Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,180,419 members, 7,911,030 topics. Date: Sunday, 04 August 2024 at 11:23 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (429) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (528132 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dapsycool(m): 2:48pm On Jan 23, 2008
dumb team cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy, mugu fans grin grin grin grin grin grin
Sack wenger the ijebu man, Ass Shit sucks, adebayor the beans seller, where is van pee shit, fabrefake is one ass hole too, infact the whole ass empire is f.cked up grin grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 2:53pm On Jan 23, 2008
Presido1 tongue

Yo know sometimes in life, Animals get the chance to interact with Human beings, Monkeys in Zoos, Dolphins at Aqua fairs. So it doesn't faze me when Cretins like you creep out of God knows where, spend their Parents hard earned money browsing on the internet, only to come on and show their utter stupidity

Please go through your post again, and see if it makes sense to you, cause it doesn't make sense to any sane person.

Who the Bleep are you fighting with clown

I think you should register your money in spelling classes, rather than coming here to pretend you are not part of the "Ape Race".

Instead of coming here to show your crass dumbness, i think you better handle your "household" problems with Gbenga. Imagine sleeping with your son's wife, don't you have shame tongue

cool GOONER 89

I-Man

Was only pulling ya'll scummies chain, anyway Real M have accepted Divino ain't going nowhere;

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/7204465.stm

By the way grin DO YOU STILL SEE RUDY G DOING ANYTHING!? I don't cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Iman3(m): 3:02pm On Jan 23, 2008
@Loyika

I am still waiting to see the effects of Thompson's withdrawal.Where will his supporters go? I have a feeling a sizable chunk of it will go to Romney.

McCain however has gained a momentum that is frightening but I still hope New York retirees in Florida will give Rudy the necessary votes to claim victory.Rasmussen(quite reliable) put Rudy 6 points behind McCain.The best news though. . . . .Huckabee's candidacy seems on life support grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nateevs(m): 3:08pm On Jan 23, 2008
@Loyika

Thanks for clearing the air on that mistake. Good one pal.

It's because you don't look very well b4 you post a point though.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 3:10pm On Jan 23, 2008
I-Man

Oh thou of little faith embarassed

Expect the Holy Ghost to do wonders for Huckey before the primaries run out.

But for real, i think McCain got this thing locked down (Only bad belly votes fit stop am grin). Rudy G scares alot of Middle class Americans. (Bugger scares the living daylights out of me, and i ain't American grin).

I would be shocked if he carried the day, then again, i would have been shocked if someone had told me Spuds would put 5 pass us shocked embarassed

embarassed GOONER 89

Nateevs

Leave jo tongue I hope Alex scores a hatrick (of own goals) tonight grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Iman3(m): 3:34pm On Jan 23, 2008
Never underestimate the extent of McCain hatred out there amongst Republicans grin The issue was discussed here-McCain Derangement Syndrome.

Operation Stop McCain has just began-http://www.realclearpolitics.com/articles/2008/01/who_will_stop_mccain.html

The man is a nuisance!! I was hoping those rumors few years ago that he will be joining the Democrats were true.He probably doesn't need to join the Democrats,he is already a Democrat masquerading as a Republican,kind of like a Manchurian candidate grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tkb417(m): 4:12pm On Jan 23, 2008
@Loyiks
nice write up man. . .
Dont mind KIT, everything died down sha.

How is PH? heard the Main man Tom Ateke is laying down arms!!

i hope you guys will bounce back. And why will Adebayor injure that small boi?
he needs to be flogged for real grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by folahann(m): 4:24pm On Jan 23, 2008
Blame Adebayor for that' the guy has not won anything (specical) at Arsenal
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 4:33pm On Jan 23, 2008
@Loyika

losing to the bloody yids is annoying . . .ur mentioning Tkb 419 and I in the same sentence sounds more appaling, cos I have kept my cool dont mean am not ready to trudge on if riled afresh cool

like we said on fone last nite, Wenger is just being plain foolish, LETS STOP DECEIVING OURSELVES !!! . . .THE MAN SEEMS TO BE LOSING IT AND IT WILL TAKE THE GRACE OF GOD TO WIN ANY TROPHY THIS SEASON embarassed

why did he not just stick to the young guns ? Walcott and Bendtner leading the frontline ? what rubbish! which kind combo be dat one ? undecided

or is Denilson and Berti ? haba ! if u wanted to use ur best set of players why not use them from the start ? why wait till crunch time to rectify a dead issue ? as at 0-2 why didnt the proud Frenchman just bring in at least Adebayor ? this is crazy !!! what was Fabianski doing in between the sticks ? didnt he just look like he was hypnotized thruout ? GEEZZZZ! angry

Bendtner has just been redundant and Diaby like Loyiks said is a waste of space and should have been sold of rather he gets to play, na charm ? shocked who needs a dribbler with no purpose ? angry

Gallas was one of the worst players on parade yesterday and its sad he looked pretty uncomfortable not playing alongside Toure ? GAINS OF THE NATION CUP ? cry

abeg wetin we dey take Traore do for that team sef ? so we no even get adequate cover for Clichy in case of incasity . .na wao shocked

Berti . . . .I know so many will open their moths in amazement as they read my saying BERTI HAS LOST IT !, what is responsible or who is irrelevant now,bottomline is if he has to go let him go ! cry

WENGER BUY PLAYERS . . . . WE NEED ÉM8)

MANAGEMENT FIND A WAY OF REDUCING WENGER'S INFLUENCE ON CLUB POLICIES AS IT IS KILLING THE CLUB . . . .AND NOW ! embarassed
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Millena(m): 4:37pm On Jan 23, 2008
Well Spurs ended the jinx, so what? They did it with their first 11 agains our reserves. The scoreline doesnt reflect the play, and most of the goals came from counter attacks against the inexperienced lads.

You all know they can't do it agains our Arsenal first team. (Make them try am for prem).
Well, lets hope to meet at the FA cup where revenge will be sweet, or the Prem next season where revenge will be sweeter. Maybe your lads should try and qualify for the Champions league and hopefully meet us there where revenge will be sweetest (if una fit go UCL).

Win or loose , "Arsenal 4 life[color=#990000][/color]"    grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 4:39pm On Jan 23, 2008
TKB tongue

See you, dey talk 1 tin 4 here, dey talk anoda for una thread tongue  or you think say i no dey read wetin you and Cougar/Jackal are prophesing like Bakare for Arsenal this season. tongue

As for the stuff btw you and Kit undecided Well i hope it has ended sha undecided

We don't need any beef in the sports forum (Unless you all take permission from me that is grin).

Besides if you get problem with Kit, then you get problem with me oh angry angry

BE WARNED!!

grin

Oboy forget Ateke, NA TODAY ARSENAL DEY LOSE 5-1!! We have heard his sermons all before.

Like Yaradua, actions speak louder than words grin grin

Ateke should obey the "RULE OF LAW" and give us peace.

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cougar: 4:42pm On Jan 23, 2008
Mc Omo:

THE MAN SEEMS TO BE LOSING IT AND IT WILL TAKE THE GRACE OF GOD TO WIN ANY TROPHY THIS SEASON embarassed

the best comment i have read all day. keep it coming!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by folahann(m): 4:50pm On Jan 23, 2008
Newcastle are the next for FA Cup, i hope what I'm thinking is not what is going through their minds; otherwise shocked shocked shocked
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Millena(m): 4:58pm On Jan 23, 2008
Mc Omo:

why did he not just stick to the young guns ? embarassed[/b]

AW has consistently stated that the carling cup is for the young lads. The carling cup has been a breeding ground for the reserves. Quoting AW from yesterday, " It is good to see that some of the young lads are there now, and for some of the young lads, its still some way b4 they are there".
Lets not forget that last year, the reserves reached the finals and played out a pulsating match with the Chelsea first eleven where the Arsenal youngsters wre certainly not outplayed. This season, these boys reached the semis playing the best amongst the rest in England.
have you all forgotten that MUtd tried playing thier reserves in this cup and they couldnt pass the first hurdle? C'mon Y'all, without AW playing these young lads, there wouldnt be no Clichy nor Fabregas nor Flamini in our team now.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 5:02pm On Jan 23, 2008
Kit

Oboy, i feel you on somethings, but then you should know that until he retires, ARSENE IS ARSENAL!! Board , what Board You actually believe he can be curbed

Like i always ask myself, Traore, wtf I can't remember when last the guy played a good game (Save the Milk Cup Final against Chelsea last season). The guy is rubbish, he makes Alex Song look like Maradona.

As for our chances, well i honestly still feel the League is ours to lose, Scumbots want the CL more than they want to retain the league. If we lose focus, then the better for them, but they will sacrifice the league if it clashes with the possibility of them winning another Euro trophy. FERGIE WANTS THAT SECOND ONE BADLY BEFORE HE HANGS UP HIS COAT!!

We still have as much chance of doing well in the FA Cup, so no worries there. All in all, despite last nights result, i still feel we arel capable of winning something (and we will).

Arsenal have never done things the easy way, (even when we went unbeaten in the league, we lost scanderlously to the Chavs at highbury during the CL quarters and lost to the Scum in the FA cup semis) so 1 result won't change much.

Milk Cup was never on my list of "wanted trophies", and i am sure its not on Wenger's list of priorities. What will worry the gaffer though is the lousy play of his team between both legs of the semis against Spurs (and the fact that we shipped in 6 goals).

As usual he will be honest and know that some players like Diaby won't cut it, he will also make a decision concerning Theo, but all in all, he won't be bothered about last night, and so should we. We lost to Spurs, we aren't going to the Cup Final (no guarranttee we would have won it even if we had beaten Spurs) BIG bleeping DEAL!!

So lets get a grip on our emotions before pressing the panic button. Lets see how we handle Newcastle over the weekend to see the effects of yesterdays game.

We have been in this stuff far too long to panic man, Arsene might be stubborn, but then again, which coach isn't .

I still trust the boys to come good, they owe us, Arsene has paid his dues, its time for the boys to reward the fans and the Gaffer.

cool GOONER 89

P.S. Squash the stuff with TKB, No Victor No Vanquished!! Beef is so last year tongue, now its Peace we all want. I go send Militants to una for Lag oh if you continue grin grin

Seriously, you all should end it for good and shake hands, (Or Mouses as the case may be).
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by folahann(m): 5:03pm On Jan 23, 2008
That is the spirit of Arsenalmanship-:
Emmanuel Adebayor has apologised for his altercation with Arsenal team-mate Nicklas Bendtner during Tuesday's 5-1 Carling Cup defeat at Tottenham. Adebayor told the club's website: "We are both passionate about this club, but it was a mistake. I am sorry."

It is not the first time that team-mates have been involved in an altercation on the pitch.
Lee Bowyer and Kieron Dyer were sent off after brawling at St James' Park in 2005 when they were playing for Newcastle, who had fallen 3-0 behind to Aston Villa. Seven years ago Bradford's Stuart McCall had to have stitches in a facial wound after Andy Myers struck him just before half-time of the 6-1 defeat to Leeds.
And in 1995, Blackburn team-mates David Batty and Graeme Le Saux came to blows during a Champions League match against Spartak Moscow.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tkb417(m): 6:06pm On Jan 23, 2008
TKB

See you, dey talk 1 tin 4 here, dey talk another for una thread or you think say i no dey read wetin you and Cougar/Jackal are prophesing like Bakare for Arsenal this season

grin grin i dey fear this thread o.

As for the stuff between you and Kit Well i hope it has ended sha

We don't need any beef in the sports forum (Unless you all take permission from me that is ).

Besides if you get problem with Kit, then you get problem with me oh

BE WARNED!!

NO BEEF. .Nothing

@Folahann
Adebayor should be tested for drug use
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by A40(m): 7:23pm On Jan 23, 2008
The Levee has broken.Please allow me to pour out my frustrations

A gaffe by the gaffer first of all.Arsene i wont forgive you for this 5-1 hammering by the spurs on my birthday.to be honest the handwriting was the wall but our baba was too blind or too stubborn to see it and in professional sports winning streaks do end but it was the nature of the loss that hurt even arsenal ladies wouldnt play so shyte its suprising how wenger could be so wise yet so foolish or how do you explain leaving our best and in form strikers in an important away cup match only to bring them on after going 4 goals down.Le prof must buy a few players before the transfer window ends i also think he should seriously consider ending this his young boys experiment as it is leading nowhere fast another trophyless season would not be accepted with open arms at the Emirates

P.S:Cesc's form is waning whats wrong with that boy?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tkb417(m): 7:27pm On Jan 23, 2008
grin grin grin ask him u never see anything.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 7:30pm On Jan 23, 2008
A-40,
Happy birthday.
I was so gutted, I was close to tears.
I have never seen us lose so badly in a long time.
The young boys disappointed yesterday, in fact, I just wanna forget about yesterday's disaster.Spurs? , of all teams?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cougar: 7:41pm On Jan 23, 2008
@ hnic,
cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy cheesy
dont be gutted, mate! lets be honest, spurs deserved the victory. the only time they have played badly against arsenal was when martin jol was their gaffer. in the league game at the emirates, they outplayed arsenal and were unfortunate to lose on the day. tottenham are not too far behind and they play some breath-taking football. berbatov is sheer class. his involvement/contribution in the sixty odd minutes he played was more effective than anyone else. keep your chin up. cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 7:48pm On Jan 23, 2008
@ Cougar,
Spuds deserve to beat us over the two legs no doubt,
but a 5-1 thrashing is just too much to bear, angry angry angry
I don't care which team we lined up, Never seen the Arsenal so poor in recent times,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by presido1: 7:49pm On Jan 23, 2008
A-40:

i also think he should seriously consider ending this his young boys experiment as it is leading nowhere fast another trophyless season would not be accepted with open arms at the Emirates

Word you are a true gunner. You have said the reality not loyinka or whatever he call himself.
Still Wan United
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cougar: 8:03pm On Jan 23, 2008
@ hnic,
interesting comment. so who is to blame? do we blame arsene wenger for keeping faith with his kids or blame bendtner for scoring an own goal? cheesy cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Millena(m): 8:51pm On Jan 23, 2008
C'mon you can't win all the time. AW has continually stated that the carling cup is for the young lads. You can't blame him for giving them a competition to mature and prove themselves, out of 4 competitions. The carling cup is the least of the competitive tournaments, and the gaffer uses that as a yardstick to test his youthful reserves each season.
Have you all forgotten that MUtd who tried playing their reserves just like AW did, got knocked out at the first hurdle?
C'mon these lads gave their best against a superior and more experienced Spurs. This is a learning curve.  When both teams meet in the Prem, then you can compare and contrast. Even if Barca or Inter or R.Madrid were in England, AW will still play these lads agains their first eleven in the carling cup. Its a lesson. It contributes a lot to their learning curve.
I know it hurts loosing not just a game, but a tournament against old foes Spurs, but some disappointments are blessings in disguise. How many reserves from other teams, not 2 mention the other big 3 can boast of a cup final and a cup semi within 2 years at such a tender age? MUtd lads nor LVPool nor Chelsea can. But Arsenal lads can boast that they have been there, and done that (though not quite sucessfully but near perfection).
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 9:47pm On Jan 23, 2008
all this because we lost to Spurs huh? grin grin

Its good medicine I say, wetin dey do that oyibo boy? Didn't he know Ade was a tout at Oshogbo motor park when he was still in diapers? grin grin

Gallas did have a bad game yesterday, that more than anything else was the cause of the rout. I guess even he has bad days. . .this will teach us to respect Phillipe a bit, some of those balls over the top would at least have been headed away by him.

simply a series of events that went against us. Frankly, one decision AW got wrong was not bringing Ade on immediately they got a third, why wait till 4-0 before doing that? But thats all in hindsight, we lost to a better team on the night more motivated and more passionate - now that counts more than any other factor in my book on the night.

All in all it was a scintillating spurs performance, we deserved the thrashing fully.

To all the folk crowing over a 5-1 defeat. . .get over it, once you are beyond 3-0, its all the same, especially when one team tries to chase the game and opens itself up for counter attacks.

Once again, the likes of Nic, Traore and Hoyte will look back on this as the night they became men, when everyone wrote them off. cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Millena(m): 11:27pm On Jan 23, 2008
debosky:

Once again, the likes of Nic, Traore and Hoyte will look back on this as the night they became men, when everyone wrote them off. cool

Bros I no go lie you, those three played bullshit. Too much inexperience. They are not there yet; they are not men yet ( in that aspect). But make no mistakes about it, they will be there soon. This is all part of the learning.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by folahann(m): 11:39pm On Jan 23, 2008
I strongly believe; Gunners will triump over their enemies this season
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by folahann(m): 11:44pm On Jan 23, 2008
I strongly believe; Gunners will triump over their enemies this season
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 7:33am On Jan 24, 2008
@debojyde

AW wasn't experimenting.It's been his style to use the young guns in the CC.I wonder what you would have said if they(Arsenal) had triumphed yesterday
Anyway, all said and done, good experience for the lads, its the MILK cup, another chance presents itself next year.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by wormedup(m): 9:01am On Jan 24, 2008
HNIC,
there was no way the "youngsters" were going to triumph.
any stupid manager would've know that after the first leg ! arsenal were bashed in the first leg and truely, the result(of the first leg) was a mockery of the game played. that game should have ended 4-1 against arsenal.
wenger is just plain stubborn ! and he keeps deceiving the fans with the outcome.

apparently, some of the arse fans are beginning to see the light.
arse fans can now openly declare disgust over wenger's "kids" policy.
now wengay had to mess a-40's (poor lad) cry buffday up in the name of some stupid policy.
when is he going to learn. he's not acting so bright for a manager tongue he's refusing to learn from his mistakes.

loyika, we didn't lose tongue tongue
i ask; what have these kids won for the arse ? lipsrsealed

(1) (2) (3) ... (426) (427) (428) (429) (430) (431) (432) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 71
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.