Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,173,346 members, 7,888,101 topics. Date: Friday, 12 July 2024 at 07:19 PM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (453) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (522535 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Chacal: 6:40pm On Feb 17, 2008
@ Debosky,

Well then . . . . . lets talk about the game on wednesday.

FYI, Kaka and Gattusso are back.
Pirlo, Nesta, Jankulovski, Maldini are all firing.
Ancellotti does not have to win at the Emirates to scale through. . . . A DRAW is enough for him to take back to San Siro.
By then, Pato and others will be back to do a collosal damage on Wenger . . . . .
Things are not looking bright. tongue tongue tongue tongue tongue
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 6:42pm On Feb 17, 2008
Maldini is 'firing'? grin grin

Hleb will retire that old bat on Wednesday cool

Ronaldo is whom I was most scared of, but he is out - Kaka and Pato will be dealt with, and as long as we don't concede stupid freekicks we'll be safe from Pirlo's wicked right foot. cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by MKDons1: 6:50pm On Feb 17, 2008
Need an Avatar? grin

PS: This Anderson Fab4 duel no gree upload. Trying to upload their tussles over the years but its too heavy. . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by seunspice(m): 7:01pm On Feb 17, 2008
Arsenal would sure win on Wednesday, so you gunners needn't worry about that. The Sansiro is where the story changes rapidly, and i wonder how AC gets this draw of playing the reverse leg at home all the time. Getting them out of the UCL would be good riddance to bad rubbish. However, i only want them out cause i cant stand them whipping hapless teams on their way to another final.
Those old men should do the game some good. let them retire and lets see some new faces at Milan boooooooo
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by chuckdee4(m): 7:28pm On Feb 17, 2008
Damn, what a weekend, i bet the likes of Jackal n co must have had an orgasm over that performance on Saturday.
Arsenal just didnt turn up and united fully deserved the win

Who to blame, geeeez a lot went wrong on the day, i've never seen hoyte play so badly, God knows he's better than that nonsense he showed, Traore is beginning to upset me with his silly mistakes and EBOUE should be flogged 24 in the midle of the Emirates, not only was he absent throught his short time on d pitch but what the phuck was that tackle all about, he's the min reason pple say Arsenal cheat, i've just about had it with his diving, dirty tackling ass.

Bendter n Eduardo looked like passengers, i'm not sure either of them are ready for these Man U games, boy do we need RV back, Ade can't carry d team all season.

What the hell was wrong with Toure and Gallas

In all it was a horrible display and the better team won, their 2nd team players looked more hungry than ours did so its quite fair we're not in the next round, they better thump AC Milan to make this defeat worth it. hopefully our 2 wing backs, Flamini, Ade and the real Fab should be back.

Don't be decieved we will bounce back just like we did after the tottenham defeat and the league is sure heading southwards. Onward Gunners
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by spora(m): 8:23pm On Feb 17, 2008
Eboue is gradually showing the bad boy he really is. I mean that was so unprofessional! Remember the timehe did the same to JT, he went away with it. All eyes seem to be on him now and the earlier he changes, the better for him.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Chacal: 8:46pm On Feb 17, 2008
@ Chuckdee4,

Orgasm? Why are u talking as if i didn't expect Man Utd to trounce y'all pathetic goons. grin grin grin

Besides, don't compare this situation with what happened against Tottenham.
It worries me that GAYnners don't think deep before spewing.
First all. . . . U met a disjointed Newcastle FC after getting trounced by SPURS. . . . This time around, it will be AC MILAN.

This time around. . . .It's not about 3 points. It is about winning emphatically so the 2nd leg fixture will be a dead rubber.
In other words. . . .not even a 1-0 or 2-1 result is good enough for Arsene Wenger so y'all guys should start praying.
I hope u goons can see the clear distinction between the 2 scenarios and stop talking about any bouncebackability.

A full-strength ARSEnal will struggle against MILAN, let alone an injury-plagued one.
Please smell the coffee and hope your season does not disntegrate on tuesday.
Another de javu? cheesy wink wink wink
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by ayusman16(m): 9:21pm On Feb 17, 2008
Thank God football is played 11men against 11men and not on the mouth of the scummies. If we can do it against Madrid, Juv some season back then i believe we could pull this one against Milan. The boys i believe av learnt their lessons from yesterday's game. Bring on AC Milan.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by chuckdee4(m): 12:25am On Feb 18, 2008
Chacal

My boys will bounce back, make no mistake, we met a newcastle team (after the tottenham game) who had their so-called saviour back to resurrect their season, we blasted them outta the water like Mr Kegan wasn't even there. Milan would be much tougher but i think AW and the boys put too much emphasis into the Milan game, hence saturdays outcome (Plus the fact that the team played crap). Milan will pay, mark my words.

Don't tell me u actually thought u lot would win by such a margin, no one, even the pundits saw that score line coming, but kudos to u guys, ur team looked the hungrier, but don't be expecting us to drop any points for u guys in the league
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by rasputinn(m): 7:35am On Feb 18, 2008
debosky:

Maldini is 'firing'? grin grin

Hleb will retire that old bat on Wednesday cool

Ronaldo is whom I was most scared of, but he is out - Kaka and Pato will be dealt with, and as long as we don't concede stupid freekicks we'll be safe from Pirlo's wicked right foot. cool

Hmmm,it's actually Pirlo's set pieces,I'm worried about more than anything
chuckdee4:

Damn, what a weekend, i bet the likes of Jackal n co must have had an orgasm over that performance on Saturday.
Arsenal just didnt turn up and united fully deserved the win

Who to blame, geeeez a lot went wrong on the day, i've never seen hoyte play so badly, God knows he's better than that nonsense he showed, Traore is beginning to upset me with his silly mistakes and EBOUE should be flogged 24 in the midle of the Emirates, not only was he absent throught his short time on d pitch but what the phuck was that tackle all about, he's the min reason people say Arsenal cheat, i've just about had it with his diving, dirty tackling ass.

Bendter n Eduardo looked like passengers, i'm not sure either of them are ready for these Manchester United games, boy do we need RV back, Ade can't carry d team all season.

What the hell was wrong with Toure and Gallas

In all it was a horrible display and the better team won, their 2nd team players looked more hungry than ours did so its quite fair we're not in the next round, they better thump AC Milan to make this defeat worth it. hopefully our 2 wing backs, Flamini, Ade and the real Fab should be back.

Don't be decieved we will bounce back just like we did after the tottenham defeat and the league is sure heading southwards. Onward Gunners

On Eboue,you just read my mind,where is the Eboue that used to make those darting runs like a gazelle down the flanks before pulling in those inch perfect crosses for TH14 & co 1-2 seasons ago.If he really wants out,he should come out LOUD AND CLEAR,all these hidden desire to play for barca is making him lose focus.
As a GOONER,of course I want us to edge out Milan over the two legs,but that will not happen if our boys don't come to the party.If they try that nonsense(including the formation,defence line,approach to the game etc etc)they displayed against Man u on Sat ,then we'll be mince meat for Milan.
Howbeit if they decide to up the ante,raise their game more than like we saw against Man City(that humbled Man u @ old and dilapidated Trafford),then victory is assured.
FINAL NOTESsad1)Milan takes European ties more seriously than those of the serie A.So we must give them that in-your-face attitude we gave Juve 2 seasons ago and play like we really are hungry for for the CL,anything short of that,then it's au voir CL.
(2)The EPL trophy is less than 11km(11games) away from the Emirates.Yep,I know we have 12 games to go,but I AM CONFIDENT we will win the league before then.
GO GOONERS,have a lovely CONFIDENT week
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by topeorekoy(m): 8:06am On Feb 18, 2008
i cldnt just believe wat happened on that day- losing 4-0 to the scums is just too bad for me. none of the gooners played footy on saturday. i tot i was playing play station. why have we lost so high like this in all our losses? 3-0 to sevilla, 5-1 spurs, 4-0 to united. except the 2-1 to 'boro was marginal. pls i pray there aint any more losses this season.

wenger sometimes annoys me big time, why wld he field some players in this match? why did senderos not start this match? the guy is in form but he chose to start toure. hoyte and traore were shit on saturday, nani made em look like ball boys. two of the goals came from the wings. berti? dont knw waht to say, the guy is just match rusty. the only player that i can rate high incidentally is lehman, the score line wld have been 7-0 but he made it 4-0.

anyway, u win some u lose some
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Emperoh(m): 8:26am On Feb 18, 2008
topeorekoy:

i cldnt just believe what happened on that day- losing 4-0 to the scums is just too bad for me. none of the gooners played footy on saturday. i tot i was playing play station. why have we lost so high like this in all our losses? 3-0 to sevilla, 5-1 spurs, 4-0 to united. except the 2-1 to 'boro was marginal. please i pray there aint any more losses this season.

wenger sometimes annoys me big time, why would he field some players in this match? why did senderos not start this match? the guy is in form but he chose to start toure. hoyte and traore were shit on saturday, nani made em look like ball boys. two of the goals came from the wings. berti? don't knw waht to say, the guy is just match rusty. the only player that i can rate high incidentally is lehman, the score line would have been 7-0 but he made it 4-0.

anyway, u win some u lose some

But not with such a margin.

God, i could help laughter. They played like some scummies who;s just 2 rounds of gay coitus with their Wengay b4 the match. I couldn't help seeing Nani making Gallas look like a schoolboy footballer.
I just HOPE u don't pay for this mistake by falling AC Milan. Bcause its b then you will realise the impot of what just struck you. Then it will be from 4 trophies to JUST 1 (ONE) shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked shocked

My sincere condolences to Gayners. What a Terrible display!!!!!! cry cry cry cry cry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Vieira(m): 9:43am On Feb 18, 2008
Now that my shame has reduced, I can come and post.

what a shocker of a game, I feel for you Banderas going all that way to watch Arsenal just surrender.

We did not try at all in that match.

We not only lost but we played like a bunch of cowards.

We were losing in tacklies all over the pitch, we did not put in one full blooded tackle till flamini came on!!

Hoyte, Hoyte, after all my praises you now let me down, he had a terrible game, they keep beating him and swinging in crosses willy nilly. Trarore is blatantly not ready.

Fabregras slept through the whole match.

Gilberto is simply past it. no fire, cannot pass and just looks slow and lethargic.

I have never experienced the amount of jeering and scorn than I have had in Naija when watching that game. I suppose wearing my 'Arsenal Knows' shirt was not a good move.

Anyway I predict that this match will serve Arsenal well when we go back to OT. I can bet any amount Man U will not win that match.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Chacal: 9:58am On Feb 18, 2008
@ Vieira,

U still wanna bet?
Gaynners dont give up, do they?
At this rate, Gaynners might have just 9 players match fit for the April 12 clash.
Players are getting injured en masse. . . . .What makes u think Fab4 or Ade won't be crocked by the time u come to OT.
Take it or leave it. . . . . Man Utd will beat Arsenal at OT(we dont even have to play Ronaldo or Tevez)
ANDERSON is the key. grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by topeorekoy(m): 10:50am On Feb 18, 2008
CHACAL,

will not lie to u, anderson was the key man in that game. he was superb. our team played woefully.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nyabinghi(m): 12:20pm On Feb 18, 2008
I knew you guys were going to bottle it. Elderz and chukkdee were having full erections before the game, even the sillt mark lawrenson predicted a draw. Arsenal shouldn't bother come to OT unless they are going to play 10 men behind the ball. brown,nani,Park,carrick,Fletcher are not even guaranteed of playing in the first eleven.
The real 11 are van de sar,neville,evra,hargreaves,ferdinand,vidic,ronaldo,rooney,tevez,scholes and giggs and arsenal's starting 11 are Almunia,sagna,clichy,flamini,toure,gallas,rosicky,hleb,adebayor,eduardo we both missed out natural 11 but the ones that deputised are also good enough for the games. bentdner rescued 2 points for arsenal againt the spuds at the emirate. Hoyte has been playing at the top flight for up to 4 years now. Remember 6-1 drubbing that made the debut of cashley cole.

Viva United
My predictions for the league game at OT is United 3 Arsenal 1

United to win the lague by by 1 point.

E dey pain m eo ga ga o, e dey pain me wellie wellie o ga gan o ga gan o
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by chuckdee4(m): 12:33pm On Feb 18, 2008
nyabingo, fair play u guys won fair and square but if u think thats the same Arsenal that will turn up in the league then u have something else coming ur way.
Its only the FA Cup, stop wanking urself u still haven't won anything yet. Last tym at Emirates when we had our original full backs playing, ur wingers saw nothing all game, don't get too excited yet, u may have won the battle but the war is sure still on, i we have the upper hand
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Chacal: 12:37pm On Feb 18, 2008
@ Chuckdee4,

What makes u think Giggsy will be starting when we square up again in April.
I doubt Ferguson will be using his old guards against Arsenal ever again. . . . Its Anderson vs Cesc from now on. wink wink
United had enough ball-winners in Park, Fletcher, Anderson, Carrick and Nani. . . . . . They never gave up chasing everything in sight.
I just saw the game again on MUTV just now . . . It was United's tactics that screwed Arsenal up big time.
Stop saying Arsenal didn't turn up. . . . . . United were just superior on the day and Nani will be back to screw Sagna or Eboue up.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by nyabinghi(m): 12:40pm On Feb 18, 2008
sincerely our wingers did nothing at the emirates but with wazza and evra your central defenders were made ordinary. Gallas is past his prime. The reason arsenal beat most of the teams in the EPL is because they are afraid of being hit on the break. In my honest opinion, i never expected arsenal to capitulate like they did in 2001 when we thrashed them 6-1 or like the 2-0 that ended your 49 unbeaten run or even like the 2005 fa cup where u were outplayed for 120 mins but for wayward finishing.
mark my words, man u will be tops come march 13.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 1:05pm On Feb 18, 2008
Let's be frank.We didn't turn up.
SAF was smart to have dropped Giggs and Scholes, as Nani,Park and Anderson were up to the task.
Hoyte and TraoreWas it that they were poor on saturday or they have been poor all season?
Gilberto was not there, the whole team just wasn;t up for it.
Let's be frank again, Whichever of the mancs coming here to gloat saw that scandalous scoreline.
Even SAF was shocked, Even the players, Rio and co were shell shocked at how easy it was,
Everyone predicted a close tie, embarassed embarassed
One set of players just didn't turn up, embarassed embarassed
The Arsenal will be back, surely, tongue
Just like Debosky said,
It 's like a blesing in disguise, less matches to play, fitter players, concentration on the big pies(epl and cl)
It's better to go out of the FA cup now than in the semis or the final itself. tongue
Really, in a few years time, we'll remember the winners of the FA cup and not the 5th round matches .
All in all, the mancs progress, we are out, Wednesday is another date.The Arsenal will be back!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Chacal: 1:13pm On Feb 18, 2008
grin grin grin grin grin

I am having a laugh.
This 4-0 victory will not be forgotten for years to come irrespective of who wins the FA cup.
Will Tottenham fans ever forget the 5-1 smashing of GAYnners in the Carling cup? I think not.
This was a comprehensive beating. . . . a thrashing that reduced gaynners to no corner-kick and one single shot on goal in 90 minutes. grin grin

Blessing in disguise?
4-0 drubbing is a blessing? If the results were reversed, would it be a curse? grin grin grin
I just don't understand how GAYnners reason sometimes. . . Wenger should be crucified this morning for playing such a dumb formation.
Arsenal will not recover from this drubbing . . . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 1:35pm On Feb 18, 2008
Chacal:

grin grin grin grin grin

Arsenal will not recover from this drubbing . . . .

Chacal,
same thing u said when we lost to Spurs.
What I meant is that, of what use is it for Spurs to thrash Arsenal 6-2(aggregate) and then lose the final of the milk cup and of what use is the mancs 'thrashing' of Arsenal if they are bundled out in the next round,by, maybe, Briatol City grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin.
I can remember when we gunners were gloating over beaten u guys home and away last season and u guys kept saying, 'of what use is it when we finished 4th and about 20 points behind the champions'
If we go by that logic, that winning a trophy is what counts and not beaten everyone black and blue and losing in the final, then my theory holds.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Chacal: 1:44pm On Feb 18, 2008
@ HNIC,

Its not the defeat that worries me. . . . . Its the manner by which u LOST!!!!!!!!!!!!
I have never seen ur team so pathetic. . . . .even against SPURS, Arsenal showed fight and spirit. . .
Arsenal peppered Tottenham's defence but were unlucky on the day. . . Bendtner should have scored a hatrick.
U had countless corner-kicks and dangerous moments to win against SPURS.

However, on saturday, there was no moment u looked like scoring in the entire 90 mins.
The 4-0 result even flatters u guys. . . . . It should have been 7-0 if Wazza had been a bit clinical.
Can u imagine that? 4-0 flattering Arsene Wenger's team? Its pathetic.
United lost both games against Arsenal by the odd goal. . . .1-0 and 2-1.(u cannot compare that with this by any means).
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 1:48pm On Feb 18, 2008
Bristol City*********
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dayokanu(m): 1:52pm On Feb 18, 2008
Losing 4-0, 5-1 to your rivals in 2004 2005 it was 6-2 aggregate this season its already 6-2 aggreagates and counting. In 2001 it was 6-1. I was livid with TKB and Man UTD for making the scoreline respectable It should have been 13-0

Where was Fab 4?, Kolo is still suffering from [b]Zaki[/b]ism, Gallas has been infected, Eboue is now training martial arts, Was Hleb on the field, Okay I get it AW was resting players for Milan and Premiership.

Since the players are tired, he should rest them for next season tongue tongue Gayners. Assing Wankers

@HNIC, Its only teams that beat the likes of Assanal that get the rare opportunity of playing Bristol City. Rather lose to Bristol than lose to Assanal in that way.

Milan wld rather lose to Siena than Inter or Juve 6-0, Real wld rather lose to Levante than lose 4-0 to Barca

Man Scum would rather lose to Coventry than lose 4-0 to Gaynners
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by codedguy1(m): 2:01pm On Feb 18, 2008
Deep down inside, ASS ANAL fans know that they are in deep shit. 5 points lead is nothing, and you guys would soon know the psychological blow your team has suffered.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 2:17pm On Feb 18, 2008
It was embarassing, Chacal,
I almost stopped watching grin grin grin grin
I am not in any way really, comparing the two results.
We were pathetic.
But still nothing will count until there is a silverware in the cabinet.
No one has won anything yet, though as per braging rights, yep, u guys have got it this season!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 2:27pm On Feb 18, 2008
@dayokanu
Haba,
I was only joking about the 'BRISTOL CITY' thing,
But wait, we have lost 0-4 to the mancs,
What do we do? KILL ourselves?
Wow, we are out of two competitions and there are still two left to compete for.
Its been a wonderful season so far,
We have come back from this kind of defeat twice this season, this won't be an exception!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 2:43pm On Feb 18, 2008
@ Coded guy
You are beginning to sound like a broken record,
Blah blah blah,
we have been hearing that all season,
Catch up is what everyone will play with us this season,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by akinalabi(m): 3:12pm On Feb 18, 2008
dayokanu:

Kolo is still suffering from [b]Zaki[/b]ism

You mean the Egyptian lad that turned him inside out? grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by dayokanu(m): 4:34pm On Feb 18, 2008
Sure That Egyptian did a lot of harm to Kolomental wait for Wednesday's [b]Kaka[/b]clysm ,
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by debosky(m): 5:06pm On Feb 18, 2008
Titles to be released on Wednesday:

Kakaclysm - the unexpected complete silencing of Kaka By Kolo Kolomental Toure grin grin

Gat-tu-sob - How to make Italians cry. By Mattty [i]Flamin-Hot [/i]Flamini cool

When I was a young boy - Maldini's cry By Manu 'Makossa' Adebayor grin

Did-a do that? By Dida getting nutmegged by Eduardo cheesy

More to come shortly cool

Gunner 1915 cool grin

(1) (2) (3) ... (450) (451) (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 77
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.