ade, let the premiership beware.

Someone is going to take the backlash from this and it won't be pretty. angry grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Uche2nna(m): 11:57pm On Jan 22, 2008
@ presido
What makes u think that Man U will hand a thrashing to Spurs. This is the Ramos era and not that of , wat is his name sef, Martin Jol era
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by presido1: 12:00am On Jan 23, 2008
Uche SAF dont care who is in charge, we are playing with the most attacking men in the planet right now. We are not ass-nal. Just hold your breath saturday will tell we will console you guys if you are ass-nal.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cougar: 12:05am On Jan 23, 2008
@ debosky,
i can only see two things happening after this emphatic loss. its either arsenal implodes or explodes. if we are to go by history, arsenal will implode. cheesy
@ presido1,
yes dude. united is in a different league to arsenal. ronaldo, rooney and tevez in attack? there's no way a goal wont surface in 90 minutes with the trio. let wenger continue to deceive himself that walcott will be the next rooney or ronaldo. it can never happen. walcott is not better than femi opabunmi. cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by ayusman16(m): 12:06am On Jan 23, 2008
I hope dis defeat would allow the arsenal hater have a two-minute erection for once. Afterall we got this far without having to lose a lowly rated team like Coventry at home. Bunch of twats. It still doesnt change anything. Gunners for ever i remain.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Iman3(m): 12:10am On Jan 23, 2008
This defeat won't make a difference to Arsenal's league aspirations.Had it been in the League that they lost,it would have been cataclysmic. I simply can't see how this affects them either way.

The only problem is that the defeat exposes a deeper malaise-Gunners form has been wayward since November.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by ritchboy(m): 12:13am On Jan 23, 2008
Man Utd losing 2-0 to COVENTRY @ HOME is just as bad as arsenal losing 5-1 to spurs away.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lare: 1:05am On Jan 23, 2008
What has Arsenals loss tonight got to do with man utd's loss to coventry?

Na wah for arsenal fans o.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 10:22am On Jan 23, 2008
They say, when a dog bites a man, its no news, but when a man bites a dog, it becomes headline news. In this case, the Dog rapes the man, so what do we call that then

Spuds 5 - Le Arse 1 cry

What more can one add to that, oh well i will give my own views on this, with THE GOOD(Trust me, there is a good side of this travesty grin), THE BAD, AND THE UGLY VERSIONS!!

Lets start with the bad shall we angry

THE BAD

First things first, i never thought in my lifetime, Arsenal were going to lose to Spurs by 5 goals shocked How the hell are we going to go to Sh@t Hart lane and lose by 5 goals angry That is unforgivable. We played "Pants" embarassed last night, no cohersion, no fluidity, no footballing what so ever.  Did we not know Spurs would be up for this We needed fighters in there, yet we had chokers tongue

Unfortunately some players will not cut it at the club,

1. Diaby: So lazy and nonchalant, we should sell him as soon as we can, The next Viera   tongue Bleep, the boy isn't even the next Ray parlour, talkless of Paddy V.

2. Walcott: As much as we all want Theo to come good, all the signs are that he might/will not do this at Arsenal. cry Wenger doesn't help the lad by playing him on the wings all the time though tongue (Not everyone is Titi, Arsene!?).

I hope he stays though and achieves his potentials with us (Cause if used in his rightful position, he will be very good).

3. Berti: Well i hope he retires a Gooner, like Bergy, but lets face it, Berti has lost the drive (Wenger also shares some blame in this). I don't think we should sell him though, i still believe he still has some performances in him, that will come through during the season undecided

4. Nicklas B Will look into Nics case later in my "The Ugly" analysis.

Having said all that, can it get any worst than this I very much doubt it, we need to put this behind us (which we will) and focus on bigger fishes.

My worry is, with Spurs finally breaking this Hoodoo (had to be broken sometime though, better last night i guess lipsrsealed), anytime we play them from now on, it will be war. Too bad we won't get that chance to rectify this humilation (there is no other word for it) this season, as we won't get to play them again. (unless fate does us a favour and pit us together in the FA Cup undecided Hey!! guess that would mean Manscum getting knocked out grin Its all Good).

All in all, this ranks up there as one of the worst (if not the worst) Arsenal performance i have ever had the privilege to watch. (being trashed by Scum United, Bayern M and Inter came close. losing to Sheff United last season also ranks up there embarassed, ahh  shocked losing to Leeds to hand United the title in 2002/03 season also comes to mind).

Face it guys, we were outclassed by the Spuds both legs, and it would have really been unfair for us to have gone through, Spurs deserve to go through (as much as it pains me to say it cry). Fair play to them. They should just do us all a favour and lose at the final grin grin now that would be a big laugh cheesy cheesy cheesy

On to the Good cool

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cougar: 10:38am On Jan 23, 2008
@ loyika,
u left me bewildered with ur comment. fairplay to you. cheesy cheesy cheesy if every arsenal fan sees football the way u see it on this forum then maybe it could be more peaceful. i blame wenger for leaving his guns on the bench. he should have started them and once arsenal leads 2-0 or 3-0 then he can take them off and let the theos, diabys and bendtners do the cleaning up. hey, u forgot to tell us about bendtner in ur "the ugly" analysis. cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 11:11am On Jan 23, 2008
Something do you NOTHING DO ME!! cool

THE GOOD

To start off with, let me quote a few lines from Blogger cool

"Wimbledon beat Liverpool in the FA Cup final. Sunderland beat the mighty Leeds in the same game in 1973. Greece won Euro2004. Wrexham beat Arsenal in the FA Cup. Korea beat Italy in the World Cup in 1966. Steaua Bucharest beat Barcelona in the 1986 European Cup final. Sp*rs beat Arsenal 5-1 last night."

"My point? Well, it’s that cup football can sometimes throw up the craziest, flukiest results you can possibly imagine, and Sp*rs beating Arsenal 5-1 is right up there with the best of them. And as poxy as it is I’d rather lose to Sp*rs in the Carling Cup than in the league."

Couldn't have put it any better cool

This was Cup footie guys, these things happen, Imagine Coventry beating the Scum at OT who would have thought.

For one thing, i am not really bothered that we are out of the Milk Cup (anyone that knows me, knows my views as it concerns this competition). What bothered me though was the scoreline and the opposition that inflicted it (but i have already addressed this in the bad, no need to relive it again cry).

Basically, this is our 3rd loss in the season, which in hindsight is not as bad as it will be made to look. besides, we were bound to lose to Spurs one day, so no biggie cool

Now anyone that feels that this will carry over to the other comps is just either plain stupid or is just being naive (No 2 seasons are the same, and Arsenal will not be knocked out of 3 major cups at a go like last season. That much i know).

What this will do is motivate the boys, and will act as something positive (most of the players will NEVER let themselves be embarrashed like that again this season).

For one thing, it showed that if Ade tries hard enough, he could end up being an "Arsenal Legend" , for now i still think its "Hit and Miss" when Ade is concerned, but he is gradually becoming a cult figure at the Emirates (always scoring against the Spurs (even when we lose) doesn't hurt, go ask Pires grin).

The boys will surely bounce back, and i hope it starts this weekend against the Toon Army. as much as i love Keegan, i want us to make Newcastle pay, for 2 reasons;

1. That draw we got, that led to us losing away at Boro, HOW DARE THEY RUN US RAGGED!! tongue

2. The fact that someone has to pay for the trashing we got, so why not start with the Toon

Hey make that 4 reasons.

3. For bending over backwards to get shafted by Scum United at OT angry angry

4. For even thinking of appointing that Walrus as their coach (How dare they angry they must pay for that folly tongue).

So as ya'll can see, bright days lie ahead. We lost last night, cry and drink the wine, THEN GET OVER IT!! We have 2 games coming up against the Toon to take care of. Make no bones about it, THIS IS AS GOOD AS ITS GOING TO GET FOR TOTTENHAM HOTSPUDS tongue

Now some stories to cheer us all up grin grin;

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2245325,00.html

Don't you just love the scummies grin grin grin

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2245324,00.html

Mums hey kiss don't you just love em cool I guess she doesn't see United as "A Big club" afterall grin Don't worry Mrs Ronaldo, No one here does also grin You heard the woman Divino, now do us all a favour and make her (and us) proud grin grin GO JOIN RUUD AT MADRID (You know you want to lad, at least you can switch looing at Shreks ugly mug, to looking at Van horse face grin grin).

And oh look, suddenly the Milk cup is not a priority for the Chavs

http://football.guardian.co.uk/News_Story/0,,2245327,00.html

Did Avram clear ranks with Nateevs before saying this

"I cannot say that it [the Carling Cup] is not important but if you want a true answer, I cannot say that this is the main thing for me," he said. "I cannot tell you that [winning] it will mean a lot to me. I want to win any game but for me, the main target is other targets."

Nooo ohhh Mr Grant shocked, don't say that oh!! NATEEVS'S LIFE DEPENDS ON WINNING THE CARLING CUP OH!! So that he can prove to us Gunners how experience matters.

Don't let the young man down like this, go all out and win the trophy, so that we can hear more bullsh"t about, how Chelsea are the masters of the Carling Cup (Lord of the Milk Cup cool) and so on tongue tongue.

grin grin grin grin

All in all, i feel, it wasn't really that bad (scoreline not being considered wink).

But i have a dilenma, do i now support the Northern Scum against the North London Scum or vis versa Fellow Gooners what ya'll think . And who do we root for, The Northern Blues, or the Southern Blue Chavs (couldn't really care less to be honest tongue).

Just imagine Chelsea makes it through shocked Wembley will be desecrated by not 1 but 2 Dirty scummy teams, from London embarassed tongue Thank God for disinfectants, cause they will need it, after those dirty Chavs and Yids leave the stadia grin grin

On to the Ugly tongue

tongue GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by xsay(m): 11:34am On Jan 23, 2008
I knew arsenal were going to get whipped in the butt like a bitch. tongue
We are far better dan u guys, and i know it was only going to
take time to proove that. for me Juande Ramos was the best
guy to takeover from martin jol. Adebayor, u a disgrace to Africa,
U r a mess even to your country as ur mates
(Essien, Drogba, Kalou, Mike and a host of others) are currently representing their Countries. You stay put in that bitch club playing Carling Cup and head butting your better one (Bendtner). :-XU are a disgrace. till we meet again next season. tongue grin

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by wormedup(m): 11:45am On Jan 23, 2008
ol boy ! shocked shocked shocked
i no fit shouti o !

meanwhile, wengay has been confirmed a plonker!
he should have just stuck with his 'young guns'; that way, it would have been easier to concede to this humiliation.
the arses are now ranked amongst newcastle, man city and derby - woeful losers of the season !

i kept looking at the arse squad on the second half : gallas-van nistelrooy, adebayor-pele, eduardo-maradona, fabregas-vieira, gilberto/diaby-pepe and all what not. yet ?
when i said ya arse got lucky a fortnight ago, y'all said the spurds can never win again. what a way to win tongue with the 'men' present.

emmanuel is a tout ! attacking young nicklas angry . why didn't he pick someone his own size; better still, try the sh!t out on fabregas tongue and see how face comes up grin

ramos did u guys a favor by subbing berbatov,lennon and robbie; we would have been looking at 9-1 scoreline.
now debosky thinks it good to lose - what fallacy !
i hardly thought the arse will be this mortified; at least, not this season. but lookie here;
1. derby county
2. slaving prague
3. newcastle
4. man city
5. arsenal
losing is good-for the arses indeed; but 5 - 1 lipsrsealed tongue
this is just as good as sharapova beating henin 6-4,6-0 grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 11:56am On Jan 23, 2008
Wormy tongue

Hasn't life taught you to never count your chickens We lost in a cup game by a huge goal margin embarassed, I DARE SAY THAT IF YOU CARE TO GO THROUGH CHELSEA'S HISTORY (or lack of it), you will find defeats of that nature being inflicted on you all as well.

Have your fun as much as you want, just thank God your gaffer has already given the "Benitez Excuse" just in case you come up short at Everton.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article3234617.ece

I BLAME YOU!! tongue tongue

Xsay grin

Savour the moment, its been so long a coming, what with 21 games grin grin thats almost a season of games.

Besides, what will you do if you end up not winning the Milk Cup when all this ends. THE SPUDS ARE CRAP, always will be tongue

Remember; JAZZ NO DEY WORK ALL THE TIME (It worked last night, lets see if ya'll don't resume your normal "Bent over backwards" position against the Scum on Sunday in the FA Cup grin

cool GOONER 89

Ya'll should shut up and let me complete my analysis now angry angry (Can't do it, if i keep having to reply to all your rubbish statements tongue).
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nateevs(m): 12:07pm On Jan 23, 2008
@Loyika

I was reading your first post about the good, the bad and the ugly of yester night and I was already in the mood to congratulate for a nice post and wondered aw you came about the non-loyika type of discussion until I read the second one.  

Actually, understanding the difference between WANT and PRIORITY is not a diffcult task at all. Avram says he wants something more. . . . he did not say it is not important. . . . and so he will not mess around playing KIDS. . . as well he did not say he doesn't want to win it.

We don't know where you stand. . . . . when you lost your lead on the table. . . . oh it's no big deal. . .
When you started putting in dismal performances. . . . oh ! it's no big deal
When you drew with Spurs at the emirates. . . . oh it's no big deal
You lost scandalously yesterday. . . . oh it happens!

The problem with arsene wenger is he does know when to turn around and say ok let's make a change to this and you fans blame Walcott. . . Bar-tender and Diaby. . . Wenger thot those boys will beat tottenham at white hart lane. . . he simply underatted them. There is a difference between keeping faith with your youngsters and simply treating a premiership team with ignominy.

I am not going to say a lot about your winning trophies this season . . . I am going to come back here end of march. . . you will tell me what happened. I bet you think you will win . . the FA cup. . . League and champions league. .

When things like these happen in the season, it sends a signal to other teams. . . . if you play tough you will not just beat arsenal . . you will outclass them . . . that's what you should be worried about. . . not about chelsea. . . not about history.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cougar: 12:17pm On Jan 23, 2008
@ nateevs,
great comment. to be honest, i knew they would lose last night but not by such scandalous goal margin. one thing about arsenal is the way their season disintegrates in a matter of weeks. this is arsene's 12th attempt to win the carling cup and he has failed yet again to win it. he should have stuck to his young'uns. i still cannot believe a team playing cesc, hleb, ade, eduardo and gallas can concede 5 goals in 90 minutes. it could have ended 9-1 if berbatov, keane and dynamic lennon had played 90 minutes. juande ramos must be a passive arsenal fan. i think spurs are a different side with robinson on the bench and ledley king in the back four.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nateevs(m): 12:22pm On Jan 23, 2008
Cougar:

@ nateevs,
it would have ended 9-1 if berbatov, keane and dynamic lennon had played 90 minutes. juande ramos must be a passive arsenal fan.

Of course. Guess what they played only about 60mins.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 12:24pm On Jan 23, 2008
Nateevs

Remind me again, how many games Chelsea have lost this season , I guess Villa outclassed you to get a 4 all scoreline at the Bridge.

Your problem is that, you do talk a lot of rubbish, that always overwhelms any good point you want to make.

Spurs haven't beaten us in 21 games mate, over like 10 years, and they beat us well last night. So what we should all commit sucide because we got knocked out of the Carling cup I guess Eto should go hang himself cause Egypt beat them silly last night as well.

Nateevs you are sooooooo fake tongue I can bring quotes from you on this forum (in this same thread) that said that you also felt we would beat Spurs at WHL (Just deny this and let me show you up for the hypocrite you are). Now because we lost, you come here with your normal bullsh"t

Grant said, "He will not be excited if Chelsea go through", now tell me how different is this from what Arsene has been saying all along about the Milk Cup.

Granted he took an unwise gamble last night, and it fell on his face, but if you think Arsenal's priority is to win the Carling Cup this season, then I leave you in your folly. tongue tongue

Like i said before; TOP MOST FOR US IS THE LEAGUE, Every other thing is second (That is my view). What Nateevs is top most priority for you as a Chelsea fan this season To wish that Arsenal do not win a trophy To see Arsene fail in his "Youth policy" WHAT IS IT MATE!

Put your money where your mouth is, and stop irritating us with your cowardly statements tongue tongue Always talking but saying absolutely nothing in the same process

tongue GOONER 89

P.S. Cougar/Jackal Losing to Coventry at OT was so brilliant. Stop making a moutain out of a Mole Hill, like you alwys say, "Sh"t happens in football" grin Enjoy/savour this as much as you can, cause this is the best your gonna get grin Like i said, MAN BITES DOG!! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by seunbballo(m): 12:25pm On Jan 23, 2008
fucking gunners was thrashed by a massive 5-1 by tottenham.shame on you. your team was gunned down so u became gunners!!! hahahahahah!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by wormedup(m): 12:27pm On Jan 23, 2008
loyika

ah yes, i went through our history and saw we thumped you guys 5-0 as well ! tongue
meanwhile, how many of those cup fixtures you "blogger quoted" ended with a 5-1 scoreline ?
i'll bet my neck, even if we lose to everton, it's not going to be 5-1, bloody shame!
gallas at top nine and not one single shot off target, much less on target ! John terry is a great striker to that grin tongue
loyika, stop deluding yourself; there's nothing good about the outcome of last night's game.
if you want to argue that; check ur post on "the good". i could hardly see a happy smiley until u started talking about chelsea and man utd ! tongue

"the Bad" and "the ugly"; i can live with those. "the good" - blatant lie !
and DESIST from relating yesterday's game to FLUKE ! there's nothing fluky about it.
be true to urself at least lipsrsealed tongue

nateevs,
say no more mate. let none get a heart attack on ur comments - leave that to me lol cheesy grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 12:46pm On Jan 23, 2008
Wormy grin

You are following Nateevs down the path of half truths grin My first smiley was put in my statement on Adebayor and how he could become like Pires. Go check your eyes mate grin grin

Secondly, Pray tell, how can you see any "Good" from last nights performance HAVE YOU SUDDENLY BECOME AN ARSENAL SUPPORTER!! Is it normal for you to see anything good in Arsenal Its like Jackal/Cougr giving Wenger praise/respect grin Never going to happen in this lifetime grin

(Once again, another Nateevs like statement creeping into your vocabs tongue).

Thirdly, I haven't given my "The Ugly" analysis yet, so how can you agree with it, when i haven't given it DO YOU NOW DO "MIND READING" CLASSES

All in all, Wormy, whether you go down by one goal tonight or by 7, YOU WILL BE OUT OF THE COMP!! So what ya on about

Ok its the Scoreline that has got ya wanking off grin grin self-service AWAY MATE!! You deserve the release grin grin

Now canyou all, at least delay your replies for 5 minutes, let me get my "The Ugly" anlysis out of the way, and leave the forum for you muppets to invade it asmuch as you like grin grin

PRETTY PLEASE!!

grin GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nateevs(m): 1:08pm On Jan 23, 2008
Half of what you said is slander.  Now bring out where I felt you guys will win at WHL

loyika:

Nateevs

Remind me again, how many games Chelsea have lost this season , I guess Villa outclassed you to get a 4 all scoreline at the Bridge.

Are you comparing last night's game with our 4-4 draw with aston villa? Are you alright?

loyika:

Nateevs

[Granted he took an unwise gamble last night, and it fell on his face, but if you think Arsenal's priority is to win the Carling Cup this season, then I leave you in your folly. tongue tongue

Like i said before; TOP MOST FOR US IS THE LEAGUE, Every other thing is second (That is my view). What Nateevs is top most priority for you as a Chelsea fan this season To wish that Arsenal do not win a trophy To see Arsene fail in his "Youth policy" WHAT IS IT MATE!

Firstly, he did not take a gamble. Don't call it a gamble. He was the manager at the first leg wasn't he? He saw what you pulled off. Why did he not play his strongest squad? because he underatted them.
Why has he not done business in the transfer window to bring in one world-class defender to partner Gallas in defence even though Toure is gone and it is clear senderos is not the best . . . . because he underrates the premiership. Simple. He is always thinking he can pull it off. . . and that is the same attitude that will cost you the league.

You think I wish you don't win a trophy.  Read what I have just posted it is clear to see. Not wishes bro.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tkb417(m): 1:12pm On Jan 23, 2008
i trust Loyiks. . .
where have you been? you fashied our side shey?

but, how can we explain this total bashing?
Nyways, im enjoying ur write up. Gimme the ugly, im waiting cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by wormedup(m): 1:16pm On Jan 23, 2008
loyika:

Wormy grin

You are following Nateevs down the path of half truths grin My first smiley was put in my statement on Adebayor and how he could become like Pires. Go check your eyes mate grin grin
bros, a lot of people on here would expect a lot of " grin cheesy wink smiley cool " smileys in ur "the good" post and not a bunch of " embarassed undecided cry angry angry angry " with an occasional " grin " in between.

Secondly, Pray tell, how can you see any "Good" from last nights performance HAVE YOU SUDDENLY BECOME AN ARSENAL SUPPORTER!! Is it normal for you to see anything good in Arsenal Its like Jackal/Cougr giving Wenger praise/respect grin Never going to happen in this lifetime grin
(Once again, another Nateevs like statement creeping into your vocabs tongue).

pray tell, what is good about yesterday that u lost by one of the hugest goal margins of the season ? that u got outplayed/outsmarted and all ? that u had gallas-van nistelrooy as a stiker who couldn't hit towards target ?
stop kiddin loyiks, there's nothing good about yesterday, ask wenger. tongue
this has absolutely nothing to do with club loyalty.
you'd only be deluding urself more to think there's an atom of goodness in yesterday's game.

Thirdly, I haven't given my "The Ugly" analysis yet, so how can you agree with it, when i haven't given it DO YOU NOW DO "MIND READING" CLASSES

i don't have to wait for ur "the ugly" analysis to know bro.
the game i saw yesterday had a whole lot to do with bad and ugly ! grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by presido1: 1:33pm On Jan 23, 2008
Chei

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by presido1: 1:40pm On Jan 23, 2008
What a disunited Team, fighting each other when they should have presented a united front like(Mighty United). In short Ade should be banned for three matches grin grin grin grin
As spurs slogan goes To Dare is to Do.

WAN UNITED

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by xsay(m): 1:57pm On Jan 23, 2008
loyika:

Wormy tongue

Hasn't life taught you to never count your chickens We lost in a cup game by a huge goal margin embarassed, I DARE SAY THAT IF YOU CARE TO GO THROUGH CHELSEA'S HISTORY (or lack of it), you will find defeats of that nature being inflicted on you all as well.

Have your fun as much as you want, just thank God your gaffer has already given the "Benitez Excuse" just in case you come up short at Everton.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article3234617.ece

I BLAME YOU!! tongue tongue

Xsay grin

Savour the moment, its been so long a coming, what with 21 games grin grin thats almost a season of games.

Besides, what will you do if you end up not winning the Milk Cup when all this ends. THE SPUDS ARE CRAP, always will be tongue

Remember; JAZZ NO DEY WORK ALL THE TIME (It worked last night, lets see if ya'll don't resume your normal "Bent over backwards" position against the Scum on Sunday in the FA Cup grin

cool GOONER 89

Ya'll should shut up and let me complete my analysis now angry angry (Can't do it, if i keep having to reply to all your rubbish statements tongue).

u call 6-2 jazz
jazz no dey work for football
get that into ur head.

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by presido1: 2:18pm On Jan 23, 2008
Irrespective of how good you play football you are not good until you win something
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 2:20pm On Jan 23, 2008
First of all let me get the plesantries out of the way.

Nateevs sad

Sorry mate, it was Cougar/Jackal that said we would eventually beat The Spuds, sorry for stating that you said so sad sad MY APOLOGIES!!. But you do talk a load of rubbish most times grin grin

TBK

I dey oh, just trying to live out a 5-1 thrashing embarassed By the way, what was that rubbish between you and Kit that i have been reading all day on the Manscum thread (In between repling Wormy and his hordes of supporters tongue).

Wormy tongue

Na you get your mouth tongue

Now on to the main discussion.

THE UGLY

Now there have been some ugly incidents in the game of footie, Zizou's headbutting incident, Totti's spitting incident and such. But when team mates argue on the pitch, it really is ugly. Case in point last night tongue

Last nights incident didn't get as bad as Kieron's and Bowyer's fight for Newcastle, or Bellamy's drunken brawl with Riise, or Ruuds bulling of Divino, and it wasn't as mild as Rio's arguement with   can't remember who he argued with during a Scummy game.

It was inbtw. Nevertheless it was ugly embarassed, the fact that someone was injured and someone had to be restrained at the end of the game, made it the more worrisome.

For sometime now, there have been intense rivalries among team mates at Arsenal, Henry's apparent dislike for Reyes / Freddie's dislike of RVP / Ashley's dislike for the whole squad grin readily comes to mind.

But with the old guard leaving, the only recognisable difference was with Lehman's loathing of Almunia, but even that was understandable.

However it seems that Nic B has an attitude problem on him, and has all the trappings of an "Infant terrible" in the mold of Slatan Ibrahimovic. Having looked properly at the whole incident, i put the blame firmly on Nic, i know Ade can be a bit of a prat, but i doubt he will ever react the way he did to a team mate if he wasn't provoked.

Nic B has been building a clear rivalry with Dudu which i have also noticed (They hardly celebrate each others efforts), and i very much doubt he will get along with RVP as well, as they are both "Selfish" strikers (who will pass to whom, if both are on the pitch).

Now don't get me wrong, i like his fiery nature and arrogance, (we need more of this among the players), but he should take the route of Flamini and leave the brawls for the opposition. It would be a shame if he chooses to alienate himself from the rest of the team (That would be a unwise thing to do). Its one thing to be cocky, its another thing to be downright ignorant.

As for Ade, he should grow up, and learn that he has a responsibility to hold the front line together, and act as a bridge for all the strikers, As Thierry H used to do (well when he was not busy sulking). He should not make other squad members hate Nic B, all in the name of keeping malice.

Gallas should please handle the situation, and make the boys focus this anger on opponents, rather than on each other. Thats why he is the captain (Wenger can't do much, and scolding them will only make things worst).

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/main.jhtml?xml=/sport/2008/01/23/ufnarsenal123.xml

Like i earlier said, TEAM MATES FIGHT ALL THE TIME (Go ask Joey Barton grin grin). However, they should channel that pent up anger to good use (like giving the Toon what for). Rather than squabble aimlessly on the field of play.

It was a clear show of shame by the Arsenal lads embarassed, and i hope it is handled in the right manner by the Captain. cool before the grummy FA get involved in something that doesn't concern them tongue

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/a/arsenal/7204144.stm

Silly buearacrats tongue tongue I expect "Mad Hatter Blatter" to release a statement soon by FIFA against infighting between team mates, the Plonker tongue tongue

Well thats me done with my analysis of yesterdays shambles embarassed WE MOVE ON TO THE WEEKEND and a date with the Toon.

Hope the boys put this behind them and get back to winning ways.

COME ON YOU RED AND WHITE ARMY!! THE SPUDS WILL NEVER BE US!!!

Interesting stuff here;

[b]"Party like it's 1999

— When Tottenham beat Arsenal on November 7, 1999 (the last time they tasted victory over their rivals before last night):

Big Brother had yet to appear on television.

Milton Keynes Dons were still known as Wimbledon and playing in the Premier League.

Arsenal were still playing their George Graham-era back four of Lee Dixon, Martin Keown, Tony Adams and Nigel Winterburn.

Theo Walcott, the striker, was aged 10.

— In January 2002, Tottenham ended a 26-match sequence against Chelsea without a victory by beating them 5-1 at home in a League Cup semi-final, second leg. Last night Tottenham ended a 21-match sequence against Arsenal without a victory by beating them 5-1 at home in a League Cup semi-final, second leg.

— Arsenal conceded more than four goals in a match for the first time since February 25, 2001, when they lost 6-1 away to Manchester United in the league

— Previous Arsenal defeat to Tottenham by three goals or more — April 4, 1983: Tottenham 5, Arsenal 0, top flight". [/b]

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/sport/football/article3235100.ece

cool GOONER 89

Wormy, i am through, you and your muppet brigade can freely roam these plains. grin

I see they have already started grin grin

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by presido1: 2:38pm On Jan 23, 2008
Spare us some space we dont need all the crap above. accept defeat and look forward for another defeat in the hands of KK(Kevin Kegan) boys.
How on earth can AW claim that he did not see the browl btw Ade and Bar-tender. Arsenal needed to prove they could win something after so long without silverware and the balls it up bigtime! last nights result was appaling, embaressing and just plain awful. as for Wenger saying the Carling Cup wasnt the priority, thats crap, any competition where you can win a trophy after 3 years without one should be priority. I wonder what else he is hoping to win when the bigger boys are still chasing FA cup, Premiership and CL.

C'Mon United we are not two and cannever be two. WAN UNITED.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Iman3(m): 2:46pm On Jan 23, 2008
@Loyika

About Mama Ronaldo's comments,she said something you folks overlooked;"T[i]hey are my favourite team,the best in the world. I would not like to die without seeing my son playing there. If he moved to Madrid I would go and live with him there. I love that city." [/i]

Did you see that? "If he moved to Madrid I would go and live with him there" If your mother threatens to come live with you,that is as good an incentive to do what will make her not live with you,not moving to Madrid.

Knowing Ronaldo's penchant for "entertaining" ladies in his house,the last thing he wants is mum casting a shadow over his activities.I was actually happy when she added that caveat.

Seriously,one other important point was missed.Ronaldo's mum also said she doesn't expect her son to move anytime soon.Nobody thinks Ronaldo is a Man Utd lifer,if he moves to Real in a 3 or 4 years time,nothing wrong with that.Man Utd has seen many great players in its time and the eventual transfer of Ronaldo won't alter that reality.

PS:If Ronaldo isn't such a great player,why are Gayners getting wet over his mum's comments?

(1) (2) (3) ... (425) (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 104
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.