Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,169,784 members, 7,875,940 topics. Date: Sunday, 30 June 2024 at 03:56 AM

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) (455) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) (519912 Views)

Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (A New Strength, A New Hope). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (R.I.P Bawomolo). / Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) ... (776) (Go Down)

Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by folahann(m): 10:31pm On Feb 20, 2008
OOO shit     who directed Adebayor's header to the cross bar
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Bolernlay(m): 10:35pm On Feb 20, 2008
Gud game bt were simply unlucky not 2 have won
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Chacal: 10:52pm On Feb 20, 2008
@ Eldee,

What gives?
U couldn't even score at the Emirates . . . . .This tie is officially over.
Arsenal CANNOT win at San Siro. . . . .Match officials let AC Milan get away with murder on that ground.
GATTUSO will bully and chase FAB4 back to Catalonia. cheesy grin cheesy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by ritchboy(m): 10:59pm On Feb 20, 2008
Chacal,
the tie is ova?
Dont be such a 'tard.
All we need is a scor
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by ritchboy(m): 11:01pm On Feb 20, 2008
A score draw
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by justkunmi(m): 11:18pm On Feb 20, 2008
So sad. Arsenal's Champions League dream is over. Or is anyone still nurturing some kind of hope?
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Cassiel(f): 11:25pm On Feb 20, 2008
They were entertainingly beautiful tonight,but just too bad it wasn't good enough.Adebayor's miss,damn,that hurt.There is simply no way arsenal can win at San Siro.Better luck next time guys.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by lynxnoon(m): 11:29pm On Feb 20, 2008
its not ova til its ova grin grin
but men adebayor 4 nod dat ball well now, kai cry
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Chacal: 11:30pm On Feb 20, 2008
@ Ritchboy,

Score draw? Don't be silly.
U couldn't score at the Emirates . . . U wanna score at San Siro?
Come on. . . . . Lets be realistic here.

I told u weeks back that all Milan has to do is to force a draw.
They have so many injured players just coming back so they will be happy with a draw.
In a fortnight, Dida will be back and that alone will give them the drive to cause damage to Arsenal.

P.S.  When will ADEBAYOR score his 1st Champions league goal? His 14th attempt and no goal? Damn!!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by willyede(m): 11:33pm On Feb 20, 2008
can anybody remember inter milan at the san siro and can anybody remember when we beat the almighty juve with the then inform nedved.San siro is the kind of challenge arsenal want perhaps they will come out attacking.The game was one sided becos they were scared to come out to play.San siro will be the battle ground.GUNNER TILL I LOSE MY LAST BREATH
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by justkunmi(m): 11:43pm On Feb 20, 2008
Battle ground Slaughter ground you mean. . .
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by toshmann(m): 3:16am On Feb 21, 2008
arsenal grin grin grin grin
una try sha. 0-0 is better than 2-I victory. trust me. milan's plan was to score one goal, even if u guys score two. but the clean sheet is good for arsenal. it means milan wont be relaxed at home.

but it is san siro grin grin grin

underrated liverpool beat inter 2-0 cheesy cheesy,
una no fit beat milan grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by HNIC(m): 7:58am On Feb 21, 2008
Game on,
It was so sad that it ended in a draw, (how did Ade's header not go in)
All to play for in the second leg,
We ain't scared of san siro at all.
Chacal made mention of Dida coming back, Boy, I will be delighted,
Bet if Dida had been in goal yesterday, he might have spilled one or two shots and we'll be smiling now
Bring on Dida, Bring on Inzaghi,Bring on Milan, We ain't scared.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by ritchboy(m): 8:09am On Feb 21, 2008
Chacal,
what makes u think we cant/wont score @ d san siro?We have scored 5 there b4.
Dida? I'm having a laugh.Obviously u havent bin watching serie a.KALAC is now first choice @ milan.How do u think dida got injured? He hurt his back while sitting on the subs bench grin how hilarious grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by eldee(m): 8:30am On Feb 21, 2008
@chacal
hmmn, and this is the point at which eldee refuses to resign to winning only the league
but u have to accept that that this performance is arguably our best so far this season
please who knows if Kaka played, or is it me that didn't watch the match properly?
na wa oo, and they were saying HD is the best for TV clarity cheesy cheesy

it took christiano three seasons to score his first UCL goal, so chill man angry grin

@HNIC
mayne, that keeper was extremely good, he never even got spilled any of those shots to corner kicks
thank God dida will be back ooh, and that walcott boy flunctuates more than a losely connected wire
see those sparks of brillance in just about five minutes yesterday
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by princekay1(m): 8:35am On Feb 21, 2008
willyede:

can anybody remember inter milan at the san siro and can anybody remember when we beat the almighty juve with the then inform nedved.San siro is the kind of challenge arsenal want perhaps they will come out attacking.The game was one sided because they were scared to come out to play.San siro will be the battle ground.GUNNER TILL I LOSE MY LAST BREATH

i love ur spirit! We'r killing them at San Siro, no doubt.
Gunner even in heaven!
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tommyex(m): 9:54am On Feb 21, 2008
Chacal,
what makes u think we can't/wont score @ d san siro?We have scored 5 there before.
Dida? I'm having a laugh.Obviously u havent bin watching serie a.KALAC is now first choice @ milan.How do u think dida got injured? He hurt his back while sitting on the subs bench how hilarious

Yea
Kalac is now 1st choice,but i know he is not good on the ground,e.g if that Eboue chance had gone in he wont have a chance,

Anyway its game on in MILAN,the good thing is Milan will come out and we will now play on the counter which they tried 2 do yest,We ll see who wins there,It may end 1-1,
Its March 4
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by tommyex(m): 10:03am On Feb 21, 2008
Senderous was 1 of my best players on d nite,let Kolo jus relax,no need 2 rush him back

I hope RVP wil be back by then,and Rosicky too,they r more accurate with shots.and we need to work on defending set pieces

I am off 2 London sha to talk to wenger b4 they depart 4 birmingham gameso pass ur comments 2 me
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Nobody: 10:31am On Feb 21, 2008
Oh I can't help but to laugh
grin grin grin grin grin grin
San Siro the burial ground for Arsenal
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by chuckdee4(m): 10:39am On Feb 21, 2008
Impressive display against the reigning champions, Arsenal nullified Kaka, Pato and Seedorf, we were unlucky not to have scored but what makkes me more happy is that Milan do not have an away goal, so its up to us to get that away goal.
Milan will obviosuly come out to play at the San Siro and that will leave gaps in their backyard, we all know Arsenal can counter anyone's ass back to the stone ages, the first goal will be very important, i hope Milan don't get it cos those bastards can defend like no man's business.
In all it was a good display, shame about Toure but Senderos has played very well of recent and for once i'm not too bothered with him starting, i heard Toure will be out for about a MONTH, God save us o

When are Rosicky and RVP due back our squad is getting depleted by the minute
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by topeorekoy(m): 10:45am On Feb 21, 2008
senderous is far becoming a cool dude. his game was so tite, his tackles were off the hook. on current form he is better than kolo toure.

my take on the arsenal team is that we need more experieced players in that team. wenger shld not be buying 16 years old players again, he need to fortify our bench. there r no quality replacements on the bench. if FAB4 shld get injured 2day, who is the quality that will repalce him? am so worried abt our buying policy
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by loyika(m): 11:55am On Feb 21, 2008
cheesy cheesy

In all my years of watching footie cheesy cheesy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/7255975.stm

What won't we hear/see again grin grin

Hopefully will give my views on the game much later cool But summary is; OUR ATTACKLINE WAS RUBBISH!! tongue

cool GOONER 89
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 12:05pm On Feb 21, 2008
@Tope

howdy ? was expecting ur call ?  wink

like we both agreed on, there is need to buy experienced players as this youth policy aint just the thing for Arsenal but rather for AW  cheesy

sincerely, the boys were up to the task yesterday making Pato, Gattuso, Kaka, and Pirlo anonymous for most of the game . . . . tongue

aw could those Milanos have thunk apologies Jackal that they will outplay us at our own game ? even Clichy sef dey yeye the arugbo players . . . see how Flamini turned Pirlo inside out  shocked Maldini was even made to scramble on the floor by Eboue  shocked  grin

Adebayor was just plain unlucky or else what explains his missing that header ?  embarassed he was a menace throughout te game and he showed an uncommon hunger to score  cheesy

Bendtner has been rubbish, I wonder why Wenger will not ship him off soonest  angry

why the f@ck did Toure start the game at all ? it was plain stupidity on his part and AW to have started him as it is obvious he had been playing with injury all along . . .same reason he wasnt supposed to have started against Egypt when Zaki made him a laughing stock  grin

Senderos was top notch . . . FABREGAS WAS OUTSTANDING, EVEN THOUGH A LITTLE BIT WASTEFUL IN FRONT OF GOAL  cheesy

Kalac and Lehmann were both outstanding in between the sticks and were probably the best players on the field save for the generals in mdifield that were also outstanding and I mean Seedorf and Fab4  cool

@Loyika

like u asked last nite . . . . WHAT THE HECK IS WRONG WITH RVP ? . . . . undecided

the guy is becoming a liability or what explains the fact that we have only enjoyed him sparingly ? he would have come with a scorcher in that kind of game that was yesterday's !!! Eduardo could be pathetic  embarassed atimes u just wonder why he drifts off games like that  undecided
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by holythug(m): 12:07pm On Feb 21, 2008
well, well ,  well. . .arsenal una try oo
make we see ow una go do for san siro
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by metro(m): 1:08pm On Feb 21, 2008
chuckdee4:

Milan will obviosuly come out to play at the San Siro and that will leave gaps in their backyard, we all know Arsenal can counter anyone's ass back to the stone ages, the first goal will be very important, i hope Milan don't get it because those bastards can defend like no man's business.
In all it was a good display, shame about Toure but Senderos has played very well of recent and for once i'm not too bothered with him starting,
When are Rosicky and RVP due back our squad is getting depleted by the minute

just like de came out against man utd and spank dem 3 nil we ar d champions and it will stay like dat [/sub][s][/s]wenger is already luking for excuse pitch is not like d one at the emirate[s][/s][sub] dont 4get we av neva lost to any EPL side at the san siro

The Gunners' only previous meeting with Milan came in the 1994 UEFA Super Cup when the Italians triumphed, drawing 0-0 in London before winning 2-0 at home. Arsenal gained their place on that stage with a 1-0 victory against Italian side Parma FC in the UEFA Cup Winners' Cup final.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Hugoboi(m): 1:55pm On Feb 21, 2008
Much as i hate to admit,Arsenal was fantastic last night.At a point I couldnt believe they were actually on the pitch wiv Milan.It was either ill luck or inexperience or both that cost them dearly imagine mumu adebayor in front of goal.Anyway I want to stress the fact that SanSiro will be Arsenal's Waterloo.Ancellotti should know by now that he's got a near crisis in his hands and should up the ante wiv his squad like he always does
I honestly dont see the Gunners making it past this round.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by hustler(m): 3:47pm On Feb 21, 2008
loyika:

cheesy cheesy

In all my years of watching footie cheesy cheesy

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport2/hi/football/teams/m/man_utd/7255975.stm

What won't we hear/see again grin grin

Hopefully will give my views on the game much later cool But summary is; OUR ATTACKLINE WAS RUBBISH!! tongue

cool GOONER 89

Dont have any biz posting here but Loyika, plssss give credit to whom it is due, Against the likes of Wigan, Birmingham,Derby with the way u poured forward and attacked , u would prolly have scored 7 goals like against Sparta Prague,

But oga u faced Milan, with excellent tactical positioning and dogged defending and u say ur attackline was rubbish, U should be saying , THEIR DEFENCE LINE IS OUT OF THIS WORLD,

Most neutrals i know gave Maldini (at 39) man of the match especially when he replaced the best CB in the world (Nesta) in the middle

Pls give credit to both sides of the 2 teams but especially to Milan's defence line, Thank you.

MILANISTA TILL I'M 6 FEET.
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by Nobody: 4:07pm On Feb 21, 2008
@Hustler

u had to come out of ur rat hole after a pulling an way draw undecided

dooh

anyways, BIG-UPS to the Milano defence . . .are u okay now ? undecided

abi no be wetin u wan hear be dat ? grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 4:18pm On Feb 21, 2008
@Hustler

don't get it twisted. . . .its me KITAUN

in a cafe right now. . .I unknowingly used a Nler's page to reply

Nlers plenty o  shocked
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by toshmann(m): 4:32pm On Feb 21, 2008
@arsenal fans
champions league no be premiership o. when you finish with the small teams in first round you now face men.
even if milan was at the bottom of the italian league, when it is europe, they are real men. grin grin

beat milan and you are a contender. cool
beat liverpool and you are a strong contender. cool inter learnt a hard lesson
beat man u and u still have a long way to go. grin
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by McOmo(m): 5:25pm On Feb 21, 2008
@Toshmann

u got bragging rights man ! use it wink

dont forget Inter has never been a top contender when its about UECL cool
Re: Arsenal Fan Thread: For Gunners Only (Old) by presido1: 6:08pm On Feb 21, 2008
After the san siro game all arsenal fans will remember the near miss of Ade. (Indelible)

(1) (2) (3) ... (452) (453) (454) (455) (456) (457) (458) ... (776)

Offical Bayern Munich Fan Thread: 6x Champions Of Europe / R36L Madrid - Most Successful & Greatest Champ15ns of Spain, Europe & W8rld / EPL Chatroom - All Discussions

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 49
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.